Farangs who don’t wear face masks should be kicked out of Thailand says health minister

General Udon Thani topics only!
kopkei
udonmap.com

Re: Farangs who don’t wear face masks should be kicked out of Thailand says health minister

Post by kopkei » March 27, 2020, 2:23 pm

well , it is not only with immigration matters Thai people make up their own rules, the face mask are meant for the sick not the healthy , when i went to makro with 2 nieces , everyone was wearing face masks except us 3 ,i was surprised as the Thais are known for their strong heads and not following any rule ,in this case they all follow and they are all wrong..TIT ...it will never change... ;)

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Farangs who don’t wear face masks should be kicked out of Thailand says health minister

Post by tamada » March 27, 2020, 10:58 pm

^ Wearing a mask won't kill you either.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » March 28, 2020, 6:50 am

i will leave my mask(s) for the ones really needing them .... ;)

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » March 28, 2020, 7:49 am

Not wearing a mask may kill some one else

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » March 28, 2020, 9:18 am

noosard wrote:
March 28, 2020, 7:49 am
Not wearing a mask may kill some one else
Salutary point , wearing a mask outside your home is showing that you have no intention of possible infecting anyone else even if you yourself think you are healthy.
Assists in stopping anyone infecting you ( although science tells us differently )
Is a VISIBLE statement to others where you go or shop that you are taking this seriously .

WHY NOT WEAR when required eh ??

the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » March 28, 2020, 9:27 am

Ok everyone is wearing a mask... Bravo.... Very little, of any, scientific evidences that it does any good.....
EXCEPT creating a false sense of security..... Stay safe and healthy everybody...

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » March 28, 2020, 9:33 am

There is only one Thai in my village that is wearing a mask , and she wears one all the time , always has .
I know they are hard to find , and some extortionists are making silly money on them , but even if they were readily available , and compulsary would they use them ? Im not so sure , bearing in minb most of them have little respect for rules and regulations .

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » March 28, 2020, 9:51 am

saint wrote:
March 28, 2020, 9:33 am
There is only one Thai in my village that is wearing a mask , and she wears one all the time , always has .
I know they are hard to find , and some extortionists are making silly money on them , but even if they were readily available , and compulsary would they use them ? Im not so sure , bearing in minb most of them have little respect for rules and regulations .
In our Bannork Buriram village i noted very few wearing masks .. the only ones that were are 2 Mia falang who live nearby and the Pooyaiban wife .. the local locals farmers etc not wearing.. drive 5 mins to small rural town and more mask wearers can be seen but more not wearing than wearing .. back to Udon city and most people are wearing them .. so village town city .. more people head count or others see others wearing them and follow suit to be seen to be taking it seriously whilst not really understanding if the mask is actually assisting them or those around them.

From what i ve seen in the last 2 or 3 days both rural town and city it seems still everything is pretty normal .. lighter traffic yesterday and no check points en route.. last night ring road totally dead near airport from 8pm on wards.

Back to masks .. i would choose to wear one if i venture out the office into a populated area ie town center .. hard to find yes outside bkk ..but fortunately we were sent some up from Bkk.

As echoed by many .. to ALL .. stay safe n takecare just take a look at Italy Spain UK US ..this is serious sh8t and its possible Thailand is in stage 1 and it could go either way.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » March 28, 2020, 10:00 am

saint wrote:
March 28, 2020, 9:33 am
Our village like many others are making masks
here they are free
some material was supplied by local government
some supplied by local farang me
Everyone that comes to my house wears a mask
Okay wife does local community paper work from home
So maybe they are showing her respect

BillaRickaDickay
udonmap.com

Post by BillaRickaDickay » March 28, 2020, 1:02 pm

Back in the Uk now, got out just in time I think, very rarely see a mask. [Redacted]
When I left 3 weeks ago 90% of travellers and all staff at Swampy were wearing them.
Remains to be seen which country's population made the correct decision.
He's got his little y-fronts and he's got his little vest, Chaz Jankel, 1998. Mash it up Harry.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » March 29, 2020, 11:12 am

with the crappy AQI in Udon for the last week why would anybody with masks not wear one when out and about?? The air is filthy.. I'll grant the masks used are not N95 and won't be particularly effective against 2.5 micron particles but they will get part of it and that's gotta help your lungs..
Dave

maxeboy
udonmap.com

Post by maxeboy » March 29, 2020, 12:10 pm

Exactely because of the terrible air quality we should use the masks.

Kind regards from
maxeboy. =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
GreatDane born free taxed into slavery

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » March 29, 2020, 12:36 pm

If someone has been smoking for 40 or 50 years I hardly think a day or two wearing a mask for bad air quality is gonna have a lot of effect on their lungs

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » March 29, 2020, 2:54 pm

well I never smoked and I've got other lung problems so a mask both for minimal protection from COVID and to get some of the crappy air out of my lungs is necessary..
Dave

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » March 29, 2020, 4:29 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
March 29, 2020, 12:36 pm
If someone has been smoking for 40 or 50 years I hardly think a day or two wearing a mask for bad air quality is gonna have a lot of effect on their lungs
but it has got to better than not

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » March 29, 2020, 4:50 pm

noosard wrote:
March 29, 2020, 4:29 pm
stattointhailand wrote:
March 29, 2020, 12:36 pm
but it has got to better than not
After watching the youtube vid posted by SFG i fully get the mask issue .. and the positives for wearing one .

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » March 29, 2020, 5:13 pm

Tesco Lotus Extra this lunchtime... very quiet... but everyone was wearing a mask without exception...
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » March 29, 2020, 6:21 pm

Perched in my ivory tower overlooking the village people in my soi. Actually only 5 houses including mine nearby, today not much activity but zero mask except for the most likely carrier, the ice cream man. He does 2 visits a day and must come into contact with hundreds during his rounds over the week.
Young one is barred from racing out for her frozen delight and my cornetto. Tough times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » March 30, 2020, 5:15 am

Barney wrote:
March 29, 2020, 6:21 pm
Perched in my ivory tower overlooking the village people in my soi. Actually only 5 houses including mine nearby, today not much activity but zero mask except for the most likely carrier, the ice cream man. He does 2 visits a day and must come into contact with hundreds during his rounds over the week.
Young one is barred from racing out for her frozen delight and my cornetto. Tough times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used to get ice cream off these people then saw them peeing in the fields a few times and come back to their bikes to serve, I never once saw them wash their hands. In fact we see it so often we actually call them pissy fingers ice cream men.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 30, 2020, 11:44 am

vincemunday wrote:
March 30, 2020, 5:15 am

I used to get ice cream off these people then saw them peeing in the fields a few times and come back to their bikes to serve, I never once saw them wash their hands. In fact we see it so often we actually call them pissy fingers ice cream men.
When ya gotta go, ya gotta go.

Unless you're an old-school hand-scooped cornet kinda guy, the ice creams are mostly vacuum packed anyway. As for the money you dig from your pocket to pay for it, I reckon there's more than "pissy fingers ice cream men" have handled that. Think about the "pissy fingered cashier" at Tesco-Lotus or the "pissy fingered dek pump" at the PTT. How about the unfortunate "------ fingered" individual who may have been unexpectedly bum-gun compromised?

I will note that Mrs tam's oldest niece, who works for Big C, has been the most fastidious when it comes to the hand-washing regimen at home. I noted that their cashiers are also wearing the nitrile gloves so that, along with the niece's sudden hand cleanliness, would indicate a solid, corporate push at Big C towards health and hygiene. I doubt it would take much to instill this discipline in a Thai workforce. How many here recall how precise and rote the floor workers at the former Carrefour used to do their little song and dance routine every afternoon at 4 PM?

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”