udonmap.com

Pre-Season Friendlies.

Post by Sateeb » August 24, 2020, 12:41 am

Check out the Blackpool third one...

GT93
udonmap.com

Re: English Premier League 2020/21

Post by GT93 » August 24, 2020, 1:45 am

Cool. Another Everton heavy thread. On the bright side, 3 goals.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

TAXIfor7/11
udonmap.com

Post by TAXIfor7/11 » August 24, 2020, 3:08 pm

Everton fans celebrating their come back against the mighty Blackpool its almost like the primark version of istanbul :D ,dvd on sale in club shop from friday onwards ''THAT FAMOUS NIGHT AT BLACKPOOL''
118122300_3481857688502408_7524786968030558640_n.jpg

mathusalah80
udonmap.com

Post by mathusalah80 » August 25, 2020, 12:16 pm

Udon Map wrote:
August 4, 2020, 5:57 pm
I have removed several posts. As I said, a "bit of fun" is fine. However, when a "bit of fun" becomes a euphemism for insulting others or their teams, then it's no longer fun. I'm from Boston, where our baseball team, the Red Sox, has a long standing rivalry with the NY Yankees. It's mostly good fun; however, when it becomes more than that, it's no longer fun. In the Red Sox/Yankees case, people have been hurt, some seriously, in the name of having a "bit of fun."
When I start getting complaints about posts .......then it's no longer fun.
This thread will be for substantive comments and discussion about the actual season, teams, matches, etc. I'll be a bit more lenient in the other one, but there will be limits there, too. It will not be the free-for-all that last year's thread was.
Let's keep it fun, please!!
Clearly Paul's post has been, and will continue to be completely ignored. Did anyone really believe it would be otherwise :-k [-( =;

OK Messrs Zidine & Stattsinthailand, the long awaited answers to your questions =D>
After my return home from a one week stay in hospital, I settled down to watch the Spurs match. Upon seeing Mourinho strutting around I assumed I had selected the wrong channel, but quickly recovered, after smashing the TV against the wall, and beating up Poa. [-X
It has always been a bone of contention between us.You believe, in football management, the only measure of success being how many trophies a manager possesses, (claims :-s ). Whereas I believe there are many more factors which should be taken into account For example, how long he has managed in the EPL; was it a condition of his joining the clubt that there was a bottomless supply of money to enable success to be purchased, what had that club achieved the previous season under his predecessor and what was the size and depth of talent already in the squad, how many of them were young & talented who he showed an ability to coach to reach success both to the benefit of the cub, and to their careers also. Finally, did he possess good good inter & intra personnel skills. Mourinho shrewdly chose Chelsea twice, using his predecessors squad to ride to HIS???? EPL titles; have the audacity to claim the two Charity Shields, earned by his predecessors at Chelsea & Utd. respectively. Just to round off the questionable success of his EPL, he departed from Chelsea, (twice) and Utd leaving those clubs in total disarray. I don't think it is necessary to summarize his public personna, of which egotism, selfishness, insensitivity, ( particularly towards his players)and, above all, his indescribable arrogance.
Hope that answers your questions gentlemen. :lol: :lol: \:D/ \:D/
Last edited by mathusalah80 on August 28, 2020, 2:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

747man
udonmap.com

Re: Pre-Season Friendlies.

Post by 747man » August 25, 2020, 1:07 pm

Sateeb wrote:
August 24, 2020, 12:41 am
Check out the Blackpool third one...

Then Check Out Everton's 3rd One !! [-X [-X

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » August 25, 2020, 1:42 pm

Actually agree with you here, Mourinho mostly walked into winning teams and was also rewarded with great war chests. He actually left teams far worse off than when he arrived full of hype and sh*t but always rewarded with a wonderful salary. I and many of you could have been great managers too given these circumstances.

mathusalah80
udonmap.com

Post by mathusalah80 » August 25, 2020, 1:47 pm

Pleasantly surprised that several members believe a top three,(or four) position is likely this season, for Spurs
Short of some sort of miracle, ( i.e.Bale, plus a world class playmaker), a finish of seventh or above I would consider to be an improvement. I might even revise my opinion about Mourinho! :shock:
Last edited by mathusalah80 on August 28, 2020, 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

mathusalah80
udonmap.com

Post by mathusalah80 » August 26, 2020, 5:09 pm

The Liverpool team are at their peak and, with additional shrewd buys by Klopp, I can only see them improving even further this season. Not a pleasant thought for their opponents. City can hardly have enjoyed last season and, towards the end, appeared to lose that bounce and resilience, normally associated with a Guardiolo team. I think they need to freshen up the squad, without disturbing the balance of the term and to rediscover the fun in their game, if they are to mount a serious challenge to Liverpool. At the club should find comfort in the fact that they have, in Guardiola, the solution to that conundrum.
With an innovative ‘trainee’ manager, in Lampard, and a squad of talented players, containing a blend of experience and exciting new young talent, I expect this Chelsea team to be the surprise serious challengers for the title. United has a squad second to none in containing exciting young talent, experienced top flight internationals, now at their peak, and depth. He manager has performed a miracle, temporarily at least, of resolving the disarray and dressing room problems, inherited from – who else - but Mourinho. At their best Utd. should constitute a very serious challenge, but I cannot rid myself of the lingering thought there still remains an undercurrent of dissent, which could easily disrail their challenge.
The Arsenal team, under Arteta, have definitely improved, but the team’s inconsistency is cause for doubt they will constitute a real challenge for a top four finish
I enjoy the manner in which both Leicester and Wolves play. A credit to their respective managers. Unfortunately, Leicester are very heavily reliant upon Vardy, as their match results when without him demonstrate. Given Vardy is is now into his 34th. Year, and that two of their remaining more accomplished players players have succumbed to the irresistible lure of big money, I cannot see the club being anything other than ‘a team to avoid’ rather than a challenger for even a top four spot. Wolves appear to have successfully retained, and even added to their squad With the financial backing available, and a manager of outstanding ability in command, it appears likely to me, they are going to cause a few problems to the top team, and I think a fourth or fifth spot finish is not beyond them.
Sheffield’s first performance was probably the biggest surprise of the season, for which they deserve every credit. Sadly it is not a club to which aspiring young players, or older players looking for that last bonanza, would be attracted. I do not expect he club to finish in the top lower half of the League. would be attracted. Spurs I have already dealt with, in my previous post, appearing above.
It appears to me the battle at the other end is going to be a real dogfight, and involve an unusually large number of clubs. I am, therefore, not going to be so foolish as to make any forecasts.
But I am happy to predict that Newcastle, Burnley, Southampton & Everton will be safe. I note, for the fourth season running the 'experts :roll: predict the Palace are certain to be among those relegated. Any bets?? [-( :lol:
1.Liverpool; 2 Chelsea; 3.City; 4. Utd. 5. Arsenal. 6. Spurs 7. Wolves.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » August 26, 2020, 6:13 pm

DMs Top 8 forecast
1. Wolves
2 Chelsea
3 Liverpool
4. City
5. United
6 Spurs
7. Arsenal
8. Leeds

Bottom.5 to fight it out to avoid the drop.
Brighton
Everton
Wba
Newcastle
C palace

Dm.
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » August 26, 2020, 7:03 pm

Which Team is This.....
EgWAFGRWAAAIMYC.jpg

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » August 26, 2020, 7:04 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
August 26, 2020, 6:13 pm
DMs Top 8 forecast
1. Wolves
2 Chelsea
3 Liverpool
4. City
5. United
6 Spurs
7. Arsenal
8. Leeds

Brighton
Everton
Wba
Newcastle
C palace

Dm.
Whatever Yer Do, DON'T Give up the Day Job....

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » August 26, 2020, 10:31 pm

A Better View of our New Stadium......
g_DxXP7j.jpg

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 27, 2020, 9:59 am

mathusalah80 wrote:
August 26, 2020, 5:09 pm
... Sheffield’s first performance was probably the biggest surprise of the season, for which they deserve every credit. Sadly it is not a club to which aspiring young players, or older players looking for that last bonanza, would be attracted. I do not expect he club to finish in the top lower half of the League. ...
...and then they signed Messi.

mathusalah80
udonmap.com

Post by mathusalah80 » August 27, 2020, 10:26 am

tamada wrote:
August 27, 2020, 9:59 am
mathusalah80 wrote:
August 26, 2020, 5:09 pm
... Sheffield’s first performance was probably the biggest surprise of the season, for which they deserve every credit. Sadly it is not a club to which aspiring young players, or older players looking for that last bonanza, would be attracted. I do not expect he club to finish in the top lower half of the League. ...
...and then they signed Messi.
Love it! On topic, with the bonus of some genuine football type humour. :lol: \:D/ =D>

mathusalah80
udonmap.com

Post by mathusalah80 » August 27, 2020, 11:30 am

747man wrote:
August 26, 2020, 10:31 pm
A Better View of our New Stadium......g_DxXP7j.jpg
Of which of the 20 or so new stadiums you have gone on ad neuseam hat Everton will be building, is this a photo! :roll:
Suggest you relieve us of the unbearable suspense by posting, in one post, the remaining fifty or so you undoubtedly will be letting us know , peace by painful peace, over the upcoming season. [-o<

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » August 27, 2020, 11:56 am

747man wrote:
August 26, 2020, 7:03 pm
Which Team is This.....EgWAFGRWAAAIMYC.jpg
Since you only know one team has to be Everton

mathusalah80
udonmap.com

Post by mathusalah80 » August 27, 2020, 3:06 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
August 26, 2020, 6:13 pm
DMs Top 8 forecast
1. Wolves
2 Chelsea
3 Liverpool
4. City
5. United
6 Spurs
7. Arsenal
8. Leeds

Brighton
Everton
Wba
Newcastle
C palace
Dm.
I agree John, if any team had any chance of 'dong a Leicester, I think it would be Wolves. Unfortunately, for Wolves, they will be competing against not just a couple, but at least fours, even five teams packed with in depth squads, the majority of whose members are of international class. Sorry to say, Wolves winning the title this coming season is just a pipe dream.
I think you must be losing your touch when I see your expectations of Leeds. Perhaps a case of your allowing your heart to overrule your mind? [-X
I also disagree with your view that Newcastle will be relegated. No chance! :-"
Logic suggest the Palace are near certainties for the drop. Try telling that to the Manager and his squad of worriers, who have defied the experts opinion for three consecutive years; and still retain a place in the EPL. =D>

Return to “World Sports”