ATM Withdrawal Change ??

General Udon Thani topics only!
seagulls
udonmap.com

ATM Withdrawal Change ??

Post by seagulls » December 10, 2019, 3:28 pm

Up until a couple of weeks ago I was able to withdraw 30,000 from Two Thai Banks using my USA ATM Card .I got a surprise last week when my Thai ATM screen message said "Choose a Smaller Amount " and was only able to withdraw 20,000 K . I have been drawing 30K twice a Month for a considerable time and to get my desired 60K monthly would require Three Withdrawals .We already pay $5,0 to my American Bank and 220 baht this end .My American Bank limit is $1010 Daily so I asked a Thai Bank representative why the change in a 20 K maximum withdrawal . Her response was "Oh yes we allow Thirty Thousand Baht Daily ,but you have to Draw it TWICE !! Has anyone else experienced this ??

the-monk
udonmap.com

Re: ATM Withdrawal Change ??

Post by the-monk » December 10, 2019, 3:43 pm

At Kasikorn bank.the 20k limit has been implemented years ago. Which bank charges 220 thb for atm fee ?

seagulls
udonmap.com

Post by seagulls » December 10, 2019, 3:47 pm

Any Thai Bank and I withdraw from most of the Major Thai Banks .Which Thai bank gives this service for FREE ??

choi choi
udonmap.com

Post by choi choi » December 10, 2019, 4:06 pm

Dunno about Visa/Master credit card withdrawals
I pull out 20,000,Then insert card again and take out more. (KTB)

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » December 10, 2019, 4:56 pm

My Siam Commercial allows 30k in one crack

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » December 10, 2019, 4:58 pm

I have accounts at Bangkok Bank, and I can go inside and do a cash advance on my US bank visa debit card with the teller who will swipe it on a machine, and there is no charge at that bank. I can withdraw up to the maximum daily limit that I have at my US bank. There are no fees except for my 1% Foreign Transaction Fee charged by my US bank, but many US banks don't have this fee. You have to ask first to see if that fee is imposed by your US bank. The teller cash advance is also available at Krungsri Bank, but there is a 200 baht fee per withdrawal up to your daily US bank limit.
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

seagulls
udonmap.com

Post by seagulls » December 10, 2019, 5:00 pm

There is no such thing as a "Free Lunch " where Banks are concerned .and the 220 baht charge has been in effect for a considerable time when drawing from overseas In my case Wells Fargo Of course my accounts in Thai Banks do not charge

anefarious1
udonmap.com

Post by anefarious1 » December 10, 2019, 6:45 pm

I've never tried to take out 30,000. But, I have noticed a few bank ATMs are pulling a trick in the form of a DCC (Dynamic Currency Conversion) and sometimes there is no way to reject it!

tinpeeba
udonmap.com

Post by tinpeeba » December 10, 2019, 7:40 pm

Aeon Bank ATM withdrawal charge is 150 baht. I use either the ones on the 3rd floor of Central Plaza or the one in Tesco on the ring road.

bluejets
udonmap.com

Post by bluejets » December 11, 2019, 6:40 am

Recently had the need to use an ANZ travel card. Fine for transactions such as hotel.
Draw the cash from an ATM though and not only the $3.50 fee from Aus bank but also 220 baht fee from Thai bank.
I remember arguing the point with ANZ staff here before i left, and they assured me the $3.50 was the only fee.
On return I stuck it under their nose, had a chuckle when I saw the confused look on their face. No answer though.

Card now cancelled and cash will be the norm in future.

BTW...if you have any notes the bank refuses to take because of a mark, small cut whatever, superrich exchanges don't give a toss.

karonsteve
udonmap.com

Post by karonsteve » December 11, 2019, 11:12 am

bluejets wrote:
December 11, 2019, 6:40 am
BTW...if you have any notes the bank refuses to take because of a mark, small cut whatever, superrich exchanges don't give a toss.
The Super Rich in Suvarnabhumi airport would not accept them when I went used them in October.
I didn't use them this time as Travel Ex opposite had a better rate.

Cheese 2 Meat You
udonmap.com

Post by Cheese 2 Meat You » December 11, 2019, 11:28 am

if you have a Thai bank account st up an account with transferwise or western union online bay with you debit card in us dollars small fee for the transfer and best exchange rate you will find draw our from your Thai bank account ATM no fee takes about 24 hours to arrive

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » December 15, 2019, 12:26 am

seagulls wrote:
December 10, 2019, 5:00 pm
There is no such thing as a "Free Lunch " where Banks are concerned .and the 220 baht charge has been in effect for a considerable time when drawing from overseas In my case Wells Fargo Of course my accounts in Thai Banks do not charge
Yes not anymore but in 2003 when I first came to Thailand it was free to use the atm to withdraw funds from my Canadian accounts. I think that ended around 2007.

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » December 17, 2019, 7:57 pm

There are some fee free cards available from some banks - e.g. Clarity credit card from Halifax in the UK. NO fee from Halifax to use abroad, cash withdrawal or when used to purchase something - just the Mastercard exchange rate (which is competitive with Transferwise). Still get the Thai ATM fee - but if you are lucky, can do a counter withdrawal at SOME branches and avoid the fee. You do get charged interest on cash withdrawals if you do not pay off straight away.

bluejets
udonmap.com

Post by bluejets » December 19, 2019, 4:08 am

karonsteve wrote:
December 11, 2019, 11:12 am
bluejets wrote:
December 11, 2019, 6:40 am
The Super Rich in Suvarnabhumi airport would not accept them when I went used them in October.
I didn't use them this time as Travel Ex opposite had a better rate.
Asking for it if you do any exchange at the airport.

Just buy a coffee there if you don't know what I mean.

karonsteve
udonmap.com

Post by karonsteve » December 19, 2019, 8:58 am

bluejets wrote:
December 19, 2019, 4:08 am

You'd be hard pushed to find a better exchange rate than at Super Rich and the competing booths around it.
Check their website.

https://www.superrichthailand.com/#!/en

bluejets
udonmap.com

Post by bluejets » December 19, 2019, 2:59 pm

karonsteve wrote:
December 19, 2019, 8:58 am
bluejets wrote:

You'd be hard pushed to find a better exchange rate than at Super Rich and the competing booths around it.
Check their website.

Didn't read this bit then....?????

"The Super Rich in Suvarnabhumi airport would not accept them when I went used them in October."

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » December 19, 2019, 10:57 pm

bluejets wrote:
December 19, 2019, 2:59 pm
karonsteve wrote:
bluejets wrote:

Check their website.

"The Super Rich in Suvarnabhumi airport would not accept them when I went used them in October."
Getting better exchange rate had nothing to do not accepting older, not best condition bills, you will see that everywhere in Thailand. Thus using Superrich at airport might still be a good option.

bluejets
udonmap.com

Post by bluejets » December 21, 2019, 6:33 am

Stantheman wrote:
December 19, 2019, 10:57 pm
bluejets wrote:
December 19, 2019, 2:59 pm
karonsteve wrote:
bluejets wrote:

Check their website.

Getting better exchange rate had nothing to do not accepting older, not best condition bills, you will see that everywhere in Thailand. Thus using Superrich at airport might still be a good option.
Argumentative and nit picking...information is the key....

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”