The Udonmap.com Forumites Monthly Meetings - 2006

Monthly meetings, organizations, important dates to remember etc.
Paul
udonmap.com

The Udonmap.com Forumites Monthly Meetings - 2006

Post by Paul » January 2, 2006, 12:03 pm

Here it is - the new heading to start a new page for 2006 with all the info. about the Monthly Meetings. 30 pages was getting a bit much on the old pages and those posts will be locked in a few days time.

The members of the Forum get together once a month (sometimes twice but usually just once) to meet up - have a beer and a laugh and chat about what is happening locally and on the Forum and is a great chance to meet the people you have been corresponding with and put a face to the name. its all very civilised (usually) and anyone at all is welcome, resident or visitor - just turn up!

The next - and first meeting of 2006 is due to take place this Saturday, 7th January.
I am suggesting a starting point of the Horseshoe Bar in town, not only to test their newly introduced 10% discount for Forum Members, and to have a few free nibbles, but also as a collection drop off point for any donations (monetary or materialistic) for the school I am trying to help currently (as posted under 'Appeal' in the heading general topics) http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/v ... .php?t=744

If there are no violent objections can we class this as a 'go' and for anyone new to the meetings or the forum - The horseshoe bar is just round the corner from the Charoensi Shopping Mall. head down towards the lights, past the flower stalls, take a right turn and 100 meteres down that road are 3 expat bars - the Horseshoe Bar is the last of the 3.

Usually start about 8pm but people come and go all night - come whenever you want.

see you all there

Paul 8)

valentine

Post by valentine » January 2, 2006, 12:30 pm

Paul, at the last meet, Lee mentioned about someone sciving off without paying bill. did it get sorted? As I would hate to think those poor girls would be having their meagre salary cut.

Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Paul » January 2, 2006, 12:36 pm

I believe the matter is now resolved- thanks.

Paul

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » January 2, 2006, 1:20 pm

horshoe at 8 ish, sounds like a winner. already have the cheap a** room booked a walk away, did that last time, planning is everything. see you all there.

Cliff? if not, ill have to bring a Stones cd, "under my thumb."

valentine

Post by valentine » January 2, 2006, 1:39 pm

Oh Dear LA, whats the saying" The best laid plans of mice & men"?
I would ease up on Cliff, he might have the last laugh :lol: If the young lady is still the same one, you might not have a thumb print but I think she will have you eating out of her hand :wink: :lol:

Paul
udonmap.com

Reminder - meeting tonight

Post by Paul » January 7, 2006, 9:12 am

Don't forget Ladies and Gents, tonight is the January gathering of the Forumites (Saturday 7th January) Kick off about 8pm in the Horseshoe Bar

As I am sure you all know by now, I am trying to help one of the local schools in Udon and for those who haven't yet chipped in, feel free to bring along a donation tonight where it will be gently eased from your grasp - in exchange for a beer :)

I am incredibly grateful to all those who have given already and will thank you all tonight in person - I might even get the beers in (I said 'might') LOL

See you all tonight - and don't forget to claim your 10% discount as members of the Udonmap Forum.

Regards
Paul

valentine

Post by valentine » January 7, 2006, 9:40 am

Well if LA's going to be at the Horseshoe bar, I might just sneak down to the night market first. :wink: :lol: :o

Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Paul » January 7, 2006, 10:03 am

Stall number 20 by any chance?????

Seems they are bonded now with superglue so you might be wasting your time Val :)

valentine

Post by valentine » January 7, 2006, 11:50 am

Paul wrote:Stall number 20 by any chance?????

Seems they are bonded now with superglue so you might be wasting your time Val :)
Time I have in abudance, its money I'm short of., but what I lack in cash, I make up for in charm :P :lol:
Who knows if I put my best suit on it might work for me :wink:

Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Paul » January 7, 2006, 4:14 pm

Well you will have to explain to your wife too why you are painting your toe nails too !

Mind boggling - but his secret obviously works !!!!!

Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Paul » January 8, 2006, 1:07 pm

Well it works ! Lay off the beer Chang and as if by magic - no hangover the following day :) That stuff should come with a hangover warning on each bottle !!!

As most are aware we had the first Forumites meeting of 2006 last night - and I am pleased to say it was the best attended meeting ever - it was standing room only !
In my intoxicated state late last night - those of us who were left, tried to compile a list of those who were there because there were just too many to remember. Here goes (apologies if we have left you off and double apologies if we have put you there when you were at home with your feet up)
A suprise appearance by Galee kicked the evening off and he joined Val whislt he was munching good old fashioned pie and chips! LA and his friend Greg turned up and of course Lee. Jingjai was there and brought with him a bag of books and pens for the kids school (many thanks), there was AJ, Richard and Cliff (pop pops)who seemed to have been allowed out all on his own - you must have been a good boy Cliff. Ray (23) was welcomed to what I think is his first meeting Arjay was there, myself of course and then there were about half a dozen wives and girlfriends.

The newly introduced 10% discount cards were issued to everyone there and Cliff thought if he had two he would get double the discount - nice try !

I thought it was a very successful meet with plenty of mingling going on and I think (hope) I got to say hello to everyone (in between frequent trips to the beer fridge)

One wonders if valentine really did paint his toe nails in the hope of pulling a late Christmas Cracker, but we will never know as he left his socks on ! LA came out of the closet again and openly admitted to kissing someone of the same sex (however as we don't know which way he is swinging at the moment - its hard to know whether to be disgusted or exited :) LOL
Rather worrying though when he bought me a rose _ hmmmmm.
It was about 1245 when the last ones remembered they have a home to go to - although the couple with staying power went to continue the night at Mr Tongs (how was it LA ?)

All in all it was a good and pleasant evening, more-so because we have all got used to one another and I would hope have become friends. I hope everyone felt welcome and comfortable and even knowing how much you missed the tiger girls at the night market - there was just no way I was putting that dress on !

Much more fun in the privacy of your own home LOL :)

Finally thanks to those last night who helped with the school appeal - you know who you are and I appreciate your efforts immensely. You are good people :)

Next meet pencilled in for February 4th (Saturday)

Hope to see you all there

Paul

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » January 8, 2006, 1:41 pm

Paul, May I say I enjoyed last night's Forumites meeting at the Horseshoe bar. The venue was much more appropriate because it enabled people to move around and meet other people, as opposed to the rather fixed seating arrangements of the beer garden. I succeeded in meeting and getting to know many more people last night.

Richard
Last edited by arjay on January 8, 2006, 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lee
udonmap.com

Post by lee » January 8, 2006, 1:45 pm

A great turn out last night, nice atmosphere and good time had by all. A great start for the New Year.

See you all next time.

lee

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » January 8, 2006, 2:18 pm

Hi to everyone I chatted to last night and I apologise to anyone I didn't get to talk too.

Had a great time last night. Nice to put faces to names at last.

Horseshoe is a nice bar, but I think I must be getting too old, I found the sound system was so loud it make talking difficult.

So if in my slightly intoxicated state someone said something to me and I ingnored you, it wasn't intentionally. I just didn't hear you. lol.

Al the best,

Gary

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » January 8, 2006, 8:20 pm

agree with all, an excellent night out, and Paul, excellent job organizing this one up. also a fine job on the school charity thing, hats off, lol, and pat on the back as mention on other thread, first real chance i had to comment on your effort and everyone else's participation, hats off to all.

mr tongs, not my favorit place but lively as usually, greg had his new friend with him, a cutie, and Ree (#20, lol) made it over a couple minutes after me, topping my night off. gal works too much. good thing you weren't there paul, some more mental scarring, i danced, but just a short one, as not wanting to be evicted.

our relationship is over, use me for my flowers, de-budded or flowered is the expression i think, then give to a lass as i walk away, hurt, back to therapy. my friend greg, a mere 21, first time out of country was most impresssed with night and his whole experience so far, another farang hooked at first bite.

nice meeting new faces, as always, hope to meet up again. after my 3 day binge with my friend, i think my next drinking night will be next meeting. also switched to heinys, as the headaches started getting to me also.

BangkokButcher
udonmap.com

Post by BangkokButcher » January 9, 2006, 2:23 am

Getting better by the month, keep em coming guys :)

Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Paul » January 9, 2006, 10:06 am

laphanphon wrote:agree with all, an excellent night out, and Paul, excellent job organizing this one up. also a fine job on the school charity thing, hats off, lol, and pat on the back as mention on other thread, first real chance i had to comment on your effort and everyone else's participation, hats off to all.
You had to go there didn't you ? Thanks mate!
Hat - what hat?

laphanphon wrote: Ree (#20, lol) made it over a couple minutes after me, topping my night off. gal works too much. good thing you weren't there paul, some more mental scarring,
Do I hate you for it - wow you bet I do - I'm gonna paint my toe nails green too !

laphanphon wrote: our relationship is over, use me for my flowers, de-budded or flowered is the expression i think, then give to a lass as i walk away, hurt, back to therapy. my friend greg, a mere 21, first time out of country was most impresssed with night and his whole experience so far, another farang hooked at first bite.

I had to read this one a few times - as at first I thought No20 was history, and then it clicked into place - Just because you bought me a flower you know - it doesn't mean that you own me - and if you thought it was a way to take me home that night - well I am sorry but I don't do gorillas ! LOL
It was a good move to give it on to the next person though and brightened up her otherwise dull evening sat outside all night while there was a room full of people inside enjoying themself - I am too nice for my own good sometimes :)

Seems like everyone had a nice evening anyway and hopefully the next will be just as busy?

Regards
Paul

aj
udonmap.com

Post by aj » January 9, 2006, 11:52 am

I enjoyed meeting those I did manage to talk to on friday and be attending whenever I can , Liked the venue ,is it the same for the 4th feb?

lee
udonmap.com

Post by lee » January 9, 2006, 12:38 pm

Lee. Glad to see the surgery went well!
I'm pleased you like it, beats painted toenails and large thumb prints any day LOL.

Lee

iciodaverona
udonmap.com

A little question

Post by iciodaverona » January 10, 2006, 3:46 am

Dear Forum members, as i think to be in Udon Thani end of next July/beginning of August, can you answer a little question about forum meetings?

If i wish to be there, do i have to come alone or can i be there with my girlfriend?

Thank you for answers and ... see you next summer (i hope).

Icio from Verona - Italy.
"sii montagna nella tempesta, non spiga di grano nella brezza"

Return to “Notice Board”