Is it time to say bye Thailand?

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
Doodoo
udonmap.com

Re: Is it time to say bye Thailand?

Post by Doodoo » October 21, 2019, 4:50 pm

What are you talking about and who are you addressing?

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » October 21, 2019, 8:11 pm

kopkei wrote:
October 21, 2019, 4:44 pm
do not forget to mention Cambodia concerned , 35 usd visa costs/month , and more corrupt than LOS.... ;)
Actually the guys I spoke with over there, all told me they get a 12 month multiple entry visa for USD 260, with no hassles and no need to prove any TB 800,000 or similar in the Bank. Plus they all said it was very easy to renew \:D/ \:D/

Regards

pipoz444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » October 21, 2019, 8:32 pm

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
October 21, 2019, 2:12 am
Glad you enjoyed Phnom Penh. I stayed away from the night life but I noticed many touts around the river including girls and ladyboys for hire, and gamblers who are not shy from approaching you. I ate at Khmer places as I was not interested in western food. What is the quality of hospitals like in the Cambodian capital?[album][/album] I found the people as friendly as they are in Thailand, Laos and Burma.

Apparently, my photos are too large for the attachments
Hi Laan Yaa Mo,

There is any easy way to resize your photos on the computer. The software you can down load for free and then take 6MB Photos down to 400Kb in a 10 seconds.

Actually in the PP nightlife area, I didn't get hassled or approached by any ladyboy's and or gamblers. Didn't come across any beggars either. OK a few kids running around trying to sell flowers and chewing gum.

I just found the place a very pleasant change from Pattaya and much less business like. =D> =D> More like Pattaya was, back in 2000 to 2005. This was just my experience and impression. It was also the impression of my friend who came with me and he is a Bangkok / Pattaya veteran of some 25 years, and well versed in all aspects of the Nightlife.

That's not to say that Others may not read it differently or have a different experience in PP

pipoz444

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » October 22, 2019, 8:29 am

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » October 22, 2019, 9:24 am

I had a friend who made the move to Cambodia. He was living in the Sihanoukville area. When I asked him about his visa, he went on a tirade about how corrupt Cambodia was. He didn't know much about his visa other than he paid some guy to take care of it for him.

If it were me, I'd be careful with the long term work or employment visa. What would happen when the government wanted to see your employment and tax records?

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » October 22, 2019, 4:31 pm

glalt wrote:
October 22, 2019, 9:24 am
I had a friend who made the move to Cambodia. He was living in the Sihanoukville area. When I asked him about his visa, he went on a tirade about how corrupt Cambodia was. He didn't know much about his visa other than he paid some guy to take care of it for him.

If it were me, I'd be careful with the long term work or employment visa. What would happen when the government wanted to see your employment and tax records?
Agree, you need to be a lot smarter smarter than that (paying someone else and believing them in Asia) and do your homework from reliable sources, on what are the available Visa types and what they cost.

I found the best way is to follow a friend through the process, as I did for my Thai Non Imm O-A. Just have to be lucky enough to know someone, who goes through that Visa process, one or two months before you. \:D/

pipoz4444

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » October 22, 2019, 6:10 pm

I had thought that with all the new Thai immigration rules, the visa agents would be out of business. Apparently they are still in business and I know guys who still use them. I would guess that Cambodia has similar immigration corruption.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » October 23, 2019, 2:30 am

Cambodia now has a straight forward retirement visa, up to a year. No reporting or income requirements. From my reading it is easy to get if 55+.

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » October 23, 2019, 11:37 am

Just some observations:

• With the ฿ vs the $ barely holding above 30 and as I expect it to continue down, below 30 before the end of year.

• The problems with immigration requirements.

• Looking at this sites Classifieds it’s getting harder & harder to sell Houses/Cars/Trucks/Bikes/Stuff without taking a Big hit.

Seems to me like a mass exit from Thailand is Now happening! and will only grow after the 1st of year, as
immigration requirements sink in and take its toll.

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » October 23, 2019, 12:42 pm

I guessed Thailand had had its day last year but I was Scoffed at. Figures don't lie and we are seeing more and more house for sales being advertised. The tourism sector is in decline with most resorts admitting there 30 0r more percent down with little chance of recovery. Hotel company's have admitted they are still building new ones realising they do not have the tourists to fill them. Even here in Udon the realists must have seen the decline in visitors. TAT did not listen or take up any advice and now they are crying and moaning about the fall of Tourism. The greed and Scams have now caught up with them.

anefarious1
udonmap.com

Post by anefarious1 » October 23, 2019, 12:50 pm

RLTrader wrote:
October 23, 2019, 11:37 am
Just some observations:

• With the ฿ vs the $ barely holding above 30 and as I expect it to continue down, below 30 before the end of year.

• The problems with immigration requirements.

• Looking at this sites Classifieds it’s getting harder & harder to sell Houses/Cars/Trucks/Bikes/Stuff without taking a Big hit.

Seems to me like a mass exit from Thailand is Now happening! and will only grow after the 1st of year, as
immigration requirements sink in and take its toll.
Agree 100% but it is actually worse than you are stating on the currency front as (until very recently) the USD has held up better than nearly all other Western currencies. But yeah many factors are converging on us farangs and they are all bad.

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » October 23, 2019, 2:34 pm

Yes i believe what you say anyfariouse anyone thinking you are wanted here or respected here in Thailand your in the little bubble you have worked so hard for. The one's with healthy pensions will be ok but your Bog Standard farang is struggling now and has to think hard to remain, Some have had to return to there country's with dreams shattered. Who is going yo fill the new Hotels on Soi Saipan ??. Even on the week ends its Dead. Once UD town and the night Market have fed them where do you think they go ??. I use the plane scale TAT use to use " Not Worry another plane full will be in Soon " Well sorry even there not full anymore.

yartims
udonmap.com

Post by yartims » October 23, 2019, 4:55 pm

maybe time to look at south america .chile and venezuala and mexico !many mercan retirees in mexico

the 99bahts to the pound of 97 are a distant memeory
the only good Tory is a lavatory

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » October 23, 2019, 7:01 pm

yartims wrote:maybe time to look at south america .chile and venezuala and mexico !many mercan retirees in mexico

the 99bahts to the pound of 97 are a distant memeory
Venezuela,
Good call. Might be a bit crowded though with the thousands of people flocking there at this current moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » October 23, 2019, 7:06 pm

Equador for alot of Expats

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » October 23, 2019, 7:10 pm

Barney wrote:
October 23, 2019, 7:01 pm
yartims wrote:maybe time to look at south america .chile and venezuala and mexico !many mercan retirees in mexico the 99bahts to the pound of 97 are a distant memeory
Venezuela,
Good call. Might be a bit crowded though with the thousands of people flocking there at this current moment. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Excellent point, Barney. Izzix might have added the cost of living in Venezuela is attractive for ex-pats as well. Stable government, stable currency, stable political situation, stable society, what is there not to like about Venezuela?
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » October 23, 2019, 7:12 pm

Doodoo wrote:
October 23, 2019, 7:06 pm
Equador for alot of Expats
The problem with this suggestion is that it is difficult to find Equador on the map.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » October 23, 2019, 7:46 pm

If your not going there why are you even looking

Raoul Duke
udonmap.com

Post by Raoul Duke » October 23, 2019, 8:17 pm

vlad wrote:
October 23, 2019, 12:42 pm
I guessed Thailand had had its day last year but I was Scoffed at. Figures don't lie and we are seeing more and more house for sales being advertised. The tourism sector is in decline with most resorts admitting there 30 0r more percent down with little chance of recovery. Hotel company's have admitted they are still building new ones realising they do not have the tourists to fill them. Even here in Udon the realists must have seen the decline in visitors. TAT did not listen or take up any advice and now they are crying and moaning about the fall of Tourism. The greed and Scams have now caught up with them.
Who knows what to believe.
same as it ever was to my eye.
Meanwhile the Isan people go on living their lives as normal.
I don't see them panicked or worried about the current situation.
Voiceover for hire.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » October 23, 2019, 10:18 pm

Doodoo wrote:
October 23, 2019, 7:46 pm
If your not going there why are you even looking
I am not sure who you are addressing, but if it is me, going where? You originally named a country that does exist on this planet. I know we all make grammatical mistakes; nevertheless, it is 'you're' not 'your'.

Return to “Travel & Transport”