A little ray of sunshine from Australia

Barney
udonmap.com

Re: A little ray of sunshine from Australia

Post by Barney » August 26, 2020, 9:04 pm

Jackspratt

I do not disagree with all you have said.
There are 2 if not more issues being conflated as you put it.
Unfortunately many independent issues are conflated so that eventually nothing is resolved.

But good news tonight is that Scott the saviour and the federal govt are going to legislate against state’s going alone and signing international agreements which may be detrimental to the whole of Australia’s interests. I’m sure plenty of debate will follow but at least the PM is finally standing up against what has been described as rogue premiers.
Basically the first being Chinese belts and roads agreement will be thrown out. But will eventually any international agreement from any country will be reviewed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 27, 2020, 6:45 am

^ How has Xi's Belt and Road mission affected Australia? I appreciate that for years China hoovered up loads of Australian ore and other minerals but AFAIK they haven't provided any railway lines or deepwater ports on lines of credit like they've done in Africa and Myanmar. Was the People's Republic of WA a possibility?

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » August 27, 2020, 12:10 pm

China's Belt and Road initiative with Australia, is nothing more than a "Poison Chalice".

If as China purport it to be, i.e. a Global Trade route, then it doesn't appear that they bothered to include Australia as part of the Maritime Globe, when China initially conceived it. Not from the Map Image below. Truth be known, China in struggling to entice countries into its web of the Belt and Road initiative.

Anyway, we already have Global Trade Routes throughout the World and the Regions, it’s just that China don’t control them, as they surely would, with the Belt and Road initiative.

Maybe in the future, the “Gates of Troy” will remain closed to China, as more and more Countries consider the downside of having all your Trading eggs in one basket with China or anyone other country, for that matter.

I am not advocating No Trade between Australia and China, but one of a more cautious approach in the future, so we don’t become a de facto Colony again.

China-Belt-and-Road-Initiative Map 1.jpg

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » August 27, 2020, 4:53 pm

Two little rays of sunshine. Essendon come from behind to beat Hawthorn. And it's Johnson rather than Scotty from Marketing who wants to appoint "the Trump-worshipping misogynist” to a senior trade role:

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-n ... SApp_Other
“I just find this appointment absolutely staggering,” Thornberry said. “On a personal level, I am disgusted that Boris Johnson thinks this offensive, leering, cantankerous, climate change-denying, Trump-worshipping misogynist is the right person to represent our country [the UK] overseas.

“And on a professional level, this is someone whose only experience of trade agreements was turning up to sign the treaties [the former Australian trade minister] Andrew Robb negotiated for him.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » August 27, 2020, 10:46 pm

And Thornberry is a Who or a What :confused: :-k

Opp's it slipped my mind. She is the Blimp, who has been "Sleeping close to the Fridge" \:D/ \:D/

Emily Thoronbery.jpg

pipoz4444

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » August 28, 2020, 6:54 am

pipoz4444 wrote:
August 27, 2020, 10:46 pm
Opp's it slipped my mind. She is the Blimp, who has been "Sleeping close to the Fridge" \:D/ \:D/
Emily Thoronbery.jpg
pipoz4444
“I just find this appointment absolutely staggering,” Thornberry said. “On a personal level, I am disgusted that Boris Johnson thinks this offensive, leering, cantankerous, climate change-denying, Trump-worshipping misogynist is the right person to represent our country [the UK] overseas.

But she (the useless bucket of lard) had no problem supporting Corbyn, McDonnel and Abbott as the face of Britain on an International stage. She should have been put out to pasture years ago.

Sport
udonmap.com

Post by Sport » August 28, 2020, 8:48 am

Great news for Australia, Tony Abbott will do well in this overseas position. Things looking great between Oz and the UK.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » August 28, 2020, 8:58 am

AlexO wrote:
August 28, 2020, 6:54 am
pipoz4444 wrote:
August 27, 2020, 10:46 pm
Emily Thoronbery.jpg
pipoz4444

But she (the useless bucket of lard) Thornbury had no problem supporting Corbyn, McDonnel and Abbott as the face of Britain on an International stage. She should have been put out to pasture years ago.
AGREE TOTALLY ... to think that those fruitcake bandits i highlighted in red rose so far up the political ladder within touching distance of power still astounds me ..

Ref Abbot .. Tony that is not the numerically challenged Diane .. not overly opposed to the appointment but couldnt Boris find someone more , lets say local ?? and British ??

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 28, 2020, 10:20 am

^ Tony (and not Diane) Abbott was born in Lambeth, London so he'll slide right in.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » August 28, 2020, 12:46 pm

GT93 wrote:
August 27, 2020, 4:53 pm
Two little rays of sunshine......... And it's Johnson rather than Scotty from Marketing who wants to appoint "the Trump-worshipping misogynist” to a senior trade role:
I guess it will be a step along the path for Australia's worst ever PM to achieve his desperately sought knighthood.

"Arise, Sir Tony of Budgie Smuggler". :fart:

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » August 28, 2020, 4:37 pm

I think he was a better Minister of Health. I recall reading he was ranked only the third worst Minister of Health in modern Australia. Well done Tony.

Good luck Britain. You'll need it.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » August 28, 2020, 5:16 pm

GT93 wrote:
August 28, 2020, 4:37 pm
I think he was a better Minister of Health. I recall reading he was ranked only the third worst Minister of Health in modern Australia. Well done Tony.

Good luck Britain. You'll need it.
I have no idea why anyone in UK politics would advocate someone in a land of big jumping rats and tall guys in very short shorts would be worried by anything that goes on more than 10K kilometers away from your rock. Perhaps Auckland and Victoria are the perfect examples of how not to do it.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 28, 2020, 6:01 pm

jackspratt wrote:
August 28, 2020, 12:46 pm
GT93 wrote:
August 27, 2020, 4:53 pm
Two little rays of sunshine......... And it's Johnson rather than Scotty from Marketing who wants to appoint "the Trump-worshipping misogynist” to a senior trade role:
I guess it will be a step along the path for Australia's worst ever PM to achieve his desperately sought knighthood.

"Arise, Sir Tony of Budgie Smuggler". :fart:
Liz already gave him a (smally) gong on her birthday honors list. Companion of the Order of Australia or something? I think the common abbreviation is CA. Pick your own words.

Tony Abbott has been given a Queen's Birthday honour for Indigenous service and border control

There ya go, lookin' out for the xxxxxx and the boat people.

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/tony-abbott ... er-control

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » August 28, 2020, 9:37 pm

AlexO wrote:
August 28, 2020, 5:16 pm
GT93 wrote:
August 28, 2020, 4:37 pm
"... in a land of big jumping rats and tall guys in very short shorts..."
Actually haven't heard that one before, its good. =D>

pipoz4444

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » August 28, 2020, 9:39 pm

tamada wrote:
August 28, 2020, 10:20 am
^ Tony (and not Diane) Abbott was born in Lambeth, London so he'll slide right in.
But he holds Aussie nationality ??
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » August 28, 2020, 9:51 pm

tamada wrote:
August 28, 2020, 6:01 pm

Liz already gave him a (smally) gong on her birthday honors list. Companion of the Order of Australia or something? I think the common abbreviation is CA. Pick your own words.

Tony Abbott has been given a Queen's Birthday honour for Indigenous service and border control
Nothing to do with Betty .... it's part of the Australian Awards System.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australia ... _Australia

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » August 29, 2020, 12:46 am

Albanesy the non significant leader of the Australian labor opposition has allowed his labor crew to continue to push the aged care Covid problem as a liberal problem.
But 97% of aged care homes in all of Australia have had no carona problems. But the most of the remaining 3% have come from the Victorian state.
The labor party of Australia just continues to prove how insignificant they are with this ridiculous narrative.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » August 29, 2020, 9:02 am

Government's role in aged care

The Commonwealth government is responsible for the aged care system in Australia. Aged care falls under the Department of Health. The majority of aged care homes receive Federal government funding via subsidies.

The Australian Aged Care Quality Agency
Before they can receive Commonwealth funding, all aged care homes in Australia have to be accredited and approved by the Australian Government. The government organisation responsible for managing both the accreditation process and the quality systems for government subsidised aged care homes is the Australian Aged Care Quality Agency.

https://www.agedcare101.com.au/aged-car ... -aged-care
My emphasis.

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » August 29, 2020, 10:59 pm

The Aussie dollar rate is sneaking up on the 23 baht area.
Not sure what’s causing this.
But super schemes in Aussie are also improving.
We need trump to win so currencies don’t collapse.
The China situation will go haywire if Biden wins. But can’t see that happening

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » August 30, 2020, 7:39 am

Yes, I've seen the NZ $ sneaking up against the baht. Perhaps there's some concern about political instability in Thailand given how much the economy is tanking. I foresee the US economy doing way better under the Democrats. Particularly if they take the Senate.

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”