Cardinal George Pell

World news discussion forum
jackspratt
udonmap.com

Re: Cardinal George Pell

Post by jackspratt » August 23, 2019, 8:46 am

saint wrote:
August 23, 2019, 4:35 am

A civilised country that allows priests , childrens homes . catholic schools , ect to abuse children , and then does everything in its power to cover the mis doings up . Right Jack . =; =;
Not sure which country you are referring to, saint.

It can't be a country which has held a (mostly) public, 4 year long Royal Commission into exposing child abuse; changed laws to override the priests confessional; and prosecuted and jailed numerous clergy of all religions - including the 3rd most senior Catholic in the world. :-k

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » August 23, 2019, 12:36 pm

So are you telling me it didnt go on for decades ? Untill recently it was covered up for decades .

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » August 23, 2019, 12:58 pm

Are you referring to any country in particular?

USA
UK
Canada
Australia
NZ
Ireland
etc etc?

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » August 23, 2019, 1:01 pm

Depends Jack . Which one did you say was civilised ?

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » August 23, 2019, 1:18 pm

None of them has the death penalty except the USA - so take your pick.

All of them have had child abuse by the clergy, and historical cover-ups. But only one of them has gone through the processes I outlined earlier.

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » August 23, 2019, 3:34 pm

jackspratt wrote:
August 23, 2019, 1:18 pm

All of them have had child abuse by the clergy, and historical cover-ups. But only one of them has gone through the processes I outlined earlier.
Lets not forget the British history of abuse of children in Australia. A bloke called Dr Bernado's who bult large orphanage homes had and still does have a lot to answer for. As a young boy I was aware of these houses being a place to look after orphans and were proclaimed to be great places, but unknown at the time by the population was actually a façade for abuse, including physical, mental and sexual by Christian blokes, lot of people got of free. All in the name of Britain sending out their kids and populating their colonies.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » August 23, 2019, 10:08 pm

Raoul Duke wrote:
August 22, 2019, 8:11 pm
pipoz4444 wrote:
August 22, 2019, 7:12 pm
Hang the c...t and be done with it. As should be done to all his Priestly Mates, who haven't been caught yet.
Are you suggesting a public spectacle from a tree branch in Sturt street gardens?
It's doesn't matter how it is done, as long at it puts him six feet under, out of reach of other little boys.

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » August 23, 2019, 10:21 pm

jackspratt wrote:
August 22, 2019, 7:28 pm
Been a while since I have seen a good "hang 'em high" rant on the Map. :shock:

Fortunately, Australia being a civilised country, it is unlikely to happen. =D>
A Country can be "Civilized" and still have the Death Penalty. Certain Crimes warrant the death penalty.

I would suggest that if you were to put the issue of bringing back the Death Penalty for specific crimes, particularly those committed against Children and the Aged, to the people of Australia in the form of a referendum, you might be very surprised with the outcomed of that Vote.

pipoz44444

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » August 24, 2019, 5:55 am

Barney wrote:
August 23, 2019, 3:34 pm
jackspratt wrote:
August 23, 2019, 1:18 pm

Lets not forget the British history of abuse of children in Australia. A bloke called Dr Bernado's who bult large orphanage homes had and still does have a lot to answer for. As a young boy I was aware of these houses being a place to look after orphans and were proclaimed to be great places, but unknown at the time by the population was actually a façade for abuse, including physical, mental and sexual by Christian blokes, lot of people got of free. All in the name of Britain sending out their kids and populating their colonies.
Totally agree Barney .
But as stated these abuses took place in Australia !!!! Are you telling me and the world that it was only British citizens that were responsible for these abuses . Not Australians ?
Before you answer , lets not forget many of these children were adopted by Australian families , and many were just used as slave labour on the farm . What were the Australian government , police , teachers , ect , doing about it at the time , because many knew what was happening and just turned a blind eye . =;

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Post by marjamlew » August 24, 2019, 6:01 am

Great list of the civilised. I would hate for Australia to be on a list with these red neck wonderlands.
Attachments
_103835895_executions_by_country-nc.png
Watch Me!!

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » August 24, 2019, 6:07 am

Quite a few of those executed in these red neck wonderlands probably weren't even guilty of the offences charged.

As for Pell, a man I detest, I still have some doubts about whether he is guilty. I'm glad I wasn't on the jury. I note he had first rate legal representation so he hasn't been railroaded with an incompetent lawyer. I understand he has further rights of appeal.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Raoul Duke
udonmap.com

Post by Raoul Duke » August 24, 2019, 7:52 am

saint wrote:
August 24, 2019, 5:55 am
many of these children were adopted by Australian families , and many were just used as slave labour on the farm . What were the Australian government , police , teachers , ect , doing about it at the time , because many knew what was happening and just turned a blind eye . =;
They were following orders/blueprint from the heads of the colony.
Voiceover for hire.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » August 24, 2019, 10:49 am

At Pell's trail he had a team of QC's in a back room going over every word looking for any thing to possibly get him off, thankfully he was found guilty and the first appeal failed, with his resources and the legal expense that only the world's biggest corporation could afford I hope he dosen't find a loop hole and get off.

Raoul Duke
udonmap.com

Post by Raoul Duke » August 24, 2019, 7:20 pm

fatbob wrote:
August 24, 2019, 10:49 am
At Pell's trail he had a team of QC's in a back room going over every word looking for any thing to possibly get him off, thankfully he was found guilty and the first appeal failed, with his resources and the legal expense that only the world's biggest corporation could afford I hope he dosen't find a loop hole and get off.
Unlimited funds.
Voiceover for hire.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » August 25, 2019, 3:49 am

When I read the reported parts of Justice Weinburg's 203 page dissenting judgment, my concerns about the conviction increase.

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » August 25, 2019, 6:21 am

I actually dont care if he is guilty of this crime or not.

What is IS guilty of is decades of moving pedoplhile preists from one parish to another, keeping them ahead of the law and ruining the lives of thousands of kids.
He will never be tried for that.
F#!k him.
Hope the ***** dies in there.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » August 25, 2019, 10:36 pm

marjamlew wrote:
August 24, 2019, 6:01 am
Great list of the civilised. I would hate for Australia to be on a list with these red neck wonderlands.
You are being selective. Try adding countries like Taiwan, Japan, Vietnam, Thailand, Oman, Malaysia and yes certain States in the USA, who currently retain the Death Penalty. And by the way, Singapore is an one of the most civilized societies/countries in the World, as to is Vietnam. Try going there sometime.

The Death Penalty was introduced in part to deal with those elements/people of a society that had total disregard for the Rule of Law, in majority of cases, those who opted to commit pre-meditated and or extremely violet murder and or mass murder. Only an idiot would advocate that such people can be rehabilitated or kept in a comfortable lifestyle at the Taxpayer expenses.

It's only the hardened criminals, paedophiles, gangs such as MS 13, drug trafficer's and the soft c...cks of societies, that don't want to see the death penalty reinstated. You don't have to be a Redneck for advocating removing the first four of this group from societies.

Glad you were not sitting on the Bench during the Nuremberg and Tokyo Trials in 1946.

pipoz4444

Raoul Duke
udonmap.com

Post by Raoul Duke » August 26, 2019, 4:01 am

pipoz4444 wrote:
August 25, 2019, 10:36 pm
The Death Penalty was introduced in part to deal with those elements/people of a society that had total disregard for the Rule of Law, in majority of cases, those who opted to commit pre-meditated and or extremely violet murder and or mass murder. Only an idiot would advocate that such people can be rehabilitated or kept in a comfortable lifestyle at the Taxpayer expenses.
Ronald Ryan ?
Voiceover for hire.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » August 26, 2019, 9:28 am

By definition, a country which enables a legal process to put its population to death involuntarily cannot be considered civilised.

By the bye, a further definition of civilised is "polite and well mannered", and no doubt excludes use of terms such as "idiot" and "soft cock" when having a discussion. :-$

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » August 26, 2019, 1:51 pm

mickojak wrote:
August 25, 2019, 6:21 am
I actually dont care if he is guilty of this crime or not.

What is IS guilty of is decades of moving pedoplhile preists from one parish to another, keeping them ahead of the law and ruining the lives of thousands of kids.
He will never be tried for that.
Yes, it's a shame Pell and the others who enabled the perps to keep offending haven't been pinged for that. In a civilised manner.

Return to “World News”