School restarts.

General Udon Thani topics only!
tamada
udonmap.com

School restarts.

Post by tamada » July 1, 2020, 8:59 am

First day of school. Left the house at ten past seven, did two school drops, one out of town and one in town and home for breakfast at ten past eight.

I passed a couple of other schools during the run and traffic was not too bad. If it had been raining, then those normally using bikes for school runs would have got out the 4x4 double-parkedmobile and it would have been truly awful.

Maybe tomorrow?
Last edited by tamada on July 1, 2020, 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

noosard
udonmap.com

Re: School restarts.

Post by noosard » July 1, 2020, 9:18 am

Happy days again

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » July 1, 2020, 9:42 am

Ah yes back to the days of Rote Learning, sitting on the floor for a long time and generally wasting 8 hours a day and they call it education...Truly Amazing

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » July 1, 2020, 9:46 am

The cops had the statue circle at a standstill. With no police it works ok.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 1, 2020, 10:14 am

Khun Paul wrote:
July 1, 2020, 9:42 am
Ah yes back to the days of Rote Learning, sitting on the floor for a long time and generally wasting 8 hours a day and they call it education...Truly Amazing
Eight+ hours of bloody peace and quiet at home though.

Result!

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » July 1, 2020, 10:23 am

THe 2 kids that will be taking the bus to and from school,
will makes it at least 12 hours of peace and quiet from them

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » July 1, 2020, 11:44 am

mak wrote:
July 1, 2020, 9:46 am
Not surprised I remember days of Traffic Trainin g and trying not to cause hold-ups, here they wave at you and your supposed to understand , from what I gather training relating to traffic is at best minimal, look at Road checks friggin dangerous

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » July 1, 2020, 2:52 pm

KP

For years I/ we have read your dislike for the education system here Please enough is enough or if you dont like it go do something about it ( I know you taught)

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » July 1, 2020, 3:00 pm

Doodoo wrote:
July 1, 2020, 2:52 pm
KP

For years I/ we have read your dislike for the education system here Please enough is enough or if you dont like it go do something about it ( I know you taught)
Where ignorance is bliss...tis folly to be wise. The story of Thailand.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 1, 2020, 4:28 pm

newtovillagelife wrote:
July 1, 2020, 3:00 pm
Doodoo wrote:
July 1, 2020, 2:52 pm
KP

Where ignorance is bliss...tis folly to be wise. The story of Thailand.
In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is k!ng.

But enough of that tosh...

The heavens opened on the latter part of the afternoon reverse school run but still took only a little over an hour. The northbound tailback at the Global traffic lights looked horrendous though and glad we were going south.

So our young chap, his first day at kindergarten, tells us it was great fun and he only needed the back of his hand 'slapped' once. The older one is chuffed that two of his mates from last year are in his new class. More peace tomorrow!

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » July 1, 2020, 5:06 pm

I thought school started today but alas that’s not till the 8th.
She has been at school for a few days this week and last but just on duty helping out doing temperature scans and hand santiser for people attending for whatever reason.
Today was fee payment day and paying for books. 4500 for fees and 500 for books. More next term.
Uniform adjustments etc and new shoes were last week.
So after the extended holiday this weekend the teachers should be ready to hit the ground at the normal slow pace on the 8th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » July 1, 2020, 5:15 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
Sorry Paul not sure what school you attended but the ones I have seen the kids use chairs and tables or desks
and yes some learning is parrot fashioned but when asked a question polly is not the answer
If you want some questions please ask

Chriss
udonmap.com

Post by Chriss » July 1, 2020, 6:13 pm

mak wrote:
July 1, 2020, 9:46 am
Thought it might have been choka at the roundabout so we went round the ring road and parked in Makro this morning. Kutchap to St Mary's in 50mins...
From tomorrow the bus takes over.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 1, 2020, 10:59 pm

Great innit ........ school run, back home b4 08:00 .... peace & quiet at home ...... then ......... reality TIT

Phone rings school cant cope with full attendance and covid restrictions so shorty (have to change that as she's as tall as Mrs Statts now :-) is required to stay home every other day starting tomorrow for the month of July (and of course its Bank Holidays again next week :-$

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 2, 2020, 5:56 am

^ Some schools have managers and administrators while others appear to only have cashiers.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » July 2, 2020, 7:53 am

noosard wrote:
July 1, 2020, 5:15 pm
Khun Paul wrote:
Sorry Paul not sure what school you attended but the ones I have seen the kids use chairs and tables or desks
and yes some learning is parrot fashioned but when asked a question polly is not the answer
I was referring to often HOUR LONG Assembly sessions in the Morning , as the sitting on the floor routine rather than the filter down approach using the Home Room teacher to disseminate the SO IMPORTANT information.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » July 2, 2020, 7:55 am

Khun Paul wrote:
July 2, 2020, 7:53 am
noosard wrote:
Khun Paul wrote:
I was referring to often HOUR LONG Assembly sessions in the Morning , as the sitting on the floor routine rather than the filter down approach using the Home Room teacher to disseminate the SO IMPORTANT information.
During my schooling in England, I remember having to go to Assembly every morning also?

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » July 2, 2020, 9:48 am

Sorry Paul think you mentioned 8 hours wasted
as for referring to something else most people cant read what you haven't written

mech_401
udonmap.com

Post by mech_401 » July 2, 2020, 11:40 am

newtovillagelife wrote:
July 2, 2020, 7:55 am

During my schooling in England, I remember having to go to Assembly every morning also?
aahh so you're from england , not canada . be patient and wait long enough,everything explained

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 2, 2020, 11:56 am

newtovillagelife wrote:
July 2, 2020, 7:55 am
Khun Paul wrote:
July 2, 2020, 7:53 am
noosard wrote:
Khun Paul wrote:
...and in Scotland, we started 'Assembly' with the Lord's Prayer.

OMG! Can you just imagine that???!!!

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”