Promotion Coupons at Tesco Lotus

General Udon Thani topics only!
Naam Jai
udonmap.com

Promotion Coupons at Tesco Lotus

Post by Naam Jai » November 13, 2007, 9:37 pm

Ever though if an expat had won?
I asked Tesco the question.
NO! but hey did confirn that a Ms Mashit Monga won at Pathumthani in June. One out of Ten for a big prize.
I said it was not good enough. Expats are big spenders and deserve better.

Would you like to comment on the draw? Ask if an expat is present? Published results in English and Thai would be a start.?

[email protected] should be inundated with emails.Copies to the this forum thread please.

Of course you could just consider filling the coupons out a waste of time. But that plays into their hands!

bamakmak
udonmap.com

Post by bamakmak » November 14, 2007, 12:35 am

What percentage of the shoppers at Tesco are farang? Of that, how many take the time to fill out the coupon information compared to the Thai shoppers? Based on personal observation and experience, I am sure the percentage of farang submissions are a tiny fraction of the Thai submissions.

Your assumption that Tesco is somehow cheating the farang is baseless and more than a bit paranoid.

Sugarfree
udonmap.com

Post by Sugarfree » November 14, 2007, 3:28 am

Just because you are paranoid, does not mean they are not out to get you!

:D

Naam Jai
udonmap.com

Post by Naam Jai » November 14, 2007, 5:09 am

No expat in Issan has ever won a promotion coupon prize. No I am no paranoid, just cynical. How many expats are there? Any advance on 12000 in the North East?
How many do not shop at Tesco is a valid question.

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » November 14, 2007, 6:23 am

I am a cynic but in this case,I agree with bamakmak!Very few falangs fill out the entry forms.The Thais swarm all over ''free'' or promotions!

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » November 14, 2007, 7:38 am

Naam Jai wrote:. How many expats are there? Any advance on 12000 in the North East?
i read on a Thai web-site and these are not my words..."30,000 foreigners permanently residing in Udon Thani"... can't be right though can it. ?

as for promotions, who really wants another stand-up Fan anyway. :-s
Can You Dig It Dug.?

aznyron
udonmap.com

Post by aznyron » November 14, 2007, 9:24 am

I shop tesco and my wife fills out the coupons in her name in thai lang. if what you say is true have your wife or G/F fill it out. Nothing in this screwed up world would surprise me any more.
on the same note is the drawing in public if so how could they cheat a farang if he won the car
I am just asking I have no comment on the subject

Naam Jai
udonmap.com

Post by Naam Jai » November 14, 2007, 10:37 am

Does anyone know of or seen the draw at Udon Tesco. Nothing is in English,but I will ask Tesco to be transparent,traceable and so more fair with their promotions.

wokkawombat
udonmap.com
Location: Udon/Noosa Australia. "One crowded hour of glorious life is worth an age without a name".

Post by wokkawombat » November 14, 2007, 12:23 pm

Naam Jai, if your Thai partner entered a Tesco promotion in Britain would you expect the conditions etc to be written in Thai and be completely transparent to a Thai person????
Gurgle, Gurgle...

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » November 14, 2007, 12:23 pm

Naam Jai wrote:Does anyone know of or seen the draw at Udon Tesco. Nothing is in English,but I will ask Tesco to be transparent,traceable and so more fair with their promotions.
one of the draw backs about living in a foreign country, best bet would be to let the TW/TG/TB fill out the little coupons, Good luck with it all. ;)
Can You Dig It Dug.?

cookie
udonmap.com

Post by cookie » November 14, 2007, 1:33 pm

Story not 100% related:
About 6 years ago I bought all my electrical machines in one big shop in Korat:
TV, fridge, aircon, dvd, hot water heater,.....
One week later they called on the local radio that Mister X, living in appartment Y in Korat had won a free vacuum cleaner.
Thai people that I never met, came knocking on my door:
Mister, mister, did you buy electrical machines in that shop??? Yes,
Mister, Mister, you are one the radio: you won a Toyota tiger pick up
:shock: :shock: :shock:
I run to the shop.
I won a vacuum cleaner. My neighbours were wrong.
Ok, I didn't got the pick up.
Still, I won a vacuum cleaner.
The only thing I filled in was the paper with my address so that they could deliver the machines to the apartment. I even never knew that there was a lottery.
When I picked up the vacuum cleaner, they even took pictures and put me in the local newspaper.
Ok, this is not tesco Lotus, but still it shows that farangs can also win.
No need to be paranoia.
Sometimes lucky, sometimes not....that's life.. :lol:

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » November 14, 2007, 2:44 pm

great story cookie now if only you won the Toyota you really would have 'cleaned up',... there you go naam jai there is hope.
Can You Dig It Dug.?

Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Paul » November 18, 2007, 11:08 pm

wokkawombat wrote:Naam Jai, if your Thai partner entered a Tesco promotion in Britain would you expect the conditions etc to be written in Thai and be completely transparent to a Thai person????
And how many Thai people in Britain (or wherever) do you hear of winning prizes ?? in our hometowns stores when they have promotions.

rickfarang
udonmap.com

Post by rickfarang » November 19, 2007, 1:20 am

Funny, but this OP make me realize that when I shop at Tesco, I am only intermittently given coupons for their silly drawing (I always write in my wife's name and phone number), but when I go there with my wife, they ALWAYS give the coupons. This implies that in the eyes of some of the esteemed cashiers at Tesco, foreigners are not worthy (Yes, this disturbs me a bit).

Don't be so sensitive. Would you really change your shopping habits because of some silly lottery? It seems that this promotion is clearly aimed at the local natives , and hey-the prizes aren't really all that important to you, are they???

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » November 19, 2007, 3:06 pm

Except the new house on offer at Big C my last couple of visits, but I never get the Tickets offered to me, only my Wife. I'm cool with that 8)

dill
udonmap.com

Post by dill » November 20, 2007, 3:48 pm

i found tesco lotus more expensive than the other shopping cetres around udon mainly because i have bought a few items from there and after i have bought them, i have seen them else where and i notice them to be cheaper.

Naam Jai
udonmap.com

Post by Naam Jai » November 20, 2007, 5:16 pm

Dill
I agree but some things are cheaper. Makro has cheaper products but you must buy in quantity. Promotion goods are comparable. Please tell us where you thinK it cheaper to shop?

papaguido
udonmap.com

Post by papaguido » November 20, 2007, 6:52 pm

We usually shop at a market run by a Chinese-Thai family the name sounds something like Nee Soon. We've find the prices there lower than both Tesco & Big C. But they're limited on some items like milk, meats and produce. I found black olives there for 64bt a can. The only other place that I know that carry them is at Expat market in Nong Khai for 120bt a jar. Also, a fairly good selection of spices. It's a small shop, but next month they will be opening a much larger place just outside the ring road on the road going to Nong Bua Lamphu. Nee Soon is located on Phosi Rd (grid J-11).

aku
udonmap.com

Post by aku » November 20, 2007, 8:38 pm

Papaguido...just to let you know....if you need or want anything ask for Gope..he is th son of the owners....he was educated at ASU speaks perfect english and is most helpful .....also his sister was educated there and speaks perfect english. Anyway, they have always been very helpful and will go out of their way to accommodate you. As you mentioned they will be opening a new and larger store next month.

papaguido
udonmap.com

Post by papaguido » November 20, 2007, 8:45 pm

aku wrote:Papaguido...just to let you know....if you need or want anything ask for Gope..he is th son of the owners....he was educated at ASU speaks perfect english and is most helpful .....also his sister was educated there and speaks perfect english. Anyway, they have always been very helpful and will go out of their way to accommodate you. As you mentioned they will be opening a new and larger store next month.
Thanks, I was hoping you chimed in. I remember our conversation about Nee Soon last month. BTW do you know if they're keeping the original market open when the new opens.

P.S. I also heard you're a guest speaker at the grand opening... :D

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”