Investment opportunity or not??

Information on building a house, buying poperty and land, and all other general contruction topics...
BangkokButcher
udonmap.com

Investment opportunity or not??

Post by BangkokButcher » November 18, 2005, 5:48 am

Came across this tonight:

http://www.investindinar.co.uk/shop/

Kinda makes you wonder...

Also read this:
Point is the conversion rate before the war was 0.45 but now its 0.00038. If you buy 1,000,000 dinar now in a few years the exchange rate may raise again therefore you make a killing! I think this is a worth while investment being that natural recourses are running out, the prices of them are raising by the day and Iraq has 10% of the world oil. Do some research, people who invested in currency after the world wars made millions...

Do the math you buy 500,000 Dinar for ฃ260 @ 0.00038. The exchange rate goes back up to 0.45 you now have 500,000 * 0.45 = ฃ225,000 for ฃ260!

http://www.investindinar.co.uk

Now there's no way I'm stupid enough to think it going to go back up to that mark but the Dinar is being released into the stock exchange in 2006. You can make your own judgements on weather this is a good investment or not I'm not guaranteeing anything. However if you can afford to lose ฃ250-ฃ500 it maybe worth buying it, sticking it into a shoe box and seeing what happens in 2, 3,...., 10 years time!

I repeat this is not guaranteed, make your own minds up! Personally I got a few quids worth...

I have bought 1,000,000 dinar heres the email I have had back from them. I know this site is legit because I have seen dinar in my hand bought from it!
And this:

http://www.xe.com/iqd.htm :?

And finally found this:

http://www.investorsiraq.com/

What do you guys think of the validity of investing in Iraq's crumbled economy???

valentine

Post by valentine » November 18, 2005, 7:40 am

Whoa, when a currency gets in deep trouble like the Dinar the way out is to cancel it and void all the paper bills and re-issue a new one.leaving you with useless souvenirs of what once was money.

allen
udonmap.com

Post by allen » November 18, 2005, 4:12 pm

Having been here in the desert for the last couple of years my advise is
If you can afford it buy some. This is the new currency that was issued
in January 04 and was produced to replace the old currency. It will not
be a quick return but in several years it will be a nice investment. Now
it is illegal to take out of the country and the Central Bank of Iraq is
monitoring it closely. Also the military is not paying outside labor in
dollars any more but issuing checks so the locals have to use the dinar.
There are good signs the dinar will soon be a viable currency.

Bump
udonmap.com

Post by Bump » November 18, 2005, 5:43 pm

allen wrote:Having been here in the desert for the last couple of years my advise is
Well lets hope so bought 1.6 milliom last year in Kuwait, not even thinking about return for at least five years.

They just need to stop killing eachother and pump some oil. Knew it was a risk when I did it, my life won't end if it doesn't do well.

It was intersting talking to some of the guys who purchased Kuwait currency durng the first gulf war, they did pretty good.

Bump
udonmap.com

Post by Bump » November 18, 2005, 6:49 pm

ray23 wrote:
allen wrote:Having been here in the desert for the last couple of years my advise is
Well lets hope so bought 1.6 milliom last year in Kuwait, not even thinking about return for at least five years.

They just need to stop killing eachother and pump some oil. Knew it was a risk when I did it, my life won't end if it doesn't do well.

It was intersting talking to some of the guys who purchased Kuwait currency durng the first gulf war, they did pretty good.
Thought I better add a little something don't buy anything based on my opinnion do your own research. As far as I can tell this is a huge risk, I would have never ventured money in this I couldn't afford to lose.

The money I have tied up in this is less then I took for a gambling vacation to Vegas, just about one days funding.

Believe it our not it has went up a bit more then my purchase price but just a bit in one year.

Time will tell if it will be a loss or gain, but I don't believe you will be happy if you think it is going to happen over night. It's not, long ways to go but a lot an change in five years.

I did read some threads of the sites given one site is basically you got to be out of yor mind :lol:

The other seemed to be a forum for this now that was a surprise and a lot of the posts sounded like some people have a lot of money tied up in this, now that would be scary.

I doubt that that srerius investors are involved in this, I'm not one. I'm know there are a lot of guys out there who know what they are doing I'm not one of them

allen
udonmap.com

Post by allen » November 18, 2005, 7:19 pm

Ray, I agree with you that it is a long term investment and also like I said
if you can afford it. We all know nearly any investment is a gamble. I too
bought some in Kuwait last year and some in country this year but now
it is difficult to get it out. I merely meant that it looks promising for the
future.
By the way, what part of Kuwait were you in?

Bump
udonmap.com

Post by Bump » November 18, 2005, 8:16 pm

allen wrote:Ray, I agree with you that it is a long term investment and also like I said
if you can afford it. We all know nearly any investment is a gamble. I too
bought some in Kuwait last year and some in country this year but now
it is difficult to get it out. I merely meant that it looks promising for the
future.
By the way, what part of Kuwait were you in?
I was working for ITT at the base just outside Kuwait City, can't even recall the name of it now. Must be one heck of a mental block on that one. It was defiently an imnterseting experrience as was Kuwait. I stooped complaing about Thailand drivers after that one. I just did a short stint to see what it was like since I already had a retirement.

We had guys who had worked in the region for over ten years and just loved it. I'm afraid I had been spoiled by Thailand and really didn't care for it much. The real advantage I could see is almost zero living expenses. I was actually making better money in Ameria in my field, but I didn't have 5K in expenses every month there. So I put some cash in the pockjets not all bad.

ctm
udonmap.com

Post by ctm » November 18, 2005, 10:31 pm

Interesting idea. Kind of like playing the lottery but with better odds. Something to think about.

Anyone have a guess on the honesty of the dinar sellers? Will they really deliver the notes? To Thailand?

allen
udonmap.com

Post by allen » November 18, 2005, 10:55 pm

Ray, you were probably at Arifjan if you were with ITT. And the driving there was a real experience, 40 on a Friday night, like a demolition derby.
CT, there are alot of sites now that are selling ID, some good, some not.
Make sure they will guaratee it. Also I advise everyone to look at the
website for the central bank of Iraq. They have detailed pictures of the notes so you can tell what you get.
This is not a forsure thing but it looks promising, as always do your homework. Only invest what you can afford to loose and you will be OK.

BangkokButcher
udonmap.com

Post by BangkokButcher » November 19, 2005, 2:02 am

Some very interesting and valid replies there gents, but I suppose the most important is this one
Only invest what you can afford to loose and you will be OK
Thanks for your thoughts :)

Bump
udonmap.com

Post by Bump » November 19, 2005, 11:12 am

allen wrote:Ray, you were probably at Arifjan if you were with ITT. And the driving there was a real experience, 40 on a Friday night, like a demolition derby.
CT, there are alot of sites now that are selling ID, some good, some not.
Make sure they will guaratee it. Also I advise everyone to look at the
website for the central bank of Iraq. They have detailed pictures of the notes so you can tell what you get.
This is not a forsure thing but it looks promising, as always do your homework. Only invest what you can afford to loose and you will be OK.
Yep that is the one on the surge contract, now I understand they are on the permaneant contract and thing are very different. I worked in Security and I don't think any of the guys who worked there when I was there are employed now. some went to other jobs at the post others just went.

I hard to understand on 40 you can be going a 100MPH have guy blink his lights for you to get out the way and if you don't he will try his best to put into the center divider. The guys used to say that Allah will take care of them but we are on our own :lol:

Return to “House & Land”