U.S. Politics

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Re: U.S. Politics

Post by Stantheman » November 20, 2019, 6:25 am

Just to clarity Kenr6583, Clinton WAS impeached, but not convicted by Senate.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » November 20, 2019, 6:37 am

Stantheman wrote:
November 20, 2019, 6:25 am
Just to clarity Kenr6583, Clinton WAS impeached, but not convicted by Senate.
Yes I am well aware of that. I was just reiterating that he deserved being impeached and if not for just voting party lines and for voting on the charge itself, not for the hummer he received in the Oval Office, he should have been convicted in the Senate.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » November 21, 2019, 6:12 am

It seems to me as if the FBI should start a criminal investigation into Pompeo's handling of this Ukraine mess. Hopefully on this one there's nothing in the American constitution that prohibits a bit of justice riding into town.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » November 21, 2019, 6:26 am

GT93 wrote:
November 21, 2019, 6:12 am
It seems to me as if the FBI should start a criminal investigation into Pompeo's handling of this Ukraine mess. Hopefully on this one there's nothing in the American constitution that prohibits a bit of justice riding into town.
Should add Rudy G to that list....

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 21, 2019, 10:36 am

GT93 wrote:
November 21, 2019, 6:12 am
Better be quick about it then...

Mike Pompeo planning to resign because Trump ‘hurting his reputation’, report claims

White House scrambles to deny secretary of state’s imminent departure amid suggestions he is leaving for Senate run

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 10191.html

Bit too late Mike... you threw career diplomat Marie Yovanovitch under the bus. You're already tainted goods.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 21, 2019, 10:44 am

"Rats leaving sinking ship" springs to mind :-k

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » November 21, 2019, 12:44 pm

This whole administrations blatant lies have finally caught up to them. Unfortunately after this is all said and done, it's going to be a wash and the POTUS will be vindicated in the Senate. But ALL those individuals in this administration who have enabled and attempted to validate his every action will go down as THE most corrupt class of individuals ever associated with a President. There is no doubt that there is/have been some sort of corruption in every administration since the beginning of time, but this crap that has been going on for almost 3 years now is way over the top, and because of this President's ego and inability to be truthful concerning the simplest of things, he has helped expose, not willingly mind you, and bring down a number of people, those who are now serving time in prison for their own unlawful actions, and has helped ruin the reputation, if these people even had a good reputation to begin with, of a number of people. But anybody who willingly supports and defends an individual with the character of the current POTUS is complicit and I have no pity for however the future judges them. This guy is a cancer to anyone who willingly associates with him.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » November 21, 2019, 12:52 pm

I think vindicated was the wrong word to use. I should have used "will be cleared of any wrong doing because the current Republicans in the Senate don't have the balls to follow the Constitution". Better.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 21, 2019, 1:32 pm

Is it any wonder that "corrupt" BOJO is so desperate to do business with Trump's administration [-X

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 21, 2019, 7:05 pm

Kenr6583 wrote:
November 21, 2019, 12:44 pm
This whole administrations blatant lies have finally caught up to them. Unfortunately after this is all said and done, it's going to be a wash and the POTUS will be vindicated in the Senate. But ALL those individuals in this administration who have enabled and attempted to validate his every action will go down as THE most corrupt class of individuals ever associated with a President. There is no doubt that there is/have been some sort of corruption in every administration since the beginning of time, but this crap that has been going on for almost 3 years now is way over the top, and because of this President's ego and inability to be truthful concerning the simplest of things, he has helped expose, not willingly mind you, and bring down a number of people, those who are now serving time in prison for their own unlawful actions, and has helped ruin the reputation, if these people even had a good reputation to begin with, of a number of people. But anybody who willingly supports and defends an individual with the character of the current POTUS is complicit and I have no pity for however the future judges them. This guy is a cancer to anyone who willingly associates with him.
Your comment that there's been "some sort of corruption in every administration since the beginning of time" is well founded. I caught the movie 'Fair game' the other night that led my to check what happened to the 'bad guys' after they got caught outing a serving CIA covert officer just to discredit her husband who had shot a galaxy sized hole through the administrations Iraq WMD claim. Scooter Libby (Dick Cheney's right-hand man) was indicted on 5 federal charges, found guilty on 4 and sentenced to a paltry 30 months (the going rate for the single obstruction of justice conviction alone was 70 months). After his appeals failed, Dubya promptly commuted the sentence.

On April 13, 2018, Libby was pardoned by President Donald Trump.

Didn't DJT say something about it being time to drain the swamp?

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » November 21, 2019, 7:36 pm

tamada wrote:
November 21, 2019, 7:05 pm

For me the big question in DC at the moment is probably - "who is going to pardon the Bloated Orange Bullshittter"?

It seems the only one who can answer that question (on his forum at least) has gone MIA. :shock:

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 21, 2019, 8:16 pm

jackspratt wrote:
November 21, 2019, 7:36 pm
tamada wrote:

For me the big question in DC at the moment is probably - "who is going to pardon the Bloated Orange Bullshittter"?

It seems the only one who can answer that question (on his forum at least) has gone MIA. :shock:
The Senate's not going to to do a thing but regardless, hasn't he already proclaimed that he has the constitutional right to pardon himself?

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 21, 2019, 8:27 pm

jackspratt wrote:
tamada wrote:

Be fair jacks ..... it must take a hell of a lot of time to dream up all these ridiculous excuses , especially as the number of Republicans that are still not under the bus is dwindling =;
I am sure that our forum members are in regular contact with Donald via cellphone ...... this can be easily checked by speaking with those who own or frequent Udon's eateries

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » November 21, 2019, 9:07 pm

tamada wrote:
November 21, 2019, 8:16 pm
jackspratt wrote:
tamada wrote:

The Senate's not going to to do a thing but regardless, hasn't he already proclaimed that he has the constitutional right to pardon himself?
Yes he has made that statement on more than one occasion. I know I probably sound repetitious on this, but this is a twisted cycle. I'm not even mad because this is nothing less than I personally expected out of this individual when he was elected. But what I am more concerned about is that if/when he gets reelected, how much more damage is he going to try to do to destroy the economy. Things aren't as rosy here as some might try to make everyone believe. They are claiming that there is no inflation here but it's hard to believe that considering the price hikes fore the essentials here, groceries and the gas pump. And the Federal deficit for such a strong economy makes absolutely no sense. But nothing does these strange days.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » November 21, 2019, 9:15 pm

Not to insult anyone on here, but all we did was elect a used car salesman as the POTUS. And he is hands down the best at that.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » November 21, 2019, 9:54 pm

no, what was elected was a reality TV show personality who presents himself regularly just as that.. Abrasive, ignorant, spouting utter nonsense... The only positive thing he's done is to cut Federal regulations.. But, those are all reversible administrative rule and policy changes that most assuredly will be reversed if a Dem is elected President..
Dave

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » November 21, 2019, 10:10 pm

FrazeeDK wrote:
November 21, 2019, 9:54 pm
no, what was elected was a reality TV show personality who presents himself regularly just as that.. Abrasive, ignorant, spouting utter nonsense... The only positive thing he's done is to cut Federal regulations.. But, those are all reversible administrative rule and policy changes that most assuredly will be reversed if a Dem is elected President..
But some of those regulations that he reversed will quite possibly take us back to 2008 when the banks and Wall Street collapsed, which wiped out 50% of my TSP at that time. With 2 years left I can't afford to have that happen again. Because the interest rates are so low now, and the fact that he wants the Fed to bring it down to negative rates, the banks are most likely to start giving out bad/unsafe loans again to people who can't afford it and we will be back to reliving the good ole days.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 21, 2019, 11:06 pm

The groundhog politik on an 8-year repeal and repeat cycle.

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » November 21, 2019, 11:11 pm

Kenr6583 wrote:
November 21, 2019, 10:10 pm
FrazeeDK wrote:
But some of those regulations that he reversed will quite possibly take us back to 2008 when the banks and Wall Street collapsed, which wiped out 50% of my TSP at that time. With 2 years left I can't afford to have that happen again. Because the interest rates are so low now, and the fact that he wants the Fed to bring it down to negative rates, the banks are most likely to start giving out bad/unsafe loans again to people who can't afford it and we will be back to reliving the good ole days.
I was fortunate as getting ready to retire end on 2008 so had moved most of my TSP to Govt Bonds, but did take a hit, about 20% lose in earlier downturn, think 1997 time.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » November 22, 2019, 12:17 am

Stantheman wrote:
November 21, 2019, 11:11 pm
Kenr6583 wrote:
November 21, 2019, 10:10 pm
FrazeeDK wrote:
I was fortunate as getting ready to retire end on 2008 so had moved most of my TSP to Govt Bonds, but did take a hit, about 20% lose in earlier downturn, think 1997 time.
I moved mine to bonds in July this year. Was hoping to get at least 2.5% return, but because the Fed keeps cutting the rates .25%, I'm only getting a little less than 1.5% now. But i guess it's better than than the roller coaster ride and gambling for a few extra thousand $.....or losing it.

Return to “U.S. Politics”