Farangs who don’t wear face masks should be kicked out of Thailand says health minister

General Udon Thani topics only!
Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Re: Farangs who don’t wear face masks should be kicked out of Thailand says health minister

Post by Khun Paul » February 9, 2020, 9:57 am

DuiDui49 wrote:
February 9, 2020, 9:54 am
After reading THIS:
https://www.bangkokpost.com/learning/ea ... bottom_box

..how on earth can we trust the Thai Health Minister..??Or anything regarding the Corona Virus outbreak here in Thailand.

Have a great weekend in the sunny weather...
personally I would not trust an Xenophobic , potentially racist comment from an unintelligent uneducated man no matter who he is, the fact he is a Minister speaks volumes at the calibre of Ministers in Thailand !

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Re: Farangs who don’t wear face masks should be kicked out of Thailand says health minister

Post by jackspratt » February 9, 2020, 10:06 am

Khun Paul wrote:
February 9, 2020, 9:57 am
.......... personally I would not trust an Xenophobic , potentially racist comment from an unintelligent uneducated man no matter who he is,
How true....... :roll:

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » February 9, 2020, 10:23 am

Thailand reports seven new coronavirus cases - health ministry.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/114736 ... paign=news

Five Britons contract coronavirus in French ski resort.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/114747 ... paign=news

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » February 9, 2020, 2:03 pm

"The World Health Organization WHO states that the situation has begun to stabilize, but points out that it is too early to be able to determine whether the virus spread has reached its peak."

HUH? They are saying what?

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » February 9, 2020, 3:51 pm

jackspratt wrote:
February 9, 2020, 10:06 am
Khun Paul wrote:
February 9, 2020, 9:57 am
.......... personally I would not trust an Xenophobic , potentially racist comment from an unintelligent uneducated man no matter who he is,
How true....... :roll:
What he said :-"
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » February 9, 2020, 8:10 pm

Doodoo wrote:
February 9, 2020, 2:03 pm
"The World Health Organization WHO states that the situation has begun to stabilize, but points out that it is too early to be able to determine whether the virus spread has reached its peak."

Makes perfect sense to me - what are you struggling with?

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » February 9, 2020, 8:46 pm

Doodoo wrote: ↑February 9, 2020, 2:03 pm

OK here we go again
The WHO says it is stabilizing (Definition is to make or hold stable, firm, or steadfast.)
The they turn around and in the same breath "but points out that it is too early to be able to determine the virus spread has reached its peak" In other words it may continue to spread

The statement sounds like something out of a Politicians mouth

Now please explain to me why you understand and it makes perfect sense

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » February 9, 2020, 8:53 pm

It may well sound like a political statement.

But, as I said, makes perfect sense to me (about progression on a linear scale). If it doesn't do so for you, sorry - I can't help.

Raoul Duke
udonmap.com

Post by Raoul Duke » February 10, 2020, 11:02 am

DuiDui49 wrote:
February 9, 2020, 9:01 am
Doodoo wrote:
February 9, 2020, 8:59 am
These habits (Not only Hygiene) certainly do not start at school
They start at the Home from the family and Parents well be for any school
100% agree..start at home from the family and parent.
Confident that the home,family and parents are fully educated and practice basic hygiene are we?
Voiceover for hire.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » February 10, 2020, 11:08 am

I never knew that teachers where educated in Personal Hygiene
I leave it up to the Families and Parents as some are Teachers also

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » February 10, 2020, 11:54 am

jackspratt wrote:
February 9, 2020, 8:10 pm
Doodoo wrote:
February 9, 2020, 2:03 pm

Hope that is not a barb wire fence that WHO is sitting on

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » February 10, 2020, 12:59 pm

Source Swedish Aftonbladet...Translation Google:

"A Chinese citizen journalist who has been monitoring the outbreak of the virus in Wuhan has been placed in a forced quarantine, according to authorities.

But they refuse to tell him where he is, his friends say on multiple media.

Concern is now being raised that Chen Qiushi is being held in custody for political reasons.

- I'm afraid. In front of me is illness, behind me China's legal and administrative power, Chen said in a video message before he disappeared, according to The Washington Post.

The 34-year-old, who reported from the virus-infected Wuhan, had expressed concern before relatives lost contact with him that he was a target for the authorities. Chen had also asked friends to change passwords for his accounts on social media if he did not hear from them for a twelve-hour period.

"We can't do anything, not even his parents," a friend of Chen, who now manages the journalist's Twitter account, tells The Washington Post.

- They didn't even tell his parents how he was feeling or where he was. They did not allow them to talk to each other on the phone.

In a video message, Chen's mother asked for help with tracking her son.

"I'm here to ask everyone who is connected, especially friends in Wuhan, for help finding Qiushi, to find out what's going on with him," she said in a message according to CNN.

Contact with Chen was broken on 6 February."

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » February 10, 2020, 3:57 pm

DuiDui49 wrote:
February 10, 2020, 12:59 pm
Source Swedish Aftonbladet...Translation Google:

"A Chinese citizen journalist who has been monitoring the outbreak of the virus in Wuhan has been placed in a forced quarantine, according to authorities.

But they refuse to tell him where he is, his friends say on multiple media.

Concern is now being raised that Chen Qiushi is being held in custody for political reasons.

- I'm afraid. In front of me is illness, behind me China's legal and administrative power, Chen said in a video message before he disappeared, according to The Washington Post.

The 34-year-old, who reported from the virus-infected Wuhan, had expressed concern before relatives lost contact with him that he was a target for the authorities. Chen had also asked friends to change passwords for his accounts on social media if he did not hear from them for a twelve-hour period.

"We can't do anything, not even his parents," a friend of Chen, who now manages the journalist's Twitter account, tells The Washington Post.

- They didn't even tell his parents how he was feeling or where he was. They did not allow them to talk to each other on the phone.

I thought about this the other day , when i say the authorities dragging people from their homes and chucking them in the back of a pick up with a box on the back , reminded me of the Nazis clearing the polish ghettos .
Its the perfect time for the authorities to round up any trouble makers as they see fit , say they have the virus , disappear them , and tell the relatives they died in quarantine .
Or am i being a little cynical ?
In a video message, Chen's mother asked for help with tracking her son.

"I'm here to ask everyone who is connected, especially friends in Wuhan, for help finding Qiushi, to find out what's going on with him," she said in a message according to CNN.

Contact with Chen was broken on 6 February."

marcusb
udonmap.com

Post by marcusb » February 10, 2020, 4:13 pm

A few have mentioned hygiene, also learning about it at school.

I have taught at 2 universities (one was mainly for nursing), 3 high schools and 1 primary school in the last 11 years. Never have I ever seen a bar of soap or hand cleaner in a washroom.
The medical university used to put soap in the washrooms when they held seminars for other institutions, next day it was gathered up and put away till next time.

In regards to the twats remarks, I'm speechless. How could a giant fool be in such a position. Next thing ya know they'll let ex heroin dealers be ministers as well. :)

Charlieb
udonmap.com

Post by Charlieb » February 10, 2020, 5:14 pm

Was having breakfast after golf at thr Ruysuk hotel with a friend today. While there 4 policemen approached. They were handing out free face masks to anyone wanting them. My friend an I refused. They just said OK and went on their way.

minimiglia
udonmap.com

Post by minimiglia » February 11, 2020, 7:44 am

These masks are a complete waste of time

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » February 11, 2020, 1:43 pm

minimiglia wrote:
February 11, 2020, 7:44 am
These masks are a complete waste of time
As for protection you may be right, but it does stop you spraying your neighbours and does stop much of spray from others but as was stated on UK TV this am, will not stop the virus germs at all .

But then and hey they look good, you can customise them with crayons and look a complete plonker with the backing of the Government .

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » March 27, 2020, 11:12 am

Chuchi wrote:
March 27, 2020, 8:46 am
https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... ises-again

He's at it again
I Doubt IF HE Will ever Learn...... :shock: :shock:

minimiglia
udonmap.com

Post by minimiglia » March 27, 2020, 1:26 pm

The idiot should do his homework they are a complete waste of time

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”