U.S. Politics

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Re: U.S. Politics

Post by Lone Star » September 6, 2019, 4:41 am

Huge majority of Americans support Trump vs the Chinese Communists

Harvard/Harris Poll finds that two-thirds of Americans -- 66%+ -- describe Trump's efforts vs China as "necessary." Their views on this fight included their willingness to take an economic downturn to win this war.

Almost 70% of Independent voters -- those who decide national elections -- agreed that confronting China is necessary. Even HALF of Democrats polled agreed.

The most impressive numbers came in the urgency department. Eighty percent (80%) believe that the trade issue with China needs to be fixed NOW. Independents polled at 82% on this issue.

The Coalition for a Prosperous America (CPA) reflects that trying to trade with China freely and fairly has resulted in a one-way street. Since China was allowed to enter the WTO and not live up to promises, the US has lost nearly 5 million manufacturing jobs and 50,000 manufacturing facilities. With those losses have included a 600% increase in trade deficits.

The CPA believes that if the US places a 25% tariff on all Chinese Communist imports, more than a million jobs would be recovered.

AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » September 6, 2019, 5:06 am

All you have presented is a WISH LIST nothing to prove that jobs are on their way to the USA
Oh, so you've moved on from your nonsense claim about my never having posted regarding other trading partners filling the void left by China. You have succeeded in making a fool of yourself again. Make it about something else now.

Your plan not to read my posts was working better for you. Less chance of emotionally self-inflicted backfires.

What you quoted from me was not intended to be proof that jobs are on their way to the US. It was presented as proof that I supported other trading partners helping the US isolate China.

How many times are you going to smack yourself in the forehead with that rake? It's maybe once a week now.

So ignorant and lacking in sufficient knowledge to articulate anything at an intellectual level. One day you're a troll. The next day you're trying to masquerade as a sincere poster offended at my recognizing your idiocy and foolish self-inflicted backfires. Clutch your pearls and be outraged at yourself for not having the intellectual capability to engage in mature discussions and learn lessons. Dunning-Kruger Effect.

And here you are getting ready to be smacked in the head again. You must be some kind of masochist.

Ready? Here it comes.

Every single one of those countries listed in my quote are already trading with the US. Nothing prevents them from purchasing more from the US -- just like nothing prevented China from buying more US soybeans. There was no formal trade document involved between the US and China to buy soybeans, but it can happen without a piece of paper.

The only "wish" involved with any of those trading partners involved a better formal and binding deal than already exists.

More and better trade with them helps to isolate China. That improves the US economy and strengthens Main Street. And guess what? That creates jobs in the US.

And guess what else? Ready?

Emotionally invested that you are, you even quoted me on that:
. . . all efforts to improve the US trade position and strengthen Main Street.
The level of stupidity has to be extremely steep for someone to be so inept as to provide a quote that defeats their own nonsense claim. AGAIN. How many times have you done that?????

You'll never earn any respect like this unless it's from other idiots like yourself -- trolls who pretend to be sincere when it's convenient. There are 3 or 4 who regularly keep you company here.

I know. You don't care.

Now, go look for some more headlines to cut and paste. Or you can always just quote me.

doodoo doodoo 2.jpg

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » September 6, 2019, 5:09 am

Data
- Record 157 million Americans are working
- Lowest unemployment rate on Labor Day since 1969
- 3.7% unemployment
- 7.3 million job openings
- 99% of Americans got a bigger raise (Source: WSJ)
- Wage growth at or above three percent for 12 straight months
- “Job Switchers See Best Wage Gains Since 2007” (Source: Bloomberg)
- Set or matched record low unemployment for veterans and Asian Americans, Hispanics, and the disabled
- Trump administration introduces apprenticeship program
- U.S manufacturers pledge to train 1.2 million workers amid skilled labor shortage
- Labor has taken 25 “deregulation actions”
- $304 million in back wages recovered in fiscal year 2018

Doesn't look like recession to me.

STEADY DAMN WINNING.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » September 6, 2019, 6:27 am

"Since China was allowed to enter the WTO and not live up to promises, the US has lost nearly 5 million manufacturing jobs and 50,000 manufacturing facilities. With those losses have included a 600% increase in trade deficits.
The CPA believes that if the US places a 25% tariff on all Chinese Communist imports, more than a million jobs would be recovered."

"the US lost" they certainly did not lose them they Gave them away. All in the interest of $$$ They being the US manufacturer closed the plants, The US companies laid off the US worker, the Chinese had NOTHING to do with it.

"more than a million jobs would be recovered " and go where??? Not to the US for sure. Maybe a fraction but the rest will remain overseas utilizing cheap labor. Why, because the USA machine needs cheap labor so they can have their way of life

"25% tariff" or 25% TAX which the American Public will pay for and are paying for.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » September 6, 2019, 8:21 am

Do they not believe in their own Leader??

"With the retirement announcements of Reps. Bill Flores, R-Texas, and Jim Sensenbrenner, R-Wis., 15 House Republicans have said they will step aside before next year's elections. The departures show the limits of serving in the House minority, but also raise questions about the sway of President Donald Trump's own reelection effort alongside down-ballot candidates."

Steady Sliding

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » September 6, 2019, 8:47 pm

Udon Map wrote:
September 5, 2019, 3:55 pm
Bloomberg: U.S. Manufacturing Gauge Contracts for First Time in Three Years
The data add to concern a broader U.S. recession is coming and may complicate the re-election chances of President Donald Trump, whose pledges to revive manufacturing have been a signature issue. At the same time, Trump’s escalating tariffs on imports from China have been a major reason behind factory weakness that threatens to spread to consumer spending, which accounts for about two-thirds of the world’s largest economy.
Unemployment:
General Motors Co. has ceased production this year at a car plant in Ohio and transmission factory in Michigan, two of the four U.S. sites that it has said aren’t being allocated future product.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... hree-years
But on the other hand....

NYTimes: U.S. Added 130,000 Jobs in August; Unemployment Rate at 3.7 Percent

● The figures show that the economy continues to add jobs despite the trade war and a global slowdown.

● The unemployment rate was 3.7 percent and remains unchanged. That is close to a 50-year low and a reflection of how strong the labor market has been recently.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/06/busi ... 69ing-news

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » September 6, 2019, 11:06 pm

Perhaps we should be focusing on the data from Michigan, Wisconsin, Florida and Pennsylvania.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » September 7, 2019, 6:33 am

Smacked in the head again by his own doing -- failure to read and keep up -- AGAIN.
Doodoo wrote:"the US lost" they certainly did not lose them they Gave them away. All in the interest of $$$ They being the US manufacturer closed the plants, The US companies laid off the US worker, the Chinese had NOTHING to do with it.
You're quoting the CPA, not me.

You haven't been paying attention to my posts regarding Wall Street and globalism and the effect on Main Street, but that's probably because you say you don't bother to read my posts. You keep looking for an opening that isn't there. Unfortunately for you, your emotional investment and lack of attention smacks you every time. It's by your own doing.

My views on Wall Street vs Main Street are well-documented throughout this thread. Wall Street has had different goals than Main Street. It's as different as globalism vs "America First"; and I've outlined it often in this thread. Go educate yourself -- or not. After all, you don't care.
"more than a million jobs would be recovered " and go where??? Not to the US for sure. Maybe a fraction but the rest will remain overseas utilizing cheap labor. Why, because the USA machine needs cheap labor so they can have their way of life

"25% tariff" or 25% TAX which the American Public will pay for and are paying for.
You're quoting the CPA again, not me.

However, none of the real-time data supports your opinions and claims. None of it.

And here comes another smack in the head.

Doodoo wrote: . . . one needs that dirty word Data to back it up, which is continually absent . . .
So where's your data, genius?

One thing I have noticed for quite some time is that there are more words from MY posts in your posts than words of your own. A very telling testament to your inability to articulate on a sincere intellectual level with knowledge of the issue. It hasn't been my imagination. Your own posts reflect it. If that insults you, change your behavior.

Try to keep up. You won't experience as many backfires and embarrassing moments. But I know. You don't care.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » September 7, 2019, 6:41 am

As I have explained before -- and even two of the usual suspects have recently correctly recognized (one recognized it by mistake) -- Wall Street has been selling-out Main Street to China -- UNTIL TRUMP started preserving Main Street.

Tech entrepreneur Jim Phillips of Nanomech believes that technology advancements are creating a window of five years where more is going to be in vented before 2025 than in the history of mankind. For this reason, Phillips believes that the US has allowed itself to be vulnerable to the worldwide technology war. Phillips emphasized the cyberwarfare with China.

Jim Phillips:
“We have competitors [and] adversaries like China and Russia, and they are dying to get into the lead. China has said they want to take over America. Right now, they’re growing three times faster than we are. Before long, their GDP will be greater than ours, and people can’t even fathom what that means [for the future]. To that extent, we have to protect our intellectual property. People don’t realize … 60 to 65 percent of the GDP valuation is based on intellectual property. We’re having it stolen, just non-stop. You hear about it in the news, but you don’t hear a lot about how to prevent it.

“In one of my companies, for instance, I walk in, [the] FBI’s all over, and they say, ‘You’re the second most-hit firewall in the United States by China. I didn’t even know it, and they said, ‘By the way, we’re going to have problems even protecting you. You’re going to have to go into logbooks to protect your science and your technology.”
Phillips believes that the CCP employs thousands of hackers to steal what they can't create on their own. The FBI confirmed it to Phillips.

Jim Phillips:
“It’s $600 billion to a trillion dollars a year we’re losing as a country. The companies that are suffering the most are not these huge companies that have incredible firewalls and [security] systems, but they’re the ones that create 90 percent of jobs in America: small companies. And these companies don’t necessarily have the funds to create these triple-firewalls and things like that to stop all this IP from being taken.”
Phillips says that America innovates and China steals. Phillips uses the example of US inventions in solar power technology that China has stolen and then financed with billions of Central Planning funds to take over the solar industry. Another example used by Phillips involved the US invention of electric automobiles and lithium-ion technology. Even though the US invented it, US consumers are buying the result of the stolen technology from China. It doesn't end there. China patents the US inventions before the US inventors can secure their patents.

American companies are being consumed through venture capital and/or takeovers through stock and/or boards of directors. Phillips estimates that over 60% of venture capitals are owned by Russia, China and Saudi Arabia.

Wall Street allows it because they are globalists and put their profits and multinational investments before Main Street.

In the last week, I have run into more and more articles and information that this logjam between China and the US is the new "Cold War." Trade is really secondary considering the national security issues that China poses for the US, which helps explain why Trump has not backed down. Apparently, the vast majority of Americans see it based on the latest Harvard Harris Poll on US-China Trade.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » September 7, 2019, 7:03 am

Backfire!

China recently retaliated against the US tariffs by adding tariffs on all US automobiles -- including those manufactured in China.

Since the tariff announcement by China, there has been an increase in US auto sales in China. US auto sales in China have increased by 9%. Even US cars produced in Mexico saw a huge jump. Sales of US brands INSIDE China (joint venture manufacturers) fell by only 3%, but only fell in cities that are considered most antagonistic to the US.

The Chinese Communist economists explain this phenomenon is due to the free advertising that the tariff announcement gave to US auto brands.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » September 7, 2019, 7:05 am

Disabled Americans are also finding it easier to integrate into the MAGAnomics workforce. Reuters reports that the disabled are winning dream jobs under Trump's policies and programs.

Workforce data collected by the Kessler Foundation and the University of New Hampshire have revealed that Americans with both physical and mental disabilities are joining the workforce more quickly than those without disabilities. The last two years have been especially impressive for the disabled to land jobs in many different fields.

July's participation rate of disabled Americans increased 6.5% year-over-year. Those without disabilities increased in the same period only 0.3%.

Part of this increase is due to Trump's efforts to halt illegal and legal immigration that often works for less and drives down US wages.

STILL STEADY DAMN WINNING.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » September 7, 2019, 7:15 am

EMPLOYMENT 2019 vs 2018
2019 VS 2018
Year to date, job growth has averaged 158,000 per
month, down from 223,000 per month in
2018. DOWN 65,000 or 29%

Manufacturing
So far this year, employment
in the industry has changed by an average
+6,000 per month, compared to gains
averaging +22,000 per month in 2018. DOWN 16,000 jobs or 72%

https://www.bls.gov/web/empsit/ceshighlights.pdf

Not looking too good so far Unless those supposed jobs come over from China pretty quick 2019 is looking dismal for employment as compaed to 2018

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » September 7, 2019, 7:26 am

Do they not believe in their own Leader??

. . . retirement announcements of Reps. Bill Flores, R-Texas, and Jim Sensenbrenner,
. . .
Steady Sliding
Another smack in the head on its way.

Ready? Here it comes.

From the same Associated Press article:
. . . "Retirements in safe Republican seats like these have no impact on battleground seats," said Bob Salera, a spokesman for the National Republican Congressional Committee.
. . .
House Republicans have imposed term-limit rules on most committee chairmen, denying the traditional opportunity to build up influence and seniority with the gavel.
. . .
Sensenbrenner, 76, a former Judiciary Committee chairman, has been in office 40 years.
. . .
Flores, who once led the conservative Republican Study Committee, has served five terms and said he'd always committed to serving fewer than six.
It's so easy to use innuendo to try to make it about Trump because any GET TRUMP clown will readily believe it.

Truth smacks someone in the head yet AGAIN.

Truth Sting.jpg

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » September 7, 2019, 7:52 am

There are two data sets that have gone under-reported. Probably because they are good news and show the underlying strength of the US economy.

While nonfarm payroll numbers were at 130,000 for August, the Small Business Household Survey (look it up) is higher with 590,000 new jobs in August. The average for the three previous months in the Small Business Household Survey has been 373,000.

The other data set is from the Civilian Labor Force report (look it up). Civilian Labor Force numbers up 571,000. The average has been 425,000 over the last three months. These are Americans coming back into the labor force.

Over the same last three months, American workers' wages have increased 4.2%.

All of this with 3.7% unemployment and a million more jobs than workers available.

STEADY DAMN WINNING.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » September 7, 2019, 8:08 am

READ The headline of the posting it has squat to do where the vacant seat is or how long they have served(which is up for another posting). Stick to the subject if you care to comment, instead of going off on one of your 3 page rants with color by number pictures
Not one word about their Leader. Maybe they have had enough with "The Mouth that the only time he opens his mouth is to change feet (Alabama ya , right)"

"Do they not believe in their own Leader??" or are they also tired of his rants and color by number hurricane maps, Air Force One or was it two, pictures etc

I can hardly wait for the history books to be read by say 8th graders in the future regarding presidents and what they will be remembered for
Washington Founder of our Country
Grant Civil War era for the North
Ted Roosevelt Leader of Troops up San Juan Hill
Roosevelt/Truman leaders during WW2
Nixon oh ya we wont talk about him
Bush which one there were 2 of them
Trump oh the Hair Guy

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » September 7, 2019, 9:06 am

The orange skin and his short fingers might also get a mention.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » September 7, 2019, 9:14 am

Doodoo wrote:
September 7, 2019, 8:08 am
READ The headline of the posting it has squat to do where the vacant seat is or how long they have served(which is up for another posting). Stick to the subject if you care to comment, instead of going off on one of your 3 page rants with color by number pictures
Not one word about their Leader. Maybe they have had enough with "The Mouth that the only time he opens his mouth is to change feet (Alabama ya , right)"

"Do they not believe in their own Leader??" or are they also tired of his rants and color by number hurricane maps, Air Force One or was it two, pictures etc

I can hardly wait for the history books to be read by say 8th graders in the future regarding presidents and what they will be remembered for
Washington Founder of our Country
Grant Civil War era for the North
Ted Roosevelt Leader of Troops up San Juan Hill
Roosevelt/Truman leaders during WW2
Nixon oh ya we wont talk about him
Bush which one there were 2 of them
Trump oh the Hair Guy
You're forgetting Obama, the black one, BUT surprisingly the one with the most class, intelligence and eloquence.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » September 7, 2019, 9:31 am

Also overlooking Johnson who was notorious for asking in bathrooms: “Have you ever seen anything as big as this?”. He was proud of his jumbo. Not too classy.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » September 7, 2019, 3:09 pm

"He's losing his s---': Trump's advisers are increasingly worried about his mental state following days of erratic behavior"

Too many Big Macs

Domat
udonmap.com

Post by Domat » September 7, 2019, 8:04 pm

LONDON (Reuters) - U.S. Defense Secretary Mark Esper said that European nations should consider funding projects in their countries after the Pentagon diverted money to pay for a border wall with Mexico.

The Pentagon said on Wednesday it would pull funding from 127 Defense Department projects abroad and at home, including schools and daycare centers for military families, as it diverts $3.6 billion to pay for President Donald Trump’s wall along the U.S. border.
Trump has made immigration a signature issue of his presidency. He declared a national emergency over the issue earlier this year in an effort to redirect funding from Congress to build a wall along the U.S. southern border, which he originally said would be paid for by Mexico.“The message that I’ve been carrying, since when I was acting secretary to today, has been about the increase in burden sharing,” Esper told reporters in London late on Thursday.
“So part of the message will be ‘Look, if you’re really concerned then maybe you should look to cover those projects for us’ because that’s going to build infrastructure in many cases in their countries,” he added.
“Part of the message is burden sharing, ‘Maybe pick up that tab.’”
Some of the projects affected are in Europe, like $21.6 million for port operation facilities in Spain and $59 million for munitions storage in Slovakia.
The defunded projects also include schools for the children of military personnel in Germany and the United Kingdom.
The fund diversion has been heavily criticized by U.S. lawmakers, who say it puts national security at risk and circumvents Congress.
Esper will meet his British and French counterparts in the coming days.
The Trump administration has repeatedly called on NATO countries to pay at least 2 percent of their gross domestic product for defense.The Pentagon has been increasing its attention toward Europe in recent years, concerned about a resurgent Russia.
Earlier this week Vice President Mike Pence said allies should “remain vigilant” about Moscow’s election meddling and work toward independence from Russian energy supplies.
Reporting by Idrees Ali; Editing by Chris Sanders, Mary Milliken and Dan Grebler

Mexico nope
US nope
Now Europe get the bill
:shock: :lol: ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Return to “U.S. Politics”