Forum members meeting

General Udon Thani topics only!
Aardvark
udonmap.com

Forum members meeting

Post by Aardvark » May 28, 2007, 12:35 pm

I fly in on the 28th of June and would like to attend the monthly meeting and meet some of the people on the Forum and give them the opportunity to dislike me in person. I'm in town for a month although I might spend a few days in Chiang Mai as I've never been there. Could someone let me know the next meeting date and will it be at the night market :D :D

Bob4you
udonmap.com

Post by Bob4you » May 29, 2007, 5:24 am

I want to go too if I am in town, keep us informed.

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » May 29, 2007, 8:26 am

:lol: Simple!!First Saturday of the month at 7 pm,night market around food stall #20!If there is a pre or post meeting place,it is always posted here by those interested ;)

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » May 29, 2007, 2:29 pm

pretty hard to miss, large stage and video screen there. always somewhere's on the first couple of benche 8) s, as opposed to metal table/chair seatings as accomodation more people.

Pakawala
udonmap.com

Post by Pakawala » May 29, 2007, 2:47 pm

To Stan and LA I would like to say with all due respect, "BALONEY"!! I was at stall #20 on May 5 from 7:00 to 7:30, and YOU GUYS WEREN'T THERE. I was looking forward to attending my first meeting and already knew you two on sight from a previous engagement at Taco Place. It was only the following week that I found out the meeting place had been changed (at the last minute, I presume) to Nong's Ribs (at least that's what I was able to discern from some posts afterwards).

Now, with the above information in mind, I too would like to join the Forumites but would appreciate a post as to where and when the meeting will originate, at least a couple days in advance. Please?! :D

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » May 29, 2007, 3:07 pm

i hope that is some good guildens on that baloney. if you notice the nong original ribs and the monthley forum meeting threads, it was pointed out that the usual motley crew would be beginning at nong's, and very possibly, though may be misquoting my self, "usually get settled in wherever we start so may not move on to another venue." this was noted and pointed out by Val, love you, missed you. hope to see you this saturday at night market. also, fred the farmer showed up at market also, saw post but forgot where, went somewhere else starting with ''n", but gave lee a ring and was pointed in the right direction.......so it not at Val's, i think the usual suspects will be at the market this saturday, as i haven't noticed any suggestions for venue change... 8) 8)

see you there :shock:

if going to meeting, alway good to check that thread before heading out, i had a few days notice. again, i pointed out, since we, well not me, but since so many members are old and senile, it might confuse some. but it seems just you and fred showed up at market.

Pakawala
udonmap.com

Post by Pakawala » May 29, 2007, 3:15 pm

Thanks LA, I'll try to check the forum meeting thread before leaving this next time. It wouldn't have been such a bother except I was on my motorcy and it was raining :( . And of course, 'no hard feelings' on my previous post. :D

Nobby
udonmap.com
Location: Was Hailsham, East Sussex now Udon and London now and again

Post by Nobby » May 29, 2007, 3:18 pm

Hopefully will see you as well, i fly in on the 16th June.

redbeard
udonmap.com

Post by redbeard » May 29, 2007, 3:24 pm

So is it just the old farts or do you bring the better halves as well ,I ll try to be there in July while Im over ,be good to put faces to the info Ive got from here , :drunk: =D>

redbeard
udonmap.com

Post by redbeard » May 29, 2007, 3:31 pm

Aardvark just noticed we are arriving the same day are you on the Tiger :arrow:

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » May 29, 2007, 3:51 pm

Do I look for a man with a Red Beard travelling alone or with family. I'll have my wife and 8 yr old daughter with me. Might be worth a coldy for breakfast in Singapore :lol: :lol:

redbeard
udonmap.com

Post by redbeard » May 29, 2007, 4:00 pm

Still got the red beard not sure how long for just about time for a change ,wife and almost 5 year old daughter with me ,an early breakie in Singa well I suppose we are on holiday ;) :pirate:

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » May 29, 2007, 4:25 pm

Sometimes I bring the daughter and the dog!My wife is always with me.Seems like most of the guys bring their wives and some ,their family.The gals seem to enjoy sharing and shopping :lol:

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » May 30, 2007, 1:53 pm

good thing about the night market, if the ladies tire of us BSing and solving all the world's problems, then they have plenty of shopping available. the ladies are usually with me also, as Val's and Rito's are alway nearby most times. there is another thread 'almost official that is usually updated prior to meeting, usually just some asking where and most saying 'the usual spot and time at night market, which depending on your appetite, anytime between 6:30 and 8 ish.

last month was the only one in a long time (although i missed the ones during school break) that was started early elsewhere and as mentioned everyone settled in and only Cliff made it over to the market and didn't notice anyone in attendance just ofter 8pm. one night we strolled over to Richmond's, pleasant night, but i think most are quite content with market, although nong's was very nice diversion, for cinco de mayo. 8)

Pakawala
udonmap.com

Post by Pakawala » May 30, 2007, 2:01 pm

Well, now that I've posted to this forum, I'm sure I'll get an email notification if there are any late editions.
8)
Stay atop the grass

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » May 30, 2007, 2:35 pm

I'm sure I'll get an email notification if there are any late editions.

bring some of that stuff you are smoking to the meeting, it's got to be good. 8)

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » May 30, 2007, 11:10 pm

Please use the topic/thread - "Forum Meeting", to avoid duplicating things.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”