Dual-pricing for foreigners now legal at Thai public hospitals

Looking for advise on hospitals, dentists and other health issues? Ask here.
saint
udonmap.com

Re: Dual-pricing for foreigners now legal at Thai public hospitals

Post by saint » September 4, 2019, 2:16 pm

I didnt marry either , so i guess ive dipped out all round .
Although from what ive observed government employees do get some nice benefits , but that goes hand in hand with the pressure of keeping up with their peer group , or lose a lot of face . That cannot be cheap.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » September 4, 2019, 2:20 pm

so does anybody have an accurate translation of the government document linked from the Coconuts article?? I asked an acquaintance to review it and he said he sees no 4 tier pricing just a listing of prices for Thais and prices for Farang.. Also has anyone seen any Thai news articles in the English media referencing this change???
Dave

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » September 4, 2019, 2:24 pm

I put it through Google Translate, and it came out pretty readable - better I thought than a lot of other translations I have seen via that method.

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » September 4, 2019, 5:14 pm

By why just hospitals,we could have farang gasoline pumps at 50b a litre,electricity meters at 10a unit,FAT (farang added tax) at all check outs and payment centres,zero interest bank accounts.even Thai airways who are going down the pan could start dual pricing.
I best stop there before someone in the government think tank reads this.
They just can't think of enough ways to squeeze the last buck out of us especially when the baht has gone through the roof.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » September 5, 2019, 7:37 am

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » September 5, 2019, 7:46 am

Marco , Government think tank , Thats funny .
Anyways it is , what it is , all the bleating in the world will not change anything , so why waste your time .
Interesting to see it was a Dutchman who started the whole thing ,By guess what , yep , bleating .

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » September 5, 2019, 9:50 am

Just wondering.......

Anyone on here or other forums bleating about this. Do they also bleat about those nasty brown people coming to the UK and availing themselves of the UKs NHS when they havent "contributed to the system all their lives". Double standards??

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 5, 2019, 12:54 pm

Marcosteffano wrote:
September 4, 2019, 5:14 pm
By why just hospitals,we could have farang gasoline pumps at 50b a litre,electricity meters at 10a unit,FAT (farang added tax) at all check outs and payment centres,zero interest bank accounts.even Thai airways who are going down the pan could start dual pricing.
They just can't think of enough ways to squeeze the last buck out of us especially when the baht has gone through the roof.
Why don't you go home?

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » September 5, 2019, 1:05 pm

tamada wrote:
September 5, 2019, 12:54 pm
Marcosteffano wrote:
Why don't you go home?
He has . I know . i dont understand it either .

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » September 5, 2019, 5:39 pm

tamada wrote:
Marcosteffano wrote:
Why don't you go home?
my home is in Thailand thanks.im just enjoying my holiday here in the uk.yes I should not 'bleat' as I will renew my insurance for when I come back.its purely the principle of over charging people on the colour of their skin which in any civilised country would be racial discrimination.

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » September 5, 2019, 6:00 pm

So tamata-saint,you seem to be ok paying a lot more for services than the next man.when the government came up with this policy they must of had you 2 in mind.i thought all the mugs might of left Thailand by now but it looks like there's still a few about.
When someone overcharges me and especially based on my colour I tend to take it personally and feel I have the right to bleat about it or given the choice not accept the goods or services.

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » September 6, 2019, 4:18 am

Marco , i would love to take credit for this but as previously stated , i think you will find it was a Dutchman who started the whole thing by crying about his cancer treatment .
As for me , i havent seen a doctor for over 25 years , so on reflection ive saved a fortune .
Not bad for a mug , ah . But when i need medical assistance , i certainly will not worry about paying my fair share , but thanks for your concern , although like your advice , its not needed .

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » September 6, 2019, 6:35 am

Marcosteffano wrote:
September 5, 2019, 5:39 pm
tamada wrote:
Marcosteffano wrote:
Why don't you go home?
my home is in Thailand thanks.im just enjoying my holiday here in the uk.yes I should not 'bleat' as I will renew my insurance for when I come back.its purely the principle of over charging people on the colour of their skin which in any civilised country would be racial discrimination.
[/

What a stupid statement, Caucasian foreigners are only a small percentage in Thailand. The world does not revolve around White people, especially not here.

TJ
udonmap.com

Post by TJ » September 6, 2019, 7:26 am

This premise of overcharging because of color strikes me as non-logical and nonsense. They are overcharging or high-pricing because those overcharged ARE Not Thai citizens. Am I wrong?

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » September 6, 2019, 7:40 am

TJ wrote:
September 6, 2019, 7:26 am
This premise of overcharging because of color strikes me as non-logical and nonsense. They are overcharging or high-pricing because those overcharged ARE Not Thai citizens. Am I wrong?
Kinda what I just said.

JimboPSM
udonmap.com

Post by JimboPSM » September 6, 2019, 1:55 pm

What goes around comes around.

It was not all that many years ago that Thai citizens were actually charged higher prices to stay at (some) hotels in Thailand.

Back in those days it was not uncommon to find (on internet booking forms for hotels in Thailand) a box to tick confirming that you were not a Thai citizen for the hotel internet prices to apply.

While what happened in the recent past in Thailand may be out of context regarding “dual-pricing” in the relatively narrow field of what is happening in "Thai public hospitals" today, it is in context for the much wider historical perspective of “dual pricing” discussions regarding Thailand and the rest of the world.

Ashamed to be English since 23rd June 2016 when England voted for racism & economic suicide.

Disgusted that the UK is “governed” by a squalid bunch of economically illiterate, self-serving, sleazy and corrupt neo-fascists.

eagle
udonmap.com

Post by eagle » September 6, 2019, 8:43 pm

I just wonder…

An European coming to Thailand using visa of any kind. He must pay medical cost and sometimes have a medical insurance, not always.

A Thai going to Europe using a visa of any kind. He must always have medical insurance to cover medical costs.

So...?

An European coming to Thailand and after got residence permit. He must pay medical cost, but with lower price as Thai people do.

A Thai going to Europe and have residence permit. He has to pay medical costs, no insurance and cost is same as locals pay.

So...?

Key word is resident (or visitor using only visa). Resident can get cheaper medical coverage, someone using visa or extension of visa not. Same rule applies in Europe and in Thailand.

Why we say that in Thailand it is not good, when in Europe it is good?

I live in Thailand and my address is in Thailand. If I go to my home country, I have to pay exact the same fee as any Thai pays. Social security and prices based on that are only for people who are resident in that country. My nationality is based on that country, but nationality does not matter, because it has to be resident, not citizen.

I would like to see how many of us claiming this system to be unfair are really resident of Thailand. With visa extension we are only visitors and we should not have same rights, because our own home countries do not give those to visitors either.

Our home countries have dual pricing and will have in the future also. Most of us just do not see that, because we are citizens there.

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » September 7, 2019, 1:15 am

saint wrote:
September 6, 2019, 4:18 am
Marco , i would love to take credit for this but as previously stated , i think you will find it was a Dutchman who started the whole thing by crying about his cancer treatment .
As for me , i havent seen a doctor for over 25 years , so on reflection ive saved a fortune .
Not bad for a mug , ah . But when i need medical assistance , i certainly will not worry about paying my fair share , but thanks for your concern , although like your advice , its not needed .
Oh and what advice was that may I ask?...as for illness it can be like a bus.nothing for ages and then 3 or more come along at once.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » September 7, 2019, 6:17 am

eagle wrote:
September 6, 2019, 8:43 pm
I just wonder…

An European coming to Thailand using visa of any kind. He must pay medical cost and sometimes have a medical insurance, not always.

A Thai going to Europe using a visa of any kind. He must always have medical insurance to cover medical costs.

So...?

An European coming to Thailand and after got residence permit. He must pay medical cost, but with lower price as Thai people do.

A Thai going to Europe and have residence permit. He has to pay medical costs, no insurance and cost is same as locals pay.

So...?

Key word is resident (or visitor using only visa). Resident can get cheaper medical coverage, someone using visa or extension of visa not. Same rule applies in Europe and in Thailand.

Why we say that in Thailand it is not good, when in Europe it is good?

I live in Thailand and my address is in Thailand. If I go to my home country, I have to pay exact the same fee as any Thai pays. Social security and prices based on that are only for people who are resident in that country. My nationality is based on that country, but nationality does not matter, because it has to be resident, not citizen.

I would like to see how many of us claiming this system to be unfair are really resident of Thailand. With visa extension we are only visitors and we should not have same rights, because our own home countries do not give those to visitors either.

Our home countries have dual pricing and will have in the future also. Most of us just do not see that, because we are citizens there.
Excellent Analysis!
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 7, 2019, 7:41 am

Marcosteffano wrote:
September 5, 2019, 6:00 pm
So tamata-saint,you seem to be ok paying a lot more for services than the next man.when the government came up with this policy they must of had you 2 in mind.i thought all the mugs might of left Thailand by now but it looks like there's still a few about.
When someone overcharges me and especially based on my colour I tend to take it personally and feel I have the right to bleat about it or given the choice not accept the goods or services.
Since I obviously don't do national parks nearly as much as all the bleaters do nor do I cadge around for cheap medical treatment when deep in my heart and maybe only in an emergency, I know I am not really entitled to any of it, then my exposure to this over-hyped 'racist' dual-pricing malarkey is reduced to the very, very infrequent 'farang price' gouge by a local merchant. In these extremely isolated cases, the last one being so long ago and so insignificant I can't even recall when it happened, I avoid bleating to him/her (and then posting with the ritual white-man's righteous indignation on forums) and simply chose "not accept the goods or services." No drama.

The way I see it, the only mug here is still on holiday in the UK. Hurry back, your gene pool in Thailand needs you.

Meanwhile, while you're over there, try being a darkie for a day and get back to us about racism.

Return to “Health & Beauty”