U.S. Politics

Post Reply
Doodoo
udonmap.com
Posts: 1434
Joined: October 15, 2017, 8:47 pm

Re: U.S. Politics

Post by Doodoo » August 24, 2019, 5:23 pm

Has anyone heard if Mr T will get the Chinese companies out of the USA?
One company is Fuyao Glass in Dayton Ohio and another is GE Appliances along with AMC

After all Donny did say "We dont need the Chinese"



vlad
udonmap.com
Posts: 1654
Joined: July 23, 2008, 8:03 pm
Location: united kingdom.

Re: U.S. Politics

Post by vlad » August 24, 2019, 8:43 pm

He is now upsetting the French saying if France puts Tariffs on importing french wines to America her will put tariffs on American goods imported to France. Bully Boy Tactics soon most country's will turn on him.

User avatar
GT93
udonmap.com
Posts: 5349
Joined: June 5, 2009, 9:37 am
Location: ฃอยชอบ Auckland

Re: U.S. Politics

Post by GT93 » August 25, 2019, 4:19 am

Trump starts and finishes the week off his meds. What a goose.

User avatar
GT93
udonmap.com
Posts: 5349
Joined: June 5, 2009, 9:37 am
Location: ฃอยชอบ Auckland

Re: U.S. Politics

Post by GT93 » August 25, 2019, 4:22 am

newtovillagelife wrote:
August 24, 2019, 11:51 am
“Our great American companies are hereby ordered to immediately start looking for an alternative to China, including bringing your companies HOME and making your products in the USA.”

Is this statement coming from a socialist(communist) or capitalist???????
It's socialism on steroids when politicians are dictating how economic agents are to conduct their own affairs. There's a dumbarse commie in the White House. He's all over the place.

User avatar
Lone Star
udonmap.com
Posts: 5698
Joined: June 26, 2014, 11:52 pm

Re: U.S. Politics

Post by Lone Star » August 25, 2019, 6:07 am

.

Another shocking poll that shows a positive result for Trump.

Monmouth University poll shows that 59% of Americans are against impeaching Trump. That's actually LOWER than the percentage in Congress who want Trump impeached. Approximately 75% of Congress is against impeaching Trump.

Among Independents in the poll, the group that decides elections, the numbers were higher. 61% of Independents are against impeaching Trump.

I didn't look at the rest of the poll. It's not news when polls are negative for Trump, and I would bet money that it was also true in this poll.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

User avatar
Lone Star
udonmap.com
Posts: 5698
Joined: June 26, 2014, 11:52 pm

Re: U.S. Politics

Post by Lone Star » August 25, 2019, 6:13 am

.

Bill Maher, a die-hard LIB, is making a habit of attacking the Democrats running for POTUS.

On his show "Real Time," Maher professed a personal liking of Gramma Lizzie Warren, but admitted that her ideas are so far to the left that she'd be as successful as George McGovern was running for president -- landslide loss. Maher also echoed predictions of analysts that with Gramma Lizzie in the general election, the Democrats would lose at least 40 states.

Maher:
“Americans don’t think that the economy that works for them is called socialism."
There are many things with which I disagree with Maher, but he is being a realist when it comes to this election. He hates Trump, but he realizes that the 2020 election is shaping up to be a disaster for Democrats because of their weak candidates.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

User avatar
Lone Star
udonmap.com
Posts: 5698
Joined: June 26, 2014, 11:52 pm

Re: U.S. Politics

Post by Lone Star » August 25, 2019, 6:24 am

.

Word came out during the week that Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsberg has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and had undergone three weeks of treatment. This is her third or fourth bout with cancer in a different part of her body. The justice is 86 years old.

The LIBs are already hysterical over this news because it would give Trump a third nominee to the SCOTUS. More importantly, it would destroy the activist wing of the court and provide another "Originalist" who would interpret the law -- not legislate from the bench.

Originalists would have a 6-3 advantage that would stand for many, many years since these appointments are lifetime.

The gnashing of teeth and handwringing began with filmmaker Michael Moore, who called for everyone working nonstop up until the election. My question is "Work for what?" Cry and scream and kick your feet if Trump gets another nominee to the court? Republicans control the Senate. It only takes a majority vote. If there is another opening, it's a done deal (barring some unforeseen lies and accusations like with Kavanaugh) that Trump will get his nominee confirmed.

America is on the verge of shutting down the LIB workaround of using the courts to make laws.

I look forward to the continued confirmation of Originalist judges to the federal bench.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

User avatar
Lone Star
udonmap.com
Posts: 5698
Joined: June 26, 2014, 11:52 pm

Re: U.S. Politics

Post by Lone Star » August 25, 2019, 11:42 am

He is now upsetting the French saying if France puts Tariffs on importing french wines to America her will put tariffs on American goods imported to France. Bully Boy Tactics soon most country's will turn on him.
You're confused, and I'm not surprised due to your ever-burning fever to GET TRUMP.

The French want to place a 3% digital tax on annual revenue of companies that provide services to French consumers. The tax only applies to the largest of the tech companies, which are mostly based out of the US. For companies like Amazon, it results in double taxation because over half of Amazon sales go through partner companies.

The US has been trying to reach an agreement on digital taxation through the Group of 20 economic forum, but France decided to do this on their own outside of that group. France can do whatever they wish, but there will be consequences.

Trump didn't wake up one morning and decide to tax French wine. Trump's threat of tariffs on French wine would be a retaliation against France for this digital taxation action.
Trump is such a meanie -- just protecting US companies.

The French, like most of the phony allies, are upset that there's a POTUS not taking any crap.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

User avatar
newtovillagelife
udonmap.com
Posts: 1145
Joined: December 3, 2011, 10:14 am

Re: U.S. Politics

Post by newtovillagelife » August 25, 2019, 2:05 pm

Lone Star wrote:
August 25, 2019, 11:42 am
He is now upsetting the French saying if France puts Tariffs on importing french wines to America her will put tariffs on American goods imported to France. Bully Boy Tactics soon most country's will turn on him.
You're confused, and I'm not surprised due to your ever-burning fever to GET TRUMP.

The French want to place a 3% digital tax on annual revenue of companies that provide services to French consumers. The tax only applies to the largest of the tech companies, which are mostly based out of the US. For companies like Amazon, it results in double taxation because over half of Amazon sales go through partner companies.

The US has been trying to reach an agreement on digital taxation through the Group of 20 economic forum, but France decided to do this on their own outside of that group. France can do whatever they wish, but there will be consequences.

Trump didn't wake up one morning and decide to tax French wine. Trump's threat of tariffs on French wine would be a retaliation against France for this digital taxation action.
Trump is such a meanie -- just protecting US companies.

The French, like most of the phony allies, are upset that there's a POTUS not taking any crap.
Double taxation, really, pray tell LS.....how much tax did Amazon pay last year????? Sell your BS elsewhere.
Jesus, if Trump is upset, why doesn't he make sure Amazon pays tax in the US as well, instead of bitching like a SNOWFLAKE!!!!

User avatar
Lone Star
udonmap.com
Posts: 5698
Joined: June 26, 2014, 11:52 pm

Re: U.S. Politics

Post by Lone Star » August 25, 2019, 2:28 pm

newtovillagelife wrote:
August 25, 2019, 2:05 pm
Double taxation, really, pray tell LS.....how much tax did Amazon pay last year????? Sell your BS elsewhere.
Jesus, if Trump is upset, why doesn't he make sure Amazon pays tax in the US as well, instead of bitching like a SNOWFLAKE!!!!
1. Double taxation in Europe. You should probably do a bit of research into how US companies pay taxes when they operate in foreign countries.

2. I have no idea what Amazon paid in taxes. That has nothing to do with the digital tax from France and the other taxes they may have to pay in Europe (including France).

3. Amazon pays the tax they're legally required to pay. I'm sure that the IRS will tap them on the shoulder if they neglect to pay what they owe. Businesses and individuals have legal tax breaks. Taking advantage of those tax breaks isn't illegal or unethical.

Not much in your post has anything to do with the issue -- straw man argument. However, it's good to see you bitching about evil and greedy big businesses again, but I'm noticing that you're quite selective in when this phony outrage kicks in.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

User avatar
newtovillagelife
udonmap.com
Posts: 1145
Joined: December 3, 2011, 10:14 am

Re: U.S. Politics

Post by newtovillagelife » August 25, 2019, 2:36 pm

Lone Star wrote:
August 25, 2019, 2:28 pm
newtovillagelife wrote:
August 25, 2019, 2:05 pm
Double taxation, really, pray tell LS.....how much tax did Amazon pay last year????? Sell your BS elsewhere.
Jesus, if Trump is upset, why doesn't he make sure Amazon pays tax in the US as well, instead of bitching like a SNOWFLAKE!!!!
1. Double taxation in Europe. You should probably do a bit of research into how US companies pay taxes when they operate in foreign countries.

2. I have no idea what Amazon paid in taxes. That has nothing to do with the digital tax from France and the other taxes they may have to pay in Europe (including France).

3. Amazon pays the tax they're legally required to pay. I'm sure that the IRS will tap them on the shoulder if they neglect to pay what they owe. Businesses and individuals have legal tax breaks. Taking advantage of those tax breaks isn't illegal or unethical.

Not much in your post has anything to do with the issue -- straw man argument. However, it's good to see you bitching about evil and greedy big businesses again, but I'm noticing that you're quite selective in when this phony outrage kicks in.
The point is, Dick Tracy, Amazon paid no tax. US companies operating overseas, have to deal with taxes. Otherwise they can take their business elsewhere.

User avatar
Lone Star
udonmap.com
Posts: 5698
Joined: June 26, 2014, 11:52 pm

Re: U.S. Politics

Post by Lone Star » August 25, 2019, 2:40 pm

newtovillagelife wrote:
August 25, 2019, 2:36 pm
The point is, Dick Tracy, Amazon paid no tax. US companies operating overseas, have to deal with taxes. Otherwise they can take their business elsewhere.
That's YOUR point. That's not why vladdie was upset, and your point has nothing to with my clarification of it all for sad vladdie. You're trying to win an argument that isn't being made -- straw man.

The "otherwise" part of it is that Trump will counter the tax that the companies and Trump believe is unfair with a tax of their own.

Have a good evening, ntvl.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

User avatar
newtovillagelife
udonmap.com
Posts: 1145
Joined: December 3, 2011, 10:14 am

Re: U.S. Politics

Post by newtovillagelife » August 25, 2019, 2:42 pm

Lone Star wrote:
August 25, 2019, 2:40 pm
newtovillagelife wrote:
August 25, 2019, 2:36 pm
The point is, Dick Tracy, Amazon paid no tax. US companies operating overseas, have to deal with taxes. Otherwise they can take their business elsewhere.
That's YOUR point. That's not why vladdie was upset, and your point has nothing to with my clarification of it all for sad vladdie. You're trying to win an argument that isn't being made -- straw man.

The "otherwise" part of it is that Trump will counter the tax that the companies and Trump believe is unfair with a tax of their own.

Have a good evening, ntvl.

I see it as none of his business, period.

User avatar
Lone Star
udonmap.com
Posts: 5698
Joined: June 26, 2014, 11:52 pm

Re: U.S. Politics

Post by Lone Star » August 25, 2019, 2:50 pm

I see it as none of his business, period.
You're entitled to your opinion; but it is America's business and that is part of Trump's job.

It's quite easy to see that you just want another reason to hate Trump. Knock yourself out.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

User avatar
newtovillagelife
udonmap.com
Posts: 1145
Joined: December 3, 2011, 10:14 am

Re: U.S. Politics

Post by newtovillagelife » August 25, 2019, 2:51 pm

Lone Star wrote:
August 25, 2019, 2:50 pm
I see it as none of his business, period.
You're entitled to your opinion; but it is America's business and that is part of Trump's job.

It's quite easy to see that you just want another reason to hate Trump. Knock yourself out.
I’ve listened to him bash many American companies, is that his job. Quit with your bias rhetoric.

User avatar
Lone Star
udonmap.com
Posts: 5698
Joined: June 26, 2014, 11:52 pm

Re: U.S. Politics

Post by Lone Star » August 25, 2019, 3:08 pm

newtovillagelife wrote: I’ve listened to him bash many American companies, is that his job. Quit with your bias rhetoric.
Strawman.

As a matter of fact, Trump is helping these companies that he doesn't agree with their business practices. Trump has set aside his personal dislike to help Amazon, Google and Facebook and other companies involved.

You're off base and misinformed on this issue.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

User avatar
newtovillagelife
udonmap.com
Posts: 1145
Joined: December 3, 2011, 10:14 am

Re: U.S. Politics

Post by newtovillagelife » August 25, 2019, 3:25 pm

Lone Star wrote:
August 25, 2019, 3:08 pm
newtovillagelife wrote: I’ve listened to him bash many American companies, is that his job. Quit with your bias rhetoric.
Strawman.

As a matter of fact, Trump is helping these companies that he doesn't agree with their business practices. Trump has set aside his personal dislike to help Amazon, Google and Facebook and other companies involved.

You're off base and misinformed on this issue.
I can list many more companies that he has not helped, but instead, egged on to fail.

User avatar
Lone Star
udonmap.com
Posts: 5698
Joined: June 26, 2014, 11:52 pm

Re: U.S. Politics

Post by Lone Star » August 25, 2019, 3:43 pm

newtovillagelife wrote:
August 25, 2019, 3:25 pm
I can list many more companies that he has not helped, but instead, egged on to fail.
Another straw man.

But since you're making the claim, name 'em.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

User avatar
newtovillagelife
udonmap.com
Posts: 1145
Joined: December 3, 2011, 10:14 am

Re: U.S. Politics

Post by newtovillagelife » August 25, 2019, 3:51 pm

CNN, Boeing, Harley Davison, Amazon, CBS, Washington Post, Ford, Nordstrom, GM, NFL, New York Times, Merck......and the list goes on.

Let’s just say any company that disagrees with him publicly, will be quickly bashed from his Twitter account.
Last edited by newtovillagelife on August 25, 2019, 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 3814
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: down two... then left

Re: U.S. Politics

Post by tamada » August 25, 2019, 3:53 pm

Lone Star wrote:
August 25, 2019, 3:08 pm
newtovillagelife wrote: I’ve listened to him bash many American companies, is that his job. Quit with your bias rhetoric.
Strawman.

As a matter of fact, Trump is helping these companies that he doesn't agree with their business practices. Trump has set aside his personal dislike to help Amazon, Google and Facebook and other companies involved.

You're off base and misinformed on this issue.
And Ford? He's got a raging hard-on for Ford. Even goes as far as to suggest that Henry T is spinning like a top in his grave.

Post Reply

Return to “U.S. Politics”