Jingjoes Apartments & Bar

Get advice on hotels, guest houses, rentals and house sales in Udon Thani.
lee
udonmap.com

Post by lee » January 3, 2007, 2:28 pm

Rooms: 10

Telephone: 042-223442 - 07-0526470 - 06-7165235

Address: 321/1 Soi Srisoonthorn Nittayo Road opposite Phosi Post Office and NB Hotel

Price: From 3,500 per month

Webpage: http://www.udonmap.com/jingjoes

Facilities: Bar, restaurant, motorbike rental, fully furnished apartments

Map Ref: R16

Distance from shopping complex: 3km

ttom
udonmap.com

Highly recommended: Jingjoes Apartments & Bar

Post by ttom » January 4, 2007, 6:14 pm

Jingjoes Apartments & Bar is a very good place to stay.

Khun Tik and her team do make you fee like home. There are very friendly and helpful in order to make your stay a pleasant one.

All rooms are spacious, well furnished and clean. ADSL Internet is available and usually running nicely. The room rates are very affordable; charge for consumption of electricity and water is, unlike other places, indeed moderate.

Bar & restaurant offers well balanced choice of home made Thai and foreign food and drinks at very competitive prices.

Laundry service is inexpensive and effective. There is also a small mini-mart.

The city centre is very easy accessible and Big C is just a couple of hundred meters away.

I

Sugarfree
udonmap.com

Post by Sugarfree » October 28, 2007, 2:27 am

I have located Jingjoes on the Udon Map and I am wondering how much it would cost to take a tuk tuk to the Charonesri Shopping Complex? And also the cost to take a taxi from the airport to Jingjoes? How is transportation in general from Jingjoes?

docta
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by docta » October 28, 2007, 7:56 am

For all reading this post.

JingJoes is a clean & friendly place, with a new comfortable dinning area.
JingJoes is tucked away from the hustle and bustle of central down town Udon yet only minutes to all the major shopping areas.
Robert, the man in charge and the guys that live at and frequent JingJoes are good easy going guys, friendly and easy to talk with.
Robert prepares all the home cooked meals, from great hamburgers to full course meals using only the best varieties of imported Aussie meats.
For those who missed out on the big T-bone steak with all he trimmings feast on Sat Oct 27th missed out on possibly the best home cooked meal I've had in Udon in the last five years.
Nothing was spared, with Robert being his attentive self made sure everyone was full to their necks with his delicious steak dinner including home made apple pie, etc...
I give JingJoes the big thumbs up.
Better get over there and check things out for yourself.

Quik-Fire Doc

wokkawombat
udonmap.com
Location: Udon/Noosa Australia. "One crowded hour of glorious life is worth an age without a name".

Post by wokkawombat » October 28, 2007, 9:52 am

I agree with Dokta, the T bone steak was magnificent and cooked to perfection. Well done Robert. :D
Gurgle, Gurgle...

Sport
udonmap.com

Post by Sport » October 28, 2007, 5:05 pm

Sugarfree. Tuk Tuk from Complex (Charonesri) to Jingjoes cost 40-60B.

From Jingjoes to airport by car inc driver 150B.

And thankyou to people who came for dinner last night including Docta, Mr & Mrs Wokka and others. Nice words from Docta.

We hope INDIAN appetiser food, tandoori chicken and rice mattar pilau was to your liking. We might have a night just for Indian food shortly, some of Jingjoes tennants now want some Indian food, just a few different dish.

Tik.

wokkawombat
udonmap.com
Location: Udon/Noosa Australia. "One crowded hour of glorious life is worth an age without a name".

Post by wokkawombat » October 29, 2007, 2:54 pm

tik54 wrote:
And thankyou to people who came for dinner last night including Docta, Mr & Mrs Wokka and others. Nice words from Docta.

Tik.

Tik, I know I may have been a bit close to the San Mig girls and your bar staff but who is Mrs Wokka?????. Do you know something that I don't?.

:D

John

docta
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by docta » October 29, 2007, 5:38 pm

Hey Robert,
I'm starvin' for another JingJoes Aussie Steak night feast, already!!!
You know, maybe having twice monthly Aussie steak night feasts on set dates, like the 2nd & 4 Tues every month, might not be a bad idea.
God knows we sure could use a delicious & manly home cooked Aussie steak night feast around here, at least twice a month, with those delicious melt in your mouth Aussie sausages, and mashed potatoes, of course.
You might get pretty famous putting on the best steak night in Udon on a regular basis.
Maybe I'm just hungry and thinkin' about the little San Mig beauty in the red dress.
What a combo...
I'm already telling my bud's about it, and their rarin' to go...
Linking with a few web-site bud's, along with udonmap advertising the feast wouldn't hurt. I'd do it.
Just something to think about.
See you soon.
Quik-Fire Doc

Very Happys

Sport
udonmap.com

Post by Sport » October 31, 2007, 11:40 am

Sorry Mr Wokka, case mistaken identity. San Mig girl was cute, wasnt she.

Thankyou Dokta, we are seriously considering your suggestion the steak nights.

Just like to let you know that on Sunday Nov 4, between 6pm and 9pm we will have INDIAN food night. We are not Indian, but are willing to give it a go. There will be beef, chicken and rice dishes.

Thankyou
Tik.

carpy

Post by carpy » November 4, 2007, 9:53 am

Jingjoes was having an Indian food night tonight (Sunday 4 Nov). I have been informed that this cannot happen tonight, so it will be a later date.

Yesterday (Sat), the staff got run off their feet a bit and did not have time to prepare the marinades etc for tonight.

They wish to apologize to anyone that intended to attend and will let you know when it will happen for sure.

Carpy.

docta
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by docta » December 15, 2007, 9:40 pm

Hey Robert,
When are you going to have another big steak feast, same as before.
We're all waitin'
Best steak feast in Udon!!!!!!!

Robtaff
udonmap.com

Post by Robtaff » January 7, 2008, 6:44 am

Looks a very nice place and the reviews on this thread are certainly a high recommendation.
I am visiting Udon from April - how long for is still undecided but at the very least 20 days but more likely a few months.
Is April a busy time?

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » January 7, 2008, 9:06 am

Songkran.....wet, you'l find out soon enough :D

Robtaff
udonmap.com

Post by Robtaff » January 9, 2008, 8:37 am

Aardvark wrote:Songkran.....wet, you'l find out soon enough :D
:lol: Haha Yes my cousin said it is the New Year celebrations and everyone gets wet.

I was wondering why plane prices had jumped up alarmingly. :lol:

PopsIcafe
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by PopsIcafe » January 9, 2008, 12:18 pm

IMO, Songkhron is the best time to visit Thailand.......and Udon Thani even added a food festival in with it so it's a week long of great Isaan food and getting wet!!!!!

Pop's :pirate:

papaguido
udonmap.com

Post by papaguido » January 9, 2008, 1:30 pm

Pop-pop's Net and Games wrote:IMO, Songkhron is the best time to visit Thailand.......and Udon Thani even added a food festival in with it so it's a week long of great Isaan food and getting wet!!!!!

Pop's :pirate:
Oh come on Cliff, it's the only time of the year you can powder the girls and get away with it :D

murray

Post by murray » January 30, 2008, 3:10 pm

Spent 2 nights at Jingjoes a few weeks ago and can't speak highly enough of the place. Two of us were on a bike trip from Phnom Penh to Vientianne to Pattaya and back to Phnom Penh. Good rooms, good prices, friendly staff and local expats.

Supplying the both of us with a couple of Aussie style sandwiches wrapped in foil as we checked out was greatly appreciated, and made for a great lunch.
My mate, who was on Holidays from Aus reckons he'll be back around July, me I'm a bit more tied down here in Phnom Penh but will get back at some stage.

Cheers Murray.

docta
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by docta » February 20, 2008, 11:23 am

Well, another great free feast put on by the guys and gals at JingJoes for little
Ryan, Carpy's son.
Delicious Roast pork, Roast beef, potatoes, gravy, boiled cabbage, etc, etc...
And, home made apple pie for desert.
JingJoes was packed with family, regulars, and friends all bearing beautifully wrapped gifts for little Ryan.
Little Ryan and all his little friends had eyes as big as silver dollars seeing all the wrapped gifts, a joyous occasion for all.
Everyone left JingJoes with full bellies and big smiles.
A happy and fulfilling evening, as usual.
Fortunately, the Khon Kaen freeloaders mentioned in one post didn't drive up for the free food:)

Sugarfree
udonmap.com

Post by Sugarfree » March 29, 2008, 5:20 am

I can recommend Jingjoes Apartments & Bar 110%. Before I came I was asking about how much a Tuk Tuk would cost down town, but stayed there for 5 days without actually ever leaving the place! The expats where great. I felt a little guilty when I left because there was a tab on my name, which Mr. LSD opened without my consent and promised to pay, and I hope he did. If not I will clean it up on my next trip. And when I say trip I mean it in the usual, ordinary, sense. :D

Sugarfree
udonmap.com

Post by Sugarfree » March 29, 2008, 5:39 am

p.s.

To prevent any misunderstanding the nickname Mr. LSD has nothing to do with the illegal substance by the same name. The guy was just so far out, in a good and comical way, that he gives the word "tripping" a new meaning. :lol:

Return to “Udon Thani Accommodation”