Will Trump concede?

Whistler
udonmap.com

Re: Will Trump concede?

Post by Whistler » November 22, 2020, 7:25 pm

I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 22, 2020, 7:50 pm

Whistler wrote:
November 22, 2020, 2:25 pm
sometimewoodworker wrote:
November 21, 2020, 12:48 pm
Military of all nations are indoctrinated with a requirement to not think for themselves and to follow orders. The higher ranks may have an ability to think and may use it.

The American education system and media does not, in general, teach critical thinking.
The American media is rather polarised so the watchers of fox are not exposed to the whole truth, unless they bother to watch the actual news section and even then get a limited amount of anything critical of tRump, so it’s not surprising they believe what they see.

Unfortunately the current Narcissistic psychopath at the top has made clear to the world how much of the “American superiority” is bluff braggadocio and hubris
That is not entirly the case, the PBS network is very good and is on a par with the BBC and ABC. I know many on here considers both to be too liberal, but I founs it to be pretty good when I lived in the USA.
Agreed. Citing ONLY Fox suggests a rather blinkered view on US media influence. Including Fox in any argument about the shortcomings of the US educational system is rather obtuse to say the least.

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » November 22, 2020, 8:31 pm

Political Bias Chart for News Outlets.

https://library.fvtc.edu/News/BiasCheck

Political Unbiased News Source Listing.

https://www.online-tech-tips.com/cool-w ... ensorship/

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » November 23, 2020, 10:44 am

tamada wrote:
November 22, 2020, 7:50 pm

Agreed. Citing ONLY Fox suggests a rather blinkered view on US media influence. Including Fox in any argument about the shortcomings of the US educational system is rather obtuse to say the least.
Not at all as there are a very large number of people in the USA who only watch Fox.

Also I did not include Fox in the dire state of education in the states, though its success may be a result of that.

There is poor education.
Then there is Fox.

That poorly educated people may well only watch fox and believe the talk show host’s messages are truthful is a judgment on the lack of teaching of critical thinking

Well educated people will usually get information from a variety of sources and cross check.

Fox is certainly not the only heavily biased and lying “so called news” network but it’s enormous and an easy example
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

pepesgrill
udonmap.com

Post by pepesgrill » November 24, 2020, 12:57 am

newtovillagelife wrote:
November 21, 2020, 7:56 am

No, as I have said before, most Americans, are incapable of critical thought. They are famous for going down all the bad roads, before settling on the one, most everybody knows is the right path. They pound themselves over the head with a hammer, several times, before deciding, maybe this is not a good idea. So stupid, well lets just say they are not the sharpest tools in the shed. And then there is the arrogance...
nothing like some good ol' fashioned bigotry. must get you excited , 10,000 miles away to wake-up and head to the computer for daily bashing

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » November 24, 2020, 7:57 am

Finally he has conceded.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » November 24, 2020, 10:24 am

Whistler wrote:
November 24, 2020, 7:57 am
Finally he has conceded.
Not yet, he just accepted that the GSA work with Biden-Harris team.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » November 24, 2020, 10:40 am

sometimewoodworker wrote:
November 24, 2020, 10:24 am
Whistler wrote:
November 24, 2020, 7:57 am
Finally he has conceded.
Not yet, he just accepted that the GSA work with Biden-Harris team.
That is about as close we will ever get to him conceding that the race is over. He will of course continue to say he was robbed until the end of his days, but know he knows he is out of options to hold power.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » November 24, 2020, 10:42 am

TRUMP, CONCEDE!!!!

I dought it I think we will see a crying baby being dragged down the street, spitting the dumby

A disgrace to Man and a disgrace to the Divided States of America

the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » November 24, 2020, 11:09 am

Will Trump concede ? The answer is a  resounding NO...
But here is a dream Trump's exit scenario.-----
Before December 14 --- Electors cast their ballots -----
And 
----- After December 08  --- last day for states to resolve election disputes.

1 --So let's say on December 11 2020.Trump pardons friends and family.Trump resigns the Presidency of the USA, so he can claim that he did NOT lose the election.
2 -- Pence is the new POTUS. Pence names  Ivanka Trump as VP of the USA.
3-- --On December 15, Pence pardons Trump.
4 --On December 22nd  Pence resigns the Presidency. Ivanka becomes the 47th POTUS. She picks Trump Junior as VP.
5 --On January 20th 2021, the Trumps leave for Antarctica. What a beautiful sight.
BYE Bye

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » November 24, 2020, 11:45 am

the-monk wrote:
November 24, 2020, 11:09 am
Will Trump concede ? The answer is a  resounding NO...
But here is a dream Trump's exit scenario.-----
Before December 14 --- Electors cast their ballots -----
And 
----- After December 08  --- last day for states to resolve election disputes.

1 --So let's say on December 11 2020.Trump pardons friends and family.Trump resigns the Presidency of the USA, so he can claim that he did NOT lose the election.
2 -- Pence is the new POTUS. Pence names  Ivanka Trump as VP of the USA.
3-- --On December 15, Pence pardons Trump.
4 --On December 22nd  Pence resigns the Presidency. Ivanka becomes the 47th POTUS. She picks Trump Junior as VP.
5 --On January 20th 2021, the Trumps leave for Antarctica. What a beautiful sight.
BYE Bye
Not too far from the mark IMHO. I had similar thoughts

Trump cannot pardon himself, but by reesigning he achieves the dual goal, I was never defeated and cannot be sued. However, that is only for Federal crimes, State based charges are not subject to a pardon from the lady in waiting (Pence).

The legality of appointing another family member as VP, can this be done legally during transition phase which has now been formalised?

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » November 24, 2020, 12:20 pm

I think the chances of him resigning are much lower than than conceding.

Your scenario is way too clever though it would be entertaining.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 24, 2020, 5:04 pm

Just seen on Thai telly ch32 Trump.has conceded .. at least i think thats what they said .. i was blow drying my hair at the time

well.done DT ..if correct ..WE WILL.MISS YOU

Dm
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » November 24, 2020, 5:14 pm

A Clayton's concession (for non Aussies, see below)

Claytons is the brand name of a non-alcoholic, non-carbonated beverage coloured and packaged to resemble bottled whisky. ... The name has entered into Australian and New Zealand vernacular where it stands for an ersatz or dummy thing, or something that is obviously ineffective.

the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » November 24, 2020, 6:25 pm

Since the transition has officially begun FOX NEWS has a new tune..
Now they sing << Trump has been the best One-Term President >> in modern times. The other One-term president who lost the re-election is BUSH.... Wow Trump is better than Bush, that says it all. What a compliment !!!!
No need to cry over spilled milk, get behind the new leader.
Stay safe out there.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » November 24, 2020, 6:48 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
November 24, 2020, 5:04 pm
Just seen on Thai telly ch32 Trump.has conceded .. at least i think thats what they said .. i was blow drying my hair at the time

Dm
DM, he has not officially conceded, but just yesterday he gave the GSA director permission to release $7+Million of government funds to be passed to the Biden team which will be used to begin the transition, and the Trump team will begin the process of sharing information with the Transition Team. Trump insists that he will continue with all legal proceedings to prove voter fraud, so he is still in the fight.
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » November 24, 2020, 6:59 pm

semperfiguy wrote:
November 24, 2020, 6:48 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:

Dm
DM, he has not officially conceded, but just yesterday he gave the GSA director permission to release $7+Million of government funds to be passed to the Biden team which will be used to begin the transition, and the Trump team will begin the process of sharing information with the Transition Team. Trump insists that he will continue with all legal proceedings to prove voter fraud, so he is still in the fight.
He didn't give the GSA director permission to do anything. Legally, it was never up to him.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » November 24, 2020, 7:13 pm

Kenr6583 wrote:
November 24, 2020, 6:59 pm
semperfiguy wrote:
Drunk Monkey wrote:

Dm
He didn't give the GSA director permission to do anything. Legally, it was never up to him.

As always you're splitting hairs Kenr just to show us all how perfectly correct you are. It's shear folly my friend and totally unnecessary, not to mention nauseating for most of us.

https://www.vox.com/2020/11/21/21588817 ... undraising

"Trump, however, took some responsibility for the move. In a series of tweets he stated his intention to continue to contest the results of the election but stated that, "in the best interest of our Country, I am recommending that Emily and her team do what needs to be done with regard to initial protocols, and have told my team to do the same."
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » November 24, 2020, 7:15 pm

semperfiguy wrote:
November 24, 2020, 7:13 pm
Kenr6583 wrote:
semperfiguy wrote:
Drunk Monkey wrote:

Dm

As always you're splitting hairs Kenr just to show us all how perfectly correct you are. It's shear folly my friend and totally unnecessary, not to mention nauseating for most of us.

"Trump, however, took some responsibility for the move. In a series of tweets he stated his intention to continue to contest the results of the election but stated that, "in the best interest of our Country, I am recommending that Emily and her team do what needs to be done with regard to initial protocols, and have told my team to do the same."
I never split hairs. I believe you're one of the conspiracy theorists on here, I just stated facts.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » November 24, 2020, 7:18 pm

Kenr6583 wrote:
November 24, 2020, 7:15 pm
semperfiguy wrote:
November 24, 2020, 7:13 pm
Kenr6583 wrote:
semperfiguy wrote:
Drunk Monkey wrote:

Dm

I never split hairs. I believe you're one of the conspiracy theorists on here, I just stated facts.
Attachments
Peace.PNG

Return to “U.S. Politics”