Post Covid ecomony

Post Reply
User avatar
rick
udonmap.com
Posts: 2659
Joined: January 9, 2008, 10:36 am
Location: Udon, or UK May-August

Re: Post Covid ecomony

Post by rick » May 17, 2021, 7:42 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
May 17, 2021, 1:03 pm
Todays Worldometer Numbers on Populations and Health

World Population is still increasing at Net 83,000 per day and predicted to be + 30.366 Million for the Year



Capture Population.PNG



Capture Health.PNG


https://www.worldometers.info/
Interesting figures it means that 1 in 4 or 5 daily deaths are due to Covid.



Whistler
udonmap.com
Posts: 2124
Joined: June 15, 2019, 8:24 pm

Re: Post Covid ecomony

Post by Whistler » May 17, 2021, 8:03 pm

When I posted it was serious March last year I was told to put on a tin hat, another put up false figures about common flu and claimed it was more dangerous,

There is not going to be a post Covid economy for a very long time. This virus is unlikely to be eradicated in the foreseeable future, we must learn to live with it.

Smart countries will build purpose built Covid sanatoriums just like the old leper colonies and TB sanatoriums from the 19th and 20th centuries to isolate those infected from the general population. Tracking, testing and isolation will be the norm.

So far, no governments have treated Covid as anything other than a pandemic that has a shortish, finite life. Very foolish.
All wagers will be settled 80 days after the race is over

User avatar
pipoz4444
udonmap.com
Posts: 1581
Joined: April 8, 2011, 1:33 am
Location: All Over the Place

Re: Post Covid ecomony

Post by pipoz4444 » May 18, 2021, 12:15 am

Rick,

I read it more like 1 in 7.5 as an Average over a 12 month period .

Since 08 March 2020 to 15 May 2021 (14 Month) the Link indicates 3,399,144 Covid 19 Deaths, which arguably equates to 2,913,552 in a 12 Month Period (on average). Mr. Worldometer indicates total of 21,973,090 Deaths this Year (12 months) and presumably for the past 12 months

Thus Covid 19 Deaths (2,913,552) / Deaths this Year (21,973,090 = 13.26%, or 1 in 7.5

Link: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/


Although if you take todays numbers of 12,198 Covid 19 Deaths on 15 May / 59,769 Deaths Today, then yes 20.4% of Today's Deaths are Covid-19 Deaths, or close on, one in five and you are correct.

pipoz4444

User avatar
rick
udonmap.com
Posts: 2659
Joined: January 9, 2008, 10:36 am
Location: Udon, or UK May-August

Re: Post Covid ecomony

Post by rick » May 18, 2021, 12:52 am

Yes, i was going by the daily toll which has been pretty constant in 2021, which has typically been between 10,000 and 15,000 a day

User avatar
pipoz4444
udonmap.com
Posts: 1581
Joined: April 8, 2011, 1:33 am
Location: All Over the Place

Re: Post Covid ecomony

Post by pipoz4444 » May 18, 2021, 1:15 pm

rick wrote:
May 18, 2021, 12:52 am
Yes, i was going by the daily toll which has been pretty constant in 2021, which has typically been between 10,000 and 15,000 a day
At a growth rate of 143,400 Births per day, people per day, it take less than 120 minutes for the world population make up the loss of the 12,500 people, according to the Worldometer Link

So dropping some 12,500 people a day, off this Planet every day or even 50,000 for all the Death Causes, is not that big a deal, in the overall scheme of Population numbers, as long as you are not one of them.

My humble view, is that the World would be a more sustainable place in the future, if the population growth was to to slow down

If the World continues to grow at 143,400 per day (after the Covid-19 effect subsides), then in all likelihood we will see the World Population grow by 52,341,000 per Year, exponentially. Current World population is 7.866 Billion and the present Forecast are
9.7 Billion by Year 2050
10.7 Billion by Year 2100

Just wondering where all the Water, Food and World harmony is going to come from in 30 to 70 years time. If you can't grow enough food, then reduce the need for it. :-k :-k

I have the answer "Genetic manipulation at birth, to slow down the human bodies need to eat and reduce the bodies metabolism", so problem solved, as we all just eat 30% less and at the same time convert less food to energy". \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ The the World lives happily ever after. :-$ :-$

Re. "Genome editing for inborn errors of metabolism": Has advance to Clinical trials, arguably for the purpose of correcting metabolic diseases or disorders or inborn errors of the metabolism, but nevertheless being studied and researched.

World_population_growth,_1700-2100,_2019_revision.png

Capture Population Projection.PNG



https://www.worldometers.info/world-population/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Projectio ... vision.png

pipoz4444

User avatar
Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com
Posts: 6995
Joined: October 14, 2013, 4:39 pm

Re: Post Covid ecomony

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 25, 2021, 3:27 pm

a sobering forecast with reference to post covid tourism... sadly probably 2026 is not far off the mark and crippling to a huge part of the population ..

https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/21 ... until-2026


DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

User avatar
pipoz4444
udonmap.com
Posts: 1581
Joined: April 8, 2011, 1:33 am
Location: All Over the Place

Re: Post Covid ecomony

Post by pipoz4444 » June 5, 2021, 11:15 pm

I don't see this doing too much for revitalizing the tourism industry in July in Thailand

A) Middle of the wet season, so normally not to many tourists coming at that time of year anyway. Unlikely toy wll see many coming in from the norther hemisphere.

B) Government is still insisting that you hibernate in Phuket for a minimum of 14 days (probably to appease the Hoteliers with revenue) before they will release into the wilds of Thailand, such as Pattaya. But this could change quickly, if they have a early positive case flying into Phuket. :fryingpan:

C) Still always the strong possibility that the Thai Government will go into their overzealous lockdown mode, at the first sign of an early new case in Phuket, and suddenly you find yourself in lockdown go nowhere mode overnight. ](*,) ](*,)

D) Still the open and shut times for businesses such as Restaurants and Bars are "Undefined", that is if you can find many open at all. So you are likely to be home in bed before 12.00 midnight. :sleepy: :sleepy: :drunk:

E) From the Tourist perspective still too many business remain closed now and in all likelihood will still be closed in July, so why bother coming to a near dead city. :confused: :confused:

F) Still need your Medical Insurance and Certificate to fly from the Thai Embassy off shore, plus you preflight swab 3 or 5 days before flying, so nothing has changed pre-flight. :pirate: :guitar:

G) Unlikely that the Phuket experiment/model will suit the more open (easy to come and go), places, such as Pattaya, Chiang Mai and or Hua Hin.

These are the likely negatives, so what are the positives,

1.You can see sand and paddle your toes in the ocean, as opposed to staring out of that ASQ window into the BKK roof top abyss, for 14 days straight
2.You get too see all the Temples on the island instead of watching Netflix
3.Maybe and just maybe you have time to get Piss..d
4.Maybe and just maybe their is the odd stray that you can take home for the night. I think the pickings will be slim, but she is likely to be "Pum-pui", but it is also likely that there will not be much Testosterone competition either.

Not enough balance between the Neg's and the Posi's, to fly to Thailand yet??

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/121951 ... paign=news

pipoz4444

User avatar
pipoz4444
udonmap.com
Posts: 1581
Joined: April 8, 2011, 1:33 am
Location: All Over the Place

Re: Post Covid ecomony

Post by pipoz4444 » June 6, 2021, 2:42 pm

In 2017, before the known existence of Covid-19
1. Nearly 150,000 people die each day around the world, according to 2017 data
2. Cardiovascular diseases are the biggest killer globally, in 2017 with 48,742 daily deaths.

In May 2020, this is how COVID-19 compares to other diseases for number of deaths
Capture 2 Deaths Covid 19 to Others 16 May 2020 (Small).PNG

Nearly 150,000 people die per day, worldwide, based on the latest comprehensive research published in 2017. The most deadly diseases are as follows, with how many people die each day on average, sorted by cause:

Capture 3 Deaths Covid 19 to Others 16 May 2020 (Medium).PNG


Cardiovascular diseases, or diseases of the heart and blood vessels, are the leading cause of death. However, their prominence is not reflected in our perceptions of death nor reflected i the main stream media, because it doesn't equate to better Ratings.


BY COUNTRY: From the above China and India both see more than 25,000 total deaths per day, due to their large populations.

Capture 4 Deaths Covid 19 to Others 16 May 2020 (Small).PNG

INTRODUCE COVID 19: The WHO declared COVID-19 a pandemic on March 11, 2020. Since then, the daily number of people who are recorded as having died from Covid-19 or its related illness/effects taken as an average between 01 January 2021 and 01 June 2022 is around 11, 108 person per day. month an average of,
01 January 2021 9,670
01 February 2021 10,223
01 March 2021 7,208
01 April 2021 11,873
01 May 2021 12,579
01 June 2021 15,098

Link 2: will show you that for the past 2 months figures for 01 May and 01 June 2021, India has contributed to between around 3,500 of the these daily deaths around 25% of them

To put it in some perspective,
1. If you exclude the Indian death numbers from the equation, then the Worldwide Deaths Due to Covid-19 for the remainder of the Countries due to Covid-19 is arguably around 10,000 deaths per day (for the rest of the whole of the World), as a broad average over the past 5 months from 01 January 2021 to now.
2. This daily number of 10,000, is a drop in the ocean compared to the let’s say near nearly normal 147,118 deaths per day, that was considered the Norm in 2017, before Covid-19


I suppose the point is or points are, that,

A) There were a lot of people dying every day before Covid-19 started and there are still a lot of people dying every day for many reasons other than Covid-19, including, 48,742 per day from cardiovascular disease, 26,181 per day from cancer, 7,010 per day from lower respiratory infections unrelated to Covid-19, 6,889 from dementia. It is part of being a Human and our Lifestyle on Planet Earth and it is nothing new and its is not going to change in the foreseeable future. Death is not something new and not confined to Covid-19?

B) It is time to move on from the fear of Covid-19, as a major death contributor, because it is not a major contributor. It is however being portrayed by the Media and Government as the be all and end of causes of deaths each day, when it is clearly not. [-X [-X

C) It is also time to accept that Covid-19 is here to stay and that some people will die from it, during this year and the next years after that. That is now just another part of human evolution. So get over it and return to what is the new Norms of Life. :-k :-k

D) That Covid-19 and is effect, is now partly understood and that with certain forms/types of vaccines, now in play, Covid-19 is no longer the unknown threat, that is was at the start of 2020. That to a degree Covid-19, is now manageable and is being managed and its potential to kill is now being reduced every day, by the introduction of the vaccination programs and by the fact that some people have already caught Covid-19

E) The World has recorded some 173.72 Million people have caught Covid-19, although in realty that number is probably closer to 520 Million people. But even if it is 520 Mill, this only represents around 6.80% of the Worlds population, who have caught the Virus in the last 15 Months. To me this is not the super-spreader Virus, infecting anyone and everyone at Will, that many in the Government and Media have portrayed it to be. To have only infected at most 6.80% of the population in a period of 15 months, at a rate of 0.45% of word population per month, is hardly a "Usain Bolt" event.

F) For Covid-19 to have killed 3.736 Million (Recorded), OK lets say x 2 = 7.472 Million people in the last 15 Months, which is less that 0.10% of the Worlds population over a 15 month period is hardly an Earth Shattering event. Not when the Worlds population has increased by some 81 Million or 1.05% over the past 12 months. Statistically the Worlds population has increased (% wise) as follows, so we have no shortage of people. :-k :-k
in 2020 by 1.05%
in 2019 by 1.08%
In 2018 by 1.10%
In 2017 by 1.12%


My humble view is that on 01 July or 01 August 2021, the "World Majority" (excluding India, Brazil & Columbia) should just take off the Covid-19 shackles and completely return to a near normal life, without the "Reactionary Lockdowns" and without need for "Mandatory Quarantine at Borders" (but still with some sensible testing precaution being retained), accept the fact that some people will still die, and so return economic stability to all those who are suffering.


PS: Just my 2 cents worth \:D/ \:D/ and I had nothing better to do this morning :-({|= :fryingpan: :guitar: :wave:


LINK 1: https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/dail ... ths-region

LINK 2: https://ourworldindata.org/explorers/co ... a-explorer?

pipoz4444
Attachments
Capture 3 Deaths Covid 19 to Others 16 May 2020.PNG
Last edited by pipoz4444 on June 17, 2021, 1:02 am, edited 6 times in total.

anefarious1
udonmap.com
Posts: 327
Joined: October 9, 2014, 4:36 am

Re: Post Covid ecomony

Post by anefarious1 » June 6, 2021, 2:48 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
June 6, 2021, 2:42 pm
In 2017, before the know existence of Covid-19
1. Nearly 150,000 people die each day around the world, according to 2017 data
2. Cardiovascular diseases are the biggest killer globally, in 2017 with 48,742 daily deaths.

In May 2020, this is how COVID-19 compares to other diseases for number of deaths

Capture 2 Deaths Covid-19 to Others 16 May 2020 (Small).PNG


Nearly 150,000 people die per day, worldwide, based on the latest comprehensive research published in 2017. The most deadly diseases are as follows, with how many people die each day on average, sorted by cause:



Capture 3 Deaths Covid-19 to Others 16 May 2020.PNG


Cardiovascular diseases, or diseases of the heart and blood vessels, are the leading cause of death. However, their prominence is not reflected in our perceptions of death nor reflected i the main stream media, because it doesn't equate to better Ratings.



Capture 4 Deaths Covid-19 to Others 16 May 2020 (Small).PNG



BY COUNTRY: From the above China and India both see more than 25,000 total deaths per day, due to their large populations.

INTRODUCE COVID 19: The WHO declared COVID-19 a pandemic on March 11, 2020. Since then, the daily number of people who are recorded as having died from Covid-19 or its related illness/effects taken as an average between 01 January 2021 and 01 June 2022 is around 11, 108 person per day. month an average of,
01 January 2021 9,670
01 February 2021 10,223
01 March 2021 7,208
01 April 2021 11,873
01 May 2021 12,579
01 June 2021 15,098

Link 2: will show you that for the past 2 months figures for 01 May and 01 June 2021, India has contributed to between around 3,500 of the these daily deaths around 25% of them

To put it in some perspective,
1. If you exclude the Indian death numbers from the equation, then the Worldwide Deaths Due to Covid-19 for the remainder of the Countries due to Covid-19 is arguably around 10,000 deaths per day (for the rest of the whole of the World), as a broad average over the past 5 months from 01 January 2021 to now.
2. This daily number of 10,000, is a drop in the ocean compared to the let’s say near nearly normal 147, 118 deaths per day that was considered the Norm in 2017 before Covid-19


I suppose the point is or points are, that,

A) There were a lot of people dying every day before Covid-19 started and there are still a lot of people dying every day for many reasons other than Covid-19, including, 48,742 per day from cardiovascular disease, 26,181 per day from cancer, 7,010 per day from lower respiratory infections unrelated to Covid-19, 6,889 from dementia. It is part of being a Human and our Lifestyle on Planet Earth and it is nothing new and its is not going to change in the foreseeable future. Death is not something new and not confined to Covid-19?

B) It is time to move on from the fear of Covid-19, as a major death contributor, because it is not a major contributor. It is however being portrayed by the Media and Government as the be all and end of causes of deaths each day, when it is clearly not. [-X [-X

C) It is also time to accept that Covid-19 is here to stay and that some people will die from it, during this year and the next years after that. That is now just another part of human evolution. So get over it and return to what is the new Norms of Life. :-k :-k

D) That Covid-19 and is effect, is now partly understood and that with certain forms/types of vaccines, now in play, Covid-19 is no longer the unknown threat, that is was at the start of 2020. That to a degree Covid-19, is now manageable and is being managed and its potential to kill is now being reduced every day, by the introduction of the vaccination programs and by the fact that some people have already caught Covid-19

E) The World has recorded some 173.72 Million people have caught Covid-19, although in realty that number is probably closer to 520 Million people. But even if it is 520 Mill, this only represents around 6.80% of the Worlds population, who have caught the Virus in the last 15 Months. To me this is not the super-spreader Virus, infecting anyone and everyone at Will, that many in the Government and Media have portrayed it to be. To have only infected at most 6.80% of the population in a period of 15 months, at a rate of 0.45% of word population per month, is hardly a "Usain Bolt" event.

F) For Covid-19 to have killed 3.736 Million (Recorder), OK lets say x 2 = 7.472 Million people in the last 15 Months, which is less that 0.10% of the Worlds population over a 15 month period is hardly an Earther Shattering event. Not when the Worlds population has increased by some 81 Million or 1.05% over the past 12 months. Statistically the Worlds population has increased (% wise) as follows, so we have no shortage of people. :-k :-k
in 2020 by 1.05%
in 2019 by 1.08%
In 2018 by 1.10%
In 2017 by 1.12%


My humble view is that on 01 July or 01 August 2021, the "World Majority" (excluding India, Brazil & Columbia) should just take off the Covid-19 shackles and completely return to a near normal life, without the "Reactionary Lockdowns" and without need for "Mandatory Quarantine at Borders" (but still with some sensible testing precaution being retained), accept the fact that some people will still die, and so return economic stability to all those who are suffering.


PS: Just my 2 cents worth \:D/ \:D/ and I had nothing better to do this morning :-({|= :fryingpan: :guitar: :wave:


LINK 1: https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/dail ... ths-region

LINK 2: https://ourworldindata.org/explorers/co ... a-explorer?

pipoz4444
Could not agree more! I would just add that nobody is preventing granny from staying home if she feels safer that way. And the same goes for grandpa (or anyone one else)!

User avatar
AlexO
udonmap.com
Posts: 1691
Joined: June 8, 2015, 11:45 am
Location: Nong Lat Udon

Re: Post Covid ecomony

Post by AlexO » June 6, 2021, 3:23 pm

anefarious1 wrote:
June 6, 2021, 2:48 pm
pipoz4444 wrote:
June 6, 2021, 2:42 pm
In 2017, before the know existence of Covid-19
1. Nearly 150,000 people die each day around the world, according to 2017 data
2. Cardiovascular diseases are the biggest killer globally, in 2017 with 48,742 daily deaths.

In May 2020, this is how COVID-19 compares to other diseases for number of deaths

Capture 2 Deaths Covid-19 to Others 16 May 2020 (Small).PNG


Nearly 150,000 people die per day, worldwide, based on the latest comprehensive research published in 2017. The most deadly diseases are as follows, with how many people die each day on average, sorted by cause:



Capture 3 Deaths Covid-19 to Others 16 May 2020.PNG


Cardiovascular diseases, or diseases of the heart and blood vessels, are the leading cause of death. However, their prominence is not reflected in our perceptions of death nor reflected i the main stream media, because it doesn't equate to better Ratings.



Capture 4 Deaths Covid-19 to Others 16 May 2020 (Small).PNG



BY COUNTRY: From the above China and India both see more than 25,000 total deaths per day, due to their large populations.

INTRODUCE COVID 19: The WHO declared COVID-19 a pandemic on March 11, 2020. Since then, the daily number of people who are recorded as having died from Covid-19 or its related illness/effects taken as an average between 01 January 2021 and 01 June 2022 is around 11, 108 person per day. month an average of,
01 January 2021 9,670
01 February 2021 10,223
01 March 2021 7,208
01 April 2021 11,873
01 May 2021 12,579
01 June 2021 15,098

Link 2: will show you that for the past 2 months figures for 01 May and 01 June 2021, India has contributed to between around 3,500 of the these daily deaths around 25% of them

To put it in some perspective,
1. If you exclude the Indian death numbers from the equation, then the Worldwide Deaths Due to Covid-19 for the remainder of the Countries due to Covid-19 is arguably around 10,000 deaths per day (for the rest of the whole of the World), as a broad average over the past 5 months from 01 January 2021 to now.
2. This daily number of 10,000, is a drop in the ocean compared to the let’s say near nearly normal 147, 118 deaths per day that was considered the Norm in 2017 before Covid-19


I suppose the point is or points are, that,

A) There were a lot of people dying every day before Covid-19 started and there are still a lot of people dying every day for many reasons other than Covid-19, including, 48,742 per day from cardiovascular disease, 26,181 per day from cancer, 7,010 per day from lower respiratory infections unrelated to Covid-19, 6,889 from dementia. It is part of being a Human and our Lifestyle on Planet Earth and it is nothing new and its is not going to change in the foreseeable future. Death is not something new and not confined to Covid-19?

B) It is time to move on from the fear of Covid-19, as a major death contributor, because it is not a major contributor. It is however being portrayed by the Media and Government as the be all and end of causes of deaths each day, when it is clearly not. [-X [-X

C) It is also time to accept that Covid-19 is here to stay and that some people will die from it, during this year and the next years after that. That is now just another part of human evolution. So get over it and return to what is the new Norms of Life. :-k :-k

D) That Covid-19 and is effect, is now partly understood and that with certain forms/types of vaccines, now in play, Covid-19 is no longer the unknown threat, that is was at the start of 2020. That to a degree Covid-19, is now manageable and is being managed and its potential to kill is now being reduced every day, by the introduction of the vaccination programs and by the fact that some people have already caught Covid-19

E) The World has recorded some 173.72 Million people have caught Covid-19, although in realty that number is probably closer to 520 Million people. But even if it is 520 Mill, this only represents around 6.80% of the Worlds population, who have caught the Virus in the last 15 Months. To me this is not the super-spreader Virus, infecting anyone and everyone at Will, that many in the Government and Media have portrayed it to be. To have only infected at most 6.80% of the population in a period of 15 months, at a rate of 0.45% of word population per month, is hardly a "Usain Bolt" event.

F) For Covid-19 to have killed 3.736 Million (Recorder), OK lets say x 2 = 7.472 Million people in the last 15 Months, which is less that 0.10% of the Worlds population over a 15 month period is hardly an Earther Shattering event. Not when the Worlds population has increased by some 81 Million or 1.05% over the past 12 months. Statistically the Worlds population has increased (% wise) as follows, so we have no shortage of people. :-k :-k
in 2020 by 1.05%
in 2019 by 1.08%
In 2018 by 1.10%
In 2017 by 1.12%


My humble view is that on 01 July or 01 August 2021, the "World Majority" (excluding India, Brazil & Columbia) should just take off the Covid-19 shackles and completely return to a near normal life, without the "Reactionary Lockdowns" and without need for "Mandatory Quarantine at Borders" (but still with some sensible testing precaution being retained), accept the fact that some people will still die, and so return economic stability to all those who are suffering.


PS: Just my 2 cents worth \:D/ \:D/ and I had nothing better to do this morning :-({|= :fryingpan: :guitar: :wave:


LINK 1: https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/dail ... ths-region

LINK 2: https://ourworldindata.org/explorers/co ... a-explorer?

pipoz4444
Could not agree more! I would just add that nobody is preventing granny from staying home if she feels safer that way. And the same goes for grandpa (or anyone one else)!
Yes very easy solution if you live in the west where we tend to 'fly the nest' and leave Governments to look after our parents/grandparents.
What if you live in poorer regions where looking after the people who took care of you as a child and young teen is the normal way of life.
How do you reckon extended families all living together in some of the poorest conditions in the same house can ensure there is no cross infections etc.
Perhaps you might advocate a euthanasia programme that just gets rid of the old and those with health risks that effectively does away with the problem??

User avatar
pipoz4444
udonmap.com
Posts: 1581
Joined: April 8, 2011, 1:33 am
Location: All Over the Place

Re: Post Covid ecomony

Post by pipoz4444 » June 6, 2021, 7:33 pm

Re: How do you reckon extended families all living together in some of the poorest conditions in the same house can ensure there is no cross infections etc.
Re: Perhaps you might advocate a euthanasia programme that just gets rid of the old and those with health risks that effectively does away with the problem?

:-k Continued government lock downs of small businesses, won’t solve this issue of how many people live in one house and it is these poorer or less fortunate people, who tend to suffer more from effect of the business closures and their loss of any supporting income for their families, rather than the wealthy.

There is no easy “ one shoe fits all solution” to the Covid-19, so one has to opt for the lesser of the two evils at a point in time and I see that point as now. From what I can see (and particularly in Thailand) a lot of the more less fortunate people are really suffering, today, needing to beg for food and wait in line for daily food handouts and or some form of monetary help, just to support themselves and their families, simply because they have no opportunity to earn any income and no other means of financial support. It is a reality today. :-k :-k and this cannot go on forever.

Once you take away a person’s livelihood and or ability to earn money to support his family forever, as may well be the case for many due to all the business closures, you may as well assign him/her to the scrap heap and to living below that poverty line, for a long time. This is already a certainty for many, and a greater risk than catching Covid-19. But this is my just my view.

Those who think that all the businesses which have closed to date, will simply re-open with the wave of magic wand, at some magical point in time, and that economic normality will then return to all, (including that small street vendor who lived hand to mouth), are just kidding themselves. History may prove me wrong, but it won't be in the next few years.

You can’t measure the amount of damage that has already been done to the small businesses, that really do support so many Thai families, in Pattaya, Phuket and up Country, and I seriously doubt it much of it will be repaired by any Government. So yes, I do advocate removing the shackles in the next month or month after and giving whatever is left a chance to recover for all those who are currently suffering now and for those who desperately need to start earning a daily living daily again.

There is nothing stopping people, still taking reasonably sensible precautions, in all of this i.e. wearing their masks, avoiding crowds, disinfecting surfaces and washing hand etc. All of this can still be done in parallel with businesses functioning again. This is not a "One or the Other" :-k [-X

Dragging this lockdown scenario out, for another 4 or 6 months, is not the answer. [-( [-(

Euthanasia is not an issue, given the most Countries are vaccinating the elderly and high risk groups first, so I can't work out how this factors into the discussion. It may have been relevant to a discussion, six months ago, but I doubt it is relevant today.


Governments err on the side of caution, sensible people make decisions: With vaccines now being rolled out, the elderly and sick being first in line to receive them, a better understanding of who the virus targets or effects most and who it does not target or effect, that light at the end of the tunnel is getting a lot brighter. \:D/ \:D/ =D>

Again, its just my 2 cent worth from what I see happening to those less fortunate, throughout Pattaya, Phuket and Isaan, as of today :-k

pipoz4444

User avatar
pipoz4444
udonmap.com
Posts: 1581
Joined: April 8, 2011, 1:33 am
Location: All Over the Place

Re: Post Covid ecomony

Post by pipoz4444 » June 6, 2021, 10:19 pm

Hanging by a Thread" :-k :-k

or "Hanging by a Moment"








pipoz4444

User avatar
rick
udonmap.com
Posts: 2659
Joined: January 9, 2008, 10:36 am
Location: Udon, or UK May-August

Re: Post Covid ecomony

Post by rick » June 6, 2021, 11:35 pm

As we saw in India, the problem with lax lockdowns is the health service becomes overloaded. Do you just refuse to treat Covid-19 victims? Who deserves a bed more, someone with Covid-19 and breathing problems or a cancer patient? Once a health system becomes overloaded, deaths from all causes go up. A big moral question which doctors should not have to deal with and politicians will always avoid (unless your China or similar).

Also telling employees you HAVE to work (or presumably not get paid) is also a moral and legal issue, which has not been seriously challenged yet. I for see numerous court cases where the families of those who died at for instance meat packing plants where employee safety from the virus was often ignored, demand significant compensation. And is the government liable due to inadequate action?

Health, safety, liability and legal responsibility will be areas of dispute for years.

User avatar
Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com
Posts: 6995
Joined: October 14, 2013, 4:39 pm

Re: Post Covid ecomony

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 10, 2021, 9:13 am

On another thread its mentioned the Thai government are hoping for 3 million tourists this year when locations such as Phuket re open .. tourists that are vaccinated or not ??? from as early as next month ??

More so .. who would want to travel on holiday here , with some restrictions and regulations staying in place plus most of the tourist hang outs closed .. a mate on the ground in Phuket is saying most of the hotels and tourist activities are closed down ..with at least half closed for good not reopening as places have been stripped out.. cant see international travelers coming until 22/23 ..leaving domestic tourism.. so are a plethora of extra holidays and subsidized long weekends the answer?

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

User avatar
pipoz4444
udonmap.com
Posts: 1581
Joined: April 8, 2011, 1:33 am
Location: All Over the Place

Re: Post Covid ecomony

Post by pipoz4444 » June 14, 2021, 6:01 pm

I just don't see the Phuket Sandbox working, in fact I see it failing before it starts

Much like the STV initiative (Special Tourist Visa) that they tried to sell last year.

Just too many hurdles, for too few available Tourists, especially at this time of year :-k :-k


https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/122042 ... paign=news

pipoz4444

DuiDui49
udonmap.com
Posts: 1360
Joined: March 15, 2006, 3:10 pm
Location: Koh Samui

Re: Post Covid ecomony

Post by DuiDui49 » June 14, 2021, 7:32 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
June 10, 2021, 9:13 am
On another thread its mentioned the Thai government are hoping for 3 million tourists this year when locations such as Phuket re open .. tourists that are vaccinated or not ??? from as early as next month ??

More so .. who would want to travel on holiday here , with some restrictions and regulations staying in place plus most of the tourist hang outs closed .. a mate on the ground in Phuket is saying most of the hotels and tourist activities are closed down ..with at least half closed for good not reopening as places have been stripped out.. cant see international travelers coming until 22/23 ..leaving domestic tourism.. so are a plethora of extra holidays and subsidized long weekends the answer?

DM
"Only"good thing regarding Tourist not coming here.They can now do all the Infrastructure update..also good in general for the Nature/Wildlife to heal.All the talk about a environmental sustainable Tourism for Thailand,well they have a golden opportunity for TAT to do so,if they want..but i guess "fast cash" talks more..sad but true.And Thailand is not alone to NOT think in the ways of environmental sustainable Tourism.Talk but no walk..atleast not much.I feel very sorry for all the very small businesses that don't have any emergency fonds to help them stay afloat.How many of the Thais even knows what the word Sustainability stands for..here's whath Wikipedia says:
Sustainability is the capacity to endure in a relatively ongoing way across various domains of life. In the 21st century, it refers generally to the capacity for Earth's biosphere and human civilization to co-exist.
Best regards
//DuiDui
"Exercise is individual and nutrition is queen: together, you have a kingdom."

“Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues but the parent of all others.” 

"To grow and mature demands time and willingness to learn from your own misstakes"

User avatar
saint
udonmap.com
Posts: 3501
Joined: February 28, 2008, 5:31 pm
Location: the truth is out there . but dont dare tell it !!!!

Re: Post Covid ecomony

Post by saint » June 15, 2021, 11:46 am

Jeez , what planet do these public servants come from ?
I think i heard they are expecting thousands to arrive on unicorns , but they are not paying with cash .
No , instead they are using pixie dust .

User avatar
Niggly
udonmap.com
Posts: 2575
Joined: December 5, 2018, 5:51 pm
Location: Not watching old Home Cable TV clips in Nong Na Kham

Re: Post Covid ecomony

Post by Niggly » June 16, 2021, 1:09 pm

Crikey, from today’s Bangkok Post. It’s going to be like Alcatraz. I expect they’ll be circling the island with razor wire next
While staying in Phuket during the mandatory 14-day period, their precise locations will be tracked via the global positioning system (GPS) feature on an English version of Mor Chana, as well as a location-tracking wristband.

Facial recognition security cameras will be installed to detect any tourists who try to leave Phuket before completing the mandatory 14-day stay.
Home Cable TV’s new Archive Officer

User avatar
Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com
Posts: 6995
Joined: October 14, 2013, 4:39 pm

Re: Post Covid ecomony

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 16, 2021, 1:20 pm

Life guards replaced by highly trained sharp shooters on towers .. how technology has advanced , being out on tag a few years back was a bulky ankle fitting not a swish fashionable wristband... big brother is watching ..

News for Pattaya .. tourism officials are not expecting any tourists to arrive this low season .. no sh*t sherlock !!

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

User avatar
Niggly
udonmap.com
Posts: 2575
Joined: December 5, 2018, 5:51 pm
Location: Not watching old Home Cable TV clips in Nong Na Kham

Re: Post Covid ecomony

Post by Niggly » June 16, 2021, 1:30 pm

It’ll make all the scousers feel right at home.
Home Cable TV’s new Archive Officer

Post Reply

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”