U-TAPAO buses

General Udon Thani topics only!
dragonz
udonmap.com

U-TAPAO buses

Post by dragonz » October 4, 2019, 4:27 am

Hi , i will be going to ban laem pim beach soon which is about 27kms passed ban phe . Last time i got a bus from ebkamai bus station to ban phe then a taxi to the beach for 500 baht .
This time i will be landing in utapao at 3.30pm . I read lots about their new bus service , one of which goes to trat stopping at ban phe but after 2 hours of searching find lots of reports on the new buses cannot find a timetable except it says goes 4 times a day and no route map ?
Seems a bit stupid to advertise new buses without telling you the time they leave . Perhaps there are minibuses to ban phe or as i have wife and 2 boys just pay 2000 baht for a taxi . Was wondering if anyone has used or knows about this new bus service .
cheers

lassebasse
udonmap.com

Re: U-TAPAO buses

Post by lassebasse » October 4, 2019, 2:34 pm

When you exit the arrival hall you will see a couple of stalls offering transport. Of course it is Pattaya firsthand but I am sure you you can find transport to Rayong.

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » October 4, 2019, 5:41 pm

cheers . without a bus timetable or route i would have to catch a bus to rayong , then to ban phe then taxi the last 27kms . With 2 small boys i just ordered a taxi from the resort for 1,500 baht . only 85kms but takes about 90 mins but a lot easier. I know there is a bus from utapao to trat and chatnabhuri that goes through ban phe but customer services at utapao does not know what time it leaves and as i land at 3.20pm might not be a bus . Utapao international airport run by yokels . Everything is about pattaya .

leehut
udonmap.com

Post by leehut » October 5, 2019, 5:02 am

I went to Ko Samet last month. There wasn't an apparent easy way to get to the airport for the 15.50 flight to Udon. I booked a taxi in the end for 1000 baht, which was originally advertised for 1500 in the window of an agent near the pier.. There are a lot of new roads and infastructure in and around the airport, but at the moment, there are not many flights or passengers using it.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 5, 2019, 10:05 am

dragonz wrote:
October 4, 2019, 5:41 pm
cheers . without a bus timetable or route i would have to catch a bus to rayong , then to ban phe then taxi the last 27kms . With 2 small boys i just ordered a taxi from the resort for 1,500 baht . only 85kms but takes about 90 mins but a lot easier. I know there is a bus from utapao to trat and chatnabhuri that goes through ban phe but customer services at utapao does not know what time it leaves and as i land at 3.20pm might not be a bus . Utapao international airport run by yokels . Everything is about pattaya.
Good deal on the resort taxi BTW. That's a decent price IMHO and just about par for the course since you're heading in the opposite direction.

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » October 5, 2019, 1:01 pm

tamada wrote:
October 5, 2019, 10:05 am
dragonz wrote:
cheers . without a bus timetable or route i would have to catch a bus to rayong , then to ban phe then taxi the last 27kms . With 2 small boys i just ordered a taxi from the resort for 1,500 baht . only 85kms but takes about 90 mins but a lot easier. I know there is a bus from utapao to trat and chatnabhuri that goes through ban phe but customer services at utapao does not know what time it leaves and as i land at 3.20pm might not be a bus . Utapao international airport run by yokels . Everything is about pattaya.
Good deal on the resort taxi BTW. That's a decent price IMHO and just about par for the course since you're heading in the opposite direction.
FROM UTAPAO AIRPORT
Three bus routes linking U-tapao International Airport with three eastern provinces were introduced in May 2018 to serve passengers These bus routes run from the airport to Trat, Rayong and Chonburi. The routes are operated by private transport firms using air-conditioned buses with GPS tracking systems.
The service to Trat includes Chanthaburi on one of its stops, while the Chon Buri route also stops in Pattaya and Sri Racha town centre.
The buses being used are microbuses, seating a maximum of 19 passengers. Route 1 takes arriving passengers from U-Tapao to Trat and Koh Chang island, covering the distance of 220 km in just over three hours and making a stop at Chanthaburi bus station.
The second route, which is the shortest, goes through nearby Ban Chang to Rayong Bus Terminal covering 35 km in about half an hour.
The third route, which is 100 km long and will take around one and a half hours, goes to Chonburi bus station. This bus makes stops in nearby Sattahip, Pattaya and Si Racha.
FOUR BUSES WILL RUN EACH ROUTE DAILY

Was not asking for signage as you well know just asking them to show a route map and the time the buses leave. The price does not concern me but being in a car or minibus with a thai driver does. Last time i got a minibus from rayong he scared me so much i got out half way and waited for 4 hours for a big bus.

i phoned a customer services number at utapao and they could not tell me what time the bus went and also the phone number for the bus company did not work.

Again i do not understand why you said its a good price as i am going in the opposite direction. If a taxi from the airport took me he would come back empty in the wrong direction? All taxis take you in 1 direction and when i come home he will also be going back empty in the wrong direction.

moalboal

Post by moalboal » October 6, 2019, 10:36 am

dragonz wrote:
tamada wrote:
dragonz wrote:
FROM UTAPAO AIRPORT
Three bus routes linking U-tapao International Airport with three eastern provinces were introduced in May 2018 to serve passengers These bus routes run from the airport to Trat, Rayong and Chonburi. The routes are operated by private transport firms using air-conditioned..."
I traveled from Kuala Lumpur to U Tapao airport last March to do a bicycle tour to Chantaburi/Trat. It seems I read the same articles as you about these buses, but upon my arrival no one at the airport knew of them. Likewise, when planning to return to the airport from Chantaburi, I could find no information. It seems the service did not materialize.

Sent from my MI PAD 4 using Tapatalk

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » October 6, 2019, 7:04 pm

Gentlemen, I have removed some posts and edited others. This thread is about U-Tapao buses. Let's be civil and helpful, shall we?

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » October 7, 2019, 10:44 am

moalboal wrote:
October 6, 2019, 10:36 am
dragonz wrote:
tamada wrote:
dragonz wrote:
FROM UTAPAO AIRPORT
Three bus routes linking U-tapao International Airport with three eastern provinces were introduced in May 2018 to serve passengers These bus routes run from the airport to Trat, Rayong and Chonburi. The routes are operated by private transport firms using air-conditioned..."
I traveled from Kuala Lumpur to U Tapao airport last March to do a bicycle tour to Chantaburi/Trat. It seems I read the same articles as you about these buses, but upon my arrival no one at the airport knew of them. Likewise, when planning to return to the airport from Chantaburi, I could find no information. It seems the service did not materialize.

Sent from my MI PAD 4 using Tapatalk
I think your probably right they never started as i can find no info on them except the big show they made when they were supposed to start . was in a lot of newspapers , tv etc
busre.JPG

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”