new payment rstrictions

General Udon Thani topics only!
dragonz
udonmap.com

new payment rstrictions

Post by dragonz » November 16, 2020, 1:16 pm

I know most people know about lazada wallet being blocked for farangs and last week i tried to pay my 3bb and electric bill in a tesco express where i have paid lots of times . This time they wanted my passport to give them money ??!!!! Would not let me pay , went into 7/11 next door and paid no problem. Well a new one even more stupid .I tried to by an app from google playstore on my phone but it would not work .Phoned ais and was told foreigners no longer can pay using ais , ie taking money off your phone . this app was 59 baht.
Next day i tried again and then got he message not allowed so i thought i use my wifes phone but that just said error so i phoned ais again saying this was a thai phone but still would not work . I was told any thai that wanted to pay for apps using ais have to register their phone with their id card number . I said that my wife had already registered her simcard with her id number but they said she would have to do it to register to pay and sent me a link to register . Link did not work web page unavailable .
My paypal account no longer works with playstore ,or lazada its blocked ? tried to register with various pay services ie true wallet air pay etc , foreigners all blocked.
Ais and lazada told me it was to stop money laundering , 59 baht ?! SUrely money laundering involves millions not 59 bahts . the mind boggles at the stupidity of these peop[le . now nobody in thailand van buy anything from google play without a credit card

blade450x
udonmap.com

Re: new payment rstrictions

Post by blade450x » November 18, 2020, 8:40 pm

if you can get a Pink ID card. It has a Thai ID card number on it. I had no problems getting a contract pay monthly phone in my name with one of these. Im sure a pre paid one to do payments will be easier. I would also go in to the AIS shop in central, smile and show them your issue and let them fix it for you. I have found they are really helpful

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 18, 2020, 9:07 pm

If a million people fiddle 59 baht, that's 59 million baht fiddled.

Money Laundering for Dummies: chapter 3, page 66.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 18, 2020, 9:09 pm

Thai people need to present their ID card at service desks to pay utility bills. AFAIK, been that way for the best part of a year already.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 18, 2020, 9:10 pm

My PayPal still works everywhere I want to use it.

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » November 18, 2020, 11:11 pm

I pay electric telephone water etc all by direct debit no issues at all, never had any problem getting Thais to accept money

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 18, 2020, 11:47 pm

pay water/elec/internet bills @7/11. last 6 months had probs several times, but usually sorted when someone who knows what they are doing comes to the till and takes over.. 7/11 @PTT near car tax centre is hopeless as nobody seems to have a clue (petrol station is pretty cr*p too thinking about it)

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » November 19, 2020, 7:14 am

only thing i am going to say about this ...
if you are not happy and unable to follow new rules implemented by the instances of a country where you are a guest my advice would be leave ,you do not belong here ,do not stay in a country where the stupidity of people is bothering you and more do not marry one...
learning to adapt to the (new) rules of a foreign country is not easy ,(you agree or not with them is irrelevant) surely as you are not open for change ,we can see results of this in Europe, where most new people not wanting to adapt but only change everything to their way of thinking ...,that is why Europe is lost and i am here as i am sure this will not happen in Los ... ,btw i do not have all these problems as i do not have anything registered on my falang name ..
enjoy your stay ;)

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » November 19, 2020, 7:30 am

you can take easy any thais id card to pay a utility bill at fe lotus/big c , it does not have to be similar to the one named on the bill , so easy for me i always take my wifes id card to pay our bills (at big c noi)and a bill of friends who are staying abroad, no problem at all, so many choices ...(if you follow their rules)
my lazada account /wallet is in wifes name ,shopee too,when not opened a wallet on shopee they will refund items on your bank account (if you are willing to supply your info?) , no problems at all...
about online payment crap , can not help you as i am a neanderthal in this case ... as info ;)

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » November 19, 2020, 7:36 am

tamada wrote:
November 18, 2020, 9:09 pm
Thai people need to present their ID card at service desks to pay utility bills. AFAIK, been that way for the best part of a year already.
Only seems to be asked for sometimes

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 19, 2020, 7:39 am

^ YMMV... TIT... etc., etc..

"The day you don't have your ID, they ask. The day you have your ID, they don't ask," said Somchai Baiginkhao.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » November 19, 2020, 8:56 am

kopkei wrote:
November 19, 2020, 7:30 am
you can take easy any thais id card to pay a utility bill at fe lotus/big c , it does not have to be similar to the one named on the bill , so easy for me i always take my wifes id card to pay our bills (at big c noi)and a bill of friends who are staying abroad, no problem at all, so many choices ...(if you follow their rules)
my lazada account /wallet is in wifes name ,shopee too,when not opened a wallet on shopee they will refund items on your bank account (if you are willing to supply your info?) , no problems at all...
about online payment crap , can not help you as i am a neanderthal in this case ... as info ;)

Agree 100% never had any problems , never use on-line as I still do not trust their security systems, the only issue I had was that upon being told I had a discount due on my Big C shoppers card, they then asked for a Passport to verify it was me, that is taking the normal request to a higher level of stupidity. Got the discount but then complained to the Customer service Desk who then asked why I was asked, I said your rules you tell me.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » November 19, 2020, 9:06 am

dunroaming wrote:
November 18, 2020, 11:11 pm
I pay electric telephone water etc all by direct debit no issues at all, never had any problem getting Thais to accept money
Must be that rich mix of North East Scotland blood in them. :-" :-"

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 19, 2020, 9:10 am

Before you got your proper cob on and filed your complaint with the ICHR in The Hague, did you ask or offer your Thai driving license or any other Thai state-issued personal identification to Big C customer service?

FWIW, the default identification method for a foreigner in most any country that's not his homeland is his passport. Shocking but true as they say at Ripley's.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » November 19, 2020, 9:33 am

Khun Paul wrote:
November 19, 2020, 8:56 am
Got the discount but then complained to the Customer service Desk who then asked why I was asked, I said your rules you tell me.
Did they tell you? What did they say?
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » November 19, 2020, 10:15 am

Niggly wrote:
November 19, 2020, 9:33 am
Khun Paul wrote:
Got the discount but then complained to the Customer service Desk who then asked why I was asked, I said your rules you tell me.
OMG you want it spelt out so a child can understand, they were in fact amazed I was asked, but as you need the whole conversation including the fascial expressions so your little brain can comprehend , I apologise I did not think I had to remember chapter and verse for the less intelligent ones who use this forum .
Oh by the way Tamada another cashier who recognised me automatically gave me the discount. Hence the complaint.
Everybody clear now including the resident OIK. Good.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » November 19, 2020, 10:44 am

Khun Paul wrote:
November 19, 2020, 10:15 am
Niggly wrote:
Khun Paul wrote:
OMG you want it spelt out so a child can understand, they were in fact amazed I was asked, but as you need the whole conversation including the fascial expressions so your little brain can comprehend , I apologise I did not think I had to remember chapter and verse for the less intelligent ones who use this forum .
Oh by the way Tamada another cashier who recognised me automatically gave me the discount. Hence the complaint.
You really are a weapon aren’t you.
That was a sensible question to understand what their rules were, which I notice you still haven’t been able to answer.
You either asked & they told you or more likely made the whole exchange up.
If you don’t want to help then stop posting half statements or imaginary things that happened in your head
Last edited by Niggly on November 19, 2020, 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » November 19, 2020, 11:02 am

Khun Paul wrote:
the only issue I had was that upon being told I had a discount due on my Big C shoppers card
I’ll wager the discount was buy your usual pack of adult diapers then get a second at half price.

You need as much 5hit absorbing material as possible so go for it

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 19, 2020, 11:40 am

Khun Paul wrote:
November 19, 2020, 10:15 am
Niggly wrote:
Khun Paul wrote:
I can well imagine the cashier that "knows" you thinking, "Oh no, it's him again! Better give him his bloody discount. I know what he can get like!"

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » November 19, 2020, 11:46 am

^Probably didn’t want to risk getting drenched in spittle as he got worked up.
He’d be like a stroke victim trying to whistle

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”