Why would you want to. Stay in Thailand.

General off-topic debates and discussions forum.
vlad
udonmap.com

Why would you want to. Stay in Thailand.

Post by vlad » February 15, 2020, 3:22 am

The question is a simple 1 your not wanted your not made welcome and your not thought about. The minister has told you what he thinks about you and his racist comment did he apologise ?? No. Why should you have to constantly stump up cash to save there faces because they wouldn't listen. What have they dreamt up now to a tourism charge lol. Let's be honest if your not well off with a decent pension you might as well pack your case. I haven't even mentioned the curruption, scams, and farang pricing. So come on why should you stay. Thailand's greed is Vietnam's gift.

Udon Map
Admin

Re: Why would you want to. Stay in Thailand.

Post by Udon Map » February 15, 2020, 8:00 am

vlad wrote:
February 15, 2020, 3:22 am
The question is a simple 1 your not wanted your not made welcome and your not thought about. The minister has told you what he thinks about you and his racist comment did he apologise ?? No. Why should you have to constantly stump up cash to save there faces because they wouldn't listen. What have they dreamt up now to a tourism charge lol. Let's be honest if your not well off with a decent pension you might as well pack your case. I haven't even mentioned the curruption, scams, and farang pricing. So come on why should you stay. Thailand's greed is Vietnam's gift.
And you remain in Thailand because...?

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » February 15, 2020, 8:20 am

This should be interesting

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » February 15, 2020, 8:33 am

I do agree that it is simple. Why would anyone want to stay somewhere that they obviously hate? You can always go back to where you came from.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » February 15, 2020, 8:43 am

glalt wrote:
February 15, 2020, 8:33 am
I do agree that it is simple. Why would anyone want to stay somewhere that they obviously hate? You can always go back to where you came from.........
....... and sit there and snipe vicariously on a forum which is based, and is mainly about, the place you hate.

That would be a really, really, weird thing to do. :confused:

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 15, 2020, 9:17 am

vlad wrote:
More to the point, why would you NOT want to post this old chestnut in the regular Debates and Discussions forum?

TAXIfor7/11
udonmap.com

Post by TAXIfor7/11 » February 15, 2020, 9:36 am

jackspratt wrote:
February 15, 2020, 8:43 am
glalt wrote:
I do agree that it is simple. Why would anyone want to stay somewhere that they obviously hate? You can always go back to where you came from.........
....... and sit there and snipe vicariously on a forum which is based, and is mainly about, the place you hate.

especially if you don,t actually live here but keep coming back to thailand(the place your not happy with)and constantly post / read a forum that is about thailand,now thats really really really weird :confused:its sort of like complaing everytime you put your hand under the hot water tap,it burns you?,well don,t do it or better still try the cold tap

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » February 15, 2020, 9:38 am

vlad wrote:
Vlad , im not saying you dont have some valid points of view ..BUT ....if Thailand is SO SO BAD as you seem to think why have you not cut ties with the country totally and still feel the urge to post, for everyone who has experienced bad things here in what ever shape or form and MOVED ON there are lots more who are happy and love life and all it entails here.

Maybe time you moved on in all ways regarding Thailand and all its faults .. btw dont forget you can add mass shooting to your growing list of complaints.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » February 15, 2020, 9:56 am

There is only one person on earth who can make you happy or unhappy. That person is YOU.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » February 15, 2020, 10:13 am

jackspratt wrote:
February 15, 2020, 8:43 am
glalt wrote:

Because he can't let go. Vlad the Impaler has been haunting these forums since at least 2008.

But he was told by Officer IC Udon Map to raise another thread to discuss his views and here we are, he's working within the rules. That said, what's his goal?
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » February 15, 2020, 10:20 am

I want to stay here in thailand cause I have family here
It is cheap to live decently
I dont have to deal with corrupt IMO so not my problem
Who cares what stupid ministers say seem like a global thing anyway
Not had farang pricing if anything i get a discount from the local contractors as i pay straight up

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » February 15, 2020, 10:29 am

That's the ticket!

I will want to over-Winter here once I change my working lifestyle. But I will never cut my links with England.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » February 15, 2020, 10:59 am

same this? viewtopic.php?f=12&t=51204
and i almost never have problem falang prices , most fresh falang here have no clue what the real price in los is , as they always compare prices with prices abroad , big mistake !, you will need to learn to compare prices within thailand to really get a clue you have normal price or not ...however not many falang think like this even after extended stay in los,
i do not really follow media news as to me media news is never also rubbish , i hardly never look at news neither from here as abroad ,when i hear about some things it will go in my left ear and go out at my right ear ,without storing any of it ,my memeory card is getting smaller every year :D , i try to live life my way , also not in the past , remember this ,remember that pfff....i live in the present and hopefully in the future , you only have 1 life , and i have chosen to not make it complicated, this is something you all have to decide for your self , as long as you are happy , but more important.. stay happy...(try to) enjoy it while you can... ;)

Sateeb
udonmap.com

Post by Sateeb » February 15, 2020, 3:04 pm

Earnest wrote:
February 15, 2020, 10:13 am

Because he can't let go. Vlad the Impaler has been haunting these forums since at least 2008.

But he was told by Officer IC Udon Map to raise another thread to discuss his views and here we are, he's working within the rules. That said, what's his goal?
To let everyone know he hates Thailand. He didn't cut the mustard, got rinsed by some Isaan puu sao and doesn't like the tales of people having a good life here.

The "Wish You Were Here" Cambodia special was short. Must have been another disaster.

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » February 15, 2020, 9:24 pm

Ha ha Sateeb know all done it all another 1 with the stuck in the thailand bubble syndrome. Wants to leave but scared to. Sit on your balcony with your Archa and chat to your friends on the web because you don't have any in reality.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » February 15, 2020, 9:39 pm

He has a point, Vlad. Maybe it's time for you to move on.

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » February 15, 2020, 10:22 pm

I have it's Tenerife or Greece for me but like all my responses this will not be allowed you can be abused on here but your not allowed to respond

Sateeb
udonmap.com

Post by Sateeb » February 15, 2020, 11:00 pm

I went to Greece once... I didn't like it... I didn't go back.

Then end.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » February 15, 2020, 11:58 pm

Sateeb wrote:
February 15, 2020, 11:00 pm
I went to Greece once... I didn't like it... I didn't go back.

Then end.
You mean to say you didn’t keep hanging around for 10+ years making negative posts on Athens Map or Thessaloniki Social? Say it isn’t so :razz:
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » February 16, 2020, 12:30 am

My Thai wife wanted to live in Canada and I did not like some of the changes happening in Thailand so we moved back. Having said that I can also say we are very happy here but our life style is not typical of living in Canadian cities. We live in a small town on Vancouver island on 5 acres and enjoy a quiet life with deer and other animals around and are only minutes away from trout and salmon fishing which we do a lot of. We also enjoy motorcycle trips on the quieter and safer roads here. I do miss some things about Thailand and will admit it has it's charms and I could enjoy life there as well but for now we will stay here. Maybe build a small home on my wifes land in So Phisai one day. One more thing, if I had to live in Vancouver or any other crowded community in Canada I would be back to Thailand in a heartbeat. The traffic, pollution, cost of living, unhappy people, political correctness and over regulation would drive me crazy. The reality is it is all about what makes you happy, like the song says. Were here for a good time, not a long time.

Return to “General Debates & Discussions”