I got another year here..

General Udon Thani topics only!
stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Re: I got another year here..

Post by stattointhailand » June 16, 2021, 9:10 pm

I think, probably, the less said about "morally correct behaviour (or even behavior) and attitudes" here, the better :-$

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » June 17, 2021, 9:17 am

It reflects poorly on the immigration officers AND you. But, of course, an unprincipled person cannot see this.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

dezzer111
udonmap.com

Post by dezzer111 » June 17, 2021, 12:44 pm

This is why Google translate has been withdrawn people just don't think with some remarks, leave their system as it is stop bitching about minor aspects.
"You'll Never Walk Alone"L.F.C.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » June 18, 2021, 4:54 pm

Quick semi unrelated question....what is the minimum amount you have to hold in your bank account year round for the marriage visa. I am thinking of switching from a retirement to marriage non o visa. Thanks in advance.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » June 18, 2021, 5:39 pm

newtovillagelife wrote:
June 18, 2021, 4:54 pm
Quick semi unrelated question....what is the minimum amount you have to hold in your bank account year round for the marriage visa. I am thinking of switching from a retirement to marriage non o visa. Thanks in advance.
zero nadda

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » June 18, 2021, 5:56 pm

newtovillagelife wrote:
June 18, 2021, 4:54 pm
If you’re using banked money the full amount has to be in the account for two months before application.
You then may need to show it’s still there at the end of 30 days consideration but that’s at the officers discretion & you should be told if it needs to be shown on application.
(I don’t think Udon are asking)
Last edited by Niggly on June 19, 2021, 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » June 19, 2021, 7:55 am

Ah more moans about actions of the Immigration Office , as ST said in the days of Nong Khai and our dear AWKWARD friend Mr Happy , coupled with the 80 podd kilometre round trip, nowadays it is a breeze.

All questions relating to Immigration and requirements should always be made to them, they are after all the final arbiter in all things regarding this subject . So many offer advice and observations which have been in the past wrong or distorted by facts and often personal experience,

We forget that the local RTP Immigration ,do read Udon Map especially those posts about Immigration, I know as I was talking to an IO about my then renewal he mentioned to me something which had been posted a day or so earlier. Not that they would actively act on what was written ( no no no ..lol) , but forewarned is forearmed.

Paying excess, the old no change response or lack or receiving change , is easily avoidable by as others have said offering the correct amount normally in an envelope ( I use ) .

Common-sense used and never criticised by the IO, sad that many do not use that in dealings with Immigration.

anefarious1
udonmap.com

Post by anefarious1 » June 19, 2021, 10:22 am

Khun Paul wrote:
June 19, 2021, 7:55 am
Ah more moans about actions of the Immigration Office , as ST said in the days of Nong Khai and our dear AWKWARD friend Mr Happy , coupled with the 80 podd kilometre round trip, nowadays it is a breeze.

All questions relating to Immigration and requirements should always be made to them, they are after all the final arbiter in all things regarding this subject . So many offer advice and observations which have been in the past wrong or distorted by facts and often personal experience,

We forget that the local RTP Immigration ,do read Udon Map especially those posts about Immigration, I know as I was talking to an IO about my then renewal he mentioned to me something which had been posted a day or so earlier. Not that they would actively act on what was written ( no no no ..lol) , but forewarned is forearmed.

Paying excess, the old no change response or lack or receiving change , is easily avoidable by as others have said offering the correct amount normally in an envelope ( I use ) .

Common-sense used and never criticised by the IO, sad that many do not use that in dealings with Immigration.
So if they verbally ask for 2,000 baht, do you still hand over the envelope with 1,900? Again not a big deal - just curious.

Charlieb
udonmap.com

Post by Charlieb » June 19, 2021, 10:53 am

I find if I ask for a receipt I get the 100 Baht back since the receipt says 1900 Baht
With that said most of the time I don't bother. 100 Baht is nothing in the scheme of things.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » June 19, 2021, 2:04 pm

anefarious1 wrote:
June 19, 2021, 10:22 am
Khun Paul wrote:
June 19, 2021, 7:55 am

So if they verbally ask for 2,000 baht, do you still hand over the envelope with 1,900? Again not a big deal - just curious.
They have never asked I just proffer the envelope with 1900 baht written on the outside, never questioned.

nutosf
udonmap.com

Post by nutosf » June 25, 2021, 5:42 pm

I went for my initial marriage visa last November. Made 2 visits, the first visit was to verify the paperwork I had and what other paperwork was needed. My wife & I was helped by a woman officer who had some English, but mostly my wife did the talking and I signed everything put in front of me.

The overall experience was very positive. Good staff, very helpful. Made copies at no charge. For financials, I used monthly deposits. I only had 8 deposits and they said that was enough. The home visit happened within 3 days.

I wish my past experiences in Pattaya had gone as smoothly.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”