Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: Border and bar closings

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 20, 2020, 10:35 am

Doodoo wrote:
April 20, 2020, 10:22 am
DM
Solitary Confinement getting to me? Hahahahah Look at what you are posting
Your the one giving us the Squash Report (was that a cat or a dog or maybe both), Lets have a look at the Intersection Report, a weather report that I can step out of my door and see that it is Hot or Not

This is a prime indication of I am slowly going bonkers
I rest my case Mlord..

Its onnee a laff away from all the covid doom n gloom , Trump slagging and conspiracy theorists ..

shhhhh dont tell anyone but i stopped county the wheels and dividing by 4 ages ago and dont really even check the traffic anymore just guess it !! .. dogs nuns cats now thats different :lol:

Lastly bars n borders still closed .........FOR NOW

DM

Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 20, 2020, 10:44 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
April 20, 2020, 10:35 am
Doodoo wrote:
April 20, 2020, 10:22 am
DM
Solitary Confinement getting to me? Hahahahah Look at what you are posting
Your the one giving us the Squash Report (was that a cat or a dog or maybe both), Lets have a look at the Intersection Report, a weather report that I can step out of my door and see that it is Hot or Not

This is a prime indication of I am slowly going bonkers
I rest my case Mlord..

Its onnee a laff away from all the covid doom n gloom , Trump slagging and conspiracy theorists ..

shhhhh dont tell anyone but i stopped county the wheels and dividing by 4 ages ago and dont really even check the traffic anymore just guess it !! .. dogs nuns cats now thats different :lol:

Lastly bars n borders still closed .........FOR NOW

DM
Maybe Doodoo is concerned why his "Yes it really happened" thread has been getting less visitors these past few weeks?

Having discovered this thread, now he understands why.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 20, 2020, 10:48 am

UK press all seem to be suggesting that pubs will be closed until at least xmas :shock:

Hope Udon doesnt follow that idea :-k

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 20, 2020, 10:55 am

stattointhailand wrote:
April 20, 2020, 10:48 am
UK press all seem to be suggesting that pubs will be closed until at least xmas :shock:

Domestic violence numbers have gone crazy in UK .. a recent 999 call to Scunthorpe police station where a woman claimed her husband had severe head injuries caused by the electric iron accidently falling off the top of the wardrobe and hitting him ...... 3 times ... yes it really happened !!

UK still got Coronation Street Emerdale n Easteneders ...plus Aldi n Lidl to get super cheap booze .. not so here until 1st May probably

DM

vincemunday
udonmap.com

DM’s carry on up the junction thread

Post by vincemunday » April 20, 2020, 11:14 am

I sit here each day waiting to find out what’s happening at the Tap intersection, very sad to hear about the cat, there seems to be an awful lot of moggy bashing on UM lately.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

pal52
udonmap.com

Post by pal52 » April 20, 2020, 11:16 am

stattointhailand wrote:
April 20, 2020, 10:48 am

Trying to pass the time away I have just done a study of the Provinces in the North East of Thailand.
Out of 11 provinces there are only 2 with any cases reported in the last 14 days.

Loei with 3 cases reported in the last 14 days.
Khon Kean with 2 cases reported in the last 14 days.

All the rest have had no cases reported in the last 14 days with Udon having no cases at all as the last case was released from Hospital yesterday.

The Government has stated it is up to the Individual governor in each province to ease restrictions.
That is bulls** .

I thought that Governors were elected but that is not true.
They are appointed by the Prime Minister and central government.

The only Governor who is elected is the Governor of Bangkok and he was replaced under special powers by the Prime Minister in 2018 with an army General.

It look like the only time any restrictions will be lifted will be when the Prime Minister says so.

That looks like MAYBE 1st May and now he is talking about easing restrictions when there are no more than 10 new cases a day.

Restrictions could be eased off in the North east so people can get back to work & stop a lot of hardship but I do not think that will happen.

the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » April 20, 2020, 11:26 am

Both Thai air Asia and Thai Lion air have announced domestic flights resuming on May 1st.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 20, 2020, 11:30 am

I think there are approx 8 or 9 provinces without a single case as yet .. i know the curfew is nationwide but are these C19 free provinces experiencing the same restrictions as all other provinces with reference to closures etc... ??

pal52
udonmap.com

Post by pal52 » April 20, 2020, 11:47 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
April 20, 2020, 11:30 am
I think there are approx 8 or 9 provinces without a single case as yet .. i know the curfew is nationwide but are these C19 free provinces experiencing the same restrictions as all other provinces with reference to closures etc... ??
Yes.
See below the Link to the TAT website updated on 17th April.
There are 9 provinces with no cases (10 now with Udon) and 27 with no new cases in the last 14 days.

https://www.tatnews.org/2020/04/tat-upd ... ationwide/

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » April 20, 2020, 12:10 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:I think there are approx 8 or 9 provinces without a single case as yet .. i know the curfew is nationwide but are these C19 free provinces experiencing the same restrictions as all other provinces with reference to closures etc... ??
Good point DM.
This is where the gradual rollback should start. In all low number countries for that matter. Keep that province completely isolated but commence opening up some money making opportunity businesses. From the local mum and dad shops to restaurants. The people are hurting and I can see more and more movement of vehicles and bikes in my little Soi. Then open larger service premises and heaven forbid the schools.
Let the people see that there is a light at the end of this tunnel and that conformance to current province isolation rules and testing will lead to a quicker opening to a normal life.
Incentive is a big thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » April 20, 2020, 12:27 pm

"Maybe Doodoo is concerned why his "Yes it really happened" thread has been getting less visitors these past few weeks?"

Tam As I have said for ages and in particular when the Almighty Lone Star was commenting "I dont care"

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » April 20, 2020, 12:28 pm

A lot of traffic on the roads this morning . Sorry Jon , not after your job , just an observation .
I think people have had enough of this lockdown , if you can call it that , or they do not trust the government to pay them to stay home any longer .
But i noticed a vast diference in traffic compared to last week .

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 20, 2020, 12:34 pm

saint wrote:
April 20, 2020, 12:28 pm
A lot of traffic on the roads this morning . Sorry Jon , not after your job , just an observation .
I think people have had enough of this lockdown , if you can call it that , or they do not trust the government to pay them to stay home any longer .
But i noticed a vast diference in traffic compared to last week .
We've had to come into to town and we both commented the same thing, life is returning to normal, the roads are as busy as usual.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 20, 2020, 2:43 pm

Doodoo wrote:
April 20, 2020, 12:27 pm
"Maybe Doodoo is concerned why his "Yes it really happened" thread has been getting less visitors these past few weeks?"

Tam As I have said for ages and in particular when the Almighty Lone Star was commenting "I dont care"
Yes, I know. But you keep reminding us that you don't care.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 21, 2020, 6:35 am

During my isolation and subsequent junction journalistics ive noticed just how many vehicles totally ignore the red lights coming from NBLP going straight on not turning right the airport .. from motor bikes zipping thru a red to the big 18 wheelers thundering along with no chance of ever stopping in time so just ignore the red .. there is a new CCTV cams on my intersection and every now n then (c19 not recently) a police officer hiding and radioing thru to his buddies at the check point round the bend near the car auctions ...

Again we are all spandexed lunchboxes with early morning cool time bikers ..mostly in singles , pairs or 3s but i did counted 24 wheels in one group so thats 12 bikers.
As previously posted by other members traffic wise its pretty much back to the norm here both in the town center and ring road...

Oh yeah .. and the flower n donut sellers are back !!!

Gonna be a scorcher again today 40 plus on accu .. and still the borders and bars are closed.

DM

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 21, 2020, 6:40 pm

I have just been informed that Udons premier tourist intersection is being re surfaced in the very near future , saw the road tripod thingy guys out in the heat earlier today and the duck noodle shop guy just confirmed its being tarted up , hes not too chuffed as will mess up his entrace for the duration of the job .....

In his words apparently the area has become quite famous due to some expat **** doing daily reports ???? .. suffice to say i replied and confirmed .. who the hell would do some thing that daft !!

So a new surface soon .. and the borders n bars are still closed.

DM

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » April 21, 2020, 6:53 pm

Maybe DM because it is now famous they are going to install those loop detection systems at the lights with in the asphalt.
They are installed on a couple of traffic lights in the city now. Even got a sign painted on the road inside the loop. In English.
Thanks for letting me know that no bars open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » April 21, 2020, 7:02 pm

did a walk-about down by the mall and then UD Town around 2PM. The mall is "limited" open with TOPS, Farmer's Market, Royal Project, Boots, Watson's, and a few other stores in the basement open. 3rd floor access to the banks on the main street end.. McDonald's and a few other restaurants open for takeout only. Perhaps a couple of hundred people in the mall total. Soi Samphanit is locked down with all hotels and bars closed, restaurants shuttered with I think maybe four offering take out only. Walking down to UD Town showed it more lively with Tesco Lotus quite crowded and the street beside Tesco setting up food stalls for the "night market" About 99% were wearing masks..
Dave

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 21, 2020, 7:14 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
April 21, 2020, 6:35 am
Again we are all spandexed lunchboxes with early morning cool time bikers ..mostly in singles , pairs or 3s but i did counted 24 wheels in one group so thats 12 bikers.

DM
I’m surprised you didn’t spot me with my lemon spandex on, but with my stabilisers it was only 11 of us.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 21, 2020, 7:56 pm

Im thinking about taking up biking after this C19 stuff has calmed down ... its a fact i will look a complete T W A T in spandex of any colour but im going for a two piece cerise pink n lime green and an orange leotard for sundays...

BTW Vince i reckon i saw you this morning looked like a bowl of custard on a bike .. and it was electric yer cheater!!

Back on topic .. good news on C19 numbers and the visa front ..but booze buying , bars , borders , barbers and bonking (social distancing) are banned !!

DM

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”