The Land of Snowflakes

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
dragonz
udonmap.com

Re: The Land of Snowflakes

Post by dragonz » October 31, 2019, 4:31 pm

Udon Map wrote:
October 31, 2019, 10:07 am
dragonz wrote:
October 30, 2019, 5:14 pm
I have change my mind on many things in politics . I liked clinton and hated trump but i am now the opposite as it is clear and evident which one is the crook and which one is the better leader for the usa.
We can have an intelligent, reasonable conversation about which one is a better leader for the U.S. and disagree on that, but make no mistake. They're both arrogant crooks.
Arrogance is a good thing in any top leader , or sportsman . Crook ? So far all i can see are crooks in the us political system . Lobbying makes sure of that .Should be banned . probably not an honest politician in the us or uk system and definitely not in the EU pig trough so please let me know where you can find a pure white uncorrupted non crook to be president . Not clinton or biden thats for sure .
Easy to slag leaders off without giving an answer or remedy to the problem . Who would you suggest ?

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » October 31, 2019, 6:21 pm

I don't understand how anyone can put "leader" and "Trump" in the same sentence. A leader unites, or at the very least, attempts to unite the people. Leaders don't lie, manipulate, degrade their subordinates in public, nor do they always take credit for success and place blame on others for failures. What we have going on now is a comedy show, but this show is affecting people's lives. There is absolutely no stability in our current Government, and who should be blamed for that? The "leader" of course. The terms "winning" and "snowflake" are used by grade school kids, not adults. But considering who we have in the White House I suppose it's appropriate.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » October 31, 2019, 6:47 pm

dragonz wrote:
October 31, 2019, 4:31 pm
Udon Map wrote:
dragonz wrote:
I have change my mind on many things in politics . I liked clinton and hated trump but i am now the opposite as it is clear and evident which one is the crook and which one is the better leader for the usa.
We can have an intelligent, reasonable conversation about which one is a better leader for the U.S. and disagree on that, but make no mistake. They're both arrogant crooks.
Arrogance is a good thing in any top leader , or sportsman . Crook ? So far all i can see are crooks in the us political system . Lobbying makes sure of that .Should be banned . probably not an honest politician in the us or uk system and definitely not in the EU pig trough so please let me know where you can find a pure white uncorrupted non crook to be president . Not clinton or biden thats for sure.

Easy to slag leaders off without giving an answer or remedy to the problem . Who would you suggest ?
Romney isn't a crook. And not arrogant, either.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » October 31, 2019, 7:18 pm

Kenr6583 wrote:
October 31, 2019, 6:21 pm
I don't understand how anyone can put "leader" and "Trump" in the same sentence. A leader unites, or at the very least, attempts to unite the people. Leaders don't lie, manipulate, degrade their subordinates in public, nor do they always take credit for success and place blame on others for failures. What we have going on now is a comedy show, but this show is affecting people's lives. There is absolutely no stability in our current Government, and who should be blamed for that? The "leader" of course. The terms "winning" and "snowflake" are used by grade school kids, not adults. But considering who we have in the White House I suppose it's appropriate.
There is a much bigger issue than Trump. He never won the Presidency, elections are typically lost, not won.

The issue is that so many Americans are totally fed up with the major political machines that they turned to somebody that defies all of the norms. They turned on the Democratic and Republican parties as they thought they would identified with somebody that proclaimed himself as an outsider. Now they have him, they are loath to admit his incapacity, they will back him through hell and back as they hate the alternative of the 'same old same old'.

If Trump ultimately is impeached, he will become a folk hero like Argentina's Peron, they want to believe and that fact transcends everything. Republicans will stand behind him on idealistic grounds, he has stacked the courts, rolled back hated policies and delivered what the Alt-Right want. I doubt if they will even consider evidence, they will vote to preserve their political conviction.

The Dems on the other hand are leaderless, not a single credible/popular candidate. If you thought Trump's first term was crazy, look out term two, it will be a doozey.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » October 31, 2019, 8:11 pm

Udon Map wrote:
October 31, 2019, 6:47 pm
dragonz wrote:
October 31, 2019, 4:31 pm
Udon Map wrote:
dragonz wrote:
Arrogance is a good thing in any top leader , or sportsman . Crook ? So far all i can see are crooks in the us political system . Lobbying makes sure of that .Should be banned . probably not an honest politician in the us or uk system and definitely not in the EU pig trough so please let me know where you can find a pure white uncorrupted non crook to be president . Not clinton or biden thats for sure.

Romney isn't a crook. And not arrogant, either.
I stand by what i say / all politicians in usa are corrupt just by the manner of the way the lobbying system works . mitt romney

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/p ... al-183291/

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » November 1, 2019, 8:51 am

Whistler wrote:
October 31, 2019, 7:18 pm
Kenr6583 wrote:
October 31, 2019, 6:21 pm
There is a much bigger issue than Trump. He never won the Presidency, elections are typically lost, not won.

The issue is that so many Americans are totally fed up with the major political machines that they turned to somebody that defies all of the norms. They turned on the Democratic and Republican parties as they thought they would identified with somebody that proclaimed himself as an outsider. Now they have him, they are loath to admit his incapacity, they will back him through hell and back as they hate the alternative of the 'same old same old'.

If Trump ultimately is impeached, he will become a folk hero like Argentina's Peron, they want to believe and that fact transcends everything. Republicans will stand behind him on idealistic grounds, he has stacked the courts, rolled back hated policies and delivered what the Alt-Right want. I doubt if they will even consider evidence, they will vote to preserve their political conviction.

The Dems on the other hand are leaderless, not a single credible/popular candidate. If you thought Trump's first term was crazy, look out term two, it will be a doozey.
I agree with what are saying. Neither the Democrats nor the Republicans have anyone worth mentioning. And my biggest fear is when he is reelected what he is going to do to dismantle social security and my retirement under FERS. I have less than 2 years left until I can retire at 56, and if gets his second term, he is going to destroy the Federal Retirement System because he wants to eliminate the supplement. The problem is that the other two branches of government doesn't have the guts to tell him no and put him in check. The Senate is filled with enablers. Hell, they are having TSA confiscate our cell phones, American citizens mind you, and they are cloning them prior to you boarding a domestic flight. They are being sued over this but when is the BS going to end? But if it is a dictatorship that this country wants, so be it. When it's all said and done with we will be no better than any other SE Asian country when it comes to freedom and the middle class as we know it will no longer exist. I'm sick of the hate speaches and the fear of what is going to happen one day to the next. I am now living in a country of cults and factions and cannot wait to get out of here. I truly don't feel we are even a Democracy any longer.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » November 1, 2019, 9:28 am

Kenr6583 wrote:
November 1, 2019, 8:51 am
Hell, they are having TSA confiscate our cell phones, American citizens mind you, and they are cloning them prior to you boarding a domestic flight.
Huh? Can you point me to a link about this?

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » November 1, 2019, 10:19 am

I'll look for one. Personally happened on a trip back from Alaska in June.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » November 1, 2019, 10:30 am

Can you give me a quick guide on how to paste a link here? Or you can Google TSA searching cell phones. ACLU is suing them.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » November 1, 2019, 10:54 am

Is this what they are talking about and the TSA?
https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/airpl ... ts-n856046

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » November 1, 2019, 11:05 am

Doodoo wrote:
November 1, 2019, 10:54 am
Is this what they are talking about and the TSA?
https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/airpl ... ts-n856046
Yes sir, that is one of several. Happened to us on a trip back from Alaska to Houston. Before boarding out of Anchorage, took my friends and his father in laws phone and came back 5 minutes later with the phones. They contacted ACLU when they got back.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » November 1, 2019, 11:11 am

Becomng more and more of a Police State in the US

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » November 1, 2019, 11:14 am

Doodoo wrote:
November 1, 2019, 11:11 am
Becomng more and more of a Police State in the US
Yes it is. And I appreciate you taking care of that link for me. I think I figured it out.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » November 1, 2019, 12:53 pm

Not a problem for the link
Sooner or later, if it already hasnt started to happen implants will take place to monitor movements, spending habits, access to accounts etc all via a small implant.
Then once this happens you will be a ward of the state. You can forget independence, democracy and so on

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » November 1, 2019, 1:43 pm

I am gobsmacked. Outside of totalitarian countries, I thought this would never been even vaguely possible. Without reasonable cause, citizens can be detained and searched, as i said gobsmacked.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » November 1, 2019, 1:44 pm

duplicated post

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 1, 2019, 4:26 pm

I see that POTUS (Pumpkinface of the United States) has decided that having got Russia/Ukraine/China etc etc involved in US Elections, It's about time US got involved in British politics by sticking his oar in [-X

Yet another major backfire according to UK news channels as they are saying that with his UK popularity (said to be 21%) they think it will cost BOJO/Farange votes being linked to Trump.

He then followed up by saying there could not be any trade deal with BOJO's current Brexit deal, which many suspected anyway as it was very unlikely that America would agree to raise its food standards to a level anywhere near those of UK and Europe [-(

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 1, 2019, 6:17 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
November 1, 2019, 4:26 pm
I see that POTUS (Pumpkinface of the United States) has decided that having got Russia/Ukraine/China etc etc involved in US Elections, It's about time US got involved in British politics by sticking his oar in [-X

Yet another major backfire according to UK news channels as they are saying that with his UK popularity (said to be 21%) they think it will cost BOJO/Farange votes being linked to Trump.

He then followed up by saying there could not be any trade deal with BOJO's current Brexit deal, which many suspected anyway as it was very unlikely that America would agree to raise its food standards to a level anywhere near those of UK and Europe [-(
Nigel doesn't see it that way at all. In his (live right now) keynote speech, he has already invoked all the recent Trumpisms about the UK elections couched in the terms of warm conversations with "My American friend..."

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » November 1, 2019, 6:45 pm

Whistler wrote:
November 1, 2019, 1:43 pm
I am gobsmacked. Outside of totalitarian countries, I thought this would never been even vaguely possible. Without reasonable cause, citizens can be detained and searched, as i said gobsmacked.
"Home of the Brave" yes. "Land of the Free", not so much.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 1, 2019, 10:21 pm

Kenr6583 wrote:
November 1, 2019, 6:45 pm
Whistler wrote:
November 1, 2019, 1:43 pm
"Home of the Brave" yes. "Land of the Free", not so much.
Hey! Bosnia's not all that bad.

Return to “Open Forum”