Will Trump concede?

Whistler
udonmap.com

Re: Will Trump concede?

Post by Whistler » November 17, 2020, 9:36 am

What is very obvious is that Trump will never concede as long as he can be successful in soliciting money from his base to build his own PAC.

The PAC will be his personal piggy bank, at least for a while.

US regulations require that PAC's have to file regular financial disclosure statements. We can be pretty certain that when these become public, almost all of the money not directly attributed to admin costs, will go directly to Trump or affiliated persons and institutions.

The Art of the Steal should be the title of Trumps next book.

I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 17, 2020, 9:47 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
November 17, 2020, 9:08 am
Mosquito wrote:
November 17, 2020, 8:53 am
Drunk Monkey wrote:
November 17, 2020, 8:26 am
Hang on you cant count the 180 mil that didnt vote for whatever reason.. only the people that voted have the say surely.thus so very close half THE PEOPLE THAT VOTED which leads me to believe they were happy with what Trump was doing .. or didnt like the woke left agenda of Biden n Harris...

my point being if Trump was so bad why did so many vote for him and shock all the pollsters in doing so.

My comment is my opinion .. KP you need to double check the topic header and the post your replying too to at least make an legible and/or helpful response so as not to derail a thread as is all to comon place .

Example .. this mornings silly comment on the classifieds display fridge sale .. absolutely no use what so ever when the OP had a perfectly adequate post including a clear picture.. alas a sperson who openly is a fridge im not suprised by YOUR comment.

Tally ho

DM

Will take a shot at this, only my opinion...

Trump Votes:
1/4 Die Hard Republicans
1/4 Racist or Anti-Immigration
1/4 Not educated enough to tell the truth from a lie / Will believe anything, if it fits their narrative.
1/4 Mainly for financial gain (actual or perceived) / Personal Reasons. Key: Only caring about themselves, not the country.

Biden Votes:
1/2 Just hate Trump (lies/Covid-19 handling/corruption, actual or perceived/Global Warming)
1/2 Die Hard Democrats. Help that there was a Black Women on the Ticket.

End of the Day, 5 million more American's Voted for now President Elect Biden.
Yes i can go with them comments Mozzie .. and i agree with you .. :shock: :shock:

still leaves to point Trump surprised many including the most experienced pollsters in the number of votes he received, despite which sectors of society they came from.

Ken interesting statement about Jo Jo being the difference in a Trump win Arizona and PA ... that could well be correct.

DM
So Trump galvanized his base to get the most votes for a Republican presidential challenger ever? Big deal.

His divisiveness drove EVEN MORE people to vote for a Democrat presidential challenger than ever before.

NOT winning!

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » November 17, 2020, 9:51 am

I guess the same argument could be made for Clinton; if she was so bad why did she win the popular vote in 2016 by millions?

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 17, 2020, 10:05 am

Kenr6583 wrote:
November 17, 2020, 9:51 am
I guess the same argument could be made for Clinton; if she was so bad why did she win the popular vote in 2016 by millions?
Arrrrr my point exactly Ken .. there again she had not been in the big chair to be judged on ..Obama had , the fact Trumps loss wasnt by a greater margin as all the pollsters had predicted means a sizable number of the population were happy with what he had done and voted for him (again).. just wasnt enough to beat Biden n more so Harris who IMO was the ace up sleepy Joes sleeve.

dm
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 17, 2020, 11:26 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
November 17, 2020, 10:05 am
Kenr6583 wrote:
November 17, 2020, 9:51 am
Arrrrr my point exactly Ken .. there again she had not been in the big chair to be judged on ..Obama had , the fact Trumps loss wasnt by a greater margin as all the pollsters had predicted means a sizable number of the population were happy with what he had done and voted for him (again).. just wasnt enough to beat Biden n more so Harris who IMO was the ace up sleepy Joes sleeve.

dm
The 2016 results saw 304 for Trump versus 227 for Clinton. Trump called it a landslide.

The 2020 results saw 306 for Biden and 232 for Trump. Suddenly it's not landslide.

In 2020, Donald Trump increased the Republican 2016 vote count by 10.1 million. A 16% uplift

In 2020, Joe Biden increased the Democrat vote count by 12.8 million. A 19.5% uplift.

In 2016, Trump flipped 6 states and won.

In 2020, Biden only flipped 5 states and still won.

Trump...still NOT winning!

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 17, 2020, 12:09 pm

never said Trump was winning Tam ..just this last election he got a large size of the vote so some were happy with his work over the last 3 years and liked him his policies and his style of presidency ... he didny win he lost , thats not in question ..unless the courts say different :shock:

Trump .. still NOT winning ....... just doing better than all the "experts"predicted

DM

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 17, 2020, 12:31 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
November 17, 2020, 12:09 pm
never said Trump was winning Tam ..just this last election he got a large size of the vote so some were happy with his work over the last 3 years and liked him his policies and his style of presidency ... he didny win he lost , thats not in question ..unless the courts say different :shock:

Trump .. still NOT winning ....... just doing better than all the "experts"predicted

DM
Since we are skipping through popular vote land at the moment, so far it seems that 73,124,370 voters were "happy with his work over the last 3 years and liked him his policies and his style of presidency."

On the other hand, so far it appears that 78,727,367 were NOT ''happy with his work over the last 3 years and liked him his policies and his style of presidency."

If you need another shovel, back in 2016 it appeared that 62,984,828 Trump voters liked what they saw and heard.

On the other hand, 65,853,514 didn't.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 17, 2020, 12:37 pm

Tamina .. im not skipping thru anywhere just pointing out the FACTS .. 2020 Trump did way better than expected ..and in FACT got more votes than in 2016 .. tho this time he lost ..which isnt winning... we dont need any more numbers.

Trump still lost ..NOT WINNING .. but did ok for a one legged cowboy in an arse kickin contest .

DM

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » November 17, 2020, 12:42 pm

Keep in mind that Biden did not win the election. It was anyone except Trump that won. About the same way that Trump won, it was anyone but Hillary.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 17, 2020, 1:39 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
November 17, 2020, 12:37 pm
Tamina .. im not skipping thru anywhere just pointing out the FACTS .. 2020 Trump did way better than expected ..and in FACT got more votes than in 2016 .. tho this time he lost ..which isnt winning... we dont need any more numbers.

Trump still lost ..NOT WINNING .. but did ok for a one legged cowboy in an arse kickin contest .

DM
You been on the Chang early or what? They BOTH got more votes than 2016, it's just Biden got more of them which irks the guy who just got fired and is so depressed, he's stopped using his orange hair spray.

In the run-up to the 2020 election and depending on what media stream had your ear, it was always going to be either,

A ) a landslide for either party, or
B ) too close to call.

As the results came in on election night, it quickly became clear that the A ) landslide option wasn't going to happen for anyone and what we ended up with was the recently concluded cliffhanger also known as B ). In other words, it all went exactly as predicted by those that have a firmer grip on reality.

Now if one eschewed all mainstream media and sought counsel from the more radical, fake news, conspiracy theorist blogs and Tweets from both sides of the political spectrum then that's fine. If anyone actually bought into the landslide of either party myth, then, well...

Last number for the day (I promise) is about hindsight.

20/20
Last edited by tamada on November 17, 2020, 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

anefarious1
udonmap.com

Post by anefarious1 » November 17, 2020, 1:43 pm

glalt wrote:
November 17, 2020, 12:42 pm
Keep in mind that Biden did not win the election. It was anyone except Trump that won. About the same way that Trump won, it was anyone but Hillary.
Biden DID win the election. Trump, being Trump, helped him get the win and he actually did win by a landslide (according to the loser's definition of a landslide)!

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 17, 2020, 1:51 pm

anefarious1 wrote:
November 17, 2020, 1:43 pm
glalt wrote:
Biden DID win the election. Trump, being Trump, helped him get the win and he actually did win by a landslide (according to the loser's definition of a landslide)!

Plenty of vids showing Trump confirming that he thinks 306 IS a landslide

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 17, 2020, 1:58 pm

anefarious1 wrote:
glalt wrote:
I read an article last week where some right-wing hack was claiming that the ~2% Independent vote, the TRUE "never Trumpers" and "but Hillary's" of the nation, are the ones that cost Trump this election.

So many straws, so much clutching, still losing.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 17, 2020, 2:00 pm

tamada wrote:
November 17, 2020, 1:58 pm
anefarious1 wrote:
glalt wrote:
I read an article last week where some right-wing hack was claiming that the ~2% Independent vote, the TRUE "never Trumpers" and "but Hillary's" of the nation, are the ones that cost Trump this election.

But to coin an old Brucie catchphrase ... DIDNT HE DO WELL !!!!

dm

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 17, 2020, 2:08 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
November 17, 2020, 1:51 pm
anefarious1 wrote:
glalt wrote:
Plenty of vids showing Trump confirming that he thinks 306 IS a landslide
In terms of a landslide, Trump's self-proclaimed 2016 win comes 22nd in the league of US Presidential Election 'landslides'. Even both of Barack Obama's wins were more landslidey than Trump's one-hit-wonder. I guess that is really quite upsetting for the increasingly redundant bloatard.

FWIW, here's the Top Ten real landslides.
top 10.jpg

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 17, 2020, 2:14 pm

Comorn Tam you promised ..NO MORE NUMBERS ..

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » November 17, 2020, 2:16 pm

Next milestone - the size of Biden's inauguration crowd on 20 January.

I predict it will be yuuuge ..... and another slap in the face of the outgoing BOB. =D>

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » November 17, 2020, 2:38 pm

popularity or getting out the vote???

Obama 2008 popular vote count: 69,500,000

Obama 2012 popular vote count: 65,915,795

with all votes not counted but it won't change much:

Biden 2020 popular vote 78,975,825

Trump 2020 popular vote: 73,288,034
Dave

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 17, 2020, 2:53 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
November 17, 2020, 2:00 pm
tamada wrote:
November 17, 2020, 1:58 pm
anefarious1 wrote:
glalt wrote:

But to coin an old Brucie catchphrase ... DIDNT HE DO WELL !!!!

dm
And if he behaves himself and concedes, he can keep the bloody toaster.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » November 18, 2020, 11:26 am

Trump has now sacked the guy he appointed to be in charge of cyber security for the election.

His offence - doing his job properly, and keeping the election secure in cyber space.

Trump really is a despicable blowfly - and yet there some here, and many more in the US, who are too blind to see, or too thick to understand.
US President Donald Trump has fired the director of the federal agency that vouched for the reliability of the 2020 election that delivered victory to Democratic rival Joe Biden.

Mr Trump sacked Chris Krebs in a tweet, saying his recent statement defending the security of the election was "highly inaccurate"

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-11-18/ ... y/12895192

Return to “U.S. Politics”