wrong mail

General Udon Thani topics only!
Rono
udonmap.com

wrong mail

Post by Rono » March 30, 2020, 5:21 pm

I do not know if this is the right place or the right way to do this, but here's the thing. Today I got a letter in my box , but it is not mine. The address is almost like mine, only 1 number less and it is for a foreigner. Maybe that's why the mailman just dropped it here. I do not know how important this is for the addressee. It is from "Deutsche Rentenversicherung" fur einen Burkhard K. If he himself sees this or anyone who knows Burkhard, sent me a PM and we can discuss the handover. Just proof you are burkhard and that's it. Otherwise tomorrow or the day after I will give it back to the post office and they will probably send it back. Hope I am doing the right thing

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Re: wrong mail

Post by Doodoo » March 30, 2020, 5:38 pm

Best to give back to Thai Post and stay clear of it

laksnrub
udonmap.com

Post by laksnrub » March 30, 2020, 5:47 pm

Keep it for a few day so people can pass the word around
Quality is best done first

Isaanfarang
udonmap.com

Post by Isaanfarang » March 30, 2020, 6:09 pm

The letter obviously comes from the German pension insurance and can be very important for the recipient. If there is a request in the letter and he does not answer it, his monthly pension might be blocked and that is the most worst case ever, you all know that!
Did you try to find his name on Facebook or other social media?
Thai post is not very smart. Since I moved to my new location not far from the airport I NEVER got any mail to my home. I let friends from Pattaya send letters to me and I never received one. Then my son sent me a registered mail from Germany and he wrote the phone number of my wife below the address. I could track the letter and indeed one day a postman called my wife and asked her where we are living!

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » March 30, 2020, 6:13 pm

Surely if you know the number of the house, plus it must be not that far from yours, then be kind and deliver it, it is probably a Alive certificate requirement, not returned presumed dead. So a good way would be to deliver it surely .

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » March 30, 2020, 7:49 pm

Take it to the post office and tell them the letter looks important. It's their job to deliver it.

Rono
udonmap.com

Post by Rono » March 30, 2020, 9:06 pm

many different persons many different answers. I'l see what I will do. Btw Khun Paul the number is 39 M and mine is 439 M. And you know house nrs in the moobaan are just randomly chosen, so no logic in there to trace it back. Anyway thanks for weighing in. I hope it is not a letter with an ultimate answering date, like someone suggested. Anyway, thank guys for your suggestions

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » March 31, 2020, 7:42 am

Try the Headman, after all he is supposed to know everyone !

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » March 31, 2020, 10:31 am

Khun Paul wrote:
March 30, 2020, 6:13 pm
Surely if you know the number of the house, plus it must be not that far from yours, then be kind and deliver it, it is probably a Alive certificate requirement, not returned presumed dead. So a good way would be to deliver it surely .
House numbers are assigned in the order the house was Registered so knowing the number of the house unless all the houses have numbers on them (and a lot don’t ) is not always that easy
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » March 31, 2020, 11:04 am

The numbering system is just plain weird ! Years ago when we registered this house and asked for a house number at the ampher office .
The lady serving us brought out a book of vacant house numbers for the Banjan area , and said pick what number you want .
So postmen have to be rocket scientists to find their way around . Sadly many arent .

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » March 31, 2020, 11:21 am

saint wrote:
March 31, 2020, 11:04 am
The numbering system is just plain weird ! Years ago when we registered this house and asked for a house number at the ampher office .
The lady serving us brought out a book of vacant house numbers for the Banjan area , and said pick what number you want .
So postmen have to be rocket scientists to find their way around . Sadly many arent .
That would probably have been because the available numbers were for houses that had been demolished and not rebuilt.

The numbering system is the same in Japan although there you also have block numbers and often area numbers that usually makes things a little less random.

I well remember the time that I had to abandon a delivery and return it to the office as I was unable to find the address even though I had to be within 100 meters of it, and had spent 15 minutes going round and round.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » March 31, 2020, 11:31 am

Yes maybe , they certainly were not consecutive . I still found it odd .
Funnily enough when my neighbour built and registered his house a few years later , they gave him my number , forward slash one .

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 31, 2020, 12:29 pm

glalt wrote:
March 30, 2020, 7:49 pm
Take it to the post office and tell them the letter looks important. It's their job to deliver it.
Too hard. This is the same post office that misdirected it in the first place.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 31, 2020, 12:30 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
March 31, 2020, 7:42 am
Try the Headman, after all he is supposed to know everyone !
That's a good idea. If anyone should know if there's another foreigner in the moobahn, he/she would be the one.

Rono
udonmap.com

Post by Rono » March 31, 2020, 4:45 pm

Okay "all well that ends well.
Khun Paul, as you suggested, I went to the Phu yai Baan, a few 100 mtrs. further up the road. He has an old worn down, but accurate, hand drafted map, with all house nrs. in this moobaan. So within a minute he pointed out nr 39, and I could hand over the letter. Thanks again

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 31, 2020, 7:25 pm

Excellent teamwork!

Did Burkhard K. say thanks?

bayernpezi

Post by bayernpezi » April 1, 2020, 8:53 am

hallo Rono

on this post you can see that there are also good people. without this letter he would not have received a pension from september.
some would have thrown away the writing. but he asked until someone said im the good solution.
So you see that there are people who help you even in bad times =D>

many Germans in udon thank you gruss da pezi

Isaanfarang
udonmap.com

Post by Isaanfarang » April 1, 2020, 1:02 pm

@ Rono
Many thanks for your successful effort to find the right letter recipient. You saved him from big problems and I guess he knows that. :-D

NongKhaiLee
udonmap.com

Post by NongKhaiLee » April 2, 2020, 8:16 am

saint wrote:
Our house and one other house have the same number, so occasionally we recieve their mail and give it back to the post office, but this leaves me wondering if they do the same. When I asked at the post office how to fix this problem, they said "that would be very hard", also the Tetsaban said, "that might be impossible to fix"

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » April 2, 2020, 11:17 am

NongKhaiLee wrote:
April 2, 2020, 8:16 am
saint wrote:
Our house and one other house have the same number, so occasionally we recieve their mail and give it back to the post office, but this leaves me wondering if they do the same. When I asked at the post office how to fix this problem, they said "that would be very hard", also the Tetsaban said, "that might be impossible to fix"

Get a Post Box in a local Post Office , problem solved

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”