What are the lessons people most often learn too late in life?

Looking for advise on hospitals, dentists and other health issues? Ask here.
DuiDui49
udonmap.com

What are the lessons people most often learn too late in life?

Post by DuiDui49 » September 7, 2020, 8:38 am

Steve Jobs, Jobs's last words.

He died of a billionaire at 56 years old from pancreatic cancer, and here are his last words on a sick bed:
′′I reached the peak of success in the business world. My life is the epitome of success in the opinion of others.

But, I have nothing to be happy about except work. In the end, wealth is just a reality of life that I am used to.
It was then, lying on a sick bed reminiscing my whole life, I realized all the recognition and the wealth that I was very proud of, became pale and meaningless in the face of the impending death.

You can hire someone to drive for you and make money for you, but you can't make someone else take the illness from you. Lost substance can be found. But there is one thing that can never be found when lost -”life".

When a person enters the operating room, he will find that there is a book that has not yet been read - ′′ The Healthy Living Book ". No matter what stage of life we are in right now, over time we will face the day when the curtain falls.Cherish the family that loves you, love your spouse, love your friends... be kind to yourself.

As we age, we gradually realize that wearing a $300 or $30 watch - they all tell me at the same time.

Whether we carry $300 or $30 purse / handbag - the money inside is the same.

Whether we drive a $150 k car or a $30,000 car, the road and distance are the same and we reach the same destination.

Whether we drink a $300 bottle or a $10 bottle of wine - hangover is the same.

The house we live in 300 sq ft or 3000 sq ft - loneliness is the same.

You will realize that your true inner happiness does not come from the material things of this world.

Whether you take a plane first or an economy class, if the plane collapses - you'll go with the flow.

Therefore, I hope you can recognize that when you have a partner, buddy, old friend, sibling, you talk, laugh, talk, sing, talk about North East Southwest or Heaven and Earth... that is true happiness!!”

Four undeniable facts of life:
1. Don't educate your children to be rich. Educate them to be happy. Therefore, when they grow up, they will know the value of things, not the price.
2. words for the best reward in London......"Take your food as your medicine. Otherwise you have to take medication as your food."
3. The person who loves you will never leave you to someone else because even if there are 100 reasons to give up on him or she will find a reason to hold on. There are huge differences between people.
4. Only a few really understand it. You were loved when you were born. You will be loved when you die. In between, you have to manage!

Note: If you just want to go fast, go alone! But if you want to go far, go together!

Six top doctors in the world
1. Sunshine
2. Rest
3. Exercise
4. Healthy diet
5. Confidence and confidence
6. Friends
True words indeed..something to contemplate on don't you think??

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Re: What are the lessons people most often learn too late in life?

Post by jackspratt » September 7, 2020, 9:47 am

They may be true words, but it is not true that they are the words of Steve Jobs (or Steve Gouves). :D

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/steve ... ed-speech/

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/billi ... ast-words/

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » September 7, 2020, 11:50 am

I learned to never trust politicians or lawyers. Especially not to trust politicians who are lawyers.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » September 7, 2020, 11:51 am

jackspratt wrote:
September 7, 2020, 9:47 am
They may be true words, but it is not true that they are the words of Steve Jobs (or Steve Gouves). :D

Thank you for the fact-check,other then that you don't have anything else to bring to the tabel?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 7, 2020, 1:10 pm

Internet forums are mostly full of rubbish.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » September 7, 2020, 3:01 pm

The thing that is most obvious to me after having followed this and other forums over the past 10 years in Thailand, is that by the time people are of retirement age it is nearly impossible to change their opinions on religion and politics. Their world view is usually set in stone and there's very little chance of changing how they perceive the important matters related to this life. People like myself get on here and try to present opposing opinions and are met with vile and personal attacks on their character, and for me it's a total waste of time and energy now to even participate in most discussions.
Attachments
Suffer.PNG
Peace.PNG
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

pf-flyer
udonmap.com

Post by pf-flyer » September 7, 2020, 4:12 pm

Life is a process of learning and realizing what is important in your life. My wife and I were married in Nong Han on 8 OCT 1973 during the Vietnam War when I was in the U.S. Air Force and Stationed here at the Air Force Base which is now the Udon Thani International Airport. We lived in Pennsylvania for 40 years. We sold our house and everything we could not pack into checked luggage and said goodbye to the kids and grandchildren and came to Thailand in 2012 to retire here and to build our retirement home here. I am now not the same person that arrived here in 2012. I have learned a lot and need to learn more about some of the things that I still do not understand. Living in a rural Thai farming village has taught me what is really important in life. It has taken me years to learn and to acclimate to living here and to realize the important things in life and for me the most important is my wife. We cannot change what happened yesterday because yesterday is gone and tomorrow is not here yet. We only have today. We do not have any guarantees in life. I lost my father in a drowning accident when I was 9 years old and grew up without a father. A lot of the lessons that I have learned in life I have learned the hard way. Life has been good to me and my wife in our life. The Thai concept of just living in today is not that bad after all. Life is too short. Jai Yen Yen
"Life is like a tube of toothpaste. Outward pressure brings out the inward contents."

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » September 7, 2020, 5:05 pm

pf-flyer wrote:
September 7, 2020, 4:12 pm
Life is a process of learning and realizing what is important in your life. My wife and I were married in Nong Han on 8 OCT 1973 during the Vietnam War when I was in the U.S. Air Force and Stationed here at the Air Force Base which is now the Udon Thani International Airport. We lived in Pennsylvania for 40 years. We sold our house and everything we could not pack into checked luggage and said goodbye to the kids and grandchildren and came to Thailand in 2012 to retire here and to build our retirement home here. I am now not the same person that arrived here in 2012. I have learned a lot and need to learn more about some of the things that I still do not understand. Living in a rural Thai farming village has taught me what is really important in life. It has taken me years to learn and to acclimate to living here and to realize the important things in life and for me the most important is my wife. We cannot change what happened yesterday because yesterday is gone and tomorrow is not here yet. We only have today. We do not have any guarantees in life. I lost my father in a drowning accident when I was 9 years old and grew up without a father. A lot of the lessons that I have learned in life I have learned the hard way. Life has been good to me and my wife in our life. The Thai concept of just living in today is not that bad after all. Life is too short. Jai Yen Yen
Thank you for an,in my opion,an excellent post.I've learned alot to living here fulltime 19 years now.Step by step as my wife says,even if i find that very hard to implement,i totally agree...Living here step by step,day by day and not to forget to be THANKFULL every day you wake up.I have roof over my head,food on my table,money to pay my bills,and healthy..a loveing caring wife .I never had many friends,neither in Sweden or here.,i find it very hard to find people who meets "criteria"of of a good friend.loyal and trustwordy,as hard as finding a life companion/wife that can take my ups and downs.It's hard to be a Farang living in a an other country,mostly the language barrier,but as long i'm willing to learn and most of all ADJUST my way of living here with the culture of Thailand..it's mostly okey.But it's not easy..step by step ;-)Live and let live..God bless u all :-)But it seems like most of the people here are not in to thinking deeper about the meaning of life,at least judging many of the posters post.Maybe i'm wrong,maybe not..

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » September 7, 2020, 5:16 pm

tamada wrote:
September 7, 2020, 1:10 pm
Thank you "tamada"for your post,it's true,but tell me what it has to do with my post.In my humble opinion your post is one that "contribute" to what you just have written above..agree?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 7, 2020, 5:25 pm

DuiDui49 wrote:
September 7, 2020, 5:16 pm
tamada wrote:
Thank you "tamada"for your post,it's true,but tell me what it has to do with my post.In my humble opinion your post is one that "contribute" to what you just have written above..agree?
Yes. Here's another, "Forums aren't a great platform for debating one's existential angst."

This includes, but is not limited to, supporting Everton.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 7, 2020, 5:27 pm

Sitting to take a piss isn't just for women and old people. It completely negates the toilet seat down or up debate and it's less messy too.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » September 7, 2020, 7:02 pm

tamada wrote:
September 7, 2020, 5:25 pm
DuiDui49 wrote:
September 7, 2020, 5:16 pm
tamada wrote:
Yes. Here's another, "Forums aren't a great platform for debating one's existential angst."

This includes, but is not limited to, supporting Everton.
Sharing IS caring..hmm,maybe just not for everyone.

Have a great evning "tamada" :-)

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » September 7, 2020, 7:40 pm

DuiDui49 wrote:
September 7, 2020, 11:51 am
jackspratt wrote:
September 7, 2020, 9:47 am

Thank you for the fact-check,other then that you don't have anything else to bring to the tabel?
Happy to leave the god-bothering and soul-saving to those on the forum who feel the need for it.

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » September 7, 2020, 10:50 pm

My lesson learned if you have a bicycle is

1. Wear a proper Helmut
2, Have mirrors

Alfie you are great at preaching to the converted try to live by the rules you put down to everyone

Background you begged me for a free puppy and stated u had no money to pay for it but would take care of it! and after I offered to give you one for free! You insulated me and wrote me a huge story why u won't take one. Please correct me if I'm wrong as easy to publish your email here! Then weeks later you are begging again for free cage to lock your puppy up then again days later you are asking someone else for a free pup.

All above is true and easily proved - trust me on that one

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » September 8, 2020, 7:33 am

dunroaming wrote:
September 7, 2020, 10:50 pm

1. Wear a proper Helmut
2, Have mirrors

Sorry to admitt,it took nearly a fatal accident for me to get the two things above :oops: :oops: Let me tell you Paul,i'm paying the price now.Btw,never seen you on a bicycle,if i missed someting maybe we could ride together?

Alfie you are great at preaching to the converted try to live by the rules you put down to everyone

Background you begged me for a free puppy and stated u had no money to pay for it but would take care of it! and after I offered to give you one for free! You insulated me and wrote me a huge story why u won't take one. Please correct me if I'm wrong as easy to publish your email here! Then weeks later you are begging again for free cage to lock your puppy up then again days later you are asking someone else for a free pup.
Just curious,any pics from mother and father,if so any Pedigree of parents?Guess not when i look at the price.If you don't find anyone/buyer let me know..i might be abel to take her as a fosterpuppy until you find a buyer.I have a AmStaff 5 nearly 6 month old..and a old soidog that i took care of after a hit-and-run accident.
Feel free to fill in wathever you like Paul..

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » September 8, 2020, 7:34 am

dunroaming wrote:
September 7, 2020, 10:50 pm

1. Wear a proper Helmut
2, Have mirrors

Sorry to admitt,it took nearly a fatal accident for me to get the two things above :oops: :oops: Let me tell you Paul,i'm paying the price now.Btw,never seen you on a bicycle,if i missed someting maybe we could ride together?

Just curious,any pics from mother and father,if so any Pedigree of parents?Guess not when i look at the price.If you don't find anyone/buyer let me know..i might be abel to take her as a fosterpuppy until you find a buyer.I have a AmStaff 5 nearly 6 month old..and a old soidog that i took care of after a hit-and-run accident.
Feel free to fill in wathever you like Paul..

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 8, 2020, 9:36 am

Bump
tamada wrote:

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » September 8, 2020, 10:13 am

tamada wrote:
September 8, 2020, 9:36 am
Bump
tamada wrote:
God morning Mr.tamada !
Nice to see someone posting some quality posts this early..*sarcasm*;-)Have a great day..:-)

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » September 8, 2020, 10:28 am

The words ' What are the lessons people most often learn too late in life ', often invoke a surprised reply as one often thinks something deep and sincere is about to be shared with the reader. But this is just a generalisation of lessons learnt often in many cases too late.

I often said to my students the most important word to learn is WHY ? , it always requires an answer and your goal in life is always find the answer to the question, never stop asking why.
Too often we get to certain age and stop asking, many just now accept , chill out and shuttle off, often leaving many questions un-answered.

Keeping your mind active, by reading a book or books, taking up a hobby or hobbies, showing an interest generally. Too easy to sink into a lethargic lifestyle, drinking, eating and such.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » September 8, 2020, 10:53 am

Khun Paul wrote:
September 8, 2020, 10:28 am
The words ' What are the lessons people most often learn too late in life ', often invoke a surprised reply as one often thinks something deep and sincere is about to be shared with the reader. But this is just a generalisation of lessons learnt often in many cases too late.

I often said to my students the most important word to learn is WHY ? , it always requires an answer and your goal in life is always find the answer to the question, never stop asking why.
Too often we get to certain age and stop asking, many just now accept , chill out and shuttle off, often leaving many questions un-answered.

Keeping your mind active, by reading a book or books, taking up a hobby or hobbies, showing an interest generally. Too easy to sink into a lethargic lifestyle, drinking, eating and such.
God morning KP !I agree 110% of your post..and i think the latter part of your post says alot,people just stop to ask WHY,and up to those people..I just wonder WHY many of the posters think my post are maybe to "deep..easy just stop asking -WHY-.

Have a great day KP..:-)

Return to “Health & Beauty”