Dual-pricing for foreigners now legal at Thai public hospitals

Looking for advise on hospitals, dentists and other health issues? Ask here.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Re: Dual-pricing for foreigners now legal at Thai public hospitals

Post by jackspratt » September 3, 2019, 9:17 am

For me, this system is far preferable to the introduction of some form of compulsory health insurance. =D>

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » September 3, 2019, 9:24 am

If true and the price list would indicate it is, then I cannot see the logic in the 4 differing price schedules. A businessman who pays Thai taxes etc. is in the highest payment bracket? Who in business in Thailand does not have private medical insurance. It looks as if the resident expat retiree's are getting shafted again. Maybe the private hospital Hi So owners feel they are losing out retiree's money to the public hospitals and have complained to their ex military friend. This one is another of those 'out of the blue' ruling's that have been bubbling away secretly for some time.

phen
udonmap.com

Post by phen » September 3, 2019, 9:50 am

Don't worry they will do it the thai way.
Prices double and then ask for insurance to get visa.
What you think will happen to there prices?
I still believe they love us too much.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » September 3, 2019, 9:55 am

jackspratt wrote:
September 3, 2019, 9:17 am
For me, this system is far preferable to the introduction of some form of compulsory health insurance. =D>
Do you only think about youself..Do you think the Immi.look at this as a way for some farangs not having the much talked about CHI?

I understand as you stated "for me",but for all the others farangs living here..fair..i think not..but that's me.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » September 3, 2019, 2:06 pm

I'd not expect the Thai government to subsidize the health care of expats anymore than I'd expect Texas to subsidize the college education of a visiting student.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » September 3, 2019, 3:41 pm

parrot wrote:
September 3, 2019, 2:06 pm
I'd not expect the Thai government to subsidize the health care of expats anymore than I'd expect Texas to subsidize the college education of a visiting student.
Correct me if i'm wrong here..But doesn't Farangs married to State offical here get FREE Goverment Health Care,or atleast does NOT pay anything more then his Thai wife will have to pay..is that fare?Or does it mean that they put a end to this now?

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » September 3, 2019, 3:49 pm

DuiDui49 wrote:
September 3, 2019, 3:41 pm
parrot wrote:
Correct me if i'm wrong here..But doesn't Farangs married to State offical here get FREE Goverment Health Care,or atleast does NOT pay anything more then his Thai wife will have to pay..is that fare?Or does it mean that they put a end to this now?
You'd have to read the multiple pages of announcement to determine that. I'd guess the percentage of foreigners married to state officials is a very small percentage of the 'falangs' in Thailand. Maybe a fraction of a percentage.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » September 3, 2019, 3:51 pm

DuiDui49 wrote:
September 3, 2019, 9:55 am
jackspratt wrote:
September 3, 2019, 9:17 am
Do you only think about youself..Do you think the Immi.look at this as a way for some farangs not having the much talked about CHI?

I understand as you stated "for me",but for all the others farangs living here..fair..i think not..but that's me.
jack didn't create this situation. He's only thankful that it fits into his personal plan. Nothing wrong with that.

You criticize jack for being thankful that what is happening benefits him, and then you complain that it's not good for you. I guess it's okay for YOU to think about YOURSELF.

I agree with jack, and I agree with parrot.

Since I use private hospitals, it really doesn't apply to me; but if it did, I'd treat it like I treat the currency exchange rate: do the best I can, and life goes on.

There's a risk moving to a country where one is a guest and where laws can change overnight. That's how it goes. We can only plan the best we can and realize that there may always be something around the corner that will bust up our plans. Again, that's how it goes.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » September 3, 2019, 3:52 pm

parrot wrote:
Completely agree.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » September 3, 2019, 4:21 pm

Mark,you're married to a Goverment official (police)so even if you choose to use the private Hospitals..can you answer my question,i think you sholud know but maybe i'm wrong ..

And yes,it may only be a very very small procent,whatever a small procent is ;-)..but still.

I just don't like injustise..but that's me..And what about those people who signed,years ago to get healthcare at Udon Goverment Hospital..are they in or out now?

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » September 3, 2019, 4:30 pm

DuiDui49 wrote:
September 3, 2019, 4:21 pm
Mark,you're married to a Goverment official (police)so even if you choose to use the private Hospitals..can you answer my question,i think you sholud know but maybe i'm wrong ..

And yes,it may only be a very very small procent,whatever a small procent is ;-)..but still.

I just don't like injustise..but that's me..And what about those people who signed,years ago to get healthcare at Udon Goverment Hospital..are they in or out now?
I have no idea about my price/cost status at a government hospital. Went to a government hospital once without exercising privileged status. Went in as just a foreigner to check out the situation with a non-emergency issue. I do know that the privilege for me still exists, but that's all I know.

Injustice is being deprived of something that is a right. I'm not aware that government health care in Thailand for a foreigner -- at the same price of a Thai national or any other way -- is a right. If it's a privilege, it can be taken away -- just like a drivers license or a retirement/marriage visa or freedom of movement within the Kingdom or being charged a different price to enter a national park.

I think you need to evaluate your own situation and make a decision.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » September 3, 2019, 4:40 pm

????Can you maybe be kind enough to you mean by that,thank you.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » September 3, 2019, 4:47 pm

DuiDui49 wrote:
September 3, 2019, 4:40 pm
There's nothing between the lines.

I evaluate my own situation with each passing regulation change, fluctuation in global markets, available income, cash to stock ratio, daily/weekly purchases, health concerns and any other issue that arises in the Land of Smiles.

These ongoing evaluations are what I do, and I would expect that everyone does the same for anything that concerns them.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » September 3, 2019, 5:34 pm

Lone Star wrote:
September 3, 2019, 4:47 pm
DuiDui49 wrote:

I evaluate my own situation with each passing regulation change, fluctuation in global markets, available income, cash to stock ratio, daily/weekly purchases, health concerns and any other issue that arises in the Land of Smiles.

These ongoing evaluations are what I do, and I would expect that everyone does the same for anything that concerns them.
Thank you Mark for taking time to clarifye for me what you meant...And belive me i DO..but as you know and i know,things are not that clearcut here in LOS..as you say..adapt.
Have a good afternoon Mr.Mark :-)

TJ
udonmap.com

Post by TJ » September 3, 2019, 6:32 pm

While I interpret this to be a state ruling instituting a practice of price fixing, it seems a bit vague to me. Does it mean that public hospitals MUST charge varying fees as described or that they MAY choose to charge so at their discretion? And are all hospitals "public hospitals" or are some private and not subject to this state price fixing guide? Might it be expected to affect private practices, clinics and other?

As I have on occasion used the dental services at a public hospital and may again, should I assume that the same price fixing policy will be applied for hospital dental services?

Can any of you clarify the situation?

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » September 3, 2019, 8:05 pm

From what I have read, it sets maximum prices that can be charged by public (state) hospitals ie private hospitals like AEK and Bangkok are still free to charge like wounded bulls. And the public hospital can charge less than the maximum.

There is also a line of thought that the 100% uplift will only apply to tourists, and those on O visas. Long term stayers on extensions and other types of visas (teachers etc) will be charged 50% more than Thais.

I suspect there is a bit of clarification yet to come out.

thaiguzzi
udonmap.com

Post by thaiguzzi » September 3, 2019, 9:23 pm

Lone Star wrote:
September 3, 2019, 4:47 pm
DuiDui49 wrote:

What about Ladyboy Surprises?
54354237_272838660303079_642009303647413-1.jpg

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » September 4, 2019, 7:13 am

jackspratt wrote:
September 3, 2019, 8:05 pm
From what I have read, it sets maximum prices that can be charged by public (state) hospitals ie private hospitals like AEK and Bangkok are still free to charge like wounded bulls. And the public hospital can charge less than the maximum.

There is also a line of thought that the 100% uplift will only apply to tourists, and those on O visas. Long term stayers on extensions and other types of visas (teachers etc) will be charged 50% more than Thais.

I suspect there is a bit of clarification yet to come out.
Morning all..!!

And that clarification will be clear as mud,i guess..;-)....Have a good day all...:-)

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 4, 2019, 10:07 am

It means that those that married the ping-pong starlet at Caligula or the one with the biggest tits didn't do due diligence and instead of trawling the 'chrome pole palaces' of yore and settling for Miss Right Now, they should have been chatting up teachers, immigration ladies, other lady cops and seeking Miss Right (with a guaranteed state pension).

Return to “Health & Beauty”