The Udon Tap -- Open Again!!

General Udon Thani topics only!
Old Grumpy
udonmap.com

Re: UDON TAP (Sponsor)

Post by Old Grumpy » September 10, 2018, 11:23 am

tamada wrote:
September 10, 2018, 9:32 am
The keyboard snipers and gossips are a reason why some sponsors tend to keep mum on UM. These sponsors have their regular customers and they have other avenues for news updates and advertising.

If someone has a complaint, it is always best brought up directly with the sponsor, in person at the point of sale. Otherwsie, contact can be via email, phone call, FB or LINE messaging or a PM.

Posting a complaint, however legitimate, on a public internet forum... well, let's just say nobody really wins except maybe the keyboard snipers, gossips and other habitual misery guts who may never, ever shop or eat there but have personal issues with a sponsor. You know who you are.

FWIW, one doesn't need to be a FB member to view any sponsors FB page; I'm not a FB member. If you click the appropriate button on the FB log-in pop-up prompt (circled in red below), it minimizes and you can scroll their page, see their specials and probably much more importantly, see their alternative contact details if you need to make a complaint.

This public service announcement brought to you by tamada. No fees or other benefits or enticements have been paid, offered or implied by the owners and operators of the UTTH for this service.

fblogin.jpg
Well I presume as the post immediately followed mine it was a reply to me so let me first say I wasn't sniping or complaining in any way, simply asking what hours the establishment was open, believe it or not I was a potential customer. Anyway thank you for your lecture on the many high tec means of communication open to me, however I have no desire to avail myself of any of them .I was asking a simple question about a business located in Udon Thani, so naturally I asked on a forum supposed to be about Udon Thani, not on any online service based possibly many thousand of miles away, does that seem such a peculiar thing to do?
As an experienced marketeer I must wonder why, unless you are selling things on line, why you would want to advertise your wares to such a world wide audience when your customer base is purely local .

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 10, 2018, 11:50 am

Old Grumpy wrote:
September 10, 2018, 11:23 am
Well I presume as the post immediately followed mine it was a reply to me so let me first say I wasn't sniping or complaining in any way, simply asking what hours the establishment was open, believe it or not I was a potential customer. Anyway thank you for your lecture on the many high tec means of communication open to me, however I have no desire to avail myself of any of them .I was asking a simple question about a business located in Udon Thani, so naturally I asked on a forum supposed to be about Udon Thani, not on any online service based possibly many thousand of miles away, does that seem such a peculiar thing to do?
As an experienced marketeer I must wonder why, unless you are selling things on line, why you would want to advertise your wares to such a world wide audience when your customer base is purely local .
You presume wrong OG. It was a public service announcement and not in any way a direct response to your last post. In contrast, THIS is a direct response to your last post.

Your new opening hours question has already been answered and I hope that you find time to drop by and become an afternoon regular. Their earlier opening certainly makes it easier for me. I am a once-a-week regular at UTTH but I was unaware of the changes until last Friday because I don't do FB and I didn't stop by over the previous 2 weeks. Is that the sponsor's fault?

Like several other legacy UM members, you are possibly missing the quick and efficient, direct answers from sponsors to the simplest of questions from customers here. Lamenting the loss of this 'personal touch' is very valid and akin to the mom and pop store closing and one having to go to (heaven forbid) Tesco-Lotus instead. It's about sponsors addressing and customers accommodating technological change. It's easier to have several social media advertising streams that address local and not-so local without duplication of effort. Flyers and billboards are mostly redundant these days and have been for several years already. It is a shame that 'word of mouth' appears also to be a much diminished medium, especially as we get older and don't openly socialize as much as we used to but that's not really the sponsor's fault either.

With regard to the keyboard snipers (not you) using these sponsor's pages to take pot-shots and easily post rumor and disinformation all gratis on a forum thread that the sponsor is paying for is all too time-consuming to address and typically ends up in an on-line p!ssing contest. Hence the reticence of some sponsors to post as frequently as they used to. They're also quite busy!

No lecture intended.

Old Grumpy
udonmap.com

Post by Old Grumpy » September 10, 2018, 12:22 pm

tamada wrote:
September 10, 2018, 11:50 am
Old Grumpy wrote:
September 10, 2018, 11:23 am
You presume wrong OG. It was a public service announcement and not in any way a direct response to your last post. In contrast, THIS is a direct response to your last post.

Your new opening hours question has already been answered and I hope that you find time to drop by and become an afternoon regular. Their earlier opening certainly makes it easier for me. I am a once-a-week regular at UTTH but I was unaware of the changes until last Friday because I don't do FB and I didn't stop by over the previous 2 weeks. Is that the sponsor's fault?

Like several other legacy UM members, you are possibly missing the quick and efficient, direct answers from sponsors to the simplest of questions from customers here. Lamenting the loss of this 'personal touch' is very valid and akin to the mom and pop store closing and one having to go to (heaven forbid) Tesco-Lotus instead. It's about sponsors addressing and customers accommodating technological change. It's easier to have several social media advertising streams that address local and not-so local without duplication of effort. Flyers and billboards are mostly redundant these days and have been for several years already. It is a shame that 'word of mouth' appears also to be a much diminished medium, especially as we get older and don't openly socialize as much as we used to but that's not really the sponsor's fault either.

With regard to the keyboard snipers (not you) using these sponsor's pages to take pot-shots and easily post rumor and disinformation all gratis on a forum thread that the sponsor is paying for is all too time-consuming to address and typically ends up in an on-line p!ssing contest. Hence the reticence of some sponsors to post as frequently as they used to. They're also quite busy!

No lecture intended.
i suppose i should thank you for making a public service announcement although i am not sure on whose behalf it was made .I saw no recent evidence on the topic of any sniping or taking pot shots so naturally I asumed it was a reply to me, not realising it was simply you attempting to side track the topic to promote your own agenda, which appears to be your concern with the behaviour of other posters, noticable on other topics as well.I must admit you gave me a laugh though after telling all to read facebook to know what is going on in Udon, you admit you obviously hadn't done so and didn't realise they had changed their opening hours. Somehow i think that makes my point .Maybe see you in there for a pint later this week. :lol:

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 10, 2018, 12:50 pm

Old Grumpy wrote:
September 10, 2018, 12:22 pm
i suppose i should thank you for making a public service announcement although i am not sure on whose behalf it was made .I saw no recent evidence on the topic of any sniping or taking pot shots so naturally I asumed it was a reply to me, not realising it was simply you attempting to side track the topic to promote your own agenda, which appears to be your concern with the behaviour of other posters, noticable on other topics as well.I must admit you gave me a laugh though after telling all to read facebook to know what is going on in Udon, you admit you obviously hadn't done so and didn't realise they had changed their opening hours. Somehow i think that makes my point .Maybe see you in there for a pint later this week. :lol:
No need to thank me. Your 'natural assumptions' are something that I have no control over. Do you?

As for me 'attempting to side track the topic to promote your own agenda' and mentioning my other forum activities.... well bugger me OG if that's not sniping. By any chance are you a member of the 'bright siders' too?

Look, I'm a semi-regular and don't do FB and I found out about their new opening hours after being told by the owners when I eventually did drop by. Whats so remarkable about that?

Anyhoo, I hope to see you too but not nearly as much as the owners do. I will be the one sitting outside, supping a pint, smoking a stogie and otherwise radiating infinite peace, joy and happiness. Your shout OK?

Cheers

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » September 10, 2018, 2:43 pm

well , if i would have a business and be a sponsor here , in case fe a restaurant ,i would try to keep the readers informed completely of our exploits , fe posting full menu /drinks and surely prices , any daily specials ?,
promotions ...enc , very important opening/closing hours/days and any changes /exceptions there , updated regularly with pictures and any other changes what so ever , it does not take long to do this ,the only one here who is updating his topic on a daily base is little italian restaurant =D> , looks like the rest don't care or maybe are overwhelmed with customers so why bother at all ?.... :-k

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 10, 2018, 5:15 pm

I reckon with their extended hours, forum members have an even greater opportunity to drop by, sample the goods, meet the owners and make recommendations in person. Make it a day trip and maybe check out a couple of other venues that are well within staggering distance too. We're all pals on the west side.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » September 10, 2018, 7:28 pm

indeed tamada , Make it a day trip ,as not all of us are living near by... ,
that is why good info from the sponsors is needed ! ,
and surely prices so every one can know if it is within their budget, to make the trip... ;)

aussiecol
udonmap.com

Tap Taste House (open again)

Post by aussiecol » March 14, 2019, 6:28 pm

For those who are wondering, The Tap has now re-opened under new Management. Luck and Em, Two very friendly and accommodating lady;s. They have re-stocked the bars and cleaned it all up very nice. They even have Guinness on Tap once again. Also have several old draught favorites coming shortly and will be carrying some non alcoholic lines as well. The garden area has been cleaned up and now looks great. So for those who previously enjoyed visiting the establishment go on back and check it out.

SJP17
udonmap.com

Re: Tap Taste House (open again)

Post by SJP17 » March 14, 2019, 6:40 pm

Great news.

Will they be showing any live Sport there ?

Its quite near the house so would be good for going to watch UFC, Footie etc.

Whats the plans for the venue ?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 14, 2019, 7:38 pm

Perfect timing! I get back this weekend.

aussiecol
udonmap.com

Post by aussiecol » March 14, 2019, 8:15 pm

Yes the do have live sports and regarding future plans, will probably introduce some live music on occasion in the garden area, remodel the menu and introduce some new more exciting beer lines. Might even have some BBQ afternoons.

ajsp9
udonmap.com

Post by ajsp9 » March 15, 2019, 3:53 am

aussiecol wrote:
March 14, 2019, 8:15 pm
Yes the do have live sports and regarding future plans, will probably introduce some live music on occasion in the garden area, remodel the menu and introduce some new more exciting beer lines. Might even have some BBQ afternoons.
Sounds like a great plan will pop in when next in the area 🙏

Good luck with it sounds like a new management team will give it a new lease of life

aussiecol
udonmap.com

Re: The Udon Tap -- Open Again!!

Post by aussiecol » March 15, 2019, 10:42 pm

Just a reminder for those who didn't know already or may have forgotten, due to voting there are no alcohol sales between 6pm Saturday the 16th until 6 pm Sunday the 17th. We will be open for business from 6pm on Sunday. BTW don't forget we now have Guinness on tap.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”