Will Trump make the Grade.

General off-topic debates and discussions forum.
Lone Star
udonmap.com

Re: Will Trump make the Grade.

Post by Lone Star » August 13, 2018, 9:11 am

Even one of Obama's advisors on the economy, Jason Furman, has come out praising the GDP growth. He even went so far as to say that the economy is even stronger than it looks.
Big surprise: the underlying data for Q2 is even better than the headline 4.1% annual GDP growth rate.

Volatile NX added 1.1 but volatile inventories SUBTRACTED 1.0. All in consumption plus fixed investment up 4.3%.
In other words, there is underlying data that indicates things are much better than the 4.1% number.

There is a component in all of this called "final sales to private domestic purchasers" that measures the private sector. That number rose 4.3% in the second quarter, which was up a full 2.3% from the previous quarter. This component eliminates inventories, trade and government spending in order to look at raw private sector production and consumption.

The consumer spending data shows a sharp increase in the second quarter, which is usually closely connected to higher consumer confidence where there is very low unemployment and working Americans with more discretionary income as a result of the tax cuts.

Even to some of Obama's guys ...

WINNING is WINNING.
Free Speech allows us all to separate the childish ones from those with a sincere interest.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » August 13, 2018, 9:34 am

Rock on ...it must be correct if Obees guy says so......if the numbers are right this is one small step for man one giant step for mankind ( i just made that up rather like it )

LS .. keep it up i love your very informative Trump postings

WINNING is indeed WINNING !!

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » August 14, 2018, 8:05 am

US Military Funding Signed Into Law

Ft.Drum, New York was the scene of Trump's signing of the bill fully funding military operations for the coming year. Trump quoted Gen. George Patton during the signing:
“I don’t want to get any messages saying, ‘I am holding my position.’ We are not holding a damned thing … we are advancing constantly.”

The new spending will increase troop strength by 15,600 and fund seventy-seven F-35 fighter jets and 13 new battleships.

A continuation of Reagan's philosophy of "Peace through Strength."

WINNING is WINNING.
Free Speech allows us all to separate the childish ones from those with a sincere interest.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » August 14, 2018, 10:17 am

to me its merely feeding the beast of the military-industrial complex.. The entire procurement system needs up-ending. Too many sole source or combined defense contractors have the government by the short and curlies.. Too many top Defense officials and Generals moving on to their post-retirement jobs within the Defense industry... The U.S. is and will be for the near term (10-15 years) the predominant military power on the globe.. Do we really need to spend 700 billion plus?
Dave

the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » August 14, 2018, 11:09 am

Lone Star wrote:
August 14, 2018, 8:05 am

A philosophy of "Peace through Strength."
Yess indeed Mr LS, as proven so effective by the North Korean regime, the USA war MACHINE did not dare attacking the Kim s army knowing very well that the consequences could be devastating for the USA..

Yess Mr LS , the USA WARmongers did not even lift a little finger to oppose Russia annexing territories. again fearing the Russian response..

Let s hope that CHINA will arm itself to the teeth and by doing so give us a real sense of PEACE...
Good thinking Mr LS..

Why did we have '' peace "" for the last 70 years ? the mutual destruction theory, .. The deterrent philosophy ...
Today all sides have more than enough arms to end the human race... Why spend another 700 billions ?
USD 700 billions, half of it going to corruption,...worse than here.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » August 14, 2018, 1:59 pm

Well if they spend another 700 billion, then there is less left for medicare, social security and any other social benefits. In fact they will have to cut them...makes sense.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » August 14, 2018, 7:24 pm

Couldn't agree more with POTUS on this one, it's getting out of hand.
Attachments
IMG_0326.PNG
“Freedom of speech was never free, thousands of people paid for that freedom with their lives" Activist Tommy Robinson 2018.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » August 14, 2018, 7:45 pm

Not good, my thoughts and prayers with those injured. But in perspective over 100 people are killed everyday in car accidents in the US.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » August 14, 2018, 8:27 pm

So that makes it okay eh NTVL? Accidents are one thing, deliberate attacks against civilians and democracy are another, sorry I forgot, Canada and Trudeau are firm supporters of Islam, let's see where that gets you.
“Freedom of speech was never free, thousands of people paid for that freedom with their lives" Activist Tommy Robinson 2018.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 14, 2018, 10:01 pm

vincemunday wrote:
August 14, 2018, 7:24 pm
One London resident remarked on POTUS's knee-jerk twittering:

'Oh what a helpful contribution at this difficult time for us," said no Londoner ever.

The latest on the 'terrorist' driver is he was know to his local (West Midlands) police but a nobody as far as the security services are concerned.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 14, 2018, 10:03 pm

vincemunday wrote:
August 14, 2018, 7:24 pm
One London resident remarked on POTUS's knee-jerk twittering:

'Oh what a helpful contribution at this difficult time for us," said no Londoner ever.'

The latest on the 'terrorist' driver is he was know to his local (West Midlands) police but a nobody as far as the security services are concerned.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » August 14, 2018, 10:17 pm

You're way out of touch Tamada, most Londoners/English are sick to death of the capitulation to this cult and will firmly agree with what Trump is saying and since when does it matter if a terrorist is known to anyone? What a completely ludicrous argument, fortunately his efforts came to very little, no one died and let's hope he's done enough to get deported back to whatever hole he's from, he's obviously missing his wonderful society and yearns to live among like minded people, let's hope the government find the spine to help him, after he's served a very, very long prison sentence of course.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 14, 2018, 10:48 pm

vincemunday wrote:
August 14, 2018, 10:17 pm
You're way out of touch Tamada, most Londoners/English are sick to death of the capitulation to this cult and will firmly agree with what Trump is saying and since when does it matter if a terrorist is known to anyone? What a completely ludicrous argument, fortunately his efforts came to very little, no one died and let's hope he's done enough to get deported back to whatever hole he's from, he's obviously missing his wonderful society and yearns to live among like minded people, let's hope the government find the spine to help him, after he's served a very, very long prison sentence of course.
I was actually quoting a Londoner that spoke to The Independent. I just happen to agree that Trump's tuppence worth isn't very helpful at all.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/h ... 90631.html

I guess once the Met have done with him, this bad driver will indeed be sent back... all the way to Droitwich or Sparkbrook.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » August 14, 2018, 11:06 pm

Ah the Independent, a very sensible read that's up there with the Guardian, I see where you're coming from now Tamada lol. You and the person quoted are way, way off the mark, actually so am I, most Londoners/English want these people hung, particularly the paedophile gangs, sorry I mean grooming gangs as the Independent and Guardian like to call them, takes the edge off does "grooming", makes it sound like they're having their hair done eh! I'm a little more civilised, a prison sentence and deportation to Somalia or wherever he's originally from will suffice.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » August 15, 2018, 3:11 am

Trudeau is a weak, irresponsible leader.

My point was not to give these terrorists the undue press and attention they grave. And in my opinion if someone gets behind the wheel while under the influence, and then gets into an accident, it is also a deliberate act.

Return to “General Debates & Discussions”