Visa Extension

Here is where we will consolidate all information about Thai visas and work permits (as they are closely related to the type and availability of your visa).
747man
udonmap.com

Re: Visa Extension

Post by 747man » March 31, 2020, 6:53 pm

tamada wrote:
March 31, 2020, 6:46 pm
Danish chap that's on his seasonal pre-Songkran visit to Udon got 'trapped' here. The generous people at Udon Immigration gave him an 8 day extension and charged 2000 baht (paid 1900 but they kept the change). This on top of the drip-feed extensions that they have been steadily pocketing 1900 baht for. He hopes to get the letter from the Danish Embassy this week and at least get a 30-day stay of execu... sorry, extension.
Vince, That's Why when I Go to get My Extension at NK,I'm Gonna pay for it in 20 Baht Notes the whole 1900 Baht... :-" :-" :-"

pal52
udonmap.com

Post by pal52 » March 31, 2020, 7:09 pm

747man wrote:
March 31, 2020, 6:53 pm
tamada wrote:
Danish chap that's on his seasonal pre-Songkran visit to Udon got 'trapped' here. The generous people at Udon Immigration gave him an 8 day extension and charged 2000 baht (paid 1900 but they kept the change). This on top of the drip-feed extensions that they have been steadily pocketing 1900 baht for. He hopes to get the letter from the Danish Embassy this week and at least get a 30-day stay of execu... sorry, extension.
Vince, That's Why when I Go to get My Extension at NK,I'm Gonna pay for it in 20 Baht Notes the whole 1900 Baht... :-" :-" :-"
Yes of course you are but address your reply to Tamada.
Vince has never posted on this thread :D :D :D :-" :-" :-"

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » March 31, 2020, 7:33 pm

pal52 wrote:
March 31, 2020, 7:09 pm
747man wrote:
tamada wrote:
STOP Bullying Me, It IS My Birthday Afterall... \:D/ \:D/

pal52
udonmap.com

Post by pal52 » March 31, 2020, 7:44 pm

747man wrote:
March 31, 2020, 7:33 pm
pal52 wrote:
March 31, 2020, 7:09 pm
747man wrote:
tamada wrote:
STOP Bullying Me, It IS My Birthday Afterall... \:D/ \:D/
Well that explains everything.
Happy Birthday and have another drink on me.

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » April 1, 2020, 6:15 am

newtovillagelife wrote:
March 31, 2020, 3:26 pm
tamada wrote:
March 28, 2020, 10:54 am
^ Don't forget the all-important anti-corruption hot-line to report extortion by government workers.

In previous instances, applicants may have been reticent to do so out of fear of imperiling their right to stay and paid whatever was demanded. Due to the travel and repatriation restrictions in place right now, certain immigration offices could be seen as forcing individuals to stay illegally, even the ones that have all the officially required documents and those who do not wish to use an agent.
Does anyone know what the anti-corruption number is.

I am currently on a 60 day visiting family visa extension that expires May 21st, and I am quite concerned, the only reason I did not leave the country was because I didn't want to leave my family behind at this time. I have been in touch with my embassy and they said they would be able to write me letter in early May, this initially put my mind at ease, but now I hear that Immigration is taking advantage of people in these difficult times.
Immigration taking advantage of people in these difficult times . No . that cant be true .
General Flipflop made it perfectly clear anyone profiteering from this crisis would be dealt with and prosecuted .

tutone
udonmap.com

Post by tutone » April 1, 2020, 6:23 am

pal52 wrote:
March 31, 2020, 6:14 pm
tutone wrote:
March 31, 2020, 5:07 pm
newtovillagelife wrote:
tamada wrote:
^ Don't forget the all-important anti-corruption hot-line to report extortion by government workers.

In previous instances, applicants may have been reticent to do so out of fear of imperiling their right to stay and paid whatever was demanded. Due to the travel and repatriation restrictions in place right now, certain immigration offices could be seen as forcing individuals to stay illegally, even the ones that have all the officially required documents and those who do not wish to use an agent.

I am currently on a 60 day visiting family visa extension that expires May 21st, and I am quite concerned, the only reason I did not leave the country was because I didn't want to leave my family behind at this time. I have been in touch with my embassy and they said they would be able to write me letter in early May, this initially put my mind at ease, but now I hear that Immigration is taking advantage of people in these difficult times.
https://www.thailand-business-news.com/ ... years.html
Are you sure the Hotline & address are still current.
Your post gives info from 9 months ago.
A lot has happened since then but I hope the information is correct.

[b]When the term of the NCPO expires in accordance with the Constitution, the operation of the complaint centers will also be terminated.

[/b]
Not sure of anything these days. Here's another link. I suppose you could try the number to see if it works.
https://www.nacc.go.th/english/contact

chopperjoey
udonmap.com

Post by chopperjoey » April 1, 2020, 7:26 am

tutone wrote:
April 1, 2020, 6:23 am
pal52 wrote:
March 31, 2020, 6:14 pm
tutone wrote:
March 31, 2020, 5:07 pm
newtovillagelife wrote:
tamada wrote:

https://www.thailand-business-news.com/ ... years.html
Are you sure the Hotline & address are still current.
Your post gives info from 9 months ago.
A lot has happened since then but I hope the information is correct.

[b]When the term of the NCPO expires in accordance with the Constitution, the operation of the complaint centers will also be terminated.

[/b]
Not sure of anything these days. Here's another link. I suppose you could try the number to see if it works.
https://www.nacc.go.th/english/contact
p

i am slightly confused.

visitors to Thailand are overstaying bc of the crisis and apply and get an extension of stay and have to pay a fee for that. and...because...immigration.....doesnt.......give....it....for....free....they are corrupt.

So in short, never mind that immigration is also dealing with the crisis working overtime everybody dealing with loads of extra (annoying and complaining) foreigners, "we" demand they work this extra work all for free for "us". If not, the farang will call the Corruption Hotline. "i have to pay a fee for an extension of stay!"

good grief, you cant make that sh#t up

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » April 1, 2020, 7:40 am

chopperjoey wrote:
April 1, 2020, 7:26 am

i am slightly confused.

visitors to Thailand are overstaying bc of the crisis and apply and get an extension of stay and have to pay a fee for that. and...because...immigration.....doesnt.......give....it....for....free....they are corrupt.

So in short, never mind that immigration is also dealing with the crisis working overtime everybody dealing with loads of extra (annoying and complaining) foreigners, "we" demand they work this extra work all for free for "us". If not, the farang will call the Corruption Hotline. "i have to pay a fee for an extension of stay!"

good grief, you cant make that sh#t up
If charged 1900 for a 30 day stamp assuming that they have required documents
Or 1900 for a 7 day stamp (refusal) if they do not have the correct documents

Then no, it is not corrupt

If posting about the above charges as wrong then they belong in https://www.reddit.com/r/ChoosingBeggars/new/

It seems that larger amounts are possibly being required, maybe due to incorrect documentation, to get a 30 day stamp.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 1, 2020, 8:31 am

The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 1, 2020, 8:39 am

vincemunday wrote:
April 1, 2020, 8:31 am
A message from Thai Immigration

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/immi ... -your-visa
Business colleague in Bkk highlighted me to these scam emails ref visa extentions yesterday.. he had received such an email the day before.

After reading the link .. the pic in the link ?? social distancing ?? .. masks ?? :shock: :?
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » April 1, 2020, 10:52 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
April 1, 2020, 8:39 am
vincemunday wrote:
April 1, 2020, 8:31 am
A message from Thai Immigration

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/immi ... -your-visa
Business colleague in Bkk highlighted me to these scam emails ref visa extentions yesterday.. he had received such an email the day before.

After reading the link .. the pic in the link ?? social distancing ?? .. masks ?? :shock: :?
officers say fraudsters have been going online on Facebook and other social media platforms telling gullible users there’s no need to go to an immigration office for a visa extension, that it can all be done for you for a fee of 1200 baht.
“You should understand that the fee needs at leat 1 more zero if your paperwork is good and maybe up to 2 more if not, to be genuine” said a gentleman wearing the same clothes and adornments as the other 4 in the photograph. :lol:

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 1, 2020, 12:53 pm

BREAKING NEWS: The PM is aware of long queues at Immigration and there is now a plan to grant automatic extension to visas for tourists who arrived in #Thailand after 1st March. More details soon. Here’s the announcement.

What we know so far:
🔸It’s in the pipeline to grant automatic extension of stay
🔸Proposal approved by cabinet on Tuesday
🔸Waiting for announcement to implement it
🔸This is for people with tourist visas who arrived after 1 March
🔸Other people still need to go to Immigration

‪#ไวรัสโคโรน่า #coronavirus‬ #COVID19 #Thailand
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

automatic renewal of tourist visas for visitors who arrived in Thailand after March 1

Post by sometimewoodworker » April 1, 2020, 6:23 pm

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha is concerned that foreigners seeking visa extensions are gathering in their hundreds at Immigration offices each day, said the Foreign Affairs Ministry on Wednesday (April 1).
Deputy ministry spokesman Natapanu Nopakun said the cabinet has responded with a move to grant automatic renewal of tourist visas for visitors who arrived in Thailand after March 1. The proposal was approved by the cabinet on Tuesday (March 31) and is set to be officially announced. People who hold other types of visa still need to go visit the Immigration office for extensions.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » April 1, 2020, 7:47 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
March 30, 2020, 4:06 pm
Understand according to Thai Visa, Immi9rgration has already tabled a motion to the Cabinet for all Foreigners to be extended to June 30 if required, thereby reducing the queues . They are waiting for a decision, pigs might fly as well together with the Pink elephants
Oh dear!
automatic renewal of tourist visas for visitors who arrived in Thailand after March 1

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha is concerned that foreigners seeking visa extensions are gathering in their hundreds at Immigration offices each day, said the Foreign Affairs Ministry on Wednesday (April 1).
Deputy ministry spokesman Natapanu Nopakun said the cabinet has responded with a move to grant automatic renewal of tourist visas for visitors who arrived in Thailand after March 1. The proposal was approved by the cabinet on Tuesday (March 31) and is set to be officially announced. People who hold other types of visa still need to go visit the Immigration office for extensions.
As a wise scribe suggested a couple of days ago:
You are correct, woody ....... ignorant speculation is never helpful.

Let's see what eventuates.

chopperjoey
udonmap.com

Post by chopperjoey » April 1, 2020, 10:00 pm

saint wrote:
April 1, 2020, 6:15 am
newtovillagelife wrote:
tamada wrote:

Immigration taking advantage of people in these difficult times . No . that cant be true .
General Flipflop made it perfectly clear anyone profiteering from this crisis would be dealt with and prosecuted .
general Flipflop just gave tourists an extended visa. so much for the conspiracy theory that Thai officials are taking advantage and profit from this crisis at the expense of westerners.
if you can ridicule a person, "general Flipflop", you also should be able to thank a person if that person makes a good decision. Come on, say it loud, "thank you Prime Minister for auromatically extending visa for stranded tourists."

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » April 2, 2020, 9:44 am

I think the reason Prayut had to act was some immigration offices were demanding similar sort of documentation for the 60 day tourist extensions as you need for a marriage extension! (letter from embassy,print of email confirming letter, map,3 photos of applicant at accommodation, proof of hotel or accommodation booking, and have to bring owner with you to immigration). If you couldn't provide, no extension so on overstay. A lot of complaints on Thaivisa.

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » April 2, 2020, 10:19 am

chopperjoey wrote:
April 1, 2020, 10:00 pm
saint wrote:
April 1, 2020, 6:15 am
newtovillagelife wrote:
tamada wrote:

general Flipflop just gave tourists an extended visa. so much for the conspiracy theory that Thai officials are taking advantage and profit from this crisis at the expense of westerners.
if you can ridicule a person, "general Flipflop", you also should be able to thank a person if that person makes a good decision. Come on, say it loud, "thank you Prime Minister for auromatically extending visa for stranded tourists."
Yes , hes doing a fantastic job , as he has for the past 6 years or whatever . The man of the people , Tip Top .

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » April 2, 2020, 10:35 am

Credit where credit is due ... Went to immigration this morning early doors . Got there about 8.20 and my heart sank when i saw a crowd of at least 40 people , many of them Asians . Not a racist comment , just an observation .
At 8.30 on the dot the guy who usually wears the neck brace came out and told everyone to sit facing the door at least 2 meters from the person next to you . Those that did not respond were told again .
A couple of ladies come out with appointment cards and started checking peoples passports to see what they were there for and issued said cards .
Neck brace guy starts walking up the line checking temperatures , sticking a coloured sticker on you to prove youve been checked .
When the ticket ladies got to me and saw i only needed the second stamp for my marriage visa , one walks into the office with my passport .
She reemerged about 5 minutes later with my passport dully stamped .
I could not of been happier . In and out in about 20 minutes .
From what i observed they were letting people into the office in threes , but there was adequate seating outside , although the awning did not cover my sitting area , but being early , not too hot .
On the whole a well organised system , and i was impressed . =D> =D>

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » April 2, 2020, 12:43 pm

joudon wrote:
March 28, 2020, 9:52 am
A couple of friends of mine who need to get extensions to visas went to immigration yesterday, one with a letter from the Norwegian embassy and one with a fax from UK agency saying letter on way. I will not detail here exactly what happened , but not pleasant and involved money.
Just had an almost first hand report of similar, for a UK citizen looking for a 60 day extension.

Letter required from the Embassy; or go round the back with a wad of cash. 8)

anefarious1
udonmap.com

Post by anefarious1 » April 2, 2020, 1:27 pm

saint wrote:
April 2, 2020, 10:35 am
Credit where credit is due ... Went to immigration this morning early doors . Got there about 8.20 and my heart sank when i saw a crowd of at least 40 people , many of them Asians . Not a racist comment , just an observation .
At 8.30 on the dot the guy who usually wears the neck brace came out and told everyone to sit facing the door at least 2 meters from the person next to you . Those that did not respond were told again .
A couple of ladies come out with appointment cards and started checking peoples passports to see what they were there for and issued said cards .
Neck brace guy starts walking up the line checking temperatures , sticking a coloured sticker on you to prove youve been checked .
When the ticket ladies got to me and saw i only needed the second stamp for my marriage visa , one walks into the office with my passport .
She reemerged about 5 minutes later with my passport dully stamped .
I could not of been happier . In and out in about 20 minutes .
From what i observed they were letting people into the office in threes , but there was adequate seating outside , although the awning did not cover my sitting area , but being early , not too hot .
On the whole a well organised system , and i was impressed . =D> =D>
You got lucky. A well organised system? It's a view based on your individual experience as I'm sure you will agree.

Return to “Thailand Visa & Immigration Information”