Alcohol sales ban!

General Udon Thani topics only!
tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Alcohol sales ban!

Post by tamada » May 4, 2020, 3:50 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
May 4, 2020, 2:48 pm
I this wasnt Thailand with its total fear of anything remotely like forward planing you might even think that expecting a rush at "opening time" they may have pre phoned the order so as the staff could have it ready on trollies before they arrived and then make the financial transaction at a legal time .........ok nah TIT
Reading noosard's earlier post about arriving at the wholesalers before 11 and seeing trucks already loaded and more loading underway and the guy with a fist full of receipts, it seems that pre-ordering and loading before the official 11 a.m. flag fall was already being done. With some provincial governor's making decisions at 9 p.m. the day before and the volume of posts from the forum panic merchants asking if anyone knew what was happening, even the oh so clever farangs were clueless.

But we won't let that stand in the way of the old "Thai people are hopeless" narrative.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » May 4, 2020, 4:12 pm

tamada wrote:
May 4, 2020, 3:50 pm
stattointhailand wrote:
I this wasnt Thailand with its total fear of anything remotely like forward planing you might even think that expecting a rush at "opening time" they may have pre phoned the order so as the staff could have it ready on trollies before they arrived and then make the financial transaction at a legal time .........ok nah TIT
Reading noosard's earlier post about arriving at the wholesalers before 11 and seeing trucks already loaded and more loading underway and the guy with a fist full of receipts, it seems that pre-ordering and loading before the official 11 a.m. flag fall was already being done. With some provincial governor's making decisions at 9 p.m. the day before and the volume of posts from the forum panic merchants asking if anyone knew what was happening, even the oh so clever farangs were clueless.

But we won't let that stand in the way of the old "Thai people are hopeless" narrative.
If the buyers have a liquor license I think they are allowed to buy outside of those times
DM will know

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 4, 2020, 4:25 pm

noosard wrote:
May 4, 2020, 4:12 pm
tamada wrote:
May 4, 2020, 3:50 pm
stattointhailand wrote:

If the buyers have a liquor license I think they are allowed to buy outside of those times
DM will know
YES that is correct
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » May 4, 2020, 5:33 pm

Not sure who saw the pictures from Gee Soon or the video from Makro but Government have seen them and are debating on whether to ban alcohol again. Health minister was very disappointed in people's Behaviour

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 4, 2020, 5:36 pm

dunroaming wrote:
May 4, 2020, 5:33 pm
Not sure who saw the pictures from Gee Soon or the video from Makro but Government have seen them and are debating on whether to ban alcohol again. Health minister was very disappointed in people's Behaviour
UCMTSU .. the proof was in the pudding (vid) like a bunch of savages .. health minister does have apoint as the carnage showed total disregard for safety , social distancing and poor manners , most un Thai !!

DR where did you read that ???

DM

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » May 4, 2020, 5:43 pm

The misses saw it on Udon update but they warning people first and will see if they obey if not... And after all TIT and people don't listen as always time will tell

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » May 4, 2020, 6:04 pm

Dont know what they expected
But if you say 1 thing 1 day then shift the goal post the next
That trust of what should happen goes out the window
Which is why i and every other dick and harry went shopping yessterday
rather than rely on the local ma and pa lemonade stand

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » May 4, 2020, 6:11 pm

India's the same they just opened up alcohol sales which were banned from March, queues were bigger!

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » May 4, 2020, 6:11 pm

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/116265 ... paign=news

I'm sure everyone is stocked up by now.
Should be business as usual.
I hope \:D/

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 4, 2020, 6:47 pm

Yesterday was a thinly veiled double non-essential beer shopping exercise for which I will forever be in the social distancing judges purgatory.

Today was a single liquor purchasing sortie at 5 p.m. at our favorite Phosri Road international liquor store. Jack and Jamesons acquired plus 1 liter of Finlandia in case I ever need a screwdriver.

I asked the chap at the shop what the deal is regards Udon's booze buying window and he reckons it comes under the government's nationwide "review in 14 days". He thinks we're good until then but it can change on a whim.

Looking at that vdo that's gone viral, as others have said, what did the government expect when there was the "today only" rumor spreading like wildfire. But a bad show by store management IMHO by letting that scrum kick off. Thousands of other stores managed it much better... well, the 6 stores I did my non-essential shopping in did.

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » May 4, 2020, 7:24 pm

tamada wrote:
May 4, 2020, 6:47 pm
Today was a single liquor purchasing sortie at 5 p.m. at our favorite Phosri Road international liquor store.
[/quote

Yeah, I went there too.
He said he was flat out all morning and very happy to be open again.
Said he sold tons of wine, (some to me too)!
Same, said hasn't heard anything specific about the future.

He's a nice fella.
Mick

udonfox
udonmap.com

Post by udonfox » May 4, 2020, 8:31 pm

The German restaurant below The Brickhouse.Always been busy on a lunchtime when I've walked past.That's the no.1 spot for Jerry in Udon. The food does look good !

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 5, 2020, 6:25 am

I saw a couple of farang mental giants on Soi Sampan mid-afternoon yesterday, nursing their large, sweaty Leo's at a stone table out front of one of the massage shops on the bottom end of the street. Local lass seen lurking inside the doors, nobody wearing masks.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 5, 2020, 6:33 am

tamada wrote:
May 5, 2020, 6:25 am
I saw a couple of farang mental giants on Soi Sampan mid-afternoon yesterday, nursing their large, sweaty Leo's at a stone table out front of one of the massage shops on the bottom end of the street. Local lass seen lurking inside the doors, nobody wearing masks.
I wonder if they lived there being as booze is only to be drank at home ?? ... SO IM TOLD at them places a mask n gloves are the last thing that need to be worn .. a condom however is the vital part of PPE.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 5, 2020, 6:51 am

^ I can't imagine that rationale getting much mileage if a public-spirited local called the cops on the fμckwits. I can see such acts of in-your-face ignorance contributing to the pre-emptive, "Lets just ban booze again until they get the message" strike by the Guv'ner.

Bit early for a wall climb, eh?

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 5, 2020, 7:01 am

tamada wrote:
May 5, 2020, 6:51 am
^ I can't imagine that rationale getting much mileage if a public-spirited local called the cops on the fμckwits. I can see such acts of in-your-face ignorance contributing to the pre-emptive, "Lets just ban booze again until they get the message" strike by the Guv'ner.

Bit early for a wall climb, eh?
I applaud any law abiding citizen that grasses up these irresponsible restriction flouters. They obviously live in a bubble , are as thick as sh*te or just dont care ..OR ALL 3 ...the Leo slurping socks n sandal gang run soi samphan :lol: :lol:

Indded Tam its early for you to be so negative , have a coffee and chill im sure Yai will be out to play soon and in this heat you might get lucking with the lack of her boobie covering attire AGAIN especially if you give her a can of Archa for breakfast.

DM chilled OUT.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 5, 2020, 1:10 pm

DM dont suppose this is among your list of new (castle) beers to be imported?
sheikhead.jpg

sgt
udonmap.com

Post by sgt » May 5, 2020, 1:26 pm

Tomorrow, #6 is a holiday, is it a no alcohol sales holiday? My calendar doesn't show one way or the other.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 5, 2020, 2:19 pm

sgt wrote:
May 5, 2020, 1:26 pm
Tomorrow, #6 is a holiday, is it a no alcohol sales holiday? My calendar doesn't show one way or the other.
yes, no 6 in big Buddha day
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » May 23, 2020, 12:05 pm

Noticed last Wednesday local Ma and Pa shop had notice on fridges stating same selling hours for booze as the major retailers. Asked the lady why and she said 'No Poblem No Poblem'. Today the missus went down to buy water and I asked her to get a couple of cold Changs. Now 'cannot' sell before 11am lady said, "Police watching and big fines". Maybe everyone boasting about booze being available during the ban has pi**ed someone at a higher level off. You would think they would be relaxing things rather than enforcing st*pid rules.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”