electric bicycle

Niggly
udonmap.com

Re: electric bicycle

Post by Niggly » November 18, 2020, 3:27 pm

Looks good 👍

Saw what I think was a Zyao Fat Wheel bike outside Mr DIY this morning. That’s something I could see myself using 😂

Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » November 20, 2020, 10:54 am

the bike is assembled and working very good , checked all and secured some items extra ....
has remote with theft alarm ,build in back wheel lock,and extra front wheel lock ...
signal lights with sound in back of front mirror ,and in back light...
20201120_103658[1].jpg
the only thing they forgot is the small cover plate for the steering house
20201120_105425[1].jpg
but after a quickly responded chat they said will send it ...perfect service
what the bike does not have original is a side kick stand so i ordered one , 92 baht ...
the bike is really pleasant to drive , so first impression recommended, will update about durability,and some other driving info in a few months... ;)

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » November 20, 2020, 11:30 am

What is the range and top speed?
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » November 20, 2020, 12:01 pm

Looks good 👍
Is there really enough power for a pillion passenger or is the seat just for show?

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » November 22, 2020, 11:05 am

so small info here , as i suspected even before i ordered the bicycle , the niece has done a first run yesterday and complaint reaction speed not quick enough , and many cars honking at her ? , so first of all you must understand it is an electric bicycle not motorbike ,so you must drive it as a bicycle and not a motorbike , not expecting it will act and drive as a motorbike , i have no problems driving it even on main road as i treat it as a bicycle and drive it as a bicycle , also she told us she is scared when many cars , now the thais solution for this is , she went to apply for a drivers license in private office today what she will get (supposedly) 01.12 , and better idea from her mother , buy a new mb ,it is 0 down payment anyway, :roll: , they do not realize buying a bike on loan will double its price after all down payments are done , not the same as with a car which is cheap on loan , so my solution is here , she can buy the mb from my wife ,5 years old ,3200km, and pay back about 2000 baht every month without interest, my wife can use the electric bike as she only drives local, and i also have a mb...but getting a dl will it take away the fear of many cars (busy road) ? :-k , wait and see ...., and niggly , the bicycle normally should be able to carry a max of 180kg , of course this will influence the max speed and behavior of the bike , it is only a 350W motor , for more extensive use you better buy one with more power
500-+5000W .....with more power it will become and behave more like a motorbike ....
so Is there really enough power for a pillion passenger or is the seat just for show, 2 nieces 45kg yes , fat falang (me)and wife 155kg probably not :D , will give it a try and update ...be safe out there ... ;)

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » November 22, 2020, 4:22 pm

Hmm, the rated gross vehicle weight might pose problems for me. I suppose I could go commando & wear some really thin silky shorts to get the weight down but passengers would definitely be a no, no 😇

bluejets
udonmap.com

Post by bluejets » November 24, 2020, 5:36 am

kopkei wrote:
November 6, 2020, 5:23 pm
hi guy's , i am planning to buy an electric bicycle for my niece who has come stay with us and is working in central , i would guess distance go and back 10km?, as she does not have a driver license the cheapest solution would be the bike ,what to look when buying one for her purpose, small distance use ?
Just a heads up on these bikes with small wheels.
There used to be a gazillion of these things around in Aus with a 50cc engine and a great attraction for many backpackers and first time riders alike.
Reason being no licence required due to the low top speed.
Problem was and still is with the small wheels, unstable and a high possibility of crashing at the least expected moment.
Auction centres were full of the things and an $1800 bike could be bought for as little as $50 with only small amount of damage, mostly bent front forks and scratches.
I rode one once and it was like sitting on top of and trying to balance on a broomstick.
Many traffic accidents and they have now ( thankfully) all but disappeared.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » November 24, 2020, 7:29 am

after driving it a few times , the small wheels are ok , small wheels are no problem with these speeds and accelerations :D , small wheels don't cause crashes ,irresponsible behavior does ..we did have the imported 50cc ypop also before , and as i said before if you treat it as a bicycle and not as a motorbike or race machine you will enjoy it a lot ,
top speed is about 35km/h , range should be 60 km , charging time 6 hours? , i ordered a speedometer to check all this better , we still have 2 of 4 charging lights now , i think charging best done when 1 light remaining ...but will update later on all this ... ;)

bluejets
udonmap.com

Post by bluejets » November 24, 2020, 5:03 pm

kopkei wrote:
November 24, 2020, 7:29 am
after driving it a few times , the small wheels are ok , small wheels are no problem with these speeds and accelerations :D , small wheels don't cause crashes ,irresponsible behavior does ..we did have the imported 50cc ypop also before , and as i said before if you treat it as a bicycle and not as a motorbike or race machine you will enjoy it a lot ,
top speed is about 35km/h , range should be 60 km , charging time 6 hours? , i ordered a speedometer to check all this better , we still have 2 of 4 charging lights now , i think charging best done when 1 light remaining ...but will update later on all this ... ;)
Well, you've been told and if you choose to ignore it. that's up to you.
Problem here is you intend to put someone else on it.
Usual know it all know nothing.....

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » November 24, 2020, 5:52 pm

Problem here is you intend to put someone else on it? ,sorry in our case, i did ask my niece first if she was ok with the idea , i have always helped out my pienongs never forced anyone into anything , and even though it did not work out , i do not mind about the e-bike ,we will keep it ...and no,i do not know it all , but still learning something new every day ,so to anyone who also think small wheels on an e-bike are dangerous do not buy one ..or change to bigger wheels ?, i do prefer the small thick wheels to the normal bicycle wheels of the falang e-bike , normal bicycle with electric engine ?, it is all up to your preferences and anxieties , only give my opinion and info on the buy of an electric bicycle you can interpret this as you want .... ;)

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » November 25, 2020, 4:26 pm

Crikey, that escalated quickly 😳

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » November 27, 2020, 7:41 am

the bike has 4 green lights to check the battery , they go down depending usage , and last light start blinking red, indication charge needed , as we experienced yesterday , so charging to full battery again took about 7 hours ,
the charging unit has a cooling fan , and red light for charge turning into green light when fully charged ..as info ;)

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » November 28, 2020, 10:33 am

I genuinely don’t know about these things but if the battery died when out & about could you pedal it home or would you be still turning the motor making it very hard going?

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » November 29, 2020, 8:29 am

yes to me it is doable if you are used to bicycling , and no the motor is not turning , but the bike is heavier as a normal bike ,it drives as a fold able mini bicycle if i must compare ,maybe for some more easy to walk and push it home ?as to other measurements , i am still waiting on my odometer (slow delivery from china) ... ;)

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » November 29, 2020, 8:46 am

Cheers, thanks for clarifying 👍

bluejets
udonmap.com

Post by bluejets » November 30, 2020, 7:00 am

These seem worth a second look.....although i didn't take much notice of the bike itself... :D :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2ABD6riozI

Home page not bad either.....

https://www.youtube.com/c/SexyCyborg/featured

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 30, 2020, 7:07 am

bluejets wrote:
November 30, 2020, 7:00 am
These seem worth a second look.....although i didn't take much notice of the bike itself... :D :D

Indeed the bike is of secondary interest .... impressive specification with twin air bags as standard ????

as some one made the same question in the comments to the vid .. great camera /filming shots wonder where its mounted ??

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 30, 2020, 7:51 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
November 30, 2020, 7:07 am
bluejets wrote:
November 30, 2020, 7:00 am

Indeed the bike is of secondary interest .... impressive specification with twin air bags as standard ????

as some one made the same question in the comments to the vid .. great camera /filming shots wonder where its mounted ??

DM
DM's post-diet song? All together now.

"Look at my body, look at my body.
God I look sexy, God I look sexy..."

And repeat...*

* The chorus DM, NOT the Yorkshire pud's.
Last edited by tamada on November 30, 2020, 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 30, 2020, 8:01 am

Back on topic, the small diameter wheels could be an issue on the rough road surfaces in Udon, especially at junctions. Going any faster than 30 kph would definitely be more dangerous in that regard.

As for their natural stealth mode, maybe something like this would help?
Screenshot_20201130-075843_1.jpg
Vroom... vroom...

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » November 30, 2020, 8:14 pm

Bottom line Mr K.

How happy on a scale of 1 to 10 are you with your purchase?
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Return to “I'm Looking For....”