Papa Farang's

Have a question or comment about Shopping in Udon Thani? Post it here!
User avatar
papafarang
udonmap.com
Posts: 2738
Joined: August 2, 2013, 10:14 am

Re: Papa Farang's

Post by papafarang » May 22, 2020, 11:47 am

Fresh sausage rolls today 50b , English custard tarts 25b ,French village baggettes 4 pack 120b , English brown loaf 95b .open 12 noon .later this afternoon apple crumbles 70b .
This heat is a killer near the oven . I should have opened an ice factory .


Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

User avatar
papafarang
udonmap.com
Posts: 2738
Joined: August 2, 2013, 10:14 am

Re: Papa Farang's

Post by papafarang » May 24, 2020, 7:36 am

Chicken and vegetable pies today 75b
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

User avatar
Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com
Posts: 4903
Joined: October 14, 2013, 4:39 pm

Re: Papa Farang's

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 24, 2020, 7:43 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 24, 2020, 7:34 am
papafarang wrote:
May 24, 2020, 7:15 am
Tell me about it Jon , we've been having a meltdown... With pastry that is. At 40c it becomes real hard to make
Didnt know that culinary fact what happens ?.. 31 today so have a pastry making session .

Sorry off topic ... BTW how many kms is your place from Honda Big Wing , i need places to walk to when not too hot and then after the exercise dont feel to guilty about scoffing a pie or cheesecake.

DM
Moved to your thread Dean off the weather one .
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

User avatar
mak
udonmap.com
Posts: 1363
Joined: July 13, 2008, 11:50 am
Location: Udon Thani

Re: Papa Farang's

Post by mak » May 24, 2020, 7:58 am


User avatar
papafarang
udonmap.com
Posts: 2738
Joined: August 2, 2013, 10:14 am

Re: Papa Farang's

Post by papafarang » May 24, 2020, 7:59 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 24, 2020, 7:43 am
Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 24, 2020, 7:34 am
papafarang wrote:
May 24, 2020, 7:15 am
Tell me about it Jon , we've been having a meltdown... With pastry that is. At 40c it becomes real hard to make
Didnt know that culinary fact what happens ?.. 31 today so have a pastry making session .

Sorry off topic ... BTW how many kms is your place from Honda Big Wing , i need places to walk to when not too hot and then after the exercise dont feel to guilty about scoffing a pie or cheesecake.

DM
Moved to your thread Dean off the weather one .
Not an issue
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

User avatar
noosard
udonmap.com
Posts: 2137
Joined: April 17, 2011, 4:07 am
Location: Ban Jumpa Udon
Contact:

Re: Papa Farang's

Post by noosard » May 24, 2020, 8:39 am

Distance to walk past big wing is about 1km
If feeling lazy jump on No 14 get off at tesco express

User avatar
papafarang
udonmap.com
Posts: 2738
Joined: August 2, 2013, 10:14 am

Re: Papa Farang's

Post by papafarang » May 25, 2020, 5:24 am

Chicken and bacon pies today , my personal favourite chicken pie
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

User avatar
Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com
Posts: 4903
Joined: October 14, 2013, 4:39 pm

Re: Papa Farang's

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 25, 2020, 7:38 am

As part of my current walking regime i managed the 7.5 kms from my office to Papafarangs eatery and back . What started out to be a nice morning stroll to buy an early lunch turned into a few hours of excellent company and fresh out the oven goodies ..

Chicken veg pie and 2 English custard tarts .. blooming lovely , i much prefer a fresh pie rather than one frozen so will keep a daily eye out on this thread for whats being baked as IMO fresh is best when you dont have a conventional oven only a microwave.

Nice spot very quiet , loads of parking and tennis courts .. sadly Dean turned down my offer of a game :^o

Defo be back suffice to say the walk back took longer then the walk there.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

User avatar
joepai
udonmap.com
Posts: 595
Joined: February 25, 2012, 1:21 pm

Re: Papa Farang's

Post by joepai » May 25, 2020, 4:16 pm

sadly Dean turned down my offer of a game

Watching Dean in his shorts playing tennis would make my day
I was born with nothing and still have most of it left

User avatar
papafarang
udonmap.com
Posts: 2738
Joined: August 2, 2013, 10:14 am

Re: Papa Farang's

Post by papafarang » May 25, 2020, 6:06 pm

I once played ping pong in Phuket
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

dunroaming
udonmap.com
Posts: 1051
Joined: July 14, 2009, 1:34 pm

Re: Papa Farang's

Post by dunroaming » May 25, 2020, 6:13 pm

papafarang wrote:
May 25, 2020, 6:06 pm
I once played ping pong in Phuket
Who won you or ping oong

User avatar
papafarang
udonmap.com
Posts: 2738
Joined: August 2, 2013, 10:14 am

Re: Papa Farang's

Post by papafarang » May 25, 2020, 6:17 pm

dunroaming wrote:
May 25, 2020, 6:13 pm
papafarang wrote:
May 25, 2020, 6:06 pm
I once played ping pong in Phuket
Who won you or ping oong
Not sure really ,but the girl in Suzi wongs could fire the ball with great accuracy :lol:
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

dunroaming
udonmap.com
Posts: 1051
Joined: July 14, 2009, 1:34 pm

Re: Papa Farang's

Post by dunroaming » May 25, 2020, 7:41 pm

papafarang wrote:
May 25, 2020, 6:17 pm
dunroaming wrote:
May 25, 2020, 6:13 pm
papafarang wrote:
May 25, 2020, 6:06 pm
I once played ping pong in Phuket
Who won you or ping oong
Not sure really ,but the girl in Suzi wongs could fire the ball with great accuracy :lol:
Haha took my very straight laced sister years ago as she wanted to see the wild side, she was luck to be chosen to hold the balloon

User avatar
papafarang
udonmap.com
Posts: 2738
Joined: August 2, 2013, 10:14 am

Re: Papa Farang's

Post by papafarang » May 26, 2020, 7:24 am

Good morning everybody . Nice weather for a change . Today more chicken and bacon pies . Last week made some full shortcrust pasties that sold very well ,probably the best value you can get .3 pasties for 100b
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

User avatar
Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com
Posts: 4903
Joined: October 14, 2013, 4:39 pm

Re: Papa Farang's

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 26, 2020, 7:50 am

What time is stuff out the oven n ready to buy Dean ??
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

DuiDui49
udonmap.com
Posts: 1019
Joined: March 15, 2006, 3:10 pm
Location: Koh Samui

Re: Papa Farang's

Post by DuiDui49 » May 26, 2020, 8:24 am

God morning Mr.Dean and wife !

Just want to say i'm sooooo impressed at what you do,day after day,in rain and in HOT weather...Not to mention that you are a very hardworking and nice man Dean.
As a former baker myself,i know to well what hot weather can throw at you and the bread you're making.Learning how the owaens work,not one owen is the same..atleast that's my experience.

You are truly a man on a mission for all us Farangs longing for some homebaked gods and not frozen ones..

Finally Dean,take good care of your self,whith your BIG engien,the heart,only have one and you have been given a second chanse,embrace it.

Love the moment Dean,take good care of your self..Be blessed...//Alfie & Nok...:-)
Best regards
//DuiDui
"Exercise is individual and nutrition is queen: together, you have a kingdom."

“Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues but the parent of all others.” 

"To grow and mature demands time and willingness to learn from your own misstakes"

User avatar
papafarang
udonmap.com
Posts: 2738
Joined: August 2, 2013, 10:14 am

Re: Papa Farang's

Post by papafarang » May 26, 2020, 8:57 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 26, 2020, 7:50 am
What time is stuff out the oven n ready to buy Dean ??
Should all be available from 12 noon . You'll like the pasties John designed so you can walk and eat at the same time :lol:
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

User avatar
papafarang
udonmap.com
Posts: 2738
Joined: August 2, 2013, 10:14 am

Re: Papa Farang's

Post by papafarang » May 26, 2020, 9:04 am

DuiDui49 wrote:
May 26, 2020, 8:24 am
God morning Mr.Dean and wife !

Just want to say i'm sooooo impressed at what you do,day after day,in rain and in HOT weather...Not to mention that you are a very hardworking and nice man Dean.
As a former baker myself,i know to well what hot weather can throw at you and the bread you're making.Learning how the owaens work,not one owen is the same..atleast that's my experience.

You are truly a man on a mission for all us Farangs longing for some homebaked gods and not frozen ones..

Finally Dean,take good care of your self,whith your BIG engien,the heart,only have one and you have been given a second chanse,embrace it.

Love the moment Dean,take good care of your self..Be blessed...//Alfie & Nok...:-)
Thanks Alfie , it was good to see you back out on your bike trying to build your strength up again after such a servere accident , Bread and pastry was a problem the last couple of weeks , even being up at 3am it was still hot. Once the temp passed 35c bread is hard to control and pastry melts . So the wife and I are on a mission to get as much made as possible while it's just a little cooler . Hope to see you soon if your feeling up to it .
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

User avatar
Niggly
udonmap.com
Posts: 231
Joined: December 5, 2018, 5:51 pm
Location: ‘www.overthere.com’

Re: Papa Farang's

Post by Niggly » May 28, 2020, 2:49 pm

The cheeseburger pie is how legends are made.

Cheers Papa, made a hell of a mess in the car with the flakey, crispy pastry but I can live with that

User avatar
papafarang
udonmap.com
Posts: 2738
Joined: August 2, 2013, 10:14 am

Re: Papa Farang's

Post by papafarang » May 28, 2020, 3:18 pm

I think if I can find larger tins I could make double cheeseburger pies ? What do you reckon ?
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Post Reply

Return to “Udon Thani Shopping”