Buying a TCL TV?

Looking for a something in particular but don't know where to buy it? Try asking here...
User avatar
jackspratt
udonmap.com
Posts: 12701
Joined: July 2, 2006, 5:29 pm

Re: Buying a TCL TV?

Post by jackspratt » June 1, 2021, 7:48 pm

Giggle wrote:
June 1, 2021, 11:14 am
Never take a warranty seriously in a lawless country. Their interest in you evaporates the second the money passes from your hand to theirs.
Are you looking forward to the day when you can be taken seriously here, giggles?

Or are you happy to just troll on .... and on .... and



User avatar
stattointhailand
udonmap.com
Posts: 13914
Joined: October 25, 2007, 11:34 pm
Location: Oiling the locks on my gun case

Re: Buying a TCL TV?

Post by stattointhailand » June 1, 2021, 11:01 pm

Still looking for bloomin' Jeeves, I've got a string of questions I'm waiting to ask him :evil:

BKK-Udon
udonmap.com
Posts: 62
Joined: December 24, 2012, 1:24 pm
Location: Udon Thani

Re: Buying a TCL TV?

Post by BKK-Udon » June 2, 2021, 8:50 am

Bandung_Dero wrote:
June 1, 2021, 4:54 pm
Just for an outsider looking in:-
Wots a TCL TV?
Same as above, Samsung branded has never let me down, TVs, PC monitors etc.

As for batteries, I NEVER install the crap supplied into new remotes.
Google:
[TCL was founded 39 years ago and has become one of the world's largest consumer electronics companies over the years. TCL Electronics is now ranked 2nd globally in terms of product shipment in volume. The group has 75,000 employees, 28 Research and Development laboratories and 22 production sites. While we are first and foremost TV designers, we also produce a wide range of home appliances: Blu-ray players, tablets, fridges, washing machines, and Audio products. TCL Electronics operates in more than 80 countries and markets its products in more than 160 countries. Whether our customers live in the United States, Brazil, China, Germany or elsewhere, they can enjoy TCL products and technologies.
They became somewhat notable once they started to beat Samsung in picture quality since their pricing has always been considerably cheaper. I am not a brand fan, just a value and quality fan. Samsung is still #1 in revenue, but not in picture quality, imho. I bought a basic Samsung to use for youtube on the porch last year, and am appalled at the low quality construction, picture, menu and audio. Should have bought another tcl, I guess. Main tv is an LG, problem free for 5 years so far.

Might be because our tv’s rarely get used!

Glad tcl came and picked up your tv, @Charlieb, but not sure why it has no warranty?

glalt
udonmap.com
Posts: 2352
Joined: January 14, 2007, 10:35 am
Location: Nong Hin, Loei

Re: Buying a TCL TV?

Post by glalt » June 2, 2021, 9:21 am

Maybe it's just luck, I have a TCL TV that has been flawless for quite a few years. It has even done double duty after the monitor for my camera security system died. (ON 24/7) The TCL now is in my bedroom and I watch movies from a hard drive. At my condo I have a Samsung. It replaced a large Sony. I discovered too late that the Sony accessories are proprietary and a regular memory stick wouldn't work. Only the Sony died prematurely. The Sony TV lost the picture shortly after the warranty was up. I took it to the Sony service center and they wanted 9,000 baht to repair it. I declined and just left it there. No more Sony TV's for me.

I have a 40 inch Panasonic in my living room, Samsung in my condo bedroom and a Samsung in my game room. I should mention that my condo also has an ancient Hitachi tube type in the living room. It is more than ten years old and still works fine. I expect it to die every time I turn it on but it is still working.

User avatar
Niggly
udonmap.com
Posts: 2575
Joined: December 5, 2018, 5:51 pm
Location: Not watching old Home Cable TV clips in Nong Na Kham

Re: Buying a TCL TV?

Post by Niggly » June 2, 2021, 9:53 am

BKK-Udon wrote:
June 2, 2021, 8:50 am
[TCL was founded 39 years ago and has become one of the world's largest consumer electronics companies over the years. TCL Electronics is now ranked 2nd globally in terms of product shipment in volume. The group has 75,000 employees, 28 Research and Development laboratories and 22 production sites. While we are first and foremost TV designers, we also produce a wide range of home appliances: Blu-ray players, tablets, fridges, washing machines, and Audio products. TCL Electronics operates in more than 80 countries and markets its products in more than 160 countries. Whether our customers live in the United States, Brazil, China, Germany or elsewhere, they can enjoy TCL products and technologies.
Founded in 1981 as a cassette tape manufacturer called TTK but got sued by TDK for IP violation.

If you had TDK tapes in your Brixton Briefcase when I was young you were the dogs danglies
Home Cable TV’s new Archive Officer

User avatar
jackspratt
udonmap.com
Posts: 12701
Joined: July 2, 2006, 5:29 pm

Re: Buying a TCL TV?

Post by jackspratt » June 2, 2021, 10:04 am


Kenr6583
udonmap.com
Posts: 1396
Joined: July 13, 2019, 2:15 pm

Re: Buying a TCL TV?

Post by Kenr6583 » June 2, 2021, 10:10 am

LOL. I know off topic but any audiophiles out there who listen to music through headphones?

User avatar
Niggly
udonmap.com
Posts: 2575
Joined: December 5, 2018, 5:51 pm
Location: Not watching old Home Cable TV clips in Nong Na Kham

Re: Buying a TCL TV?

Post by Niggly » June 2, 2021, 10:13 am

Kenr6583 wrote:
June 2, 2021, 10:10 am
LOL. I know off topic but any audiophiles out there who listen to music through headphones?
I suppose it depends what you want to know. I’ve got over ear headphones & ear buds depending on what I’m doing although I wouldn’t describe myself as an audiophile
Home Cable TV’s new Archive Officer

Kenr6583
udonmap.com
Posts: 1396
Joined: July 13, 2019, 2:15 pm

Re: Buying a TCL TV?

Post by Kenr6583 » June 2, 2021, 10:18 am

Niggly wrote:
June 2, 2021, 10:13 am
Kenr6583 wrote:
June 2, 2021, 10:10 am
LOL. I know off topic but any audiophiles out there who listen to music through headphones?
I suppose it depends what you want to know. I’ve got over ear headphones & ear buds depending on what I’m doing although I wouldn’t describe myself as an audiophile
Like the one in the commercial that was just shown. I can't consider myself an audiophile either, but I do know what sounds good. I have never used headphones on a stereo system before, just wondering if anybody else has and if it's better than listening through speakers.

User avatar
Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com
Posts: 6994
Joined: October 14, 2013, 4:39 pm

Re: Buying a TCL TV?

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 2, 2021, 10:28 am

theres possibly a reason to connect TCL being a cheaper brand than most others as they are crap .. by that i mean more "one off" lemons are in the sales numbers ..alas looks like charlieb got one ov em.. bad luck or bad choice when purchasing .. as other posters comment they avoided a lemon.

Thank the lord advertising as moved on with the times as has technology ..that ad all be it from 1984 was so dull and shamefully sexist .... NO ? .... same ad nowadays would have to have a non ginger rug munching person of colour with less skin showing to avoid a back lash.

Thanks for the memories Jack .. :lol:

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

User avatar
Niggly
udonmap.com
Posts: 2575
Joined: December 5, 2018, 5:51 pm
Location: Not watching old Home Cable TV clips in Nong Na Kham

Re: Buying a TCL TV?

Post by Niggly » June 2, 2021, 10:31 am

Kenr6583 wrote:
June 2, 2021, 10:18 am

Like the one in the commercial that was just shown. I can't consider myself an audiophile either, but I do know what sounds good. I have never used headphones on a stereo system before, just wondering if anybody else has and if it's better than listening through speakers.
I’ve always used ear buds, mainly cheap knock offs from Bangkok & they’ve been fine for someone who really is tone deaf & regularly loses them. I then invested in a genuine pair & the difference was huge.

Just before flying last year I decided to buy some noise cancelling headphones for the plane. It’s not bothered me for the last 30 odd years but I suspected my 2yo would probably have a tantrum or two which I wanted Mrs N to deal with. They’re fantastic 👍
I guess the only drawback is they get very sweaty over here if I wear them outside
Home Cable TV’s new Archive Officer

Kenr6583
udonmap.com
Posts: 1396
Joined: July 13, 2019, 2:15 pm

Re: Buying a TCL TV?

Post by Kenr6583 » June 2, 2021, 10:35 am

Niggly wrote:
June 2, 2021, 10:31 am
Kenr6583 wrote:
June 2, 2021, 10:18 am

Like the one in the commercial that was just shown. I can't consider myself an audiophile either, but I do know what sounds good. I have never used headphones on a stereo system before, just wondering if anybody else has and if it's better than listening through speakers.
I’ve always used ear buds, mainly cheap knock offs from Bangkok & they’ve been fine for someone who really is tone deaf & regularly loses them. I then invested in a genuine pair & the difference was huge.

Just before flying last year I decided to buy some noise cancelling headphones for the plane. It’s not bothered me for the last 30 odd years but I suspected my 2yo would probably have a tantrum or two which I wanted Mrs N to deal with. They’re fantastic 👍
I guess the only drawback is they get very sweaty over here if I wear them outside
LOL, noise canceling headphones on an airplane with a 2 year old? Wise decision.

User avatar
Niggly
udonmap.com
Posts: 2575
Joined: December 5, 2018, 5:51 pm
Location: Not watching old Home Cable TV clips in Nong Na Kham

Re: Buying a TCL TV?

Post by Niggly » June 2, 2021, 10:41 am

Kenr6583 wrote:
June 2, 2021, 10:35 am

LOL, noise canceling headphones on an airplane with a 2 year old? Wise decision.
They were perfect, I think one of the best investments I ever made.

I still use them sometimes in the living room. I pretend to be watching a movie on my iPad but in reality I’m just daydreaming in silence
Home Cable TV’s new Archive Officer

Kenr6583
udonmap.com
Posts: 1396
Joined: July 13, 2019, 2:15 pm

Re: Buying a TCL TV?

Post by Kenr6583 » June 2, 2021, 10:49 am

Too funny...

User avatar
Charlieb
udonmap.com
Posts: 839
Joined: January 18, 2007, 4:49 pm
Location: Udon Thani

Re: Buying a TCL TV?

Post by Charlieb » June 11, 2021, 5:56 am

I thought I would follow up on this.
After many attempts, including emails to service center management, I wrote a letter to corporate headquarters in Bangkok, marked for the VP of Customer Relations. I outlined all the problems I had with the TCL service center and let them know how disappointed I was with their warranty service.
Two days later we got a phone call from a lady who was an assistant to the “big boss”. She spoke only Thai to my wife so I only got the gist of their 30 minute conversation.
She said the “big boss” was really upset and said this is not the image that TCL wanted to portray. He told her to make it right. She told the wife she was sending a new TV from Bangkok.
Yesterday, two people showed up with a brand new TV and exchanged without even an examination the old TV.
Sometimes it pays to go to top. One can only hope the “big boss” chewed some ass and made some changes at the service center.
Lesson learned here. When buying a major appliance, make sure the brand has a local service center so you don’t deal with idiots on the phone in a far away city. :evil: ;)

Kenr6583
udonmap.com
Posts: 1396
Joined: July 13, 2019, 2:15 pm

Re: Buying a TCL TV?

Post by Kenr6583 » June 11, 2021, 6:11 am

Good for you. Sometimes persistence does pay off.

User avatar
saint
udonmap.com
Posts: 3501
Joined: February 28, 2008, 5:31 pm
Location: the truth is out there . but dont dare tell it !!!!

Re: Buying a TCL TV?

Post by saint » June 11, 2021, 7:28 am

Well done . Im gobsmacked that there is such a thing as customer relations departments in any Thai organisation , let alone one with a V P . So good for you .

User avatar
Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com
Posts: 6994
Joined: October 14, 2013, 4:39 pm

Re: Buying a TCL TV?

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 11, 2021, 8:31 am

Charlieb wrote:
June 11, 2021, 5:56 am
I thought I would follow up on this.
After many attempts, including emails to service center management, I wrote a letter to corporate headquarters in Bangkok, marked for the VP of Customer Relations. I outlined all the problems I had with the TCL service center and let them know how disappointed I was with their warranty service.
Two days later we got a phone call from a lady who was an assistant to the “big boss”. She spoke only Thai to my wife so I only got the gist of their 30 minute conversation.
She said the “big boss” was really upset and said this is not the image that TCL wanted to portray. He told her to make it right. She told the wife she was sending a new TV from Bangkok.
Yesterday, two people showed up with a brand new TV and exchanged without even an examination the old TV.
Sometimes it pays to go to top. One can only hope the “big boss” chewed some ass and made some changes at the service center.
Lesson learned here. When buying a major appliance, make sure the brand has a local service center so you don’t deal with idiots on the phone in a far away city. :evil: ;)
Excellent result Charlie =D> =D> ... BTW please can you forward me the letter you wrote , i will change the name and resend it i need a new TV .. :lol: .

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

glalt
udonmap.com
Posts: 2352
Joined: January 14, 2007, 10:35 am
Location: Nong Hin, Loei

Re: Buying a TCL TV?

Post by glalt » June 17, 2021, 9:43 am

Customer service sometimes exists here in Thailand. Several years I ordered a new high end Dell computer. It came with a keyboard and a mouse. The mouse didn't work. I contacted Dell and two days later a new mouse came via FedEx. I was impressed. The Dell desktop has been trouble free and it is still working fine. The warrantee was three years in home service. I asked them how they could guarantee the computer for three years and in home service. They laughed and told me that the computer would not have any problems for at least three years, so they would not have to come to my home.

User avatar
Niggly
udonmap.com
Posts: 2575
Joined: December 5, 2018, 5:51 pm
Location: Not watching old Home Cable TV clips in Nong Na Kham

Re: Buying a TCL TV?

Post by Niggly » June 17, 2021, 10:25 am

I bought 10 ceiling fans from Thai Watsadu early 2019 & the fiddly little wall tags to hang the remotes have irritated me ever since. A couple of months back I noticed in the spare room the remote holder was a proper holster thing (I know, I know, just don’t ever go in the room often & haven’t used the fan).
I didn’t expect much joy trying to get holsters from Thai Watsadu so I googled the manufacturing company & got contact details in Bangkok. I then pinged them an email asking if they could supply holsters fully intending to buy them but got a reply profusely apologising for the supply error (?) & if I told them my address they’d send some FOC. A box of 10 arrived by Kerry 2 days later.
Customer Service result 👍

Moral to the story, always ask, the worst that can happen is they say no
Home Cable TV’s new Archive Officer

Post Reply

Return to “Where to Buy Things in Udon”