Swimming pool

Information on building a house, buying poperty and land, and all other general contruction topics...
Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Re: Swimming pool

Post by Marcosteffano » May 16, 2018, 9:33 pm

vincemunday wrote:
May 16, 2018, 7:43 pm
Whichever way it goes I've decided against composite, I've swam in them when I was in Aus and they aren't my thing. Rainy season seems to be early this year but I can wait.
Come to think of it mate,I've got a emaux sph 15 pump.its 1.5 hp and about right for your pool but you need a big sand filter for it.probably 30inch.the sph series is the top of the range and moves more water for less money.ive used it for 6 months for my jacuzzi but it's too powerful as I've only got 3 jets and need something smaller.cost 19,500baht I'll take 11,000b and guarantee it for 6 months.emaux are a good pump.i took one off this pool and it was about 15 years old and still going as strong as ever.do your research and get back to me.emaux sph 150,2 inch inlet outlet.remember the bigger the filter the better and don't have to run them as long.

johanthomsen

Post by johanthomsen » May 17, 2018, 5:29 am

This post is really exciting since I am also looking into investing into a pool when my house build begins, and I would really appreciate if you guys could share an estimate cost on how much you used (yeah I know it can costs as much as one wants, but I do not intend to pay insane farang prizes 😁😁)

bluejets
udonmap.com

Post by bluejets » May 17, 2018, 11:15 am

Seems most have forgotten to install and bring out an earth bond conductor on the reo.
6 sq mm stranded and clamped and sealed with metal base paint such as zinc-it.

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » May 17, 2018, 2:07 pm

johanthomsen wrote:
May 17, 2018, 5:29 am
This post is really exciting since I am also looking into investing into a pool when my house build begins, and I would really appreciate if you guys could share an estimate cost on how much you used (yeah I know it can costs as much as one wants, but I do not intend to pay insane farang prizes 😁😁)
Size matters as the mrs tells me......you need to ask what size your thinking about first.8x4 metre is a nice size and manageable.1-2 metres in depth so you can dive in.thats 48 cubic metres of water.i would recommend a 1hp pump with an over sized sand filter,28 inch using zeolite and not sand.the object is to turn the whole pool water over or under 6 hours a day and this would be plenty.dont know about costs of building,maybe follow what vince is doing and self build is far the cheapest way.pool companies are mental prices and don't have much in the way of after care once they've been paid.also there is an art to looking after a pool in this climate.you tube is the best way to look into building a pool and maintaining it.they can be a nightmare with rain messing up the balance of the water and out here the debris of black soot when they burn the crops off.remember the pump should turn the water over at the least once a day and the bigger the filter the more it will pick up the dirt and not be forced through the filter and back into the pool.i think I may know someone who can give you a price (farang)

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » May 17, 2018, 4:19 pm

Ring this number for a quote or advice on building a pool.
Name is either Atit or Atik
0930655167 Thai not english

He has ben helping rectify some technical problems on the set up of salt water chlorinator, pumps, plumbing changes and setting up the water quality for the GF, since I am away.
He has a team that can build a pool.
Efficient and always comes on time when he makes an appointment. Knows his tuff.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » May 18, 2018, 9:06 am

no chemicals needed...https://www.enviroswim.com/benefits
i am happy with my standard floating chlorinator system... ;)

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » May 18, 2018, 10:06 am

Kopkei, you have been a tremendous help, I’m very grateful. As for keeping the pool clean, I’ve always used granulated chlorine, it’s easy to dose and safe to handle so I’ll most likely stick to that.
“Freedom of speech was never free, thousands of people paid for that freedom with their lives" Activist Tommy Robinson 2018.

Return to “House & Land”