Looking for expanding polyurethane foam filler

Information on building a house, buying poperty and land, and all other general contruction topics...
FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Looking for expanding polyurethane foam filler

Post by FrazeeDK » June 30, 2007, 9:03 pm

Just put metal framed windows into our new house.. I'd like to get expanding polyurethane foam to inject into the perimeter framing to tighten it up and insulate it.. Anyone know where I can get this type of expanding foam???? Stateside it come in individual cans but I've got quite a few frames I'd like to fill with the foam so perhaps there is a commercial company that does it here in Udon????

Dave

Techland
udonmap.com

Post by Techland » July 1, 2007, 9:27 am

You have to call Thomas from the Udon Thai House. He is a representative of the only company doing this in Tailand. Lohr Pattaya. Not sure if they can put this into frames without those bursting.

BTW, I never found the foam here in Thailand. Had to bring it with me from Germany. This stuff is sooo usefull that I don't understand it doesn't seem to exist here.

papaguido
udonmap.com

Re: Looking for expanding polyurethane foam filler

Post by papaguido » July 1, 2007, 9:47 am

FrazeeDK wrote:Just put metal framed windows into our new house.. I'd like to get expanding polyurethane foam to inject into the perimeter framing to tighten it up and insulate it.. Anyone know where I can get this type of expanding foam???? Stateside it come in individual cans but I've got quite a few frames I'd like to fill with the foam so perhaps there is a commercial company that does it here in Udon????
I've seen expanding foam in a can at either Global House or Home Pro. I don't know if it was polyurethane, but it did say something about insulation spray foam on the can. I didn't pick it up and read it, just made a mental note that it was available in case I needed it in the future.

ttom
udonmap.com

Re: Looking for expanding polyurethane foam filler

Post by ttom » July 1, 2007, 4:00 pm

papaguido wrote:
FrazeeDK wrote:Just put metal framed windows into our new house.. I'd like to get expanding polyurethane foam to inject into the perimeter framing to tighten it up and insulate it.. Anyone know where I can get this type of expanding foam???? Stateside it come in individual cans but I've got quite a few frames I'd like to fill with the foam so perhaps there is a commercial company that does it here in Udon????
I've seen expanding foam in a can at either Global House or Home Pro. I don't know if it was polyurethane, but it did say something about insulation spray foam on the can. I didn't pick it up and read it, just made a mental note that it was available in case I needed it in the future.

Any construction material retailers like Cementthai Home Mart shall have some.
Maybe you can get some even at D-I-Y department of Big C or Lotus Tesco.

It’s commonly used for solid fixings (i.e. doors, windows, basins) and repair works (fillings).

The trick is the explanation in Thai language
You might ask for PU-foam. I have seen made in China; it was very cheap.

Be aware that there is one and also two-component – form available. Two component foam is more stable. Mixing can be problematic.

Maybe this pages are of some use:
http://www.globalspec.com/FeaturedProdu ... am/42623/0

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

expanding foam

Post by FrazeeDK » July 1, 2007, 5:09 pm

got the info.. Yes, it's available at Global House, HomePro etc.. From a master carpenter I got a good warning.. This stuff can expand to 10-20 times it's liquid size and could cause the metal window frames to warp. He cautioned me to use it carefully!!

thanks for the responses...
Dave

Return to “House & Land”