Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Re: Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

Post by Doodoo » July 3, 2020, 10:22 pm

Getting back into Thailand. Just to let you know how difficult it is

I have a friend who was living in teh USA for the past well over a year with his Thai Wife. His job finished a number of months ago . At first he tried to get clearance to come back to Thailand his home of many years. The obsticles were
1) You could not get a Covid test unless you were ill in the USA
2) They had just closed the Thai Embassy to process applications and spouses were not included
Being that he was a Canuck they decided to get to Canada
Now The Thai Embassy is "As of now, the embassy will no longer accept visa application in person or by mail until July 31, 2020 or further notice"
So I guess my reason for posting is, dont think is it easy peazy to apply for permission to get back to Thailand once out

As always stated there are 2 sides to every story

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 4, 2020, 7:52 am

Looks like for Chinese pharma at least, it's not so much about the world's your oyster as much as the U.S.'s your Guinea pig?

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/vaccine-d ... d=71584173

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » July 4, 2020, 9:00 am

Coronavirus: Japan's mysteriously low virus death rate

Does Japan have special immunity?
Tokyo University professor Tatsuhiko Kodama - who studies how Japanese patients react to the virus - believes Japan may have had Covid before. Not Covid-19, but something similar that could have left behind "historical immunity".

This is how he explains it: When a virus enters the human body, the immune system produces antibodies that attack the invading pathogen.

There are two types of antibody - IGM and IGG. How they respond can show whether someone has been exposed to the virus before, or something similar.

"In a primary (novel) viral infection the IGM response usually comes first," he tells me. "Then the IGG response appears later. But in secondary cases (previous exposure) the lymphocyte already has memory, and so only the IGG response increases rapidly."

So, what happened with his patients?

"When we looked at the tests we were astonished... in all patients the IGG response came quickly, and the IGM response was later and weak. It looked like they had been previously exposed to a very similar virus."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-53188847

Another country which may have been exposed to something similar
Possible good news for all and sundry

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » July 4, 2020, 9:37 am

Noosard,
I believe you and I suggested the possibility of this recently?
Amazing, because apparently we know nothing about immunity.

Hmmmm

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » July 4, 2020, 9:55 am

mickojak wrote:Noosard,
I believe you and I suggested the possibility of this recently?
Amazing, because apparently we know nothing about immunity.

Hmmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » July 4, 2020, 9:58 am

Immigration Bureau mulls further visa extension for stranded foreigners

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/117117 ... paign=news

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » July 4, 2020, 10:19 am

Japan didnt go into lockdown but just used social distancing
Would have been impossible with their transport system
Like sardines in a can
This needs more research as into why
Possible a way out of this total quaranteen quamire that the world has adopted

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » July 4, 2020, 11:41 am

‪Official #COVID19 update in #Thailand on Saturday:‬
🔸3,185 people infected (+5)‬
🔸 3,066 discharged from hospital (+0)‬
🔸61 still in hospital ‬
🔸58 dead (+0)‬

‪The 5 new cases are Thais in state quarantine who returned from abroad.‬
Attachments
FB_IMG_1593837643606.jpg
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

TJ
udonmap.com

Post by TJ » July 4, 2020, 1:50 pm

CNN Admits Hydroxychloroquine Works for Covid-19 ... After Countless Needless Deaths; Here's Why Many Of the Previous Studies Failed https://creativedestructionmedia.com/an ... ss-deaths/

"POOF! there goes all the justification for the lockdowns and other petty tyrannies that we’ve been harassed by, we can return to normal, the economy will start booming..."

HCQ is an approved medicine. It is very cheap. There is an abundant global supply of doses.

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » July 4, 2020, 3:00 pm

So, big DJ was correct all along.
Aren't the doo-gooders gunna hate that?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » July 4, 2020, 4:29 pm

I am sorry, but I "JUST CANNOT" believe that CNN would ever admit to printing or conveying a misleading story, via their "TOP CLASS" Media personnel, and or that CNN were ever wrong about anything.

I mean thy are so Professional and I trust every word they say. :fryingpan: :censored: :fart: ](*,)

pipoz4444
Last edited by pipoz4444 on July 4, 2020, 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » July 4, 2020, 5:47 pm

TJ wrote:
July 4, 2020, 1:50 pm
CNN Admits Hydroxychloroquine Works for Covid-19 ... After Countless Needless Deaths; Here's Why Many Of the Previous Studies Failed https://creativedestructionmedia.com/an ... ss-deaths/
Did you miss this bit, TJ?:
(CNN) -A surprising new study found the controversial antimalarial drug hydroxychloroquine helped patients better survive in the hospital. But the findings, like the federal government's use of the drug itself, were disputed.
Perhaps you, and your credulous followers, should have gone to the primary source https://edition.cnn.com/2020/07/02/heal ... index.html like I did, and not relied on the misleading report from a nutjob website like CD Media. ;)

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Re: Corona Virus / COVID-19 Important Information

Post by Khun Paul » July 5, 2020, 6:48 am

Sorry BUT any info touted by Americans apart from the John Hopkins Uni is at best suspect, especially when you see thousands ignorantly defying wearing masks and you currently have a Moronic President who is very divisive.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » July 5, 2020, 9:34 am

Khun Paul wrote:
July 5, 2020, 6:48 am
Sorry BUT any info touted by Americans apart from the John Hopkins Uni is at best suspect....
I'm not sure that I understand you, -- you're saying that Johns Hopkins is the ONLY reliable source of information in the entire United States about the COVID-19 virus?

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » July 5, 2020, 10:45 am

There are lots of super talented people in the US KP who have something valuable to say about Covid 19. Hopefully even the British government and officials pick their brains. Obviously there's little point discussing Covid 19 with Trump or Mike Pence. They're total dingbats. Friggin' selfish too.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » July 5, 2020, 1:31 pm

‪Official #COVID19 update in #Thailand on Sunday:‬
🔸3,190 people infected (+5)‬
🔸 3,071 discharged from hospital (+5)‬
🔸61 still in hospital ‬
🔸58 dead (+0)‬

‪The 5 new cases are Thais in state quarantine who returned from abroad. Now 41 days since the last local infection. ‬
Attachments
FB_IMG_1593930661290.jpg
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 5, 2020, 1:37 pm

Udon Map wrote:
July 5, 2020, 9:34 am
Khun Paul wrote:
July 5, 2020, 6:48 am
Sorry BUT any info touted by Americans apart from the John Hopkins Uni is at best suspect....
I'm not sure that I understand you, -- you're saying that Johns Hopkins is the ONLY reliable source of information in the entire United States about the COVID-19 virus?
Maybe not so much about reliability as being apolitical? The pandemic's been hijacked globally by all political parties and movements as well as MSM, the flat-earthers, anti-vaxers and any conspiracy theorist with a YouTube or Twitter account.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » July 5, 2020, 3:18 pm

I suspect the Thai government is very unhappy with the British government:
Despite reaching 41 days without a locally transmitted case of Covid-19, Thailand is still designated as a “red light” country and Thais arriving in England will still be required to self-isolate for 14 days. Updated guidelines published on the UK Government website on Friday list 59 countries and territories for which no quarantine will apply, starting July 10. Thailand, earlier included in the list, has now been deleted.
https://thethaiger.com/news/world/thail ... ht-from-eu

Bloody insulting? Does the British government think the Thai government is lying to the world about the Covid 19 situation in Thailand?
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » July 5, 2020, 3:35 pm

GT93 wrote:
July 5, 2020, 3:18 pm
Despite reaching 41 days without a locally transmitted case of Covid-19, Thailand is still designated as a “red light” country and Thais arriving in England will still be required to self-isolate for 14 days. Updated guidelines published on the UK Government website on Friday list 59 countries and territories for which no quarantine will apply, starting July 10. Thailand, earlier included in the list, has now been deleted.

Bloody insulting? Does the British government think the Thai government is lying to the world about the Covid 19 situation in Thailand?
In a word, YES. Along with lots of other nations. You cannot find infected people if you dont test. Might be not as bad as other Countries but it defy's any kind og logic that all the Countries adjacent to the source (China) have vitually no cases while the rest of the world has been devastated.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » July 5, 2020, 10:10 pm

GT93 wrote:
July 5, 2020, 3:18 pm

It could easily be that Thailand is not prepared to allow U.K. arrivals without a 14 day enforced quarantine due to the less than stellar performance and control of infection.

Also that the new recorded infections in the U.K. are in the hundreds per day while Thailand is extremely low and could be at the rate published but is certainly under hundreds and probably in single digits if any at all.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”