Coronavirus Now in Thailand !!

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Re: Coronavirus Now in Thailand !!

Post by jackspratt » February 27, 2020, 9:03 pm

Earnie, where are you?

We need that Chesterfield back urgently.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » February 27, 2020, 9:15 pm

anefarious1 wrote:
February 27, 2020, 8:39 pm
You obviously do not understand what can happen when hospitals are overrun with symptomatic patients who are potentially carrying a deadly disease that may infect the nurses, doctors and other staff and also bring down the entire life support system including most good and services to include essentials because employees no longer show up to work.

In other words, the virus likely won't kill you, but the secondary effects are another question. It is quite scary.
Absolutely agree, the Chinese Government did not just build 2 large prefab hospitals for the challenge of 'just doing it' they were running out of hospital beds for those that were infected. Do you see Countries such as most in SEA or even Europe being able to cope with hospitals are already at near capacity. What happens when schools start to close, when shops cannot open because of no staff etc, when hospitals are overrun. Go and read up on the 1918 flu pandemic, its quite frightening even with todays advancements in medical care.

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » February 27, 2020, 10:55 pm

noosard wrote:
February 27, 2020, 8:17 pm
Get a grip on your selves
It is a virus
so is the flu that kills a lot more

First rule dont panic
A year from now we will know how many people it will kill, it is just starting. Panic does not help, a cool head even in a fight will serve you well. But we do need to take this seriously now.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » February 27, 2020, 11:16 pm

jai yen yen wrote:
February 27, 2020, 10:55 pm
noosard wrote:
It is a virus

First rule dont panic
A year from now we will know how many people it will kill, it is just starting. Panic does not help, a cool head even in a fight will serve you well. But we do need to take this seriously now.
It's kind of hard to take it serious now when the top officials here in the United States claim that the vaccine, when a vaccine is found, might not be affordable for everyone. That's how much they care here, you can get it if you can afford it. And who do they have leading the charge in fighting the COVID-19 virus? VP Mike Pence, the man who does not believe in science. Should be interesting.

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » February 28, 2020, 8:44 am

Kenr6583 wrote:
February 27, 2020, 11:16 pm
jai yen yen wrote:
noosard wrote:
It is a virus

First rule dont panic
It's kind of hard to take it serious now when the top officials here in the United States claim that the vaccine, when a vaccine is found, might not be affordable for everyone. That's how much they care here, you can get it if you can afford it. And who do they have leading the charge in fighting the COVID-19 virus? VP Mike Pence, the man who does not believe in science. Should be interesting.
Don't count on anyone or your government, look after yourself. I have a 3 month supply of everything we need if it gets real bad here. My wife will quit her job and we will stay home or drive around but no public contact. I am still hoping it does not come to this but it is the only way to protect yourself and your family. Going to crowded markets and malls will be out of the question.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » February 28, 2020, 8:55 am

jai yen yen wrote:
February 28, 2020, 8:44 am
Kenr6583 wrote:
jai yen yen wrote:
noosard wrote:
It is a virus

First rule dont panic
Don't count on anyone or your government, look after yourself. I have a 3 month supply of everything we need if it gets real bad here. My wife will quit her job and we will stay home or drive around but no public contact. I am still hoping it does not come to this but it is the only way to protect yourself and your family. Going to crowded markets and malls will be out of the question.
Build a bunker and shoot anyone who comes near lol
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » February 28, 2020, 10:22 am

I do think this virus is being underestimated on here...
It's dangerous for the over 60,s....thats 60% of Udon Map members.
It's dangerous for the unhealthy and unfit... that's the other 40%
A year from now there could be only izzix and giggles left. ;)
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » February 28, 2020, 10:27 am

If were not here , should we care ? Im over 65 and not fit , So i guess im dead man walking .
Which is not a problem as with every health survey about what kills you ive read , im dead already .

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » February 28, 2020, 10:43 am

papafarang wrote:
February 28, 2020, 8:55 am
jai yen yen wrote:
February 28, 2020, 8:44 am
Kenr6583 wrote:
jai yen yen wrote:
noosard wrote:
It is a virus

First rule dont panic
Build a bunker and shoot anyone who comes near lol
Not so funny really. In Wuhan it started with a handful of people and look what they are going through now. Prisoners in their own homes, dying at home, very little medical care, no vehicles or fuel and you can't leave. It has now spread around the world, containment has failed. Should have closed borders a long time ago, too late now. There is no known reason why it won't get as bad in other countries. We are now being told to stock up on supplies by the Canadian and U.S. governments. if it gets bad my wife and I can stay home for a long time, if not we don't have to go shopping for a long time.

anefarious1
udonmap.com

Post by anefarious1 » February 28, 2020, 10:56 am

Is Don Bosco school really closed? Does anyone know what is happening? Too many rumors and no real info! THANK YOU

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » February 28, 2020, 11:00 am

School holidays ??

Udon christian starts their break next week and St M & DB are usually a week or so different

thecroc4
udonmap.com

Post by thecroc4 » February 28, 2020, 11:58 am

Don Bosco is open. They're doing exams today! Its not a problem.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » February 28, 2020, 12:04 pm

AH the Blame Game has started
You should have closed the boarders earlier
You should have warned us earlier
You are not telling us the truth
and so on and so on

By doing this it helps No One
If you can offer any POSITIVE news that would be great
But
For now
Stay away from individuals that are sneezing, coughing
If you need to cough or sneeze do so into the elbow area of your arm and not your hands
WASH WASH your hands
By all means Educate others
Hope to see and hear from you all tomorrow and if not, well I may be dead

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » February 28, 2020, 1:51 pm

A self explanatory graphic putting things into perspective

https://youtu.be/6dDD2tHWWnU
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 28, 2020, 5:13 pm

dunroaming wrote:
February 25, 2020, 6:47 am
I was advised yesterday if I go home to Thailand this rotation I will be quarantined on my return to Kazakhstan for 14 days with another 10 days of daily calls to the medical clinic. This became law a few days ago here and even people just transiting through Bangkok are now in quarantine
The latest official announcement from Kazakhstan as follows:

KAZAKHSTAN - published 24.02.2020

1. Passengers arriving from China (People's Rep.) will be subject to immediate quarantine for a minimum of 14 days.

2. Nationals of China (People’s Rep.) with a normal passport arriving at Almaty (ALA), Aktau (SCO), Astana (TSE), Karaganda (KGF), Shymkent (CIT) or Taraz (DMB) are no longer visa exempt.

https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/intern ... 226297.htm

If your employer can provide an official citation for the change you mention, that would be handy.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » February 28, 2020, 7:17 pm

The NUMBER 1 way to Prevent the Corona Virus is NOT wearing a mask
https://www.yahoo.com/news/no-1-way-pre ... 54777.html

As fears over the is the best way to prevent the spread of infectious illnesses like coronavirus. That's because one of the most common ways infections spread is when people touch a contaminated surface and then touch their mouth or nose.

Wash your hands frequently and thoroughly. CBS News chief medical correspondent Dr. Jon LaPook points out that it's especially important to make sure that you scrub the soap into your fingertips because they are simultaneously the part of the hand most often neglected and the part of the hand most likely to touch your face and spread disease.

Soap and water is far more effective than hand sanitizer. If you're using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer, you should make sure that it contains at least 60% alcohol.

Beyond that, the CDC advises that, whenever possible, you should also avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands, avoid contact with sick people, cover your mouth when you cough and sneeze, and disinfect objects and surfaces frequently.

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » February 28, 2020, 8:25 pm

tamada wrote:
February 28, 2020, 5:13 pm
dunroaming wrote:
February 25, 2020, 6:47 am
I was advised yesterday if I go home to Thailand this rotation I will be quarantined on my return to Kazakhstan for 14 days with another 10 days of daily calls to the medical clinic. This became law a few days ago here and even people just transiting through Bangkok are now in quarantine
The latest official announcement from Kazakhstan as follows:

KAZAKHSTAN - published 24.02.2020

1. Passengers arriving from China (People's Rep.) will be subject to immediate quarantine for a minimum of 14 days.

2. Nationals of China (People’s Rep.) with a normal passport arriving at Almaty (ALA), Aktau (SCO), Astana (TSE), Karaganda (KGF), Shymkent (CIT) or Taraz (DMB) are no longer visa exempt.

https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/intern ... 226297.htm

If your employer can provide an official citation for the change you mention, that would be handy.
Tam
.we get daily updates as situation changing daily today , today Italy and Iran are banned and Thailand ok again tomorrow might change again. Yes Chevron keep us well informed and have their own set of rules easy to get home but come back again.......

tinpeeba
udonmap.com

Post by tinpeeba » February 29, 2020, 12:04 am

The best article I've read on the spread of the Corona virus is in The Atlantic:
https://www.theatlantic.com/health/arch ... ne/607000/

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » February 29, 2020, 7:33 am

What is truly amazing to me, is that time and time again Health experts are talking about BASIC HYGENIE, whioch I expect the vast majority were taught as children. Wash your hands, avoid touching moth etc, using a handkerchief and do not cough without covering your mouth.
The question is, have we all become so damn lazy and uncaring that we happily forget the rules that kept us safe in our youth .
We see people spit happily on the road even in crowded areas, cough indiscriminately without any attempt to cover their mouth , we all know about surveys carried out in Drinking places where plates of Nuts offered freely contained upwards of dozens of different patrons NOT washing their hands following a visit to the toilet.

We ALL have a responsibility to act respectfully to each other, but it seems to me that people are far less caring than even 20 years ago, where had you done any of the above, someone might tell you to be a better person, now that rebuke is met with insults and an offer of violence in some instances .

These so-called selfish attitudes is one ,I am sure of the many reasons why this viruses are sp[reading and we owe it to each other to maintain our personal hygenie as far as is possible to prevent further innocent transmission of bugs and other nasties.

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » February 29, 2020, 8:55 am

Khun Paul wrote:
February 29, 2020, 7:33 am
What is truly amazing to me, is that time and time again Health experts are talking about BASIC HYGENIE, whioch I expect the vast majority were taught as children. Wash your hands, avoid touching moth etc, using a handkerchief and do not cough without covering your mouth.
The question is, have we all become so damn lazy and uncaring that we happily forget the rules that kept us safe in our youth .
We see people spit happily on the road even in crowded areas, cough indiscriminately without any attempt to cover their mouth , we all know about surveys carried out in Drinking places where plates of Nuts offered freely contained upwards of dozens of different patrons NOT washing their hands following a visit to the toilet.

We ALL have a responsibility to act respectfully to each other, but it seems to me that people are far less caring than even 20 years ago, where had you done any of the above, someone might tell you to be a better person, now that rebuke is met with insults and an offer of violence in some instances .

These so-called selfish attitudes is one ,I am sure of the many reasons why this viruses are sp[reading and we owe it to each other to maintain our personal hygenie as far as is possible to prevent further innocent transmission of bugs and other nasties.
You are right, it is called respect and consideration for others. Not a lot of it around anymore.

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”