Visa Extension

Here is where we will consolidate all information about Thai visas and work permits (as they are closely related to the type and availability of your visa).
Tom & Jee
udonmap.com

Re: Visa Extension

Post by Tom & Jee » March 26, 2020, 12:53 pm

Thanks for the info. Please tell me how it goes on Monday. Thank you very much

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » March 27, 2020, 7:48 am

sometimewoodworker wrote:
March 26, 2020, 11:21 am
dragonz wrote:
March 26, 2020, 10:46 am
sometimewoodworker wrote:
March 20, 2020, 7:24 pm
dragonz wrote:
March 20, 2020, 5:01 pm
I went for my 12 month marraige extension a few days ago . I renewed the kor sor 22 2 weeks before when i was in udon as the government website stated had to be within 6 months but udon imm but udon said had to be within 7 days so back to the office for a new one.
Also a new one my visa run out 28 march and was under consideration until 20 april they made me do a new 90 day reporting but it runs out on 11 april which was my last one ? Never had to do a 90 day repeort 3 weeks after i applied for extension and while i was under consideration . so went for my visa 13 march , have to do 90 day report 11 april and get my extension 28 april ?>
the regular reporting AKA "90 day" report back dates get quite strange around renewal time, virtually never 90 days.
Still cannot get my head around this . I always go for my visa beginning of march , get under consideration until 28 april . My 90 day report always run out middle of april but i never go as i have no extension until 28 ap . never said anything before . This year go for my extension on 13 mar was told to renew my 90 day as i had done it online and would run out 11 april but all they did was put a piece of paper in my passport saying report 11 april .Seems dumb if i am there on 13 mar and 28 april to have to report 11 april ? Will not be able to do online reporting as i do not have a visa extension ??
You can only try.

My guess is that you can not as the extension date is in the Data Base but probably the under consideration date is not.

If you try do please post successful or not.
Will try next week . I think they just confuse themselves . When the girl doing my extension seen the online reporting paper i printed out she told me go to the reporting desk and get a new one but the woman just gave me a piece of paper telling me to come when the original run out 11 april so was not a new one . I went back in and seen the guy who usually does the 90 day reporting and he did not understand it and just shrugged his shoulders . I thing if they had not seen the online report they would have said nothing same as usual

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 28, 2020, 12:17 am

Since the Consulate in Savannakhet stopped accepting Non-O visa applications without a 'health certificate' the morning I applied last week, I struck out on getting the 1-year multi-entry Non-O I needed to ride out the current ---- storm. I returned getting another 30-day visa-exempt entry.

As I am married with family here, I understand that I may be eligible for a 60-day extension for 'visiting family'? If anyone has gone down that route before, what paperwork did they need?

I would assume my passport, scans of it, some application form filled in, passport pictures, the wedding cert + the kor ror 22 (not more than 7 days old), Mrs tam's ID card, blue book and her good self + time and money? Do they still need the map and pictures and witnesses and all that hokum?

Edit: Just went back and re-read the OP who was after the same 60-day extension as I will be and Immigration wanted that certificate of name change or Kor Ror 5. Looks similar to the wedding cert but has a green fancy border. The lady who does the paperwork check before submitting at Savannakhet said that some Non-O applicants were being asked for that as well but it wasn't consistent.

Anyway, Mrs tam never got one but knows of its existence so as long as the amphurs computers are online next month, should be obtainable the same time as the kor ror 22... maybe.

Ta
tam
kor ror 5.jpg

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » March 28, 2020, 7:25 am

tamada wrote:
March 28, 2020, 12:17 am

As I am married with family here, I understand that I may be eligible for a 60-day extension for 'visiting family'? If anyone has gone down that route before, what paperwork did they need?

I would assume my passport, scans of it, some application form filled in, passport pictures, the wedding cert + the kor ror 22 (not more than 7 days old), Mrs tam's ID card, blue book and her good self + time and money? Do they still need the map and pictures and witnesses and all that hokum?
B9679248-5AC7-4BE9-96A0-C9F6400CDB3F.jpeg
No map, no pictures apart from the usual one on the application
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » March 28, 2020, 9:40 am

Hopefully not doomed to fall on deaf ears - a good editorial from the Bangkok Post.
End tourist paper chase

Having invoked the Emergency Decree, the government's message to the people is clear: Stay home and minimise physical contact to contain the spread of the coronavirus. But the Immigration Bureau's message to tourists stranded in the country suggests otherwise as they are still required to come to extend their visa in person at its offices........

.......... As the virus continues to spread unabated, the bureau should let tourists extend their visas online. At the moment, it is Covid-19 that is posing a national security threat -- not stranded tourists.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/opinion/opi ... aper-chase

joudon
udonmap.com

Post by joudon » March 28, 2020, 9:52 am

A couple of friends of mine who need to get extensions to visas went to immigration yesterday, one with a letter from the Norwegian embassy and one with a fax from UK agency saying letter on way. I will not detail here exactly what happened , but not pleasant and involved money.

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » March 28, 2020, 9:58 am

joudon wrote:
March 28, 2020, 9:52 am
A couple of friends of mine who need to get extensions to visas went to immigration yesterday, one with a letter from the Norwegian embassy and one with a fax from UK agency saying letter on way. I will not detail here exactly what happened , but not pleasant and involved money.
Money !!!! Im shocked and stunned . Who would of thought . :-k

joudon
udonmap.com

Post by joudon » March 28, 2020, 10:26 am

I toned down the post GREATLY for obvious reasons. Money has always been part of the equation but it looks like this virus is like all their christmas's have come at once.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 28, 2020, 10:54 am

^ Don't forget the all-important anti-corruption hot-line to report extortion by government workers.

In previous instances, applicants may have been reticent to do so out of fear of imperiling their right to stay and paid whatever was demanded. Due to the travel and repatriation restrictions in place right now, certain immigration offices could be seen as forcing individuals to stay illegally, even the ones that have all the officially required documents and those who do not wish to use an agent.

anefarious1
udonmap.com

Post by anefarious1 » March 30, 2020, 12:24 pm

Tried to do a year extension on my visa based on marriage today. Udon immigration is swamped with mostly Lao people needing services. They have a tent setup outside with chairs spaced out, but the scene is still unnerving. I took my number in the queue and waited about an hour. When my turn came I went inside, but after they saw that my current extension doesn't expire until April 27th they told me to come back after Songkran. So why did I wait? Why not inform upon check-in that they aren't doing these extension unless inside of 1 or 2 weeks? And things are only going to get worse so I don't understand the logic but then I realized where I am. Not happy.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » March 30, 2020, 4:06 pm

Understand according to Thai Visa, Immi9rgration has already tabled a motion to the Cabinet for all Foreigners to be extended to June 30 if required, thereby reducing the queues . They are waiting for a decision, pigs might fly as well together with the Pink elephants

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » March 30, 2020, 6:57 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
March 30, 2020, 4:06 pm
Understand according to Thai Visa, Immi9rgration has already tabled a motion to the Cabinet for all Foreigners to be extended to June 30 if required, thereby reducing the queues . They are waiting for a decision, pigs might fly as well together with the Pink elephants
The devil will be in the details.

There are ways in which it could be a really great help to the immigration officers and us thought I won’t be holding my breath for them to actually happen.

There is not much point in guessing what the reality will be as you will be virtually guaranteed to be disappointed.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » March 30, 2020, 7:22 pm

You are correct, woody ....... ignorant speculation is never helpful.

Let's see what eventuates.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » March 31, 2020, 3:26 pm

tamada wrote:
March 28, 2020, 10:54 am
^ Don't forget the all-important anti-corruption hot-line to report extortion by government workers.

In previous instances, applicants may have been reticent to do so out of fear of imperiling their right to stay and paid whatever was demanded. Due to the travel and repatriation restrictions in place right now, certain immigration offices could be seen as forcing individuals to stay illegally, even the ones that have all the officially required documents and those who do not wish to use an agent.
Does anyone know what the anti-corruption number is.

I am currently on a 60 day visiting family visa extension that expires May 21st, and I am quite concerned, the only reason I did not leave the country was because I didn't want to leave my family behind at this time. I have been in touch with my embassy and they said they would be able to write me letter in early May, this initially put my mind at ease, but now I hear that Immigration is taking advantage of people in these difficult times.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » March 31, 2020, 3:57 pm

joudon wrote:
March 28, 2020, 10:26 am
I toned down the post GREATLY for obvious reasons. Money has always been part of the equation but it looks like this virus is like all their christmas's have come at once.
Could you please send me a private message with more details, I would like to know what I may encounter. Thanks very much.

tutone
udonmap.com

Post by tutone » March 31, 2020, 5:07 pm

newtovillagelife wrote:
March 31, 2020, 3:26 pm
tamada wrote:

I am currently on a 60 day visiting family visa extension that expires May 21st, and I am quite concerned, the only reason I did not leave the country was because I didn't want to leave my family behind at this time. I have been in touch with my embassy and they said they would be able to write me letter in early May, this initially put my mind at ease, but now I hear that Immigration is taking advantage of people in these difficult times.
https://www.thailand-business-news.com/ ... years.html

pal52
udonmap.com

Post by pal52 » March 31, 2020, 6:14 pm

tutone wrote:
March 31, 2020, 5:07 pm
newtovillagelife wrote:
March 31, 2020, 3:26 pm
tamada wrote:

https://www.thailand-business-news.com/ ... years.html
Are you sure the Hotline & address are still current.
Your post gives info from 9 months ago.
A lot has happened since then but I hope the information is correct.

[b]When the term of the NCPO expires in accordance with the Constitution, the operation of the complaint centers will also be terminated.

[/b]

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » March 31, 2020, 6:30 pm

Just a heads up.
It seems that several immigration offices may be using the “under consideration” stamps For your 30 day embassy’s requested extension rather than anything else. This is no problem as the existence of that report back date is a de facto extension and overrides the expiration date on your permission to stay. It may be beneficial as that stamp is smaller than most other extension stamps.

However in my opinion the report back date is firm unless you have left the country.

This is different from the usual use of the stamp where, if your extension is taking longer to process than the report back date you do not need to go back to immigration to extend the period.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 31, 2020, 6:42 pm

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 31, 2020, 6:46 pm

Danish chap that's on his seasonal pre-Songkran visit to Udon got 'trapped' here. The generous people at Udon Immigration gave him an 8 day extension and charged 2000 baht (paid 1900 but they kept the change). This on top of the drip-feed extensions that they have been steadily pocketing 1900 baht for. He hopes to get the letter from the Danish Embassy this week and at least get a 30-day stay of execu... sorry, extension.

Return to “Thailand Visa & Immigration Information”