Border and bar closings

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: Border and bar closings

Post by Drunk Monkey » March 28, 2020, 1:49 pm

Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 28, 2020, 2:00 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
March 28, 2020, 1:49 pm
strange decision ??

https://www.pattayamail.com/news/pattay ... nes-293122
Totally. I can see this getting rescinded pretty quickly. There's no way they could check on all the seating arrangements or, when it comes to Thai dining, that restaurants are issuing serving spoons with each dish or that diners aren't digging in with their own spoons.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » March 28, 2020, 2:03 pm

tamada wrote:
March 28, 2020, 2:00 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:
March 28, 2020, 1:49 pm
strange decision ??

https://www.pattayamail.com/news/pattay ... nes-293122
Totally. I can see this getting rescinded pretty quickly. There's no way they could check on all the seating arrangements or, when it comes to Thai dining, that restaurants are issuing serving spoons with each dish or that diners aren't digging in with their own spoons.
Excellent observation young Tam .. and eating with a mask on may also be troublesome !!

DM

fdimike
udonmap.com

Post by fdimike » March 28, 2020, 7:48 pm

What a "brilliant" move. Maybe he can form up a new restaurant police force to make sure all the rules are obeyed.
An ex-pat in the Land of Smile

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » March 28, 2020, 8:00 pm

fdimike wrote:
March 28, 2020, 7:48 pm
What a "brilliant" move. Maybe he can form up a new restaurant police force to make sure all the rules are obeyed.
With Snr Sgt Guns leading the local taskforce?

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » March 28, 2020, 8:08 pm

So does that must mean only one person on each side of most tables and only tables that are Two metres wide can be used or else their legs & feet will be under one metre apart

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » March 28, 2020, 8:35 pm

As ever here theres always a grey area here .. not black or white .. in this case (restaurants) i think it should be a total blanket closure ..no semi open for takeaways seating arrangements etc ..closed means closed EVERYWHERE nationwide. This obviously effects our business but so be it .. get rid of the uncertainty n close all restaurants n cafes coffee shops etc etc... as posted before went into town n the Thai run noodle shops and lat Khao places are operating as normal n packed ... no distanced seating nothing so what is the difference and why are they not closed.

Cook at home and isolate , go out to shop weekly ... if a curfew is introduced will it be adhered to ??? another grey area. In times like this the people dont need confusion as is the case now with restaurants.

places that should stay open
Hospitals obviously
Clinics ??
banks
supermarkets food only sales
pharmacies
Government buildings
Petrol stations
Immo unless they wave visas during the crisis
Police stations

DM

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » March 28, 2020, 8:45 pm

I understand where you are coming from, DM ........ but the reality is different.

In my experience, there is a good proportion of people (mainly single) living here who have no (or only the most rudimentary) access to cooking facilities in their 1 room rooms. A single burner to cook momma noodles every night?

And that only looks at the evening meal - what should workers who are kilometres from home do for lunch?

Not many here who are likely to pack a sandwich.

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » March 28, 2020, 8:50 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
March 28, 2020, 8:35 pm
As ever here theres always a grey area here .. not black or white .. in this case (restaurants) i think it should be a total blanket closure ..no semi open for takeaways seating arrangements etc ..closed means closed EVERYWHERE nationwide. This obviously effects our business but so be it .. get rid of the uncertainty n close all restaurants n cafes coffee shops etc etc... as posted before went into town n the Thai run noodle shops and lat Khao places are operating as normal n packed ... no distanced seating nothing so what is the difference and why are they not closed.

Cook at home and isolate , go out to shop weekly ... if a curfew is introduced will it be adhered to ??? another grey area. In times like this the people dont need confusion as is the case now with restaurants.

places that should stay open
Hospitals obviously
Clinics ??
banks
supermarkets food only sales
pharmacies
Government buildings
Petrol stations
Immo unless they wave visas during the crisis
Police stations

DM
Where I am now in U.S. we are on a 30 day stay at home order with some exemptions for certain places. Funny thing is one type of business exempt is Liquor Stores.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » March 28, 2020, 8:51 pm

p p p p pick up a penguin ?

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » March 28, 2020, 8:56 pm

Stan, are the gun shops open ........... must be essential to be able to protect yourself from the Covid19 infected zombies soon to be roaming free around New York

fdimike
udonmap.com

Post by fdimike » March 28, 2020, 9:03 pm

I heard a story on Thai PBS TV tonight that an unidentified Udon Thani restaurant was closed down by the police for violating the govts orders regarding restaurants which are only supposed to allow take away service. Apparently the owner was seating customers and serving them meals in place. The owner was fined 10,000THB
An ex-pat in the Land of Smile

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » March 28, 2020, 9:35 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
March 28, 2020, 8:56 pm
Stan, are the gun shops open ........... must be essential to be able to protect yourself from the Covid19 infected zombies soon to be roaming free around New York
Funny you should ask, in Kansas City Kansas the big corporate ones are because they sell food too, but in Kansas City Missouri they were told to close .

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » March 28, 2020, 9:40 pm

Kansas City Missouri made DJT look like an idiot a few weeks ago ......... petty payback time

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » March 29, 2020, 7:03 am

jackspratt wrote:
March 28, 2020, 8:45 pm
I understand where you are coming from, DM ........ but the reality is different.

In my experience, there is a good proportion of people (mainly single) living here who have no (or only the most rudimentary) access to cooking facilities in their 1 room rooms. A single burner to cook momma noodles every night?

And that only looks at the evening meal - what should workers who are kilometres from home do for lunch?

Not many here who are likely to pack a sandwich.
Yes Jack i get all that AND FULLY UNDERSTAND its a very difficult complex situation to sort out ... BUT .. the fact that so many of these small shop house style places are remaining open and have a large footfall of customers in close proximity is rendering all other closures in place merely token in that the less venues open the less chance of a cluster out break , alas it only takes one to infect another person in turn a family a village or district a town etc .

Micro ready meals ?? pre made bought food delivered daily to the places of work that remain open like banks etc.. I DONT HAVE AN ANSWER .

SHOCKED THIS MORNING AT THE AMOUNT OF TRAFFIC ON THE RING ROAD NEAR THE AIRPORT its SUNDAY very busy already.

DM

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » March 29, 2020, 7:46 am

Another example of grey areas .. social distancing on buses mass transit =D> GREAT MOVE ..but not in noodle shops in Udon :? ???

https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30384931

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » March 29, 2020, 8:35 am

As I posted on another thread....
Hundreds of farangs queuing daily in close proximity at the many Immigration offices... waiting for hours.
It only needs one person to be infected in the office and the virus will spread like wildfire.
Not just farangs but also Immigration Officers and there family and friends.
As of yesterday there were 44 Italian doctors dead from treating patients with the virus... working in close proximity to the sick... plenty of places still open in Thailand that are high risk.
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » March 29, 2020, 8:54 am

DM
[/quote]
Where I am now in U.S. we are on a 30 day stay at home order with some exemptions for certain places. Funny thing is one type of business exempt is Liquor Stores.
[/quote]

keep them pist

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » March 30, 2020, 6:21 am

circa 6am MONDAY .. just been out with the dogs and again the ring rd near the airport intersection is surprisingly busy with all modes of transport from bikes to big trucks n all in between.. after watching SFG vid yesterday im making a real effort to isolate here just with Dao ..........and the dogs...tho will need to do a quick shopping trip very soon.

DM

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 30, 2020, 11:46 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
March 30, 2020, 6:21 am
circa 6am MONDAY .. just been out with the dogs and again the ring rd near the airport intersection is surprisingly busy with all modes of transport from bikes to big trucks n all in between.. after watching SFG vid yesterday im making a real effort to isolate here just with Dao ..........and the dogs...tho will need to do a quick shopping trip very soon.

DM
Must be the imminent NBLP and NWS lock-downs, eh?

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”