In-Flight Food..Tops THAI complaint list.

Thailand news, views and comments
beer monkey
udonmap.com

In-Flight Food..Tops THAI complaint list.

Post by beer monkey » June 26, 2007, 4:51 pm

In-flight food tops THAI complaint list

Tuesday, 26 June 2007

In-flight meals served by Thai Airways International (THAI) have topped a monthly list of passenger complaints, admits the airline.

"What passengers complained most about were meals which did not live up expectations, especially on outbound flights from Bangkok. That was followed by complaints they did not receive special meals as requested," the survey says.

Second on the complaint list was in-flight entertainment, followed by attitude and performance of cabin crew, baggage handling on arrival, and defects or malfunctions of cabin equipment.

Improvements will take about three months, according to THAI president Apinan Sumanseni.

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » June 26, 2007, 10:49 pm

Improvements will take about three months, according to THAI president Apinan Sumanseni.
Does this mean we will be getting in-seat TV's........

izzix
udonmap.com

Post by izzix » June 26, 2007, 11:44 pm

BA are far worse . pigswill .
Thai Int breakers are usually good .omelette,sausage,tomato,bacon ,taters ..

Doc
udonmap.com

Re: In-Flight Food..Tops THAI complaint list.

Post by Doc » June 27, 2007, 2:09 am

beer monkey wrote:Improvements will take about three months, according to THAI president Apinan Sumanseni.
Damn - don't know if I can wait 3 months before my next trip.... :lol:
Ain't Easy Being Me

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » June 27, 2007, 8:44 am

After flying to Peking, China on Air Canada, it was a relief to board Thai Airways and have some decent food, courteous attendants and enough room to sleep (fairly empty flight) on the way to Bangkok. On the return leg via Tokyo, Japan, Thai also gave superior service and food, and I was delighted that they also gave me one of their pillows and blankets too. On the other hand, Air Canada lost my luggage from Tokyo to Toronto, but was kind enough to locate it ten days later and deliver to my home.

I have heard that Cathay Pacific is very good, but Air Canada, United and American Airlines are not so fine.

polehawk
udonmap.com

Post by polehawk » June 27, 2007, 11:15 am

Have traveled on Cathay but thought Thai Air was better (food, legroom in business class, courteous attendants). Also took their nonstop flight from New York to Bangkok with our two cats in cabin. Would recommend to anyone bringing their pet.

Anyone try Singapore Airlines recently?

valentine

Post by valentine » June 27, 2007, 11:35 am

polehawk wrote: Also took their nonstop flight from New York to Bangkok with our two cats in cabin. Would recommend to anyone bringing their pet.

Would be interested to learn more about the livestock import. Having tried to bring a small dog over a couple of years ago, and being chased from place to place to get a license I gave up. Several visits to the various govt departments, airline offices and customs and execise and eventually the Ministry of Veterinary control Made me realise it wasn,t worth it.How did you manage it?

Doc
udonmap.com

Post by Doc » June 27, 2007, 12:11 pm

Many airlines are now banning pets on regular passenger flights. Alternative is to send them through on the regular cargo flights.
Ain't Easy Being Me

dill
udonmap.com

Post by dill » June 27, 2007, 1:54 pm

i have never had any problems with thai if you really think thai is bad then try quantas ,then you will have something to complain about ,most of the woman what work on them planes think their ---- dont stink and their food is not really great to .

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » June 27, 2007, 3:11 pm

valentine wrote:
polehawk wrote: Also took their nonstop flight from New York to Bangkok with our two cats in cabin. Would recommend to anyone bringing their pet.

Would be interested to learn more about the livestock import. Having tried to bring a small dog over a couple of years ago, and being chased from place to place to get a license I gave up. Several visits to the various govt departments, airline offices and customs and execise and eventually the Ministry of Veterinary control Made me realise it wasn,t worth it.How did you manage it?
Val.I brought our Pedigree Corgi over some years ago ( She is now deceased ) BUT After paying MORE for her ticket ( Finnair ) than BOTH Tickets for Myself & TW,The ONLY way I could get her RELEASED from TAGS at Don Muang WAS to go and GIVE The NICE Customs men some VERY Big Pots of TEA !!! 25,000 Baht to be PRECISE.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » June 27, 2007, 3:15 pm

polehawk wrote:Have traveled on Cathay but thought Thai Air was better (food, legroom in business class, courteous attendants). Also took their nonstop flight from New York to Bangkok with our two cats in cabin. Would recommend to anyone bringing their pet.

Polehawk,Dont know IF its any good to you but TRY Ethiad airlines, They Just started Bangkok-Abu Dhabi-new York, Ive now flown with them To U.K.And have booked with them again in August.....Very Good & A Smiling Crew,AND ALL Brand NEW Aeroplanes.....

polehawk
udonmap.com

Post by polehawk » June 27, 2007, 9:31 pm

valentine wrote:

Val, we brought our cats with us last September from the US and it wasn't much of a hassle. Had to get pets vaccinated and an International Health Certificate from our local veterinarian. Then had to get the health certificate endorsed at government veterinarian (for us, it was the USDA in Miami). Thai Air (and most other airlines) only allow two small pets in carriers inside the cabin total so prior arrangements/reservations with the airline is advisable. Going through Veterinary Control at Don Muang was a breeze. No quarantine or bribes were needed since paperwork was in order.

There was some cost involved but it's up to you to decide if it's worth it or not, I guess. Our cats have adjusted and doing well. They probably think they're still in Florida since the weather is very similar to Udon's.

http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/v ... cats#26410

More info in Thaivisa on this subject, also.

747man, thanks for the tip on Ethiad Airlines. Always good to have other options.

wokkawombat
udonmap.com
Location: Udon/Noosa Australia. "One crowded hour of glorious life is worth an age without a name".

Post by wokkawombat » June 28, 2007, 11:11 am

QANTAS is my airline of choice. I have flown with them many times domestically and internationally. I have no complaints with the food or staff attitude. It was a step forward when they started using Thai trolly dollys.

I am a QANTAS shareholder also so the bottom line plays a part in my decision.

John
Gurgle, Gurgle...

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » June 28, 2007, 11:49 am

wokkawombat wrote:QANTAS is my airline of choice. I have flown with them many times domestically and internationally. I have no complaints with the food or staff attitude. It was a step forward when they started using Thai trolly dollys.

I am a QANTAS shareholder also so the bottom line plays a part in my decision.

John
Continuing the theme of importing pets, you will generally see lots of cats and dogs on every Qantas flight. They should be pushing trolleys and attending to the call lights, but will normally be found gossiping at the back of the plane with the curtains fully closed :D

Ba Bob
udonmap.com

Post by Ba Bob » June 28, 2007, 2:54 pm

I fly 6-8 flights of longer than 8 hours every year, the majority on Qantas or BA and Ive never had any troubles or attitude :? although most the hosties on these airlines are older and not much to look at. Thai is ok Ive always found the food to be pretty good also and i think singapore airlines are not bad, but have to agree find most the US airlines fairly rough :cry:

Miruku
udonmap.com

Post by Miruku » June 28, 2007, 2:57 pm

We have just returned fro a Thai International circuit - Melb/direct to Bkk/Udon then Bkk/Tokyo - Osaka/Bkk/ Melbourne all for A$1350 pp and we had excellent service all the way. Pleasant and efficient service from everybody, good meals, on time flights, no entertainment or baggage problems. The pilot from Osaka to Bkk was like an old fashioned tour guide popping up with amusing commentary here and there and apologizing that the landing was a little heavier than usual because of the weather he was a great entertainer. We will continue to favour Thai over all other airlines. Trevor.
Trevor McConchie

Prenders88
udonmap.com

Post by Prenders88 » June 28, 2007, 3:42 pm

My last trip out on Thai was a laugh I sat between two Thai ladies on the London BKK run. One was my friends wife who was going out to buy some land and spend time and money with the family, the other one is my wife's best friend who is so pretty she stops the traffic. I got a lot of ribbing from the flight attendants. We had good seats, the ones by the door with no seats in front. The section chief was a Chelsea fan like me, his knowledge of Chelsea was amazing, which went right back to the 1950's. I always prefer Thai, even with the dated in-flight system. The food's always good, and I feel at home.

Qantas.

A close second, friendly crew and a no worries attitude.
I like the choice of Aussie Beer and the open bar.
Good food.

Anyone forum member got a WORST airline experience?

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » June 28, 2007, 3:54 pm

Worst:

phillipine airlines from way back, all the toilets got blocked/malfunctioned homeward bound stuck in karachi for hours on the tarmac and then got dumped off in frankfurt with-out any explanation, BA took us home but to the wrong airport . LOL

Best:
Last Flight with Thai, the staff could'nt do enough for my small family.

Return to “Thailand News”