Masks

General Udon Thani topics only!
Whistler
udonmap.com

Masks

Post by Whistler » October 1, 2022, 3:04 pm

Officially the mandatory wearing of masks was retracted in July with certain exceptions. Now Oct 1 the pandemic was officially declared over

I have decided to keep a mask in my pocket, if any Thai people object to me not wearing one, out of courtesy I will put it on.

What do other forum members think?

I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Re: Masks

Post by Khun Paul » October 1, 2022, 3:06 pm

Well I also read that Masks are Mandatory on Public transport , so whatever they decide I will still wear a mask in large Public Shopping Centres and Supermarkets . Better to be safe than sorry

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » October 1, 2022, 4:02 pm

We as guests in this country should do like Thais mostly do..use a mask.When i go some were for shopping i mostly see Foreigner skipping it..I for one will continue using/wearing it.

//Alfie..:-)

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » October 1, 2022, 5:05 pm

If it's optional, I'll opt out. If, like in a hospital, it's not, I'm in.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » October 1, 2022, 5:45 pm

Whistle
" if any Thai people object to me not wearing one, out of courtesy I will put it on."

What if a Foreigner objects to you not wearing one, what then?

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » October 1, 2022, 5:48 pm

DuiDui
In response to "We as guests in this country should do like Thais mostly do.."
We then dont have to wear helmets riding motorcycles, run red stop lights , ride the opposite way on the roads, dont have to have Licenses or insurance etc, electrical systems on vehicles not working, and so on?

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » October 1, 2022, 6:00 pm

Doodoo wrote:
October 1, 2022, 5:45 pm
Whistle
" if any Thai people object to me not wearing one, out of courtesy I will put it on."

What if a Foreigner objects to you not wearing one, what then?
By definition it is not the foreigner's country. While I am a guest in this country, I will respect their wishes.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » October 1, 2022, 6:03 pm

Doodoo wrote:
October 1, 2022, 5:48 pm
DuiDui
In response to "We as guests in this country should do like Thais mostly do.."
We then dont have to wear helmets riding motorcycles, run red stop lights , ride the opposite way on the roads, dont have to have Licenses or insurance etc, electrical systems on vehicles not working, and so on?
Respecting their country does not include doing dangerous things. Not offending Thai's would be my guiding principles.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » October 1, 2022, 6:25 pm

I'm done with mask wearing, prefer fresh air in my lungs and to see happy smiling faces again.

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » October 1, 2022, 9:36 pm

fatbob wrote:
October 1, 2022, 6:25 pm
I'm done with mask wearing, prefer fresh air in my lungs and to see happy smiling faces again.
Same Same air with or without a mask.

Airportwo
udonmap.com

Post by Airportwo » October 2, 2022, 10:06 am

Amazing masks! it states on any decent mask "no protection against covid" mask wearing was an exercise in control, not safety. The science states they are useless and detrimental to health. Monkey say, monkey do? Thais wear them so I will, Thais drive like idiots, should we all do the same as a sign of respect, we are all individually sovereign - unless you trust the "government" above self - suggest you think for yourself. At some point folks may even realise what a con the whole agenda was, unless they have completely lost the ability to think for themselves.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » October 2, 2022, 10:09 am

Its over and done with Time to move on
What's next on the list to bitch about

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » October 2, 2022, 10:16 am

Airportwo wrote:
October 2, 2022, 10:06 am
At some point folks may even realise what a con the whole agenda was, unless they have completely lost the ability to think for themselves.
Or they are dead from Covid. ;)

Airportwo
udonmap.com

Post by Airportwo » October 2, 2022, 10:31 am

^ Well done, a man who has absorbed all the BS the MSM has fed him, sad truth is the the VAST majority of the dead have been "vaccinated" and will continue to die as there God given immune systems have been compromised or they have been admitted to hospitals that will greatly profit treating them with protocols that make Big Pharma the most amount of money or will be given government funding. Read one of the many books available about "The Great Reset" "covid" its part and parcel, no doubt the Stockholm syndrome most exhibit will prevent them from seeing this. Have a nice healthy, happy day :)

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » October 2, 2022, 11:08 am

Yada, yada, yada........

Let me guess - you are also an expert on global warming.

And 5G - what about that?

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » October 2, 2022, 11:27 am

Airportwo wrote:
October 2, 2022, 10:31 am
^ Well done, a man who has absorbed all the BS the MSM has fed him, sad truth is the the VAST majority of the dead have been "vaccinated" and will continue to die as there God given immune systems have been compromised or they have been admitted to hospitals that will greatly profit treating them with protocols that make Big Pharma the most amount of money or will be given government funding. Read one of the many books available about "The Great Reset" "covid" its part and parcel, no doubt the Stockholm syndrome most exhibit will prevent them from seeing this. Have a nice healthy, happy day :)
Oh dear boy , I will as will many others . We are all on here free thinking individuals quite capable of thinking through much of the gobbly-gook many spout and I am including you in this situation .

Your suppositions are fine, sadly erroneous , but you are entitled to say whatever you want but do not for one minute think that any of us actually believe the tripe you write especially when historical facts does debunk the vast majority of your assertions.
May I suggest that next time you write you engage the grey cells before actually penning anything . Thankyou

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » October 2, 2022, 12:59 pm

Airportwo wrote:
it states on any decent mask "no protection against covid" —snip—-
Completely delusional statements making false claims.

Good masks reduce disease transmission, excellent ones reduce the inbound transmission to virtually zero.

However masks do not stop vacuous idiotic claims or athlete’s foot. They certainly don’t stop the foot in mouth situation, though they make it a little more difficult.

On the actual subject I will continue to use masks in public places, I like not catching the flue.
Last edited by sometimewoodworker on October 2, 2022, 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » October 2, 2022, 1:38 pm

sometimewoodworker wrote:
October 2, 2022, 12:59 pm
Airportwo wrote:
it states on any decent mask "no protection against covid" —snip—-
Completely delusional statements making false claims.

Good masks reduce disease transmission, excellent ones reduce the inbound transmission to virtually zero.

However masks do not stop vacuous idiotic claims or athlete’s foot. They certainly don’t stop the foot in mouth situation.

On the actual subject I will continue to use masks in public places, I like not catching the flue.
Good for you. Australia dropped the mask mandate in Febuary when I was there, immeadiatly 99% of the population stopped wearing them. Eight months later and a good six weeks since the mask mandate was abolished here it is starting to drop off finally, I was just at the local 7/11 and was very pleased to see less than 50% wearing masks, seems things are starting to return to normal, I look forward to seeing faces again, I guess in another month it will only be the old frail Udon map members in masks....55555

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » October 2, 2022, 2:18 pm

The Asian’s have a more sensible and polite attitude and have in the 30 years I’ve lived in Japan and visited Korea, in that rather than force others to suffer the consequences of coughs, colds and other respiratory diseases they will wear masks thus reducing transmission.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » October 2, 2022, 2:55 pm

We forget well some of us the OLD Normal will never return, the old idea of just jumping on a plane to fly away is now gone forever.
The fact that the Human Populatipn suddenly realised that Viruses are Air-borne and that anyone can catch them and millions DID . Millions died as well and still we have the nay-sayers and the not on the same planet brigade spouting absolute rubbish .
mask wearing is a [purely personal thing and those that wish to can and those that decry others wearing masks, just shuffle off to your own world but do not expect us to be present at your funerals .

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”