Will Trump make the Grade.

User avatar
Lone Star
udonmap.com
Posts: 2678
Joined: June 26, 2014, 11:52 pm

Re: Will Trump make the Grade.

Post by Lone Star » January 14, 2019, 8:17 pm

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
January 14, 2019, 8:11 pm
Lone Star wrote:
January 13, 2019, 12:33 pm
49594242_10161987944560725_4114726193104683008_o.jpg


For years, I have asked Obama Worshippers to list his programs or policies that were of benefit to ALL Americans or supported by the majority of WORKING Americans. Still waiting. With Trump, there have been numerous ones, and they have all occurred within 2 years of taking office. America First.
The following article would appear to support your statement, and provide excellent analysis of other world issues as well:

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/conrad ... -the-world
I ran across that article about 3 hours ago and had planned to post it. Thanks, LYM!
"The American soldiers were proof that God exists, and they came down from the sky. They came down from Heaven."

User avatar
Giggle
udonmap.com
Posts: 741
Joined: October 18, 2016, 4:24 pm

Re: Will Trump make the Grade.

Post by Giggle » January 14, 2019, 9:13 pm

Excellent article by Conrad Black.

vlad
udonmap.com
Posts: 1400
Joined: July 23, 2008, 8:03 pm
Location: united kingdom.

Re: Will Trump make the Grade.

Post by vlad » January 15, 2019, 1:18 am

So when the Airports close and all the infrastructure closes because there not getting paid because trump has shut them down because they would not back him who will pay for the wall explain the comrade ?? or is it fake news.

User avatar
Lone Star
udonmap.com
Posts: 2678
Joined: June 26, 2014, 11:52 pm

Re: Will Trump make the Grade.

Post by Lone Star » January 15, 2019, 1:10 pm

20190115-125930.jpg

STEADY WINNING.
"The American soldiers were proof that God exists, and they came down from the sky. They came down from Heaven."

Doodoo
udonmap.com
Posts: 368
Joined: October 15, 2017, 8:47 pm

Re: Will Trump make the Grade.

Post by Doodoo » January 15, 2019, 1:32 pm

America's homeless population rises for the first time since the Great Recession
Exclusive: a new government study finds 553,742 people were homeless on a single night this year, as advocates lament a crisis that shows no sign of abating

Oooooppps

User avatar
papafarang
udonmap.com
Posts: 2217
Joined: August 2, 2013, 10:14 am

Re: Will Trump make the Grade.

Post by papafarang » January 15, 2019, 2:48 pm

Lone Star wrote:
January 15, 2019, 1:10 pm
20190115-125930.jpg


STEADY WINNING.
vacancies , you can create as many vacancies as you like ...no people to fill them makes them pointless
the world is not my home, I'm just a passenger

Doodoo
udonmap.com
Posts: 368
Joined: October 15, 2017, 8:47 pm

Re: Will Trump make the Grade.

Post by Doodoo » January 15, 2019, 2:59 pm

Papafarang
And with no one to fill the jobs this is a Prime Indicator of a RECESSION to start if it already hasn't
This was an indicator is our last Recession


Another Loss

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 3028
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: down two... then left

Re: Will Trump make the Grade.

Post by tamada » January 15, 2019, 4:31 pm

Giggle wrote:
January 14, 2019, 9:13 pm
Excellent article by Conrad Black.
A lot of predictable CB hyperbole in there but I lost interest very early in the puff piece when he claimed,

Every U.S. president starting with Dwight Eisenhower has bewailed American dependence on foreign oil. Foreigners then supplied 10 per cent of America’s oil, a figure that rose to 60 per cent under president Obama, and no one has done anything about it, until the past two years, when oil production has been sharply increased and reliance on oil imports has been sharply cut, on its inexorable way to zero.

America's shale rock revolution started well before DJT and even before he announced any interest in becoming the chief bus driver in charge.

"... what enabled the (US) oil and gas industry to extract oil from shale rock over the past 7 years was higher prices. If it weren’t for higher oil prices, the capital investment needed in the oil and gas sector, wouldn’t have occurred, and US oil production would have continued to decline."
oil_price.jpg
Oil price 2000 - 2015
us_production.jpg
US Production 1986 - 2014
https://oilprice.com/Energy/Crude-Oil/T ... cking.html

User avatar
jackspratt
udonmap.com
Posts: 10070
Joined: July 2, 2006, 5:29 pm

Re: Will Trump make the Grade.

Post by jackspratt » January 15, 2019, 7:30 pm

tamada wrote:
January 15, 2019, 4:31 pm

A lot of predictable CB hyperbole in there but I lost interest very early in the puff piece when he claimed,
Given that USA oil production increased 74% during Obama's tenure, during which time the US also became to world's largest energy (crude oil + natural gas) producer, I think you can take Baron Black of Crossharbour's views as the bullshiggatory (is that the current term du jour) that it is.

Seems that some people on here are happy to claim the views of "the elites" when it fits their narrow political narrative.
Brigadier-General Spratt

User avatar
Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com
Posts: 5207
Joined: February 7, 2007, 9:12 am
Location: ຫຼວງພຣະບາງ, ວຽງຈັນ, ສະຫວັນນະເຂດ, ສ.ປ.ປ; ໂຕຮວນໂຕ (โทรอนโต), ແຄນາດາ (แคนาดา)

Re: Will Trump make the Grade.

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » January 15, 2019, 7:45 pm

For those people who actually believe that the Chinese economy will overtake the United States by 2025, you might want to think again,

https://business.financialpost.com/opin ... nas-losing
ເຮົາຈະລ່ວງພັ້ນຄວາມຕາຍໄປ່ບໍ່ໄດ

User avatar
Lone Star
udonmap.com
Posts: 2678
Joined: June 26, 2014, 11:52 pm

Re: Will Trump make the Grade.

Post by Lone Star » January 15, 2019, 8:01 pm

Doodoo wrote:
January 15, 2019, 1:32 pm
America's homeless population rises for the first time since the Great Recession
Exclusive: a new government study finds 553,742 people were homeless on a single night this year, as advocates lament a crisis that shows no sign of abating

Oooooppps
The same ones who snicker at thousands of jobs added every month and touting ridiculous excuses for the millions of jobs added in the last two years, preach doom over the homelessness of 0.17% (not even a quarter of 1%) of the population.

1. Statistical drivers of the US economy are not influenced by homelessness.

2. Every year, if there are better jobs available, people leave less-rewarding jobs for those better jobs. In Chattanooga, some guy leaving welding school while stocking shelves in the local supermarket, will get a better job at Volkswagen.

3. Every year, there are new citizens entering the workforce. Those new additions to the labor market fill those abandoned jobs and many others. Some guy in Chattanooga, who graduates from high school, will take that job stocking shelves in the supermarket that was abandoned by the guy who left for Volkswagen.

4. The same free enterprise system where millionaires come and go on an annual basis also reflects a similar dynamic of people rotating through, who are down on their luck. Some become homeless. Homelessness, like possessing great wealth, is not a permanent status.

5. Those people who experience never-ending homelessness usually remain in that status as a result of several personal factors that may or may not be of their making -- repeated poor choices, failure to take advantage of opportunities that would help lift them out of their situation, or they suffer some mental/physical handicap that keeps them in the cycle. Many of these people don't have the mobility or skills or awareness to be able to take a job anywhere. That's not BECAUSE TRUMP.

So take your silly 0.17% homeless stat and your never-ending GET TRUMP derangement syndrome and try to get a grip on the fact that LIFE AIN'T FAIR.

Some people will not achieve no matter what opportunities exist and no matter what is handed to them in charity. All anyone has to do is look at students in a university paying the same tuition for the same class in the same classroom and the same professor -- with different results.

Damn. You're grown men. Most of you have lived 50 years or more. You've seen it and experienced it. And yet, you come in here as if you have no knowledge, experiences or common sense about anything -- and whine about 0.17% homelessness being a sign of THE END.

That never-ending hope for failure.

Get outta here.
"The American soldiers were proof that God exists, and they came down from the sky. They came down from Heaven."

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 3028
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: down two... then left

Re: Will Trump make the Grade.

Post by tamada » January 15, 2019, 9:00 pm

Lone Star wrote:
January 15, 2019, 8:01 pm
Doodoo wrote:
January 15, 2019, 1:32 pm
America's homeless population rises for the first time since the Great Recession
Exclusive: a new government study finds 553,742 people were homeless on a single night this year, as advocates lament a crisis that shows no sign of abating

Oooooppps
The same ones who snicker at thousands of jobs added every month and touting ridiculous excuses for the millions of jobs added in the last two years, preach doom over the homelessness of 0.17% (not even a quarter of 1%) of the population.

1. Statistical drivers of the US economy are not influenced by homelessness.

2. Every year, if there are better jobs available, people leave less-rewarding jobs for those better jobs. In Chattanooga, some guy leaving welding school while stocking shelves in the local supermarket, will get a better job at Volkswagen.

3. Every year, there are new citizens entering the workforce. Those new additions to the labor market fill those abandoned jobs and many others. Some guy in Chattanooga, who graduates from high school, will take that job stocking shelves in the supermarket that was abandoned by the guy who left for Volkswagen.

4. The same free enterprise system where millionaires come and go on an annual basis also reflects a similar dynamic of people rotating through, who are down on their luck. Some become homeless. Homelessness, like possessing great wealth, is not a permanent status.

5. Those people who experience never-ending homelessness usually remain in that status as a result of several personal factors that may or may not be of their making -- repeated poor choices, failure to take advantage of opportunities that would help lift them out of their situation, or they suffer some mental/physical handicap that keeps them in the cycle. Many of these people don't have the mobility or skills or awareness to be able to take a job anywhere. That's not BECAUSE TRUMP.

So take your silly 0.17% homeless stat and your never-ending GET TRUMP derangement syndrome and try to get a grip on the fact that LIFE AIN'T FAIR.

Some people will not achieve no matter what opportunities exist and no matter what is handed to them in charity. All anyone has to do is look at students in a university paying the same tuition for the same class in the same classroom and the same professor -- with different results.

Damn. You're grown men. Most of you have lived 50 years or more. You've seen it and experienced it. And yet, you come in here as if you have no knowledge, experiences or common sense about anything -- and whine about 0.17% homelessness being a sign of THE END.

That never-ending hope for failure.

Get outta here.
Oh my, that was refreshingly different wasn't it?

But getting back to that last bit. Despite the jury being still out on Giggle yes, we're all grown men and yes, we've seen it and experienced it.

Much like they've never had much interest in doing the equivalent of the paper rounds or the selling lemonade of their forbears, the current, overwhelmingly dumbed-down, self-entitled generation of high school graduates don't really want to take over stacking the shelves while your welder goes on to (rather bizarrely) make Volkswagens. They want that equally dumbed-down degree now and get a big SUV (not a Volkswagen) and a nine-to-five with top wages but low responsibility that gives them plenty time to party. Hell!... they might aspire for public office! But, just like their forbears who cut lawns, picked fruit or worked construction, there's at least two whole caravans full of immigrants who are appreciative of the social and fiscal leg-up that a low-paying, menial job in the good ol' US of A will afford them. Some of them will go on to become US citizens and bloody good ones too because they weren't born with the metaphorical, God-given, silver spoon of being lucky to be born American in their mouth.

Then the amazing segue to millionaires and how they simply come and go like some ephemeral spirit of free enterprise... while the homeless and impoverished abide. Then the suggestion that it's probably, mostly their fault anyway, especially if they're cripples. Yeah... "not even a quarter of 1%" so keep snickering.

This never-ending clamor for recognition of achievements that DJT and his acolytes perpetually and mostly laughably claim as being solely due to his deep, profound and undeniably superior knowledge of all things. A veritable pan-galactic, all-encompassing, one-man internet of things.

It's not a never-ending hope for failure. That flies in the face of basic human nature. It's simply a crystal-clear, sharp realization that "Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon 'em." Then there's the hurricane of hubris, DJT.

User avatar
Udon Map
Admin
Posts: 1320
Joined: July 31, 2013, 7:57 pm

Re: Will Trump make the Grade.

Post by Udon Map » January 15, 2019, 9:09 pm

tamada wrote:
January 15, 2019, 4:31 pm
"... what enabled the (US) oil and gas industry to extract oil from shale rock over the past 7 years was higher prices. If it weren’t for higher oil prices, the capital investment needed in the oil and gas sector, wouldn’t have occurred, and US oil production would have continued to decline."
Look at your graphs again. They disprove what you're saying.

U.S. crude production declined between 2000 and 2008 while prices rose from $25 to about $150. Isn't that exactly the opposite of what you're saying?

Then production started ramping up steeply starting around 2012 and continuing through the end of the graph at 2015. During this time, however, the price oscillated in a band between $80 and $120. There was no uptrend in the price during this time.

User avatar
Lone Star
udonmap.com
Posts: 2678
Joined: June 26, 2014, 11:52 pm

Re: Will Trump make the Grade.

Post by Lone Star » January 15, 2019, 9:14 pm

Lone Star wrote:
January 15, 2019, 8:01 pm

4. The same free enterprise system where millionaires come and go on an annual basis also reflects a similar dynamic of people rotating through, who are down on their luck. Some become homeless. Homelessness, like possessing great wealth, is not a permanent status.

5. Those people who experience never-ending homelessness usually remain in that status as a result of several personal factors that may or may not be of their making -- repeated poor choices, failure to take advantage of opportunities that would help lift them out of their situation, or they suffer some mental/physical handicap that keeps them in the cycle. Many of these people don't have the mobility or skills or awareness to be able to take a job anywhere. That's not BECAUSE TRUMP.
You quoted me, and still had the nerve to mischaractize what I posted.
Then the amazing segue to millionaires and how they simply come and go like some ephemeral spirit of free enterprise... while the homeless and impoverished abide. Then the suggestion that it's probably, mostly their fault anyway, especially if they're cripples. Yeah... "not even a quarter of 1%" so keep snickering.
As for the rest of your thoughts, you're always entitled to your opinion.
"The American soldiers were proof that God exists, and they came down from the sky. They came down from Heaven."

Doodoo
udonmap.com
Posts: 368
Joined: October 15, 2017, 8:47 pm

Re: Will Trump make the Grade.

Post by Doodoo » January 15, 2019, 9:35 pm

Homeless are Homeless
Accept the data and hopefully people will deal with it

Move on
USA aint he great place many want to say it is They have their faults but continue to hide behind
THE GREATNESS

Post Reply

Return to “Trump”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests