Coronavirus Now in Thailand !!

AlexO
udonmap.com

Re: Coronavirus Now in Thailand !!

Post by AlexO » February 26, 2020, 4:02 am

Spanish Flu occurred BEFORE the world was as connected as it is now and the Medical response was sketchy to say the least, but let us not dismiss it.
Absolutely agree KP, but it is a double edged sword in your statement. Yes information is now freely available to all in our connected world and possible preventative measures can be shared to all and sundry. Trouble is we are also many times more connected by ability to travel almost freely internationally on thousands of daily flights etc. Thailand must be one of the worst as proven by one of the new cases, a Thai national who was driving Chinese tourists about. How many times did he share the sticky rice pot with his family or even other drivers during lunch breaks before he was diagnosed , how many times did they share etc, etc.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » February 26, 2020, 5:41 am

Yes, that's how I read it. However if you're in poor health and getting on in years this Coronavirus becomes a more serious risk. Enjoy your holiday.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » February 26, 2020, 6:14 am

GT93 wrote:
February 26, 2020, 5:41 am
Yes, that's how I read it. However if you're in poor health and getting on in years this Coronavirus becomes a more serious risk. Enjoy your holiday.
Thanks, really haven't had a bad trip yet in Thailand. Just got back from Punta Cana this morning and I was more concerned about dengue fever than I am about the COVID-19. Took a two-hour road trip on some Can-Ams through some pretty rough terrain in the woods with plenty of mud holes to get to the beach. Wore long shirt the whole way to avoid any mosquito bites, but the whole five days there never encountered one. So that was good. Wouldn't go through any jungle though.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » February 27, 2020, 10:08 am

OH NO NOT THIS NOW!!!!!
"Odisha reports first swine flu death this season in Cuttack
Sources said the 72-year-old woman admitted in the hospital on February 14 was tested positive for H1N1."
The last major outbreak as they called it, in the world Egypt which had no cases of Swine Flu orderd 300,000 pigs to be slaughtered in the country
This is all nothing but Media Hype. Just want to sell newspapers, etc
Even with this CoronaVirus, how many cases in Thailand? 40. 40 out of 63,500,000 population and Countries are shutting down flights to here, a joke
2800 people dead so far since January 1 2800/58 Days = 48 a day. Hell we kill more than that on the roads of Thailand at about 62 perday (2016 figures) And in the world yearly 1,350,000
HYPE!!!!!!!!

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » February 27, 2020, 10:09 am

corona virus arrived at government hospital udon , according to a thais facebook message received by my wife... ;)

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » February 27, 2020, 10:32 am

Kopkei
MORE HYPE
Why wouldnt a sick person not go to a hospital?

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » February 27, 2020, 10:36 am

posted this as info...i do not really follow all this ...i even do not have any facebook or other show off books ... ;)

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » February 27, 2020, 1:51 pm

Doodoo wrote:
February 27, 2020, 10:32 am
Kopkei
MORE HYPE
Why wouldnt a sick person not go to a hospital?
In England they're advising that you stay at home, don't go to the hospital and call the non emergency number
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » February 27, 2020, 2:00 pm

I,ve heard this rumour about Coronavirus in Udon also.... true or not I don't know.
Apparently 2 children from Don Bosco tested positive for the virus and are now in Udon hospital.
But could be just scaremongering. I guess we will soon find out.
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

choi choi
udonmap.com

Post by choi choi » February 27, 2020, 2:57 pm

I heard that too!Back from Japan. But apparently NOT have The Coronavirus

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » February 27, 2020, 5:47 pm

If you really think about it logically, we all know hospitals here are a hotbed of people who are supposed to be ill , walking into one IF you are infected with Coronavirus would be like a RED RAG to a Bull , it would mean the entire HOSPITAL and all its staff and Patients plus all the family members having to be quarantined for 14-27 days depending on which version you subscribe to. That in Udon Hospital would be a few thousand I think
True you would be doping the right thing going to a Hospital, but at the moment unless anyone has different information, there is NO Government registered Hospital IN UDON for dealing with this situation and certainly not a place where a patient can be as yet QUARANTINED, if there was you would go there if you thought you had the virus and the staff would be organised to minimise risk to themselves and others.
There is also not to my knowledge medical staff on call out to test and see if people are at risk anywhere than at a recognised place and certainly here in Thailand they do not visit you at home. The only real option is to self quarantine and if the situation gets worse to seek medical assistance by a healthy person going to the Hospital and tell the story seeking advice , hopefully their stock answer , to come here is not used as that would be very counter-productive.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » February 27, 2020, 7:26 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
February 27, 2020, 5:47 pm
If you really think about it logically, we all know hospitals here are a hotbed of people who are supposed to be ill ,...........
KP ........ your logic is inescapable. =D>
Last edited by jackspratt on February 27, 2020, 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » February 27, 2020, 7:26 pm

Apparently the disease is in Udon now, confirmed by someone from the School, it would seem keeping ones distance from people may not cut it, this is a bit worrying, the disease can live on cash for up to 12 days, more if you read other sources.

When you are taught in catering school about pathogens, viruses etc in the UK you are told that money is a very poor harbinger of disease, how comes this virus is different?

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/17/coronav ... ading.html
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

anefarious1
udonmap.com

Post by anefarious1 » February 27, 2020, 7:49 pm

vincemunday wrote:
February 27, 2020, 7:26 pm
Apparently the disease is in Udon now, confirmed by someone from the School, it would seem keeping ones distance from people may not cut it, this is a bit worrying, the disease can live on cash for up to 12 days, more if you read other sources.

When you are taught in catering school about pathogens, viruses etc in the UK you are told that money is a very poor harbinger of disease, how comes this virus is different?

I have heard this rumor all day. How can we find out if this is true? Coronovirus in Udon Thani? Where is your source of info? Some woman on Facebook?

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » February 27, 2020, 7:54 pm

The "small village" rumour mill will be in overdrive for a day or so.

Best to wait for some official/credible confirmation (or more likely, denial) that Udon has become the new Wuhan of SE Asia. :D

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » February 27, 2020, 8:03 pm

anefarious1 wrote:
February 27, 2020, 7:49 pm
vincemunday wrote:
February 27, 2020, 7:26 pm

I have heard this rumor all day. How can we find out if this is true? Coronovirus in Udon Thani? Where is your source of info? Some woman on Facebook?
The source is a chap on the market who I think is quite credible, his kids go there and he says they are spraying the school to disinfect it, perhaps this is just a precaution? Has anyone seen this?

thecroc4
udonmap.com

Post by thecroc4 » February 27, 2020, 8:12 pm

The school in question had a student who had a high fever after returning from Japan. A relative posted on facebook about the boy, a pratom 3 student, and said he was being tested for coronavirus. The relative posted on facebook before anyone had the results back, but the fact that "coronavirus, fever, Japan" had been posted on facebook everyone went into overdrive saying there was a covid-19 in Udon, but in fact there wasnt.
The boy tested negative for coronavirus . The school is open tomorrow for exams.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » February 27, 2020, 8:17 pm

Get a grip on your selves
It is a virus
so is the flu that kills a lot more

First rule dont panic

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » February 27, 2020, 8:38 pm

Yep more people denying it than confirming it, I'm not detecting any panic just a desire to know what's going on.

anefarious1
udonmap.com

Post by anefarious1 » February 27, 2020, 8:39 pm

noosard wrote:
February 27, 2020, 8:17 pm
Get a grip on your selves
It is a virus
so is the flu that kills a lot more

First rule dont panic
You obviously do not understand what can happen when hospitals are overrun with symptomatic patients who are potentially carrying a deadly disease that will likely infect the nurses, doctors and other staff and also bring down the entire life support system including most good and services to include essentials because employees no longer show up to work.

In other words, the virus likely won't kill you, but the secondary effects are another question. It is quite scary.

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”