Re: U.S. Politics

Post by Kenr6583 » November 6, 2020, 11:02 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
November 6, 2020, 9:48 pm
Kenr6583 wrote:
November 6, 2020, 9:25 pm
stattointhailand wrote:
November 6, 2020, 2:18 pm
are US elections run by reality TV presenters?

3 days and still counting (literally) [-X [-X [-X

beggers belief that the uk results take less than an hour at times (Sunderland/Newcastle) from polls close to result announced
Texas has only counted 85% so far.
what are they doing instead ....................... building a wall or something :lol:
There are no states that have ever had all their ballots counted, except for maybe some of the very small northeastern states, by the end of the election night. It usually takes days afterwards to make sure all the ballots are counted.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 7, 2020, 7:05 am

glalt wrote:
November 6, 2020, 10:58 pm
I don't think Biden won the election. Trump lost because so many people decided that anyone was better than Trump. The hate Trump majority won the election. His big mouth pissed people off.
Trump won in 2016 because people thought that anyone would be better than Clinton. That still stands.

The silence from the GOP leadership camp that follows each of Trump's televised temper tantrums is truly deafening. Even McConnell and Graham are choosing their words of Republican 'encouragement' very carefully.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » November 7, 2020, 7:22 am

Did any of us here for one moment thought that POTUS, would go quietly, temper tantrums, false accusations and the like are the Norm from this lying son of a bitch . Coupled with the mentality of many of his so-called supporters .

I am not surprised and sadly to say it does show just how divisive he has been, true he may have in a small way tried to make America great but the p[rice America is paying for its cohesiveness and outward show of Democracy is now in tatters as is in many ways how the rest of the world views it . Many Americans may say, who cares, well for a country with only 331 million people as against the 7 odd BILLION in the rest of the world nothing if your a isolationist American but for the rest a lot.

So it appears that barring a fire or major upset Orange Blob will be a thing of the past. All Trumpers not happy but do not tell us all how undemocratic it was, because no-one will believe you NOW !

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » November 7, 2020, 8:09 am

Khun Paul wrote:
November 7, 2020, 7:22 am
Did any of us here for one moment thought that POTUS, would go quietly, temper tantrums, false accusations and the like are the Norm from this lying son of a bitch . Coupled with the mentality of many of his so-called supporters .

I am not surprised and sadly to say it does show just how divisive he has been, true he may have in a small way tried to make America great but the p[rice America is paying for its cohesiveness and outward show of Democracy is now in tatters as is in many ways how the rest of the world views it . Many Americans may say, who cares, well for a country with only 331 million people as against the 7 odd BILLION in the rest of the world nothing if your a isolationist American but for the rest a lot.

So it appears that barring a fire or major upset Orange Blob will be a thing of the past. All Trumpers not happy but do not tell us all how undemocratic it was, because no-one will believe you NOW !
KP you are showing up as the arch typical left wing so called Democrat. Reverting to personal insults of the 'Democratically' elected POTUS and calling into question the mental capacity of the majority of US citizens is unfortunately the trend of most left wing buttercups. I have to say that you are less than famous for your honesty and famous for your tendency to exaggerate your past life achievements, so perhaps the pot should stop calling the kettle black and leave American political choices to Americans. There seems to be a growing trend for non Americans trying to outdo each other and invent the best/worst insults for the current POTUS and his supporters.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » November 7, 2020, 8:24 am

Khun Paul wrote:
November 7, 2020, 7:22 am

Half right Paul.

It will not go away, Right Wing populism will not go away. 48 million people still think the sun shines out of his pockmarked ar$e.

White America feels under threat, Trump held out the promise to make them great again, and they welcomed that message with ridiculous religious fervor. America on a whole, abhors intellectualism, that is why, unlike the rest of the Western world, a huge percentage hang on to conservative Christianity. It's easy, you don't have to think you just blindly accept the simplicity of

Christian = good, non Christian bad
Guns good = no guns bad
America good = rest of the world inferior (bad)
Rich people good = poor people bad
Freedom good = regulation bad
Patriotism good = worldliness bad

With an outdated constitution, an attitude locked into 18th and 19th century attitudes and an introverted view of the world, Trump populism has a lot of charge in its batteries still.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » November 7, 2020, 8:29 am

tamada wrote:
November 7, 2020, 7:05 am
glalt wrote:
I don't think Biden won the election. Trump lost because so many people decided that anyone was better than Trump. The hate Trump majority won the election. His big mouth pissed people off.
Trump won in 2016 because people thought that anyone would be better than Clinton. That still stands.

The silence from the GOP leadership camp that follows each of Trump's televised temper tantrums is truly deafening. Even McConnell and Graham are choosing their words of Republican 'encouragement' very carefully.
Totally agree Tam. I am no great fan of DT and since the last PE have stated many times that he was the lesser of the 2 evils on offer. The same stands this time not because I think Biden is as bad or even as nearly bad as Hilary, I just cannot get my head round why the Democrats would put forward someone who has to concentrate on controlling bodily functions rather than having the mental capacity to lead the notional leader of the free world. Quick question. How many large companies/organisations have a 78 year old as their CEO. I have posted if it gets past the moderators what the betting odds are that the USA end up with their first lady POTUS within 2 years if 'Old Joe' wins. I am still firmly in the surely the USA can come up with better options camp but will continue to support any honestly democratically elected representative.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » November 7, 2020, 8:54 am

tamada wrote:
glalt wrote:

I don't think biden won the election :lol: ,another one of those BS sayings that actually means nothing at all. Trump lost because he's a useless president. Making excuses that the opponent got more collage votes and the popular vote is somehow Trumps fault is true . he lost simple as that ,make as many imaginary reasons as you like but it turns out he was an unpopular president. He simply wasn't good enough to win a second term
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » November 7, 2020, 9:12 am

In any competition there is a winner and there is a loser. Since nobody has won yet, there can be no loser. In 2016, the hate Trump majority won the majority vote, but lost through the electoral college votes, which is the process that United States uses to elect their president.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » November 7, 2020, 9:19 am

papafarang wrote:
November 7, 2020, 8:54 am
tamada wrote:
glalt wrote:

I don't think biden won the election :lol: ,another one of those BS sayings that actually means nothing at all. Trump lost because he's a useless president. Making excuses that the opponent got more collage votes and the popular vote is somehow Trumps fault is true . he lost simple as that ,make as many imaginary reasons as you like but it turns out he was an unpopular president. He simply wasn't good enough to win a second term
If he was so unpopular, and a useless president, then why is the election so close.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 7, 2020, 9:25 am

Hope ur ok Ken .. i read up on how the US election works regarding votes n electoral college etc .. i get all that but why do different states have hugely different rules regs n laws as to how the votes are counted etc ..

I wish who ever had won it had been a clean n clear decsion then none of the bs were gonna have to go threw in the coming weeks n months ..

Just to clarify .. never really was a staunch Trumpite .. or Biden basher my posts were always to be taken tongue in check .. and nit trolling as mr sprat laid at my door .

I have a beautiful 15 yr daughter in Washington DC ..spoke to her yesterday , studying from.home due to covid her comment was .. its a real mess here both her and her mom say Trump represents the normal people .. who ever they are

Newt .. open ti conjecture if Trumo has been bad or good depends who you talk to .. just dont ask statto

Dm
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 7, 2020, 9:33 am

^^ Winning (or losing) by a few percentage points is neither a symbol of popularity nor is it one of public vilification. It's symbolic of deep-seated divisiveness and a broad public disagreement with the politics and personalities of BOTH sides.

Look at the historical "winner versus loser" statistics of previous U.S. presidential elections and you may be able to spot the truly popular ones. The nice ones were either stopped by term limits or, possibly more often, let the hubris surrounding being POTUS fill their heads. The failed dynastic dreams of Kennedy, Clinton and Bush... and now Trump.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » November 7, 2020, 9:37 am

Trump represents the normal people??? O right, the WHITE ones.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 7, 2020, 9:42 am

^^^ The way I understand it that individual states in the United States are enabled by the Constitution of the United States to make their own electoral laws and rules as long they fall under and don't breach federal mandates.

It's all about what already makes America great,.. "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" as stated in the Declaration of Independence and protected by the Constitution.
Last edited by tamada on November 7, 2020, 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » November 7, 2020, 9:42 am

If he was an unpopular president. He simply wasn't good enough to win a second term
[/quote]

If he was so unpopular, and a useless president, then why is the election so close.
[/quote]

Definitely surprised and sadden by how close the election was, but have accepted that there are more uneducated and selfish/self serving Americans then we care to admit.
*Qualifier: I'm a non-college graduate, only a Hawaii Public School graduate (so, not the brightest tool). Have, however served 30 years in the US military...so believe I have served my Country and understand sacrifice.

Now just hoping the follow-up investigations and criminal charges will open peoples eyes (longshot, but there's hope) on how they were played/duped into supporting Trump.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » November 7, 2020, 9:50 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
November 7, 2020, 9:25 am
Hope ur ok Ken .. i read up on how the US election works regarding votes n electoral college etc .. i get all that but why do different states have hugely different rules regs n laws as to how the votes are counted etc ..

I wish who ever had won it had been a clean n clear decsion then none of the bs were gonna have to go threw in the coming weeks n months ..

Just to clarify .. never really was a staunch Trumpite .. or Biden basher my posts were always to be taken tongue in check .. and nit trolling as mr sprat laid at my door .

I have a beautiful 15 yr daughter in Washington DC ..spoke to her yesterday , studying from.home due to covid her comment was .. its a real mess here both her and her mom say Trump represents the normal people .. who ever they are

Newt .. open ti conjecture if Trumo has been bad or good depends who you talk to .. just dont ask statto

Dm
What's going on DM?

As for your question as to why each state has different rules, I don't know the answer to that. But I can' answer that each state is independent from the federal government, as it should be, and it is the STATE that sets their rules on how they determine who wins their vote for president, not the federal government.

Do I believe Trump represents the normal people? That's an easy one, f*** no. He panders to specific groups, and that is one thing he is good at, but given his history as a "businessman", which he has carried over to the White House, he cares about no one but himself and his family business, because he has destroyed a lot of people for a $. There is not one thing he has done that has not benefited him in one way or another, whether it be monies or doing things that he doesn't believe in just to get votes.

A president should be a leader for all the people, not just the ones who worship him. I've never in my life heard a president attack another group of individuals he is supposed to be representing just to stir the pot and get his followers all worked up.

Unfortunately here in the United States it seems some people like drama more than they like normalcy. His constant lying and b*********** has caught up to him. I was reading, and I don't know if it is true or not, but this is the largest turnout for voting ever.

For me, the $20 extra a week I get because of his tax cut is not worth the damage that is being done to the deficit and to future generations here.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » November 7, 2020, 9:58 am

Looks like the stereotype, the rest of the world has of the arrogant, ignorant, loud mouthed American holds true, for the most part.
Last edited by newtovillagelife on November 7, 2020, 10:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 7, 2020, 9:59 am

newtovillagelife wrote:
November 7, 2020, 9:37 am
So why then did he do so well with the black n espanic n mix race asian voters ??

Good answer Ken ...

Not a lot happening .. im.up at my buriram.bannork residence waiting for some paperwork from.land office n preparing for a Bkk bizz trip ..

My daughter is half English quarter thai quarter Khmeŕ n shes inthe US with her mom.who married a ###### .. 3 or 4 yr visa twas nice video call her via her granny who is my next door nieghbour .

Just had the local pooyaiban election the village n it went off without any counting issues or rioting .. as is the guy who paid the most got the most votes 55555 ..love it

Not too much alcoholic celbration Ken .. you git work to do

Dm
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » November 7, 2020, 10:04 am

newtovillagelife wrote:
November 7, 2020, 9:37 am
So absolutely no black, Hispanic, Asian or other non white voted for Trump?? and no whites voted for Biden? Stop with the racism.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » November 7, 2020, 10:04 am

So why then did he do so well with the black n espanic n mix race asian voters ??

Just the 'Uncle Toms' and wannabe Whites.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » November 7, 2020, 10:09 am

Whether you want to admit it or not, Trump did a good job. It was his big mouth and personality that lost the election for him. People don't like the I,I,I did everything good and nothing bad plus all his bragging. I don't like the far left move towards socialism. Free education, health care and generous welfare benefits sound good to those with their hands out but the big question is who is going to pay for it? Working people will not be happy giving half of their paychecks to the government. Voters have learned that they can vote themselves more benefits from the government. They don't care that their taxes will go up drastically because many don't work anyways.

Return to “U.S. Politics”