Covid-19 no more lethal than FLU

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Covid-19 no more lethal than FLU

Post by RLTrader » April 19, 2020, 7:42 am

By Peter Andrews, Irish science journalist and writer based in London. He has a background in the life sciences, and graduated from the University of Glasgow with a degree in genetics.
A Stanford University blood sample study published this week put the COVID-19 mortality rate at 0.14% or less, meaning 14 deaths or fewer per 10,000 people infected

Results were based on data from Santa Clara County in California - a small sample size - but if they hold up around the world, it means that millions were likely infected with the novel #coronavirus, but its lethality is about the same as that of the seasonal flu
If the findings — which have yet to be peer reviewed — are sound, then it takes yet another thick slice off the mortality rate of Covid-19. It would now be something under 0.14 percent, putting it on a par with, or even lower than, the seasonal flu. Hence the good news.

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Covid-19 no more lethal than FLU

Post by tamada » April 19, 2020, 7:54 am

Nothing good about ANOTHER thread rehashing the same rather frail perceptions. I mean who were all these dead people or what was in all those Chinese body bags and Italian coffins?

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » April 19, 2020, 9:23 am

Dr. Jay Bhattacharya rears his head again.

So even if true, it means the COVID 19 flu is between 50 and 80 times more infectious than we thought, that is 500 to 800 times more infectious than SARS, and a gazillion times more infectious than the common flu. So what is the end result, it is really, really incredibly infectious so a lot of people will die, or it is only highly infectious and a lot of people will die.

Either premise means it is way more dangerous than the common flu as the number of deaths speaks volumes.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » April 19, 2020, 2:05 pm

RLTrader wrote:
April 19, 2020, 7:42 am
By Peter Andrews, Irish science journalist and writer based in London. He has a background in the life sciences, and graduated from the University of Glasgow with a degree in genetics.
A Stanford University blood sample study published this week put the COVID-19 mortality rate at 0.14% or less, meaning 14 deaths or fewer per 10,000 people infected

Results were based on data from Santa Clara County in California - a small sample size - but if they hold up around the world, it means that millions were likely infected with the novel #coronavirus, but its lethality is about the same as that of the seasonal flu
If the findings — which have yet to be peer reviewed — are sound, then it takes yet another thick slice off the mortality rate of Covid-19. It would now be something under 0.14 percent, putting it on a par with, or even lower than, the seasonal flu. Hence the good news.
Obviously highly unlikely.. If this was true, Italy, France, Spain and the UK would have to have infection rates of 40% or so in the population. And the deaths are still clocking up.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » April 19, 2020, 4:52 pm

Maybe a lot of the deaths are from another cause but it is being put down as covid 19 on the death certificate???

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » April 19, 2020, 5:04 pm

Correct Bob

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » April 19, 2020, 5:13 pm

fatbob wrote:
April 19, 2020, 4:52 pm
Maybe a lot of the deaths are from another cause but it is being put down as covid 19 on the death certificate???
Maybe? Maybe? Maybe? wow that is pure speculation.

If it has marked as a COVID death, it would only be done so after testing, not a guess. Do you have any information to back that speculation?

In fact it is the reverse, many COVID deaths are not recorded as such

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... ncomplete/
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » April 19, 2020, 5:28 pm

Whistler wrote:
April 19, 2020, 5:13 pm
fatbob wrote:
April 19, 2020, 4:52 pm
Maybe? Maybe? Maybe? wow that is pure speculation.

If it has marked as a COVID death, it would only be done so after testing, not a guess. Do you have any information to back that speculation?

In fact it is the reverse, many COVID deaths are not recorded as such

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... ncomplete/
Your set in your ways and it seems very ignorant to any form of discussion, for me the death rate seems to be the same as the normal flu rate, have a listen to what this nurse has to say, someone on the front line. Aus has 65 dead, not so many here, dosen't seem like a deadly pandemic to me. Im sure you will shoot it down as I have observed from all your reactions so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lJnc_L ... ture=share

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » April 19, 2020, 5:47 pm

There is a misconception that COVID-19 is no different from common seasonal influenza. Both cause respiratory disease and are transmitted through contact, respiratory droplets and fomites (surfaces that harbour the virus following contact with an infected human).

But they vary drastically in severity. According to the WHO (based on the current available data), 80% of COVID-19 infections are mild or asymptomatic, 15% are severe (requiring oxygen) and 5% are critical (requiring ventilation). These figures are considerably higher than what is typically observed in flu.

What is the World Economic Forum doing about the coronavirus outbreak?

Show
Lethality

The speed of transmission is very important when assessing the deadliness of a virus. Influenza has a shorter incubation period (the time between infection and the onset of symptoms), so it can be diagnosed and treated more quickly.

While influenza has a shorter serial interval (the time between successive cases) and therefore spreads more easily, COVID-19 has a higher reproductive number - meaning infected individuals pass the virus onto a higher number of people.

COVID-19 is also more deadly than seasonal influenza. The crude mortality rate for COVID-19, based on confirmed cases to date, is currently estimated by the WHO to be between 3-4%, with seasonal influenza sitting well below 0.1%. However, it is important to note that these figures are heavily influenced by the availability of quality healthcare, and by case data.

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/04/ ... influenza/

I know this is 18 days old

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » April 19, 2020, 5:51 pm

Video was March 27, death toll 1,163. in USA

Deaths as of today in US are 38,903.. any figures you quote are not relevant given this passage of time,

However, if you read the text attached to your own article it says

"But there already is anecdotal evidence that many deaths that stem from covid-19 are not being recorded as such. Doctors and nurses have told BuzzFeed News that deaths in the United States are not being correctly reported, in part because overwhelmed hospitals and a shortage of tests meant people died before it was determined whether they had contracted the virus".

and in the same article

'And in Corriere della Sera, one of Italy’s leading newspapers, the mayor of the northern Italian town of Nembro reported that even though 31 people are recorded as having died of covid-19 from January to March, 158 people are listed as dead in the town — 123 more than the average. “The difference is enormous and cannot be a simple statistical deviation,” wrote Claudio Cancelli, suggesting that the actual death toll was four times higher'.

Clearly COVID 19 deaths are underecorded based on the source you have quoted

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » April 19, 2020, 6:02 pm

Whistler wrote:
April 19, 2020, 5:51 pm
Video was March 27, death toll 1,163. in USA

Deaths as of today in US are 38,903.. any figures you quote are not relevant given this passage of time,

However, if you read the text attached to your own article it says

"But there already is anecdotal evidence that many deaths that stem from covid-19 are not being recorded as such. Doctors and nurses have told BuzzFeed News that deaths in the United States are not being correctly reported, in part because overwhelmed hospitals and a shortage of tests meant people died before it was determined whether they had contracted the virus".

and in the same article

'And in Corriere della Sera, one of Italy’s leading newspapers, the mayor of the northern Italian town of Nembro reported that even though 31 people are recorded as having died of covid-19 from January to March, 158 people are listed as dead in the town — 123 more than the average. “The difference is enormous and cannot be a simple statistical deviation,” wrote Claudio Cancelli, suggesting that the actual death toll was four times higher'.

Clearly COVID 19 deaths are underecorded based on the source you have quoted
Video April 12. Its about the content, the falsifying of the numbers, that is what is important. Stop being so one eyed, unreal, plenty of info out there, Aus 65 dead, hardly a major pandemic that warrants a complete shutdown.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » April 19, 2020, 6:03 pm

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » April 19, 2020, 6:10 pm

fatbob wrote:
April 19, 2020, 6:03 pm
More information.

https://swprs.org/a-swiss-doctor-on-covid-19/
you mean more misinformation, from this site, you have to be kidding, it's not even Swiss, it is a registered site from the USA.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » April 19, 2020, 6:15 pm

Whistler wrote:
April 19, 2020, 6:10 pm
fatbob wrote:
April 19, 2020, 6:03 pm
More information.

https://swprs.org/a-swiss-doctor-on-covid-19/
you mean more misinformation, from this site, you have to be kidding, it's not even Swiss, it is a registered site from the USA.
So this guy is false also?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwMLMXV ... =emb_share

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » April 19, 2020, 6:18 pm

Starts with an allusion to the 9/11 conspiracy. :confused:

Sorry folks - time to move on to something sensible.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » April 19, 2020, 6:25 pm

fatbob,

not following any of your links, i did the first few, but if that is the quality of your sources....

Good luck to you and hope all your dreams come true

laksnrub
udonmap.com

Post by laksnrub » April 19, 2020, 6:25 pm

Quality is best done first

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » April 19, 2020, 6:25 pm

jackspratt wrote:
April 19, 2020, 6:18 pm
Starts with an allusion to the 9/11 conspiracy. :confused:

Sorry folks - time to move on to something sensible.
So you didn't watch yet make a comment, ok.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » April 19, 2020, 6:27 pm

Whistler wrote:
April 19, 2020, 6:25 pm
fatbob,

not following any of your links, i did the first few, but if that is the quality of your sources....

Good luck to you and hope all your dreams come true
I didn't expect you to take anything in, stick to CNN.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 19, 2020, 6:29 pm

Hahahahaha! I just watched the first 5 minutes of that crap, seriously, a guy made up as the Joker, a ***** reporter and a nurse whose voice is scrambled to make it all sound a bit more...well seriously who gives a toss? There are several hundred interviews available on UK press where ICU nurses say they’ve known nothing like this virus, they don’t hide their faces or have their voices scrambled they just say how it is. Seriously folks, don’t waste your time watching it but if you do, I told you!
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”