Udon Map wrote: ↑
July 15, 2019, 9:09 am
The British ambassador was speculating as to why
Trump withdrew from the Iran agreement. The fact is that while we all may have ideas and suspicions on this point, no one really knows for certain other than Trump, himself.
Many things lost on most who talk about the Iran Agreement:
1. It was never approved by the US Congress -- as are most treaties/agreements between countries. It was merely an agreement between the Obama Administration and Iran. Obama acted unilaterally, which is why the next president could withdraw from the "deal" without congressional approval.
2. Iran never signed the agreement and even the Obama Administration admitted that the deal was not legally binding.
3. Iran never agreed to US inspections by outside agencies. Any inspections on military installations were also prohibited. Iran would inspect itself and file a report. If international bodies suspected violations, they would have to wait to inspect for 24 days.
4. There were secret side deals to the agreement that the US Congress learned of after the fact. The deal was never completely transparent.
5. All the deal did was delay Iran's march to nuclear weapons. Nuclear experts believed that by the time the 10 year deal was up, Iran could have nuclear weapons capabilities within 12 months.
It was called the "Iran Deal" for a reason. Iran got the deal of lifetime.
Who the hell would agree to something like that with the world's largest state sponsor of terrorism? (rhetorical question)