Ashes 2019

General sports news and discussions.
jackspratt
udonmap.com

Re: Ashes 2019

Post by jackspratt » August 23, 2019, 8:12 pm

80.......80........ ya' gotta be kidding.

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » August 23, 2019, 8:19 pm

Barney wrote:What a shocker from the Aussies!
Will be a mighty effort to pull this one out of the fire, but all is not lost.
I can only repeat
Will take a mighty effort to pull this one out of the fire , but all is not lost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » August 23, 2019, 8:27 pm

jackspratt wrote:
August 23, 2019, 8:12 pm
80.......80........ ya' gotta be kidding.
They Were Jack...........They got Only 67 ALL OUT !!

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Post by marjamlew » August 24, 2019, 5:54 am

What a day of test cricket. What a cow paddock Heddingly has become. What's the point of producing a wicket that gives the bats absolutely no chance on a beautiful seeing day like day two. At least the collapse on day one happened in the dark with the ball swinging in every direction. There was no swing on day two but the ball seemed all over the place making it basically impossible to bat without a lot of luck. The worlds best cricket grounds, Adelaide for example, provide for a contest between bat and ball. Seems the pommy curators have forgotten how to do this and only provide doctored wickets that they believe will give the home team an advantage. Unfortunately for them the home team have very little ability and even less heart or team spirit.
On another note apparently Steve Smith has now been in England for six weeks and the Poms are claiming him as one of their own. He will be selected to bat at three, four, five, six, seven and eight in the next test :lol: :lol: .
Watch Me!!

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » August 24, 2019, 10:08 am

ALL English wickets are now "prepared" to play Pajama Baseball 20 otherwise known as "Big Crash" so why is anyone surprised when they CRASH ........ Hopefully someone will talk Sir Alister out of International retirement (but not before Essex win the county championship again)

BTW crystal ball wasnt far out considering the "experts" were predicting a perfect batting wicket :lol:

BBTW Congrats to the springbok guy ........ told he was cover for Smith so he responds by holding the innings together twice when all the Aussie batters collapse round him .......... very Smiffy :-$

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » August 24, 2019, 12:39 pm

That wasn't the pitch. Last time Yorkshire played there, the first innings score was 520 and scores this year have generally favoured batters.

This is 2 decent bowling attacks, one below average batting lineup and another one for whom the word inept would be kind.

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » August 24, 2019, 3:00 pm

stattointhailand wrote:ALL English wickets are now "prepared" to play Pajama Baseball 20 otherwise known as "Big Crash" so why is anyone surprised when they CRASH ........ Hopefully someone will talk Sir Alister out of International retirement (but not before Essex win the county championship again)

BTW crystal ball wasnt far out considering the "experts" were predicting a perfect batting wicket :lol:

BBTW Congrats to the springbok guy ........ told he was cover for Smith so he responds by holding the innings together twice when all the Aussie batters collapse round him .......... very Smiffy :-$

C’mon Mr Statts,

Our overseas guys have almost all never played for another country. Unlike England.
Now I have been waiting patiently for you to some how tie in another Aussie in our current team to the English roots. His older brother actually played for England. But our boy is true blue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » August 24, 2019, 9:55 pm

Special mention for the England batters who actually made it to 80 second time of asking =D> =D> =D>

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » August 25, 2019, 1:00 pm

This is what the Ashes is all about, a struggle and a backs to the wall effort needed from the poms, trying to save the game and the series. There is going to be a result today and only 2 ways to end. Poms lose it and the ashes are back on Aussie soil, win it and the series is well and truly alive with England getting to fight another day.
200 to win and 7 wickets, New ball due in another 8 or so overs will be a game changer.
This could be an exciting finish. But had a good rub and polish of me crystal ball last night and all vision points to the Aussies having a celebratory pint over an early dinner.

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Post by marjamlew » August 25, 2019, 3:40 pm

Good to see you polishing the crystal Barney. I agree with your prediction and reckon we are about a 75% chance of winning. Any Poms going to make a call? A balls to the wall day ahead.
Watch Me!!

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » August 25, 2019, 7:15 pm

We made it to lunch (is that dinner Barney??).

To be honest I thought we would be 7 or 8 down by now so, everything’s a bonus.

The odds saying England now but, I still think we will struggle to get the 120ish needed with Lyons seeming the main danger.

Hope I am wrong but, at least I was right about the pitch!!!

Come on England!!!

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » August 25, 2019, 10:20 pm

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> Jack Leach Superhero

Jimmy Andersonesque ONE NOT OUT in an unbeaten 76 run partnership .....

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » August 25, 2019, 10:22 pm

Bloomin 'eck !
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » August 25, 2019, 10:24 pm

Wow. Series on!

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » August 25, 2019, 10:28 pm

What horrible cricket from Australia in the last few overs. :(

- Harris, dropped catch, though a pretty hard one
- wasting a review on an LBW decision on a ball that clearly pitched well outside leg
- Lyon's fumble on the easy run-out
- no reviews left for an LBW that was quite clear to everyone on the field but the umpire

Well played Stokes and the Poms - on to Old Trafford.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » August 25, 2019, 10:33 pm

Not sure who has the best crystal ball, but this guy's is pretty good ........ note the time 1:05pm during the lunch break.

"1.05pm: Test cricket, you scoundrel! What have you got planned here...? A huge session and England have shifted the psychology of this run chase. Let's be clear: two quick wickets and Australia will be all over them again. But somehow, despite getting rid of Joe Root inside a first hour during which England barely moved anywhere, it is the tourists who have looked edgier. Bairstow, in particular, has energised the crowd and if - IF - this partnership keeps going long after lunch, then we could be in for a finish for the ages. Anyway, let's all just keep it together for now. Go get some tucker and Matt will be back in a bit

Here's Thomas: "Somehow, as a die-hard England fan who has followed them throughout this summer, you just know that this will end up with England 9 wickets down and Ben Stokes called upon to be the hero yet again... "

"If England repeat this session - 80 runs and a wicket taking them to 320 for 5 - by tea this nation will be at meltdown," reckons VJ

"That short first innings of England's has left them with plenty of time to win this Test," chuckles Grant Dexter

dezzer
udonmap.com

Post by dezzer » August 25, 2019, 10:33 pm

They think it's All Over...... It is now. Yesssssss.
You'll Never Walk Alone L.F.C.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » August 25, 2019, 10:45 pm

Woo hoo. I dislike Test Cricket but it is nice to think how many Aussie Burgers are going down the dunnie just now. Well done England a real fighting recovery to win what looked like a lost cause.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » August 25, 2019, 10:50 pm

showing your age dezz :lol:

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 26, 2019, 6:51 am

Ben Stokes MBE

...or maybe just a Christmas card from the Palace right now.

Return to “World Sports”